Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,156 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

Kidnapped Micheal Osagiede Freed After 6 Years In The Jungle - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Kidnapped Micheal Osagiede Freed After 6 Years In The Jungle (14610 Views)

Photos: Jungle Justice For Indian Rapists Who Raped & Hung 7-year-old Girl / Freed Prisoner Prefers Prison To Being Released / ~Nairaland Will Be Turning 6 Years On March 10th~ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kidnapped Micheal Osagiede Freed After 6 Years In The Jungle by Bello555: 6:31am On Apr 15, 2012
bayooooooo: Naija, cash and carry journalism! The story does not add up.

Kidnapping are either for extortion or rituals. if he was kidnapped for monetary gains, his family would have been contacted for ransom. And if for ritual purposes, he would have been killed by now or have since been freed if "unkillable". At least you don't want to keep him for six years when there is nothing to gain in return. So what's the motivation for keeping him for six years?

haven't you heard of some rituals that need live animals. Maybe the so called rituals needed the people to be alive for the charm to work for the robbers.

Its like you dont know that there are some people born with good will. Their presence in anywhere brings prossperity and success.

Maybe he is blessed with it thats why anytime they want to kill him, someone will always come up to save him.

Wonders shall never end...
Re: Kidnapped Micheal Osagiede Freed After 6 Years In The Jungle by sweetcocoa(f): 6:44am On Apr 15, 2012
Sad as the story sounds and as tempted as i am to buy it and feel pity for the dude sad,I still don't believe it cheesy.

Many things just don't add up,he was in lagos and his friend called from Benin asking him to wait which he objected to cos he had a flight to catch,the same friend arrived "shortly" when he just left Zenith bank,left the bank to where na? (cos he never said he left to wait for the friend somewhere else) was he still "lefting" when the friend arrived?,if I'm correct from benin to lagos is about 3 hours journey or more(or did his friend come by air )

He was blindfolded for the journey but the blindfolds were removed at every checkpoint which will be up to atleast 4,yet he couldn't alert the officers on the road?shocked,okay maybe the sealed his mouth with "charms" too.

The kidnappers collected all the money some of them had in the world him included according to the story,now how is that possible without his family knowing about it?did he go and get the money for them himself or what?

Abeg tell me something else,this one is all C & B undecided

1 Like

Re: Kidnapped Micheal Osagiede Freed After 6 Years In The Jungle by In4MATIC1: 6:47am On Apr 15, 2012
Pooh, most of us don't appreciate the facts of the story only taking his skewed and warped version.
Go back to the story, what did the family say? He was a case of insanity
2. Did the family make a police report at the time of abduction? No. Why? Because they knew he went bonkers.
3. Look into the patients eyes what do u see? I see wanderlust and confusion. All signs of his many travels in his crazed state.
4. Its popular in his region for jealous enemies to afflict their friends and loved ones with such illness to prevent his further success. And it is usually through poisoned drink. You'll know the difference because the person doesn't go completely mad or snaps out of it from time to time. Av seen two similar cases all from that Benin region.
Re: Kidnapped Micheal Osagiede Freed After 6 Years In The Jungle by ramalot(m): 7:01am On Apr 15, 2012
There is nothing "fishy" or "unbelievable" about this story. I visited Nigeria in 2006, and a few weeks after i left in 2007, a close friend i was with for the most part was kidnapped. He had gone to benin, and was kidnapped there. Just like this dude, he was held in a jungle, but by himself. They demanded ransom, and he was held for about a week. He was injured badly on his leg, as he tried to escape on the third day. After about a week they hadn't gotten their demands and were contemplating killing him. he escaped the second he was left by himself. At that point they probly thought he couldn't, coz they did not feed him.

The difference here is the fact that this osagiede man was kept for ritual purposes. Whatever it is they were pouring on em is probly prescribed by their medicine man, to perhaps
boost or protect them in their robbery or kidnapping activities. So those tryna calculate fish n bread money need to chill. That's the investment by the kidnappers for fetish reasons. Its just like having dairy cows, you have to feed them properly everyday to get good quality milk from them.

