Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,488 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

Aregbesola Is Positioning Himself As The Next Yoruba Leader - PDP Worried - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aregbesola Is Positioning Himself As The Next Yoruba Leader - PDP Worried (6416 Views)

BREAKING NEWS: Femi Fani Kayode Emerges The New Yoruba Leader(pix) / Jubilation In Osun As Aregbesola Is Declared Winner Today (Photos) / How A New Yoruba Leader Will Emerge, By Sijuwade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aregbesola Is Positioning Himself As The Next Yoruba Leader - PDP Worried by Gbawe: 3:10pm On Apr 15, 2012
Double post.
Re: Aregbesola Is Positioning Himself As The Next Yoruba Leader - PDP Worried by Gbawe: 3:10pm On Apr 15, 2012
Double post.
Re: Aregbesola Is Positioning Himself As The Next Yoruba Leader - PDP Worried by Gbawe: 3:13pm On Apr 15, 2012
reindeer: I have to give it to the Yorubas. Your case(s) have been well summarized and stated.
I'm not into tribalism but reading through these posts. They have it spot on and the people attacking them are just being mischievous and self delusional.
To be honest, if this integration thing succeeds, it will be a model for the whole country to follow.
That cannt be a bad thing, can it?
Anyone who loves Nigeria will champion the cause of true federalism.
I've been wondering about the whole fixation thing with the southwest and their governors in all the stories on this forum, methinks it's probably because they are active and achieving. One this is clear though, love them or hate them, there's one thing you can't do and that is ignore them.
Wish i could say that for other governors in the country presently.

Thank you my brother. It is a shame this forum has being taken over by cretins these day otherwise I will show , with facts, how and why the ACN Governors are better than their PDP counterparts. Alas, such topics no longer attracts comments on this forum. The guys who would appreciate such topics, and contribute effectively to produce interesting debates, are either gone or not interested in commenting here anymore. All that is left are semi-illiterate feudalists, clannish dullards and ethnic jingoists babbling incoherently and idiotically everywhere. I will admit I am also getting tired of coming here. Nonetheless, I will never tire of defending Yoruba folks and the SW against the sort of outrightly malicious attack we see constantly, against the duly elected leaders of the region, motivated by nothing but ethnic bigotry, clannish hatred, ignorance and the quest for revenge against percieved wrongdoing , from many decades ago, some folks will carry to their grave and even pass on to their children. People of that mindset are therefore like clay , to be moulded into anything, in the hands of a clueless, failing, hideously corrupt, divisive and hugely disappointing FG.

Like you conclude, why should anyone have a problem with regional integration and true federalism, in the face of a grossly inefficient federal structure, if not that some are very scared that the SW model is about to create a huge problem for the central 'oga pata-pata' system of profligacy crippling Nigeria? What is even more disappointing is that some who championed the notion of "true fedralism" and regions developing at their own pace yesteday now seem very comfortable with GEJ's allegiance to an unwieldy and unproductive central arrangement because of the notion that they must support their "brother".

I personally don't care about folks doing that , i.e supporting GEJ blindly and against what they agitated for yesterday, because I know power is transient. What I resent is the current witch-hunt determined to demonize the region that rejected the PDP totally and is ready to break away from 'begging bowl' dependency that sees States indolently relying on the FG for everything instead of seeking to control and accelerate their own development.

Some will shamefully mouth "parasite" against the SW but they should tell us which region and political Party believes, as core ideology, in true fiscal federalism, agressive increment in IGR, regional interdependence and cooperation, full and immediate privatisation of the power sector, State Police and many other ideas that , beyond mere lip service, can truly moves Nigerian States and regions towards the 'holy grail' of self-paced development.

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Is Positioning Himself As The Next Yoruba Leader - PDP Worried by Kilode1: 3:45pm On Apr 15, 2012
Gbawe: I personally don't care about folks doing that , i.e supporting GEJ blindly and against what they agitated for yesterday, because I know power is transient. What I resent is the current witch-hunt determined to demonize the region that rejected the PDP totally and is ready to break away from 'begging bowl' dependency that sees States indolently relying on the FG for everything instead of seeking to control and accelerate their own development.

Power is transient indeed.

But sadly, Kile to pa Osika, Ohun rere a ti baje.

