Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,051 members, 7,814,609 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:06 PM

Muslims Still Think The Earth Is Flat. - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslims Still Think The Earth Is Flat. (4917 Views)

Why Are Muslims Still Raw Over The Crusades? / You Still Think That Islam Is The Problem?! / Is The Earth Flat? According To Allah? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslims Still Think The Earth Is Flat. by Sweetnecta: 12:18am On Apr 16, 2012
The shortest distance between 2 points is a straight line as Mai Suya stated.

When you make a bow, the arc of the bow is longer than the string that ties the two ends of the stick. Imagine the man standing at one end and Kaaba in Makka is the other end. If the man faces The Kaaba end, what you will realize is that the curved arc is the surface of the earth. However the string in tension is straight and if you have the way with it all to borrow a tunnel using it as guide, you will be looking at the Kaaba, facing it.

If you face away from it and get to Maaka by a larger arc, you will face a larger [arc earth surface] curve and you will not see Kaaba because you will have decide by shear ignorance to turn your back to the correct straight line that will get you to see the Kaaba, the Qibla your heart loved.
Re: Muslims Still Think The Earth Is Flat. by LogicMind: 9:35am On Apr 16, 2012
Sweetnecta: The shortest distance between 2 points is a straight line as Mai Suya stated.

When you make a bow, the arc of the bow is longer than the string that ties the two ends of the stick. Imagine the man standing at one end and Kaaba in Makka is the other end. If the man faces The Kaaba end, what you will realize is that the curved arc is the surface of the earth. However the string in tension is straight and if you have the way with it all to borrow a tunnel using it as guide, you will be looking at the Kaaba, facing it.

If you face away from it and get to Maaka by a larger arc, you will face a larger [arc earth surface] curve and you will not see Kaaba because you will have decide by shear ignorance to turn your back to the correct straight line that will get you to see the Kaaba, the Qibla your heart loved.

and the man at the opposite end of mecca will have to lie face down to "face" your kabba. shebi?
humans stand perpendicular to the earth's core. we don't tilt at an angle. We can see up to a certain distance (around 3 to 20 miles depending) after which everything else is outer space.
It is called the horizon, a term that flat earth proponents didn't know about.

I understand trying to reconcile your faith with modern scientific evidence but lying to yourself is a bad way of doing it. They said face mecca thinking the earth was flat, you know the earth is not flat but continue to deceive yourself thinking you are facing mecca.
Re: Muslims Still Think The Earth Is Flat. by Sweetnecta: 5:32pm On Apr 16, 2012
logic mind, you are losing it.

lying down may be an option for you.
but for us in Islam, no one must sleep on his stomach and prayers, are forbidden in this position, too. In salat you stand, sit, lay on your side, but not lying on your stomach.

There is nothing except one thing you can do in that position; what husband and wife do.
Re: Muslims Still Think The Earth Is Flat. by Sweetnecta: 5:36pm On Apr 16, 2012
Kaaba, the Qibla of the muslims for all Islamic reasons and locations is accepted to extend to heavens and touch Bait Mamur.

You can not lie on your stomach or your back to make salah.

There is no reason to stand on Kaaba or go under it to make salat, because you are right there, anyway.

@Logic mind: How are you, mehn? You doing good?
Re: Muslims Still Think The Earth Is Flat. by Sweetnecta: 5:50pm On Apr 16, 2012
A long straight line or a curve is made of points or dots.

The idea that horizon is truly away from Kaaba when it flies over it is silly for many reasons:

1]. Kaaba must be accepted as the center, the reason that going around it on upper levels higher than it is acceptable.

2]. It could be assumed that it reaches higher than the physical height because no one will be allowed to build any thing on the space above its top.

3]. if you construct the shortest smooth curve on the surface of the earth from your position to reach the Kaaba, that is the direction and path for you.
Re: Muslims Still Think The Earth Is Flat. by LogicMind: 10:00am On Apr 17, 2012
like i said, you are only trying to reconcile your religion with scientific facts.
so you invent (kabba height is infinite) or twist ( a straight line is a curve).
even if we accept these accrobatics, it still doesn't change the fact that your religion founders thought the earth was flat.
Re: Muslims Still Think The Earth Is Flat. by uncover: 4:54pm On Apr 18, 2012
Logic Mind: like i said, you are only trying to reconcile your religion with scientific facts.
so you invent (kabba height is infinite) or twist ( a straight line is a curve).
even if we accept these accrobatics, it still doesn't change the fact that your religion founders thought the earth was flat.

