Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,313 members, 7,822,541 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

Is It Possible To Hide Pregnancy From Family Members - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Is It Possible To Hide Pregnancy From Family Members (1809 Views)

Complaint- Why Was I Banned From Family Section? / Seun, Please Stop Ishilove From Closing This Thread To Hide Her Offense! / How To Hide Your IP Address When Browsing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Possible To Hide Pregnancy From Family Members by mooretes: 2:04am On Apr 15, 2012
Please help as Ive been raking my brain for the last 12 hours or more and seem to be loosing sleep over this issue as well. I love helping and advicing people, up to the point that im more or less like an agony aunt, however this seems beyond me. Someone told me this story yesterday and because I know the family, it kind of makes it hard for me to give my own 1cent. So here we go, hoping people would come up with different 'reasons', 'ideas' and probably profer a 'solution' to this issue.

So here we go,
Someone was telling me a story recently about a friend who we'l refer to as H, who has just put to bed a baby... praise God after having gone tru a series of miscarriage and loss of 2 babies. The problem is not as much of losing these babies, but we believe that she always has gestational diabetes and this is a problem if not detected or treated early, anyways, case was when she lost her first child, every one in her family was praying and hoping whenever she gets pregnant n delivers the baby would survive.
Now this is the thing
she got pregnant quite alright, however did not tell one member of the family.... then she had baby, baby dies.... member of family heard the story rallied around her... great... story was she was advised not to tell anyone abt the pregnancy,.... family members, though hurt kept praying that she wld put to bed one that wld eventually stay by his grace.

Fastforward this year.... all family members heard was she had a baby.... did the same thing again, never told family member she was pregnant. update: she already has a son it was later pregnancies that have been problematic
So tell me if you were the one, how would you feel?
is it right to possibly keep smthing of such from members of your family who are praying for you to succeed in life?
ive recently also just heard about how a pastor was telling a friend that her inlaws were planning on chasing her out of her husbands her because she hadnt had a child yet, however, the inlaws love the girl to death and wouldnt hurt her. Luckily the girl told her in laws n they assured her they werent throwing her out.

if you ever find yourself in this situation, would you keep mute or tell?
r we running our lives for one pastor or?
are we living for one alfa?
do we have our own minds? or do we believe or families are really diabolical and dont want the best for us?
Re: Is It Possible To Hide Pregnancy From Family Members by Odunnu: 2:15am On Apr 15, 2012
mooretes: Please help as Ive been raking my brain for the last 12 hours or more and seem to be loosing sleep over this issue as well. I love helping and advicing people, up to the point that im more or less like an agony aunt, however this seems beyond me. Someone told me this story yesterday and because I know the family, it kind of makes it hard for me to give my own 1cent. So here we go, hoping people would come up with different 'reasons', 'ideas' and probably profer a 'solution' to this issue.

So here we go,
Someone was telling me a story recently about a friend who we'l refer to as H, who has just put to bed a baby... praise God after having gone tru a series of miscarriage and lose of 2 babies. The problem is not as much of losing these babies, but we believe that she always has gestational diabetes and this is a problem if not detected or treated early, anyways, case was when she lost her first child, every one in her family was praying and hoping whenever she gets pregnant n delivers the baby would survive.
Now this is the thing
she got pregnant quite alright, however did not tell one member of the family.... then she had baby, baby dies.... member of family heard the story rallied around her... great... story was she was advised not to tell anyone abt the pregnancy,.... family members, though hurt kept praying that she wld put to bed one that wld eventually stay by his grace.

Fastforward this year.... all family members heard was she had a baby.... did the same thing again, never told family member she was pregnant.
So tell me if you were the one, how would you feel?
is it right to possibly keep smthing of such from members of your family who are praying for you to succeed in life?
ive recently also just heard about how a pastor was telling a friend that her inlaws were planning on chasing her out of her husbands her because she hadnt had a child yet, however, the inlaws love the girl to death and wouldnt hurt her. Luckily the girl told her in laws n they assured her they werent throwing her out.

if you ever find yourself in this situation, would you keep mute or tell?
r we running our lives for one pastor or?
are we living for one alfa?
do we have our own minds? or do we believe or families are really diabolical and dont want the best for us?
I must have missed so many English Comprehension classes, now its affecting me! Wth.
Re: Is It Possible To Hide Pregnancy From Family Members by ifyalways(f): 7:15am On Apr 15, 2012
^madam, long time no anya na amu?Uju amugo!nwanyi.