Some will shamefully mouth "parasite" against the SW but they should tell us which region and political Party believes, as core ideology, in true fiscal federalism, agressive increment in IGR, regional interdependence and cooperation, State Police and many other ideas that , beyond mere lip service, truly moves Nigerian States and regions towards the 'holy grail' of self-paced development.

They are handicapped by their own complicity and can't act on those fundamental issues. Their benefactors, the owners of Nigeria, won't allow it.

But Gbawe, ACN needs to work harder too, especially in the House of Assembly. I know they are a minority and their resources pales in comparison with the ruling party. But we elected them to act as a true opposition in the HOA not just at state levels. We need more noise, more bills, more PR work on these fundamental issues from the ACN. We need them to build sensible alliances too.

We can't change PDP, but we must work at convincing more of our people that there are alternatives. They need to ramp up their call for these alternatives and get more people to understand why we need them. That is the burden they've carried as an opposition party and they must get busier with it.

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Is Positioning Himself As The Next Yoruba Leader - PDP Worried by Gbawe: 3:57pm On Apr 15, 2012
Kilode?!:

But Gbawe, ACN needs to work harder too, especially in the House of Assembly. I know they are a minority and their resources pales in comparison with the ruling party. But we elected them to act as a true opposition in the HOA not just at state levels. We need more noise, more bills, more PR work on these fundamental issues from the ACN. We need them to build sensible alliances too.

We can't change PDP, but we must work at convincing more of our people that there are alternatives. They need to ramp up their call for these alternatives and get more people to understand why we need them. That is the burden they've carried as an opposition party and they must get busier with it.

My brother, I agree. Nigerians will see differences in the next 12 months. I won't say more than that. There was a period of complacency everyone acknowledged but that is over now. 'Tangibles' must be delivered for a Party very aware it is still second fiddle in a nation where the ruling Party has virtually the executive, legislative and judicial arm under its control not to mention how our combined armed forces is at its disposal to use partisanly. The next best thing , to counter such overwhelming influence, is to get the people on your side by delivering for them. I am confident we will see that.

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Is Positioning Himself As The Next Yoruba Leader - PDP Worried by Tropilo(m): 4:09pm On Apr 15, 2012
Thought the body of this post is somewhat different from the heading. I must however observe that it appears the Yoruba are suffering a decline in leadership.

Pa AWOLOWO: an astute strategist and visioner.
Pa AJASIN: renowned educationist and a dogged fighter.
Pa ADESANYA: intelligent organiser, knows how to fight and retreat (but never runs away) to come back stronger.
Pa OBASANJO: can not be trusted. Has a good CV though.
TUNUBU: "kpolika", talku talku, lacks ability of extending handshake across region.
AREGBESOLA: loquacious ready thug.

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Is Positioning Himself As The Next Yoruba Leader - PDP Worried by Rakiai: 4:26pm On Apr 15, 2012
Not play play
Re: Aregbesola Is Positioning Himself As The Next Yoruba Leader - PDP Worried by edicolove: 4:47pm On Apr 15, 2012
If Aregbesola is the next Yoruba leader, hmmm, the region is finished. The guy can't even get a proper shave! Lol

I predicted a long time ago that there was going to be serious fight in ACN. I still stand by my word! Fashola will eventually go his own way and then gbam!

Just for the records. Please stop lying that the PDP was totally rejected in the south west. The last election was a close call in Oyo and Ogun. The figures show if PDP can unite, they will take back those 2 states. Ondo is firmly under LP lock and key. Ekiti will be a close call if PDP present fayose. Kwara and kogi are under PDP lock and key.

Only Lagos and Osun are sure and now Aregbe is blowing it. Hmmmm. The future looks bleak for ACN.

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Is Positioning Himself As The Next Yoruba Leader - PDP Worried by bakila: 7:41pm On Apr 15, 2012
pistol:

yoruba people need to step up their game.

Igbos are producing charismatic and progressive leaders like rochas and chime who can hoodwink the whole nation with their charisma while u guys are stuck with eggheads and crackheads like aregbesola.
Hondwink or Hoodwink. Chime has no chrisma to invite all Nigerians behind him. Okorocha is more like a hoodwinker still he cant get us hoodwink.