The conclusion you've drawn from your argument is illogical. You've not drawn out any fact. Rather you've been more emotional than logical. All the same, it's left for the viewers of the post to draw out their conclusions from the arguments and counter-arguments. So, case closed.
Re: Muslims Still Think The Earth Is Flat. by ignis: 7:26pm On Apr 28, 2012
tbaba1234:

Olodo!!

How to calculate qibla direction

By definition, the direction between two points on a sphere is along the shortest path that connects the two points on the surface of the sphere. It is known that such a shortest path lies on an arc of a great circle, i.e., a circle that passes through the two points and is centered at the center of the sphere.

Since Earth has a spherical shape, we can use the formula for great circle to find qibla direction for any point on the Earth. Indeed, this direction can be easily computed using the following one-line formula:

where (φ1, λ1) is the latitude-longitude of your location, and (φ2, λ2) = (21.42, 39.83) is the latitude-longitude of Ka’ba. The returned value, α, specifies the angle of qibla clockwise from true North.

http://eqibla.com/docs/
You are confused.
Re: Muslims Still Think The Earth Is Flat. by bazboy(m): 7:54pm On Apr 30, 2012
Mr Logic Mind,
in Islam there is no erroneos belief. Therefore, muslims have never believed in the flatness of the earth for once.
Re: Muslims Still Think The Earth Is Flat. by LogicMind: 6:59am On May 01, 2012
bazboy: Mr Logic Mind,
in Islam there is no erroneos belief. Therefore, muslims have never believed in the flatness of the earth for once.

so why the hell do the whole bunch of you think you are facing mecca when in reality you all are just staring at outer space?
Re: Muslims Still Think The Earth Is Flat. by bazboy(m): 12:53pm On May 01, 2012
Do you own research and see where we are actually facing. Do you know that that is where your dishes face for them to receive signal? If you dont believe turn your own to face somewhere else.
Re: Muslims Still Think The Earth Is Flat. by LogicMind: 7:36pm On May 01, 2012
bazboy: Do you own research and see where we are actually facing. Do you know that that is where your dishes face for them to receive signal? If you dont believe turn your own to face somewhere else.
Re: Muslims Still Think The Earth Is Flat. by dijasnahk: 9:17pm On Aug 22, 2013
Unless they live in or very close to Mecca, aren’t they just praying towards space?

My answer to your question is hidden in this question:

"How can airplanes fly from one city to the other when the Earth is round?"

It is simply a matter of directions, irrespective of the fact that earth is not straight and also that the earth is continuously in motion.

Moreover, facing towards Mecca (or precisely towards Ka’ba) DOES NOT mean that Muslims worship (or bow to) Ka’ba or Mecca… it is merely a symbol of unity!

1 Like

Re: Muslims Still Think The Earth Is Flat. by PrecisePrestige: 6:31am On Sep 08, 2020
[/color] smileyPEACE AND BLESSINGS TO ALL.

I need every Mooslimuum to let me know you read this by posting your attribute and what it means if you like! Shakrum akhi!

I wanted to read this whole forum but the ignorance is almost purposeful. Learn “peace”.

So many ppl come here with intentions to spread confusion.

My intentions are to settle my fellow brothers down. I love that we continue to type peacefully...

I came here to learn and I have.

Thank you mister logic with your philosophy! You almost made me shake my foundation. So I would love to thank my fellow brothers and sisters for speaking with the wisdom allah provided.

Most ppl don’t know Islam is the most battle ready out of any body when it comes to peaceful debate about a "way of life."

THE WORKS WRITTEN ABOUT PROPHET MUHAMMAD ARE ABOUT WHAT HE DID AND SAID.

But even Prophet Muhammad is not G-D. And there are things he didn’t know. We don’t know what it is he didn’t know But we can take some of the most untrustworthy of writings about what he did and defeat these confusion spreaders.

Like my brother said from the top of the forum, we know our position in earth and in life.

Don’t let us bring our big gun. The Quran!
When a brother starts quoting the Quran you know he’s really trying to enlighten you and probably about to walk away. But we haven’t even started quoting on this post yet lol!

I love you guys, but my love is not perfect so I won’t fault you neither.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Virtues Of The Day Of Arafah / Forgiveness & Purity Of Heart / The Etiquette Of Sneezing: Praising Allaah, Saying “may Allaah Have Mercy On You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.