Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,921 members, 7,952,707 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:57 PM

'God Chose Us' - GEJ At National Breakfast Meeting - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'God Chose Us' - GEJ At National Breakfast Meeting (10493 Views)

God Chose Buhari To Fulfill Plans For Nigeria- V.P Osinbajo / The Mixed Reactions Between Obj And Gej At The Handover Ceremony / 'Pastors For Change' On 7-day Prayer, Announce That God Chose Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'God Chose Us' - GEJ At National Breakfast Meeting by ovo4u(m): 12:47am On Apr 15, 2012
Didn't he Jonathan the son of God decleared 6 months action on the Power sectors when he was vice trying to be President? so why we don't hear anything from that sectors again? You know a son of God should be an example and not just saying things to fool 150 million people.
Re: 'God Chose Us' - GEJ At National Breakfast Meeting by oyebad: 12:49am On Apr 15, 2012
OMG gej can u pls keep quite and do wat everu av to do cause u words r more like a priamary skul student pls jst do and go we av accepted our faith day u rt d one in charge till 2015
Re: 'God Chose Us' - GEJ At National Breakfast Meeting by Demdem(m): 12:58am On Apr 15, 2012
gboss4sure:

There aint nothing like diverting here friend, Just wont join issues with you till you remove tr9bal sentiments from you and see things clearly. I agree that money changed hands but still delegates would have voted for him.

My friend, nothing is tribal here ok. The bolded is what i expect from u and that u have given. Money changed hands for his benefit case closed. Now the next question is : Is "God" in this inducement?

Will you swear that this your ATIKU didnt bribe anyone? cause he didnt win he then start blabbing around and you joined his league cause of your hatred for GEJ. Go rest nigga or u go drink sleeping pills if sleep no wan come ur eyes.

Am not vouching for Atiku and i dont bloody cae about him and of cos he himself would have paid out some sum however not as much as much as the retardeen because his came from our external reserves which he depleted
Re: 'God Chose Us' - GEJ At National Breakfast Meeting by Demdem(m): 1:02am On Apr 15, 2012
Rossikk:

Yes it has.

very good. In ptherwords The retardeen's "God" sanctioned his rigging and fraud. Well noted
Re: 'God Chose Us' - GEJ At National Breakfast Meeting by Demdem(m): 1:04am On Apr 15, 2012
omoredia: Nigerians can be really stupid. We all voted for this guy so why complain? The issuse was that there was no other candidate beta enough for people to vote for. Se na buhari? Wey D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ secretly support terrorist to discredit the effort of GEJ. Let's face facts abeg!

Substantiate this blatant lie of urs or else shut the ffuck off
Re: 'God Chose Us' - GEJ At National Breakfast Meeting by tigerleggs(m): 1:15am On Apr 15, 2012
killuminati:
Resurrect from where, you don die cheesy
Resurrect from where, you don die? By the way, who da bleep is diluminati?
Sorry oo. She's NL junkyard bit.ch. But dead now.
Re: 'God Chose Us' - GEJ At National Breakfast Meeting by Nobody: 1:32am On Apr 15, 2012
all gej is saying is that he is the latest a long line of eediots chosen by God to lead some hapless people

hitler, saddam, mussolini,berlusconi all electedand all failures

i could go on, but you get the point
Re: 'God Chose Us' - GEJ At National Breakfast Meeting by kunlekunle: 4:14am On Apr 15, 2012
[size=22pt]if God chose you
your God is OBJ[/size]
Re: 'God Chose Us' - GEJ At National Breakfast Meeting by lastpage: 6:49am On Apr 15, 2012
Sure, God chose you so that you can make-up for your "lost kindergarten years" by imposing hardship on the people you rule while you live large like there is no tomorrow!

Just remember that the same God listens to the cry of the massses and avenges them...and their cry is not letting Him rest at all!

Incompetent slowpoke! wink

Lastpage!
Re: 'God Chose Us' - GEJ At National Breakfast Meeting by killuminati(m): 6:57am On Apr 15, 2012
tigerleggs: Sorry oo. She's NL junkyard bit.ch. But dead now.
Oh guess I killed the bittch! Cos ima illuminati killer, I'm iller!
Re: 'God Chose Us' - GEJ At National Breakfast Meeting by emsquare(m): 7:07am On Apr 15, 2012
CyberG: How can God chose a man by rigging himself into power?