2 Likes

Re: Kidnapped Micheal Osagiede Freed After 6 Years In The Jungle by emsquare(m): 7:02am On Apr 15, 2012
Sijo01: Omg! Dis is unbelivable.

Honestly!
Re: Kidnapped Micheal Osagiede Freed After 6 Years In The Jungle by eghost247(m): 7:04am On Apr 15, 2012
Sounds strange how can they keep someone for six years
Re: Kidnapped Micheal Osagiede Freed After 6 Years In The Jungle by tundesto(m): 7:07am On Apr 15, 2012
sweetcocoa: Sad as the story sounds and as tempted as i am to buy it and feel pity for the dude sad,I still don't believe it cheesy.

Many things just don't add up,he was in lagos and his friend called from Benin asking him to wait which he objected to cos he had a flight to catch,the same friend arrived "shortly" when he just left Zenith bank,left the bank to where na? (cos he never said he left to wait for the friend somewhere else) was he still "lefting" when the friend arrived?,if I'm correct from benin to lagos is about 3 hours journey or more(or did his friend come by air )

He was blindfolded for the journey but the blindfolds were removed at every checkpoint which will be up to atleast 4,yet he couldn't alert the officers on the road?shocked,okay maybe the sealed his mouth with "charms" too.

The kidnappers collected all the money some of them had in the world him included according to the story,now how is that possible without his family knowing about it?did he go and get the money for them himself or what?

It is as if you know what I'm to type now. The man's story can be likened to a coc.k and bull story.
Re: Kidnapped Micheal Osagiede Freed After 6 Years In The Jungle by Sirmikky1(m): 7:11am On Apr 15, 2012
Ninilowo: Tales by moolight! They call you from benin and u were in lagos; within minutes, they traced you out,(dem get navigator?) asked u to come in and u did not bother to ask where u were going eh? And alll these happened without them shooting to scare people? Which spot were u picked up on ur way to airport? Abi no bi our MMA here? Were u trekking to the airport ni? All routes leading to MMA na jungle? Abeg open to chapter 2 and tell beta story. No feed us we too sabi chop. ABEGIII.....

Miracle 1-They were about 13 people and close to 100 people were killed without him being touched.
Miracle 2-he gets blindfolded but anytime they approach a police check point,they'd remove it and he didn't call for help.
Can you live in a jungle where there's on access to basic amenities for 6years?
WEIRD!!!

3 Likes

Re: Kidnapped Micheal Osagiede Freed After 6 Years In The Jungle by Nobody: 7:24am On Apr 15, 2012
I saw this on vanguard yesterday i felt so disheartened. What a world filled with wicked people
Re: Kidnapped Micheal Osagiede Freed After 6 Years In The Jungle by ramalot(m): 7:28am On Apr 15, 2012
sweetcocoa: Sad as the story sounds and as tempted as i am to buy it and feel pity for the dude sad,I still don't believe it cheesy.

Obviously the story is not an in-depth one, and could have been written much better with a proper interview. You do not blow off a story simply coz of poor journalistic skills.

That said, it is obvious you have never been a dangerous situation before. You imagine it is as simple as "alert the officers" right? . .wrong.

People need to understand the level of post-traumatic stress an ordeal like this could level on an individual and his ability to coherently give account.

2 Likes

Re: Kidnapped Micheal Osagiede Freed After 6 Years In The Jungle by coolguy2002: 7:30am On Apr 15, 2012
so did the saw the kidnappers
Re: Kidnapped Micheal Osagiede Freed After 6 Years In The Jungle by ramalot(m): 7:31am On Apr 15, 2012
In-4MATIC:
Pooh, most of us don't appreciate the facts of the story only taking his skewed and warped version.
Go back to the story, what did the family say? He was a case of insanity
2. Did the family make a police report at the time of abduction? No. Why? Because they knew he went bonkers.
3. Look into the patients eyes what do u see? I see wanderlust and confusion. All signs of his many travels in his crazed state.
4. Its popular in his region for jealous enemies to afflict their friends and loved ones with such illness to prevent his further success. And it is usually through poisoned drink. You'll know the difference because the person doesn't go completely mad or snaps out of it from time to time. Av seen two similar cases all from that Benin region.