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Is Positioning Himself As The Next Yoruba Leader - PDP Worried by Ufeolorun(m): 8:26pm On Apr 15, 2012
Let him prove himself first with the power given to him by the Osun people then see how others whether muslumi or Christian file behind him.
I would prefer a performing thuggish Aregbesola to performing elitist Fashola any day to represent me.
@Gbawe,Kilode,Bakila n bebelo
We got to realize that most part of the country are/is very dry and barren when it comes to political gameplay,some states are just a chop I chop conveyor belt for their politicians, their population is so docile the governor could change the name of the state without consulting anyone lol. so the constant fixation with Yoruba politics should be expected. Yorubas have a society which allows sustainable political engagement unlike many other communities in our country.
The constantly nosy outsiders will continue chatting ignorantly.

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Is Positioning Himself As The Next Yoruba Leader - PDP Worried by aremuolusegun: 9:01pm On Apr 15, 2012
Aregbesola, d what?.u guys are funny
Re: Aregbesola Is Positioning Himself As The Next Yoruba Leader - PDP Worried by metrixserv: 9:36pm On Apr 15, 2012
he may be positioning himself to lead his community ILESHA but not yoruba,we will not accept such an exremest to lead us
Re: Aregbesola Is Positioning Himself As The Next Yoruba Leader - PDP Worried by glb2012: 9:54pm On Apr 15, 2012
Gbawe:

grin grin grin You know this 'airhead' very well.

@Topic. Certainly the FG will be very uncomfortable with Aregbesola's 'back to basics' endeavour. The man is passionate about his people and region. What is wrong with that in a country where the federal structure 'designed' to bring progress is actually a stumbling block preventing the development of all regions?

Certainly, regional integration remains perhaps the only viable way forward for Nigeria while we have a pseudo-federal system in place that is , in reality, an autocratic 'tool' facilitating the organised looting of the wealth of a Nation by a few. It is a measure of the hypocrisy and confusion of certain folks that they now rise against what they fervently backed yesterday because of how the President they clannishly supported is not interested in the things they previously claimed were the solutions to Nigeria's problems. Thse who mercilessly spammed Nairaland yesterday about SNC now find it 'conducive' to hypocritically support how GEJ has outlawed this option.

They shouted "true federalism" non-stop under Yar Adua and touted the concept of "regions developing at their own pace". Today they are silent about those issues because GEJ is a poster child of central control of Nigeria's wealth. He is a disciple of profligate administrative practices including discredited 'old school' wastage associated with the sort of bloated and inefficient governance that has no place in a modern world of prudence, utmost fiscal discipline and effective management of scarce resources. All in all, it is very obvious why the nest of killers PDP would be very uncomfortable with any leader touting genuine regional integration. "Business as usual" is threatened when Nigerians begin to have a strong sense of regional awareness, pride and identity.

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Is Positioning Himself As The Next Yoruba Leader - PDP Worried by HighChief4(m): 1:36am On Apr 16, 2012
It takes a rascal to lead rascals
Re: Aregbesola Is Positioning Himself As The Next Yoruba Leader - PDP Worried by lastpage: 2:10am On Apr 16, 2012
Gbawe:

My brother, I agree. Nigerians will see differences in the next 12 months. I won't say more than that. There was a period of complacency everyone acknowledged but that is over now. 'Tangibles' must be delivered for a Party very aware it is still second fiddle in a nation where the ruling Party has virtually the executive, legislative and judicial arm under its control not to mention how our combined armed forces is at its disposal to use partisanly. The next best thing , to counter such overwhelming influence, is to get the people on your side by delivering for them. I am confident we will see that.
Thank you Gbawe, on this!
I was just about to add that winning the S/West for keeps is no rocket science and does not even need all the 'wheeling and dealing" that "Kilode?" highlighted above;

Assuming elections are what they should be (i.e. where the vote of the people really decides "the winner" and we wont have shameful acts like Ballot-stuffing, bribery of INEC officials to falsify results and stuffs like that), it is a two way horse-fight: You either do what the people want and what benefits their lives (like Fashola did some tears back, in Lagos) ..and be massively voted into and retained in Power ...
.OR..
Keeping looting the treasury and acting like you own the country and the people (like most PDP Governors!) and get rejected at the Polls!
Its that simple, if the votes will be allowed to count.

Thus, l am of he opinion that what we need to really focus on and expend our energy on, is the building and strengthening of "political/electoral structures" that can ensure that the masses vote actually count at the ballot box.