Huh?
Re: 'God Chose Us' - GEJ At National Breakfast Meeting by procedure: 7:36am On Apr 15, 2012
The god that choose him can also reject him. Saul of the bible is an example. Mr president you better do god's will so that he can continue to choose u. Power is like life it can be lost unexpectedly even with an headache.
Re: 'God Chose Us' - GEJ At National Breakfast Meeting by TopAnalyst(m): 8:03am On Apr 15, 2012
GEJ - Next time you'll say "God allowed me to be there" and not "God chosed me". because it is always obvious and indisputable when God "choses" someone.
Re: 'God Chose Us' - GEJ At National Breakfast Meeting by Ozonna(m): 8:19am On Apr 15, 2012
I believe most of us believe in God. Xtians,Moslems and Traditional worshippers are the 3 main religious groups in Nigeria. They also believe in a Supreme being that resides in heaven. We believe that the affairs of Men are governed by this supreme being.

I'm a xtian, i believe that God is the one that appoints our Leaders/Rulers Good or Bad. However, he gave us free will to do whatever we want Ie God chose GEJ for a purpose, but its now for him to fulfill God's Plan for the nation.

Is GEJ fulfilling God's plan for the nation is a question for another day. But to say that God didn't choose GEJ with all due respect is irresponsible and mischievious except you are an atheist.
Re: 'God Chose Us' - GEJ At National Breakfast Meeting by sweetcocoa(f): 8:24am On Apr 15, 2012
Ozonna: I believe most of us believe in God. Xtians,Moslems and Traditional worshippers are the 3 main religious groups in Nigeria. They also believe in a Supreme being that resides in heaven. We believe that the affairs of Men are governed by this supreme being.

I'm a xtian, i believe that God is the one that appoints our Leaders/Rulers Good or Bad. However, he gave us free will to do whatever we want Ie God chose GEJ for a purpose, but its now for him to fulfill God's Plan for the nation.

Is GEJ fulfilling God's plan for the nation is a question for another day. But to say that God didn't choose GEJ with all due respect is irresponsible and mischievious except you are an atheist.
What is this one saying?
Re: 'God Chose Us' - GEJ At National Breakfast Meeting by kunlekunle: 9:18am On Apr 15, 2012
[size=24pt]the voice of the people is the voice of GOD
so the people that voted becomes your GOD[/size]
Re: 'God Chose Us' - GEJ At National Breakfast Meeting by ziccoit: 9:24am On Apr 15, 2012
God chose us to punish Nigerians.

GEJ 2012
Re: 'God Chose Us' - GEJ At National Breakfast Meeting by PeterKbaba: 10:25am On Apr 15, 2012
The PDP vultures are so desperate in moving into the south west region at all means, they have seen how the ACN govt as succeeded in united all the yorubas, igbos and even the hausas as 1.... Have you not noticed that it is only in the South West that every Nigerian citizen is one and your right is respected... You can take a yoruba man to court as an igbo or hausa and win... You can work any were you like based on merits... The development in SW state is getting better than how it was over 30 years ago.... the progress and unity that is moving under the ACN is so past it as moved into EDo.... Can you all see... the more ACN progress, the more PDP loses their states.... This is why ACN will continue to be a threat to PDP.

Please let's politically analyze this carefully without being tribal about it: We all know Jonathan is planning to contest in 2015 (Good for him), but what are he's chances to win.

We all know that because of BOKO HARAM issues, all Nigerians are desperate to see a true leader emerge as the new President in 2015, so its going to be difficult for the PDP to rig as usual.

We all know that ACN as won the South Western states of Nigeria through their development... Lagos is leading the country to what Nigeria should be.

We all know that Jonathan can not win the Nothern States of Nigeria ( reasons best known to all of us )

We all know that the SE & SS are not united under a party... They are not even united under the PDP too.

We all know that the PDP party is fast loosing its foo's in Nigeria and IF THEY LOOSE THE 2015 ELECTION TO ACN, ALL THE CORRUPTION CABALS WILL BE LOCKED UP ASAP.

Why can't Nigerians realize that we need to change our ways, we are too tribal, that is what the PDP is using in Fighting against us... They make us tribal vampires and claim they are our leaders (PDP)... Nigerians cant you see that PDP as been running this country since 1960 and still no change.

I remember about 15 years ago, the way lagos was before ACN came in, lagos was the most dirtiest state in the whole country, I remember all the streets in Lagos was a refuse dump.. All everyone does was to come out of your house and dump your morning dirt on the street or drive to any express road and dump it there.... Now when ACN got in, OBJ refused to give LAGOS its monthly allocation for years... You know why, so the start will not develop, and people will continue to be poor, dirty and act like animals... The PDP believes this is the only way to destroy us all and we will only see anything PDP as the best.