For someone tryna make his point on the appreciation of facts, you sir, have failed miserably.

There is no mention of him being insane as you have expressly misconstrued by not reading the story properly.
I bet this is where you get your "insanity" notion - "Infact, we chased him away because we thought he was insane and looking for where to go.”

What the above means is they(his brother & co.) initially did not recognize the individual that was brought to them (coz of his dramatically altered looks). Hence, the above statement. in other words, their first response was -this must be some random mad man tryna find a new home; before realizing it was indeed their long lost brother whom they thought was dead.
Re: Kidnapped Micheal Osagiede Freed After 6 Years In The Jungle by aieromon(m): 7:35am On Apr 15, 2012
Bread and Sardine,hmm?That's way better than some of the Nigerian prisons.d

1 Like

Re: Kidnapped Micheal Osagiede Freed After 6 Years In The Jungle by Nobody: 7:50am On Apr 15, 2012
tundewoods: I mean no offense to earlier posters but u must have been denied access of watching Tales by Moonlight to believe such a bogus story.

Its either that man is nut case lunatic to be living in some alice in wonderland trans for him to be claiming he was kidnapped for 6 years. Or Vanguard newspaper have employed a lunatic reporter.

Do u know the cost of buying sardine and bread everyday for 6 years...... I laugh in Bini Language.
Sardine now cost N140... Average Agege bread N60 ... That's N200 for break fast... If he eats once a day... (which is not possible for about 6 yrs)
That's a cost of N438,000 in total
So what's the motive of the kidnappers? To feed an American retunee.. Dem be OFN?
The man should say d truth he was deported from Sudan... Shame no gree am go home all this while... His only witness is a dead police officer.. Smart man

1 Like

Re: Kidnapped Micheal Osagiede Freed After 6 Years In The Jungle by maclatunji: 7:55am On Apr 15, 2012
Bread and sardines are the best foods that kidnappers can find. Obviously, the abductors have no time to cook and it will keep their captives alive long enough for them (abductors) to decide what to do with them (captives).

Obviously, some of us have not heard of missing people- not all of them are dead and some of those alive will never be able to return to their families- sad but true.
Re: Kidnapped Micheal Osagiede Freed After 6 Years In The Jungle by sweetcocoa(f): 7:57am On Apr 15, 2012
ramalot:

Obviously the story is not an in-depth one, and could have been written much better with a proper interview. You do not blow off a story simply coz of poor journalistic skills.

That said, it is obvious you have never been a dangerous situation before. You imagine it is as simple as "alert the officers" right? . .wrong.

People need to understand the level of post-traumatic stress an ordeal like this could level on an individual and his ability to coherently give account.
Okay agreed,the level of post traumatic stress can truly affect the ability to coherently give account,so i'll not bother about how his friend arrived lagos from benin "shortly"

Now tell me how possible it is that they could have taken all his money in this world without his folks being in the know or him leaving the jungle.

No i've not been in this degree of danger per say but don't tell me its that difficult to alert officers at check points,i'll only buy that if their vehicle was never stopped or even slowed down.

They ate only sardine and bread for six years?okay that's possible right? Let's assume he was kept for ritual purposes,how come it took them six years to realize he just wasn't gonna be used for reasons best known to them?

I know many things happen in this world but atleast it has to be realistic to a certain level na.