Once we can guaranty the above, (for example, by tinkering and fine-tuning the electronic voting system such that it is nearing perfectness, reducing level of illiteracy amongst our people so that they can appreciate the value and power of their vote, reducing the level of "abject-poverty" which makes poor people mortgage their future "in-return" for a Bag of Rice. e.t.c) success at the polls by "good leaders" will be a forgone conclusion, no matter the amount of looted money they spend (people will just chop their money and clean mouth! grin ) to sway voter's opinion.

I will also like the A.C to sop acting like some "medieval aristocratic party" in that it should practice "true democracy" when it comes to the choice of party representatives. As long as it continues doing this "selection of in-laws, wives and sons" into elective positions, the people (electorates) are not "blindly loyal or stewpid" and will see this as an insult on their intelligence 'cos to say the truth, no one person is bigger than the majority or indispensable!
A "Balogun/General" is only as strong and fierce as long as the people are behind him!

The type of "Agbalabga Mafioso-Gangsterism" that characterized the last ACN-party primaries, leaves a sour taste in the mouth of genuine ACN lovers
and if not quickly checked and redressed, will certainly sound the death-knell of ACN in the S/West and may lead to a "sympathy or Protest vote" in favor of the PDP, which is ready and willing to capitalize on any slip-up from ACN, to capture the West
What happened to "the Clinton Political machine" during the American Democratic primaries (Hillary Clinton Vs. Obama), should be a lesson to such "God fathers"!

Just my take.

Lastpage!
Re: Aregbesola Is Positioning Himself As The Next Yoruba Leader - PDP Worried by abacus(m): 9:38am On Apr 16, 2012
pistol: Are the yoruba people that daft and clueless to take a slowpoke as their leader
Have they lost faith in their fashola.
A tribe on the cliff abt to fall off that have lost their wit around them
Where are you from? Like you don't have elders in your clan? or You have but don't respect them.
Re: Aregbesola Is Positioning Himself As The Next Yoruba Leader - PDP Worried by johnie: 10:07am On Apr 16, 2012
lastpage:
I will also like the A.C to sop acting like some "medieval aristocratic party" in that it should practice "true democracy" when it comes to the choice of party representatives. As long as it continues doing this "selection of in-laws, wives and sons" into elective positions, the people (electorates) are not "blindly loyal or stewpid" and will see this as an insult on their intelligence 'cos to say the truth, no one person is bigger than the majority or indispensable!
A "Balogun/General" is only as strong and fierce as long as the people are behind him!

The type of "Agbalabga Mafioso-Gangsterism" that characterized the last ACN-party primaries, leaves a sour taste in the mouth of genuine ACN lovers
and if not quickly checked and redressed, will certainly sound the death-knell of ACN in the S/West and may lead to a "sympathy or Protest vote" in favor of the PDP, which is ready and willing to capitalize on any slip-up from ACN, to capture the West
What happened to "the Clinton Political machine" during the American Democratic primaries (Hillary Clinton Vs. Obama), should be a lesson to such "God fathers"!

Just my take.

Lastpage!

GBAM!

Let those who have ears, hear!
Re: Aregbesola Is Positioning Himself As The Next Yoruba Leader - PDP Worried by Akanbiedu(m): 2:41pm On Apr 16, 2012
This is largely about 2015 presidential elections. I believe GEJ would run for a second term.

We all know where Osun went in 2011.
Re: Aregbesola Is Positioning Himself As The Next Yoruba Leader - PDP Worried by Murphy7h4: 1:26am On Jun 04, 2012
many thanks[img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]
Re: Aregbesola Is Positioning Himself As The Next Yoruba Leader - PDP Worried by Beaf: 1:31am On Jun 04, 2012
Akanbi_edu: This is largely about 2015 presidential elections. I believe GEJ would run for a second term.

We all know where Osun went in 2011.

LOLZZZZZZZ!!!
By 2015 Aregbesola will be in the zoo! grin
Re: Aregbesola Is Positioning Himself As The Next Yoruba Leader - PDP Worried by freshmoney(m): 11:17am On Jun 04, 2012
Beaf:

LOLZZZZZZZ!!!
By 2015 Aregbesola will be in the zoo! grin

And where would your 'evil maestro'- GEJ undecided be?

(1) (2) (Reply)

See Photos Of Aridolf Hotel Owned By Patience Jonathan In Bayelsa / Gov Ugwuanyi Directs Immediate Rebuilding Of Enugu Timber Shops Gutted By Fire / Breaking News: Buhari Seen At Port Harcourt (Igweocha) .Wonders!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.