But now see what ACN is doing.. We all know that Lagos is not there yet, but Lagos be like small London now. All igbo, yoruba, hausa's home and abroad work freely in Lagos... Do you think the PDP government likes this Politically.

The huge difference btw the PDP party and ACN party is: PDP puts Politics first, then Tribal second.... Whereas ACN puts Development first and Merits second. Even when tinubu did not want Fashola to contest the second time, the people of the State, both the igbos, yorubas, and hausas protested they wanted Fashola.... Is that not what Nigerians should do at all times. Unite for the best candidate based on merits and not tribe.

Even the Western World ( Europeans ) will not interfere with our politics, you know why, they are very happy with the PDP government, the Western world don't want us to develop and this is what PDP gov are doing in Nigeria with the power of corruption.

The PDP government steals all our money (eg Ibori), starch it up abroad, in europian banks... this money in billions of $$$ are used to develop other people's country... their banks gives our stolen money to their own citizens as soft loans and develop their country, manufacture new products like generators lol and still sell them to the Nigerian government.

The Developed world speak from both side of their mouth... they talk about Nigerias corruption and they know we all in nigeria are suffering... WHY CAN'T THEY PUT DOWN A POLICY IN THEIR BANKS NOT TO ALLOW STOLEN MONEY FROM AFRICA....

Pls don't get me wrong ooO.. I'm not saying ACN is perfect, but far better than PDP. If Nigeria develops, clean up corruption, invest in education, have young manufacturers and scientist, we start manufacturing and using our resources to manufacture our own product, the british , dollars and euro currency will fall to the naira... Which means the cost of our raw materials that the West buy from us will increase and do you think the West wants this..... Look at the World Bank situation. The Nigerian candidate is the best, but we all know that its not possible ( Welcome to International interest and politics).

We are modern slaves to the West, we claim we are not, but we are... and the pdp is working as their tools. they west comes, they dont care about what the pdp government are doing to us... they take all our resources to their country, manufacture and sell it back to us 5 times the price.... Are this people our friends... Even the developed Muslim countries are the same. If we Nigerians get it right, we will manufacture our own products, they all know that we will not import most of their products into a free market of 160 million nigerians.. that means more more money for our manufacturers, more employment and nigeria will grow.. This will continue to lead to loss of jobs in other countries.

We need to realize that for a country to be rich, respected and known in the world.. Nigeria most unit, develop, and export...

NIGERIA NEEDS TO REALIZE THAT WE ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT COUNTRY IN THE WORLD, IF WE GET IT RIGHT! THE OYINBO RACISM WILL END. ALL THE BLACKS ALL OVER THE WORLD WILL UNITE UNDER NIGERIA. NIGERIA IS THE ONLY ONLY VOICE LEFT FOR THE BLACK RACE IN THE WORLD ARENA...

Back to our trend here.... If PDP claims they are in the interest of the people.... How come the minority muslims or christians in Osun are not complaining.

NIGERIANS WE NEED TO UNDERSTAND THE SIMPLE LOGIC IN NIGERIA.... PDP IS BOKO HAHAM... BOKO HARAM IS PDP... BOKO HARAM IS PDP OF THE NORTH.... CANT YOU PEOPLE OPEN YOUR EYES AND SEE... ARE WE ALL BLIND... BOKO HARAM IS FIGHTING THAT JONATHAN SHOULDNT HAVE BEING THE PRESIDENT ( THAT THE PRESIDENT SHOULD HAVE BEEN FROM PEOPLE LIKE BABANGIDA, ATIKU FROM THE NORTH ).... WHY DO YOU THINK A MAN LIKE BABANGIDA HIMSELF WILL STEP DOWN FOR HIS POLITICAL SON ATIKU.... EVEN WHEN PDP WANTED TO PUT JONATHAN AS PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE )... ATIKU, WHO IS BABANGIDA'S POLITICAL SON AND MOUTH PEACE SAID ''those who made peaceful change impossible,make VIOLENT change inevitable''.....JONATHAN IS FIGHTING THE PDP NOT WITH THE NIGERIAN FORCE..... CAN YOU SEE IT IS ALL PDP CORRUPTION AND GREED... PDP ARE TOO DESPERATE FOR POWER.....

