Stats: 3,154,650 members, 7,823,841 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:19 PM

The Reason Nigeria Is Shackled: Igbos, Yorubas, Hausas, MB, Etc! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Reason Nigeria Is Shackled: Igbos, Yorubas, Hausas, MB, Etc! (1021 Views)

Leave North Within Two Weeks..Northern Youths Tell Igbos,Yorubas And South South / Igbos Are The Reason Nigeria Will Never Split - My Opinion / Boko-Haram Amnesty Failure: Igbos, Yorubas Flee Borno (2) (3) (4)

The Reason Nigeria Is Shackled: Igbos, Yorubas, Hausas, MB, Etc! by CyberG: 6:40am On Apr 15, 2012
It is not surprising Nigerians are dying while complaining, waiting for it to breakup, hoping God will do something to save the! Here is wisdom: you are all ruined if you still refuse to use your brains, God will not do anything he has given you power to do: VOTE for someone who at least has a record of achievement, competence and will fight CORRUPTION.

I don't know who the leading candidates will be for 2015 but news of Buhari as a possible contender surfaces and what is the initial reaction of NLanders, mostly Igbos and Yorubas?

1. Igbos have a perpetual axe to grind with everyone in Nigeria especially anything and anyone related to the civil war. Here are some responses from unthinking people who would rather be blown to shreds in violence while Ebelechukwu Retardeen Azikiwe does nothing but make more empty promises:

PointB:

certainly SW will not make mistake voting a man who frustrated Lagos metroline, nor will middlebelt forget the man who enthroned boko haram by his loud silence and other tacit support! We shall meet the old bigot at the poll nonetheless! OK, Buhari is GROSSLY INCOMPETENT! Nigerians know this, and that is why he has never won election in democratic era!

Jmaine:

Loving the chameleon "Babahari" already . . .So happy . .at least we get to have our frustrated power hungry old man on the floor again for our amusement. . .He is already finished . . cos . . .we shall give him an even more revolting stern reply at the polls as usual . . . .

OnlyLIES: General Buhari can run but two questions arise.

The first question is, WHERE IS HE RUNNING TO?
The Second question is, HOW FAST IS HE RUNNING?
lol. As for GEJ, he has ONLY this year to deliver at least ONE FULLY FUNCTIONAL INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT IN SOUTH EAST NIGERIA, else I might catch up with Buhari, no matter where he is running and how fast he is running. Political na wild animal.

Akpan107:

Sorry boy, your General is going to no where!!!! Last vote he got about 12. Something million votes, this time around, he cant get 6m votes.

Ignoblezone:

When will this criminal and his gang of over ambitious soldiers like IBB be brought to book for what they did to Nigeria?

Gbossforsure:

Waste of time and energy reading this stuff. Till then Mr General I promise you won't smell aso rock again in the name of been president. A religious fagot can't rule dis nation. This country is too big for him. Nigerians are too informed to vote for a boko haram sponsors who has killed thousands just because he and his so called north lost in the last election. Aboki man dosent know that. Aboki remains aboki no mata what or how learned

Finally, SAM IKENNA fleshed out more of the axe Ibos have against competent leadership if it comes in the mould of Buhari. Hear him:
[b]
...Finally, Buhari, you have a beef with people from the East as well as West. In the East your sins are that you locked Ekwueme while Shagari was very much a fre man. Also, Easterners believed you chased Your brother, Shagari, out because Ekwueme was close to clinching the presidency and that didnt go down well with you. I dont know all the beefs you have with people from the West but the little I know is that you derailed Lagos metro. In the nutshell, you need to debunk all those allegations or own them and appologize. I think If you can come down from that high horse of sainthood and say once and for all that you treated some sections in not so smart way, you'll win many hearts. Many people love you because you're not as corrupt as other leaders we've had but you need to realize you hit some people below the belt when you were in power and sometimes some blows can be personal.