1 Like

Re: Kidnapped Micheal Osagiede Freed After 6 Years In The Jungle by procedure: 7:58am On Apr 15, 2012
I believe this story. I know a family friend daughter that has been kidnapped since 2006. 2010 she called to tell the parents she is okay. But obviously she was in distress we know she did not abscond or elope she was picked when coming home from school . I tell u this man was kidnapped because of envy lesson is watch what u tell people about ur self.
Re: Kidnapped Micheal Osagiede Freed After 6 Years In The Jungle by sweetcocoa(f): 8:02am On Apr 15, 2012
maclatunji: Bread and sardines are the best foods that kidnappers can find. Obviously, the abductors have no time to cook and it will keep their captives alive long enough for them (abductors) to decide what to do with them (captives).

Obviously, some of us have not heard of missing people- not all of them are dead and some of those alive will never be able to return to their families- sad but true.
Even you sef believe this crap?hmm.
Re: Kidnapped Micheal Osagiede Freed After 6 Years In The Jungle by ceejayluv(m): 8:02am On Apr 15, 2012
Y'all shouldn't forget that austrian dude that kept his daughter in a dungeon for Twenty-four fucking years. Shit happens!
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2008/04/28/austriaslave.html
Re: Kidnapped Micheal Osagiede Freed After 6 Years In The Jungle by mkmyers45(m): 8:04am On Apr 15, 2012
tundewoods: I mean no offense to earlier posters but u must have been denied access of watching Tales by Moonlight to believe such a bogus story.

Its either that man is nut case lunatic to be living in some alice in wonderland trans for him to be claiming he was kidnapped for 6 years. Or Vanguard newspaper have employed a lunatic reporter.

Do u know the cost of buying sardine and bread everyday for 6 years...... I laugh in Bini Language.
547,500 naira
Re: Kidnapped Micheal Osagiede Freed After 6 Years In The Jungle by sweetcocoa(f): 8:05am On Apr 15, 2012
procedure: I believe this story. I know a family friend daughter that has been kidnapped since 2006. 2010 she called to tell the parents she is okay. But obviously she was in distress we know she did not abscond or elope she was picked when coming home from school . I tell u this man was kidnapped because of envy lesson is watch what u tell people about ur self.
I don't get what you mean,he was kidnapped because of envy and they didn't kill him for six years?what did the kidnappers achieve?

Your family friend's daughter that is being held,pray tell what's her story?she just called to say she's okay and that's it?hmm.

1 Like

Re: Kidnapped Micheal Osagiede Freed After 6 Years In The Jungle by In4MATIC1: 8:09am On Apr 15, 2012
ramalot:

For someone tryna make his point on the appreciation of facts, you sir, have failed miserably.

There is no mention of him being insane as you have expressly misconstrued by not reading the story properly.
I bet this is where you get your "insanity" notion - "Infact, we chased him away because we thought he was insane and looking for where to go.”

What the above means is they(his brother & co.) initially did not recognize the individual that was brought to them (coz of his dramatically altered looks). Hence, the above statement. in other words, their first response was -this must be some random mad man tryna find a new home; before realizing it was indeed their long lost brother whom they thought was dead.

Thanks for stating the obvious but let me take you deeper.
Someone analysed the cost of feeding him for six years over half a million. Now after living with robbers/ritualists for six years one should be able to give their names (even if only first names) and descriptions.
2. If you study nigerias map there are no forests surrounded by water (or Lakes in the Benin area) except maybe d creeks of the Niger delta.
3. If you were a reporter trying to write a story for the weekend which will you report "MAD MAN COMES HOME AFTER 6 YEARS WANDERING" or "KIDNAPPEE RETURNS HOME AFTER 6 YEARS IN THE JUNGLE"?
Re: Kidnapped Micheal Osagiede Freed After 6 Years In The Jungle by sweetcocoa(f): 8:11am On Apr 15, 2012
ceejayluv: Y'all shouldn't forget that austrian dude that kept his daughter in a dungeon for Twenty-four fucking years. Shit happens!
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2008/04/28/austriaslave.html
How are the two stories related please?one is about sane criminal minded persons kidnapping people for whatever reasons known to them and the other is a madman who locked away his daughter for the purpose of sleeping with her.
Re: Kidnapped Micheal Osagiede Freed After 6 Years In The Jungle by mkpologwu(m): 8:15am On Apr 15, 2012
1. Why did d police kill d policeman that arranged d kidnapping cos he would ve been d only exhibit?
2. Why did Michael Osagiede leave US to come and drink in Benin?
3. Why did his family fail to consult TB Josh, and why TB josh sef no tell Nigerians?
4. Why did d story make d back page?
Re: Kidnapped Micheal Osagiede Freed After 6 Years In The Jungle by sweetcocoa(f): 8:16am On Apr 15, 2012
mkpologwu: 1. Why did d police kill d policeman that arranged d kidnapping cos he would ve been d only exhibit?
2. Why did Michael Osagiede leave US to come and drink in Benin?
3. Why did his family fail to consult TB Josh, and why TB josh sef no tell Nigerians?
4. Why did d story make d back page?
okay now this is just funny.grin grin grin
Re: Kidnapped Micheal Osagiede Freed After 6 Years In The Jungle by Musiwa: 8:25am On Apr 15, 2012