PDP PLEASSSSEEEEEEEEE DONT USE YOUR NORMAL POLITICAL STRATEGY TO DESTROY AND CAUSE CONFUSION AMONG THE FUTURE OF ONE UNITED NIGERIANS GROWING IN THE SOUTH WESTERN STATE OF NIGERIA, BECAUSE OF YOUR SELFISH POLITICAL INTEREST.... THEIR STRATEGY MY LEAD TO THE DIVISION OF NIGERIA...

LAGOS IS WHAT NIGERIA AS LEFT AS A COUNTRY ( I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT EVEN RICHNESS OR RESOURCES, I'M TALKING ABOUT THE LOVE AND UNITY AMONG NIGERIAN TRIBES )..

MY LORD, I REST MY CASE.

1 Like

Re: 'God Chose Us' - GEJ At National Breakfast Meeting by belvo(m): 11:17am On Apr 15, 2012
The man could be telling the truth,afteral the name is comparative.the question should be which of the gods(shango,mamy water.okija,secret society) is he refering to?
Re: 'God Chose Us' - GEJ At National Breakfast Meeting by bakila: 11:26am On Apr 15, 2012
koruji: Don't you just love the Almighty for his patience?

If he were vindictive like GEJ himself that statement would be followed by a bolt of lightning straight to the mouth cheesy cheesy cheesy

Na wa ooo. If that happans his people will blame other Nigerians.
Re: 'God Chose Us' - GEJ At National Breakfast Meeting by Ozonna(m): 12:20pm On Apr 15, 2012
I believe most of us believe in God. Xtians,Moslems and Traditional worshippers are the 3 main religious groups in Nigeria. They also believe in a Supreme being that resides in heaven. We believe that the affairs of Men are governed by this supreme being.

Re: 'God Chose Us' - GEJ At National Breakfast Meeting by Demdem(m): 2:43pm On Apr 15, 2012
kunlekunle:
[size=24pt]the voice of the people is the voice of GOD
so the people that voted becomes your GOD[/size]

Don't be deceived. Not neccessary so all the time. The people shouted and wanted barnabas the criminal instead of Jesus. The heart of man is wicked and most times our desires aren't right. The people also wanted a king against Gods Desire and God was forced to give them Saul. He eventually pushed him away. God knows all things and nothing takes him by surprise however am forced to believe that we all brought this calamity on ur selves as a result of the sour fruits we are currently harvesting.
Re: 'God Chose Us' - GEJ At National Breakfast Meeting by lanrock(m): 11:12am On Apr 16, 2012
A GOD CHOSEN PERSON DONT RIG ELECTION.
Re: 'God Chose Us' - GEJ At National Breakfast Meeting by Olaolufred(m): 2:08pm On Apr 16, 2012
Super1759: All you haters..no matter what you say or do.you can't kick against destiny.he is destined to be there and none of you can stop him.wether he is experince or lost hope. David in the bible wasn't experinced or hopefu".you shoud be praying for him and not sayin nonsense.you condemn. Buhari.ibb,gej and all so who wil seat there.if any1 of you here is given the seat.you wil do worse than devil.

Presidency is not a seat to be given to someone.It is a seat to be worked for.
In Nigeria, the case is completely different. It is a seat of do-or-die.
The forgery that occured in the form of rigging is a proof that it is not God.
If GEJ is insisting God brought him to power, Then he is labelling God as an "election rigger".
God isn't that.
Remember why they suspended Salami to have their way.
God willing, my next vote goes to whoever contested again him.
I regretted ever voting for him.
Re: 'God Chose Us' - GEJ At National Breakfast Meeting by Nobody: 7:04pm On Apr 18, 2012
The God of the River Niger that answereth in pounds
and dollars
Re: 'God Chose Us' - GEJ At National Breakfast Meeting by Nobody: 9:36pm On Apr 18, 2012
Politicizing the Anointing: by Chris Ngwodo

In a multi-religious society like Nigeria where matters of faith are often contentious, we should at least agree on one cardinal principle: Politics should not be used for religious ends while religion should not be used for political goals. This maxim is prone to flagrant violation, more so in an election year. President Goodluck Jonathan’s campaign has been most guilty of this infraction. In one of his campaign ads sponsored by the United Nigeria Group, a voice intones at the beginning, “Let God’s will be done,” and goes on to exhort listeners to vote for the Jonathan/Sambo ticket because it is “God’s will” for the country. In another ad featuring some home video stars, the Jonathan/Sambo ticket is described as “God’s choice.” The Jonathan campaign has generally cast the president as some sort of divine elect or anointed king. This trend of religious politicking is worrisome.