Come down and talk to other people(embrace others - not everyone is Fulani), explain to them what happened during your first reign, and make amends where neccesary. Do that and see how you'll warm your way up to the hearts of many Nigerians. You're one of the few Nigerian leaders that people still have soft spot for and you need to seek out those hearts. Your work is cut out for you - the problem is - are you willing to do it? Or is it going to be like 2011 election again? 2011 election was a defining momment in your political life yet you refused to canvass for votes in the East - Need I say how the East repaid you? Be smart this time if you really want the presidency, making or relying on deals from party heads/chiefs is not the only fight - go talk to regular people.

While he at least gave reasons why Ibos would not let any kind of progressive leadership other than the retarded one from Ebelechukwu Azikiwe, he does not blame him for Boko Haram. The retarded vegetable president with all the instrument of state has remained a lame duck for ever and he deserves no blame in the mind of most Ibos but Buhari is responsible. Okay, assuming he is responsible, why as the retarded president and his security agencies haven't had him arrested and charged before a competent court?

Oh, I see why: All Nigerians should be worried so much about BH and feeding themselves, they would have no time to even think of his failed leadership and when you do, he has people to blame: Buhari, IBB, Ciroma, Atiku, Aregbesola, etc while he eats $1 B worth of food. My question is: Is it not better to free yourself now from retarded "Southern" leadership or must you cut off your nose to spite your face o FOOLISH Nigerians - tribalistic Igbos, Yoruba, MB, SS, everybody? If Jonathan Goatlock remains there with his incompetence, I hope you all reap the reward of your stupidity when his incompetence allows BH send you down to the pit before your time! For me, I got multiple passports but I still love that goddamned country but must you kill everyone and bring the entire country to ruin with your stupid tribalistic votes and bitterness of over the loss of a war you were not alive to see??

[/b]
Re: The Reason Nigeria Is Shackled: Igbos, Yorubas, Hausas, MB, Etc! by Callotti: 9:10am On Apr 15, 2012
Absolutely correct.
No problem. Their noise-making ends on the NL where they are remotely significant.
Great entertainment.
It is free therapy for passive-aggressive psychotic disorders! lol cheesy

Oh, I see why: All Nigerians should be worried so much about BH and feeding themselves, they would have no time to even think of his failed leadership and when you do, he has people to blame: Buhari, IBB, Ciroma, Atiku, Aregbesola, etc while he eats $1 B worth of food. My question is: Is it not better to free yourself now from slow "Southern" leadership or must you cut off your nose to spite your face o FOOLISH Nigerians - tribalistic Igbos, Yoruba, MB, SS, everybody? If Jonathan Goatlock remains there with his incompetence, I hope you all reap the reward of your stupidity when his incompetence allows BH send you down to the pit before your time! For me, I got multiple passports but I still love that goddamned country but must you kill everyone and bring the entire country to ruin with your silly tribalistic votes and bitterness of over the loss of a war you were not alive to see??

Finito! Gbosa-Gbosa to infinity! cool
Re: The Reason Nigeria Is Shackled: Igbos, Yorubas, Hausas, MB, Etc! by SamIkenna: 4:29pm On Apr 15, 2012
CyberG, I see you have a burning passion for Nigeria and I like that, but your desire and passion, no matter how great, ended up scapegoating one section, Igbos, and that is whats unsettling for me. Our people say that a wise man does not bring red pepper to an eye clinic - meaning that one should not bring trouble to a reconcilliation meeting. If you want to find solutions, healing, and peace then dont let your actions ruin your objective. This thread is your eye clinic and you brought the red pepper yourself, not me. But on the flipside I believe you're smart enough to cleanse the clinic of the hot chilli so I'll take a bow and let you do your thing.

Below is my complete post on Buhari + a convo with Demdem, enjoy fellas.

Sam_Ikenna: There is no doubt Buhari is one of the least corrupt Nigerian leaders since independence, however, to deny that hes not heavy with some bagage is plain silly. Buhari has a polarising presence, whether imaginary or real, that has stuck with him for, perhaps, his lifetime.