1 Like

Re: Kidnapped Micheal Osagiede Freed After 6 Years In The Jungle by In4MATIC1: 8:25am On Apr 15, 2012
At the end of the story, I couldn't tell if the so-called abductors were robbers, ritualists, kidnappers or the Red cross. Beats me
Re: Kidnapped Micheal Osagiede Freed After 6 Years In The Jungle by ceejayluv(m): 8:27am On Apr 15, 2012
sweetcocoa: How are the two stories related please?one is about sane criminal minded persons kidnapping people for whatever reasons known to them and the other is a madman who locked away his daughter for the purpose of sleeping with her.
are all criminals sane? I don't see sanity in killing or raping people after robbing them. Mind u, d austrian guy was regarded as a 'normal' family guy by his community. Twenty-four years!! Well, our ancestor slaves were treated worse than d 2 scenarios.
You're just being a Thomas.
Re: Kidnapped Micheal Osagiede Freed After 6 Years In The Jungle by senben(m): 8:27am On Apr 15, 2012
What a pathetic story hard to believe but very realistic, if U monitor foreign news U'll be aware of rebels keeping their victims for 4-10 years; this is just a similar case considering how remote some villages/communities could be. For those who don't belief just take a tour of some remote areas outside where U are used to then U'll see. And If U monitor the dailies U will see the story of a headless human body in Abuja yesterday.. Enough to tell Us the level of rituals Big men do to keep alife...GOD just keep Us all that we don't fall such victim.
Re: Kidnapped Micheal Osagiede Freed After 6 Years In The Jungle by Ninilowo(m): 8:30am On Apr 15, 2012
Cock and bull abi na cork and shoot. See the pix. The second one looks like an aged criminal.
Re: Kidnapped Micheal Osagiede Freed After 6 Years In The Jungle by bakila: 8:35am On Apr 15, 2012
tchaik: WTF!!!!
Sounds unbelievable, and quite strange. I am not so sure, but commonsense tells me that kidnapping is suppose to be profit oriented; then why keep someone for 6 yrs? What has the badt guyz to gain by keeping him for 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 good years? And no contact was made with his family!!
Absurd!!!! Smells fishy!!
No disrespect, but I think that either the fella aint telling the whole truth, or he is lying his head off.

Ok where was the man "chilling" all that while.
Re: Kidnapped Micheal Osagiede Freed After 6 Years In The Jungle by Nobody: 8:37am On Apr 15, 2012
@sweetcocoa and all
I don't understand you guys. Have the part where he said new faces where constantly coming to the hideout while some of the kidnappers also never returned? It made it difficult for him to be released too.The story seems incoherent and thats the fault of the journalist also. If you can believe the story about the austrian guy who kept his own daughter in his basement and got her pregnant several times, well, we have our own horror stories here in Nigeria. Enough said

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Have You Survived This Year? Inspire Others / Highest Number Of Posts In Nairaland? / Are The Young People Of Today Very Lazy And Materialistic?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.