In a society as religious as ours, faith will always be an ingredient of politics which at the best of times is an unstable alchemy of the empirical and the irrational. However, there is a difference between the incandescent political morality of Aminu Kano, whose religious scholarship sharpened his advocacy of democratic humanism and the opportunistic charlatanry of former Zamfara Governor, Ahmed Sani, the erstwhile proponent of Sharia, now an anonymous presence in the senate and last seen battling charges of child-trafficking and pedophilia. There is a clear difference between the thoughtful Spartan Christian faith of Obafemi Awolowo and the hypocritical self-righteous sanctimony of former President Olusegun Obasanjo whose presidency became a pulpit of bull.

Some will argue that the tenor of Jonathan’s faith-based campaign is simply political brand marketing, a scheme of communication that acceptably deploys religious idioms. Certainly, there is a clear effort to construct a usable myth around Jonathan as a man of providence and to dramatize his political trajectory as the stuff of the Nigerian dream. But Jonathan is in danger of becoming a candidate whose claims to leadership rest solely on the fortuitous manner of his ascendance to the presidency. His rise from anonymity to the highest office in the land within a decade, marked by serendipity rather than apparent competence, is being sold as a portent of divine favour and good tidings for the nation at large. There is a place for fairytales in politics, but to hinge our beleaguered country’s hopes on the good fortune of a candidate is, to say the least, imprudent. To advertize that fortune as a supernatural imprimatur upon his candidacy which we must accept for our own good is deception.

Nigerians have previously trusted in usable political myths to their grief. Even General Abacha was hailed by some as a messianic soldier ordained by God to cleanse the rot of the Babangida years although he had himself been an essential part of that rot. Obasanjo’s spectacular sojourn from prison to presidency evoked all kinds of pseudo-mystical interpretations and earned him the toga of the anointed – a concept which he took far too seriously. The late Umaru Musa Yar’Adua emerged as a dark horse in 2007 to clinch the presidency; an office for which his more famous elder brother had strived and ultimately died in vain. Again, some people saw providence at work in Yar’Adua’s emergence and sold him as a divine choice. Indeed, after his victory in the fraud-riddled 2007 polls, Yar’Adua urged his opponents to accept his election as the will of God. These are the results of the bastardization of politics in a religious society.
Readmore
Re: 'God Chose Us' - GEJ At National Breakfast Meeting by 1025: 11:07pm On Apr 18, 2012
if truely God choose u, then God hate nigerians because u are a bundle of hardship.
i will urge jonathan to read Proverbs 29 : 2 it says;
when the wicked is in power, the people mourn but when the righteous in authority, the people rejoice.
nigerians are mourning because we have corrupt and wicked men and women at the top. are u making the bible a liar or are u saying God will bring in a wicked group to rule over us?
watch ur words sir because nebukkadenezza was like u before God made him to feed on grace as a wide animal.
Re: 'God Chose Us' - GEJ At National Breakfast Meeting by Demdem(m): 8:28am On Apr 19, 2012
look at that soldier aide of GEJ in that pix up there. is he not suppose to keep watch on the president at all times especially at this boko times? why is he closing his eyes praying? is there any rule that says u cant open ur eyes and still pray? I think this aide should be sanctioned
Re: 'God Chose Us' - GEJ At National Breakfast Meeting by Nobody: 9:23am On Apr 19, 2012
Demdem: look at that soldier aide of GEJ in that pix up there. is he not suppose to keep watch on the president at all times especially at this boko times? why is he closing his eyes praying? is there any rule that says u cant open ur eyes and still pray? I think this aide should be sanctioned

Mr Soldier is also putting matters in God's hands, absolving himself of any personal responsibility in so doing.
The God delusion knows no bounds in Nigeria.
Re: 'God Chose Us' - GEJ At National Breakfast Meeting by Demdem(m): 9:27am On Apr 19, 2012
can u imagine, so if anything should happen to the retardeen (God forbid) within this short prayer time, his excuse will be "i was praying". na wa oooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Saraki And Dogara At Joint Public Hearing On The Budget (Photos) / DPR Seals 6 Filling Stations, Enforces N145 Per Litre In Anambra / 2023: Women’s Group Backs Osinbajo, Seeks Buhari’s Support

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.