I feel the man sha, but what can my feelings do for him - nothing. I think for him to make any political progress he needs to re-learn the political game - make friends from the East-West to North. Campaign for votes from every clan and hamlet, get down to that man on the other side that suspects your steps, if you must smile - smile, if its tearing up before men and women - do it, after all Hillary did it in New Hampshire and she almost derailed Obama.

Finally, Buhari, you have a beef with people from the East as well as West. In the East your sins are that you locked Ekwueme while Shagari was very much a free man. Also, Easterners believed you chased Your brother, Shagari, out because Ekwueme was close to clinching the presidency and that didnt go down well with you. I dont know all the beefs you have with people from the West but the little I know is that you derailed Lagos metro. In the nutshell, you need to debunk all those allegations or own them and appologize. I think If you can come down from that high horse of sainthood and say once and for all that you treated some sections in not so smart way, you'll win many hearts. Many people love you because you're not as corrupt as other leaders we've had but you need to realize you hit some people below the belt when you were in power and sometimes some blows can be personal.

Come down and talk to other people(embrace others - not everyone is Fulani), explain to them what happened during your first reign, and make amends where neccesary. Do that and see how you'll warm your way up to the hearts of many Nigerians. You're one of the few Nigerian leaders that people still have soft spot for and you need to seek out those hearts. Your work is cut out for you - the problem is - are you willing to do it? Or is it going to be like 2011 election again? 2011 election was a defining momment in your political life yet you refused to canvass for votes in the East - Need I say how the East repaid you? Be smart this time if you really want the presidency, making or relying on deals from party heads/chiefs is not the only fight - go talk to regular people.

Demdem: ^^^

No on has ever claim Buhari is a saint. No doubt he has faults just like any human however considering the mess we find ourselves today as a nation we all want someone that will deliver. i repect those views u expressed up there but arent weighty enough to nullify him. If the retardeen that never had any political achievement became President so what could have been Buhari's offence 2015 is still far and am not even sure if he will be the man i will support then because of some factors because i envisaged more candidates will show interest however GEJ is a no-no.
Nigerians have never in our history witness so much death during peace time except for this government and most of this is because of his daftness.

Sam_Ikenna:

Those views shouldn't nullify him - yes, you're right. However, in Nigeria, myth or perception is usually very difficult to kill. Once you're tagged in this nation with something, you're tagged, its almost impossible to wriggle out of it. Buhari is tagged with those things I mentioned in my previous post and its his job to realize it and find ways to debunk and wriggle out of them, failure to do that means dejavu all oll over. This is not about whether hes better than GEJ or JEG, its that hes heavy with some doodoo and he needs to fight harder than his counterparts. I feel sorry for him in a way but at the same time he needs to reinvent himself in a manner that'll appeal to Nigerian electorates from deep south to far north.

If he doesnt know what to say or how to craft a new image for himself there are people that can help him. Winning should be his goal, hes not getting any younger.
Re: The Reason Nigeria Is Shackled: Igbos, Yorubas, Hausas, MB, Etc! by OrniEbira: 4:33pm On Apr 15, 2012
I like this Sam of man. Very mature.
Re: The Reason Nigeria Is Shackled: Igbos, Yorubas, Hausas, MB, Etc! by Afam4eva(m): 4:47pm On Apr 15, 2012
Anybody who takes this cyberG of a dude seriously is only sharing in the ignorance and bigotry that he possesses. Notice how he made it look like he wanted to castigate Igbos and Yorubas but just posted comments by Igbos alone. he also forgot to post positive comments of Igbos like myself who dished out kind words to Buhari's 2015 emancipation.
Re: The Reason Nigeria Is Shackled: Igbos, Yorubas, Hausas, MB, Etc! by CyberG: 1:00am On Apr 16, 2012
@Sam, I will address a short reply because of my perception of you as a moderate NLander - we all have passions that drive us and that is okay!