@OP, your thread title is quite different from the body. Anyways, I won't blame the woman so much for her act ie not informing everyone about the pregnancy. One thing I've come to accept about life is this; when it comes to people taking their own destinies in their hands, ask no questions, don't probe for reasons or they wear the shoe and know where it "sweets or hurts" more.

If I'm in her shoes, desperate to have a child and all that, I might do worse. You never can tell till it hits you.
Re: Is It Possible To Hide Pregnancy From Family Members by hunter121: 8:27am On Apr 15, 2012
Great site. A lot of useful information here. I’m sending it to some friends!

Re: Is It Possible To Hide Pregnancy From Family Members by mooretes: 9:48am On Apr 15, 2012
@ify, sorry didnt want to make this complicated or anything like that didnt even realise topic is misleading
however long n short of the story is lady in question never told anyone she was pregnant, all they heard was she had a baby
which was what she did when she had the previous the yr before... story behind it was pastor said not to tell anyone
Re: Is It Possible To Hide Pregnancy From Family Members by Odunnu: 11:12am On Apr 15, 2012
ifyalways: ^madam, long time no anya na amu?Uju amugo!nwanyi.

@OP, your thread title is quite different from the body. Anyways, I won't blame the woman so much for her act ie not informing everyone about the pregnancy. One thing I've come to accept about life is this; when it comes to people taking their own destinies in their hands, ask no questions, don't probe for reasons or they wear the shoe and know where it "sweets or hurts" more.

If I'm in her shoes, desperate to have a child and all that, I might do worse. You never can tell till it hits you.

Really? Wow! Thats pleasant news. Sweet sweet news. I'll need to see that girl one of these days, sey she still stays in Awka?
Re: Is It Possible To Hide Pregnancy From Family Members by ifyalways(f): 11:43pm On Apr 15, 2012
@Mooretes,OK.

Odunnu,yep,shes there live.
Re: Is It Possible To Hide Pregnancy From Family Members by Omofranca(f): 2:32pm On Apr 18, 2012
Witholding such info from family members is not necessarily because they are diabolical; let's face it, many will just spend their time gossiping about the lady and telling the whole neighbourhood without bothering to pray or doing anything concrete, so why tell them?

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Hide Pregnancy From Family Members by Truetalk(m): 3:18pm On Apr 18, 2012
Its indeed pathetic i found similar story here u'll find it interesting

http://www.schoolboymagazine..com
Re: Is It Possible To Hide Pregnancy From Family Members by mooretes: 1:16pm On Apr 24, 2012
@ omofranca,
the famiy members im talking about are her own siblings and parents, they are aware she has gestational diabetes and pray for her often
for me i always join ppl in prayer, i know someone who has had miscarriage for 5times main problem which was detected after 3rd miscarriage was she has rhesus factor, as a woman, me i never hear am before until she said it.. i was surprised to hear and read about it and its a shame she went tru this alone, she figured telling someone abt it would help her situation and ive gathered so much info and by telling someone who knew someone who also battled with it, we had passed on so much info that she was so plsd she told someone about it. Ive made it my own problem and i pray for her often, so i dont know y it was difficult to tell ur family who wouldnt wish u harm that u were pregnant.

im not watching secretly pregnant on home and health to help me understand reasons y people might not want to inform their family members that they are expecting.
thank God for his mercies sha becuase love covers a multitude of sin and its only your family that would love u no matter what

(1) (Reply)

Seven Ways People Exhibit Poverty Without Knowing! / Earn Bitcoin Hourly By Filling Captchas / Mushroom Risotto With Peas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.