Citing your post was more of a compliment because you actually made concrete statements not just heap out blanket abuses, insults and insinuation about your feeling - which to a large extent is what a lot of Igbos wish to communicate but rather they would tribally insult. Contrary to your opinion, I am not scapegoating the Ibos - you have no idea of where I am from, where I have lived, or anything about me. The original post I was quoting from, had majority of the tribally slanted abuses from the people I quoted who happen to be mostly Ibos and an ID that appears to be from the SS. It is evident that the problems of Nigeria is the fault every one, there is no part that is a saint but on NL, the two who are always in an "e-fight" are the Ibos and Yorubas. Again, that thread at the time I cited the posts, had mostly terrible comments from these usual tribalists and if there were not any from other tribes, it was because they were not there or dominant or strongly worded to warrant my attention. One more thing, except for the ID Akpan, all the others are known tribalists and that is why you see the likes of Afam4eva already spoiling for a fight he has always lost.

Now, to more general issues. I am confident that I have listed names of people who are obviously Igbos, Yorubas as tribalists in the past. It was a long list and that is here on NLand and I go not by the names but by their established reputation of the IDs. In a recent post, Panzieza (another budding tribalist) lashed out at me for brief comments I made after an Igbo politician championed ethnicity as the basis for the next president. He said GJ should hand over to the Igbos because Ironsi's regime was brief, etc and before I made my comments on how Presidency should not be a "tribe" thing, I gave an history of how Ironsi's regime was short and mirred in violence. That history is well known on NL and there are people who know WAY more than I know about the details but because I mentioned this, some would think it was tribal which it clearly is NOT.

Afam4eva, you know you are a joke saying nice words about Buhari, are you kidding yourself? You are a consummate tribalist, racist KKK trying to BS whoever doesn't know you here! There is hardly any day you do not cuss out the northerners, the westerners, the smaller groups or anyone who doesn't share your tribal world view. Saying you made nice comments is akin to a snake saying: "I saved some chicken eggs from being stolen and eaten today".
Re: The Reason Nigeria Is Shackled: Igbos, Yorubas, Hausas, MB, Etc! by aljharem(m): 2:08am On Apr 16, 2012
CyberG:
Afam4eva, you know you are a joke saying nice words about Buhari, are you kidding yourself? You are a consummate tribalist, racist KKK trying to BS whoever doesn't know you here! There is hardly any day you do not cuss out the northerners, the westerners, the smaller groups or anyone who doesn't share your tribal world view. Saying you made nice comments is akin to a snake saying: "I saved some chicken eggs from being stolen and eaten today".

Very correct. Imagine someone that lives and breathes with lagosians but comes online to spew out trash against them. truly amazing
Re: The Reason Nigeria Is Shackled: Igbos, Yorubas, Hausas, MB, Etc! by SamIkenna: 4:53am On Apr 16, 2012
CyberG: @Sam, I will address a short reply because of my perception of you as a moderate NLander - we all have passions that drive us and that is okay!

Citing your post was more of a compliment because you actually made concrete statements not just heap out blanket abuses, insults and insinuation about your feeling - which to a large extent is what a lot of Igbos wish to communicate but rather they would tribally insult. Contrary to your opinion, I am not scapegoating the Ibos - you have no idea of where I am from, where I have lived, or anything about me. The original post I was quoting from, had majority of the tribally slanted abuses from the people I quoted who happen to be mostly Ibos and an ID that appears to be from the SS. It is evident that the problems of Nigeria is the fault every one, there is no part that is a saint but on NL, the two who are always in an "e-fight" are the Ibos and Yorubas. Again, that thread at the time I cited the posts, had mostly terrible comments from these usual tribalists and if there were not any from other tribes, it was because they were not there or dominant or strongly worded to warrant my attention. One more thing, except for the ID Akpan, all the others are known tribalists and that is why you see the likes of Afam4eva already spoiling for a fight he has always lost.

Now, to more general issues. I am confident that I have listed names of people who are obviously Igbos, Yorubas as tribalists in the past. It was a long list and that is here on NLand and I go not by the names but by their established reputation of the IDs. In a recent post, Panzieza (another budding tribalist) lashed out at me for brief comments I made after an Igbo politician championed ethnicity as the basis for the next president. He said GJ should hand over to the Igbos because Ironsi's regime was brief, etc and before I made my comments on how Presidency should not be a "tribe" thing, I gave an history of how Ironsi's regime was short and mirred in violence. That history is well known on NL and there are people who know WAY more than I know about the details but because I mentioned this, some would think it was tribal which it clearly is NOT.

Its fine that you tried to squash it by explaining a little bit more. I know it might sound untrue but I really dislike talking about ethnicities and other BS that come with it. Sometimes I'm shocked that I come here only to end up defending my people's stuff, but thats life - you stay long in hell you see the devil, thats what NL is. My only hope is that we dont throw away the humanity in us just because of our divergent opinions on Nigeria.

Anyway, let me say a bit about Buhari issue before I log off. Buhari is very close to Aso Rock yet very far from it. Hes the only person stopping himself from being the president. A good general should know when to change strategy, for Buhari to win he needs to make friends across the board. Nigeria doesnt end in Kano and lagos, it extends to the creeks of Bayelsa and arid lands of the north, it extends from the evergreens of Obudu to the old slave towns of Badagry. The people living in those extremes of Nigeria are ready to welcome and listen to him but the question is - is he ready to go there? The political fight of today is changing, people are speaking and they're being heard gradually.

I feel bad for him because hes one of the least thieving generals and politicians left. I know I'm not really a big fan of Buhari but I have tremendous respect for him for not being a thief like others before and after him. Even though I dont belong to his camp, I'll be ready and willing to give him a try if he can at least re-invent himself and show some seriousness by campaigning everywhere. Its either hes dismissive of other people who are not in the north or he thinks we dont vote. If OBJ can win votes in the East then Buhari can win even more, its like hes given up or something. Hes very close yet too far, sometimes I wonder how he ended up as an unserious contender when IBB and Atiku, known thieves, are pulling weights.
Re: The Reason Nigeria Is Shackled: Igbos, Yorubas, Hausas, MB, Etc! by Onlytruth(m): 6:16am On Apr 16, 2012
Cyberg is a known internet hate-filled re-tard, and a man deeply troubled by fear of Igbo people. The man seethes with anger anytime he reads from Igbo posters (especially honest and intelligent ones), and would rather that they disappear from Nairaland with his one fell swoop wish. sad Unfortunately for him, Ndigbo are MAJOR stakeholders in the Nigerian nation; part of why Nigeria lie comatose is because hateful people like Cyberg in strategic positions made sure that these major stakeholders are kept away from positions of responsibility in Nigeria. Such people will surely bite the dust when nature completes its sure cycle with Nigeria.

I'm happy that all smart posters here can EASILY see through his monstrous hate mongering, and open duplicity whenever he starts to feign love for Nigeria. The man is arguably the most hateful tribalistic Yoruba on this forum.
Let him continue to deceive himself and whoever is of low IQ. lol
Re: The Reason Nigeria Is Shackled: Igbos, Yorubas, Hausas, MB, Etc! by jason123: 6:22am On Apr 16, 2012
Onlytruth: Cyberg is a known internet hate-filled re-tard, and a man deeply troubled by fear of Igbo people. The man seethes with anger anytime he reads from Igbo posters (especially honest and intelligent ones), and would rather that they disappear from Nairaland with his one fell swoop wish. sad Unfortunately for him, Ndigbo are MAJOR stakeholders in the Nigerian nation; part of why Nigeria lie comatose is because hateful people like Cyberg in strategic positions made sure that these major stakeholders are kept away from positions of responsibility in Nigeria. Such people will surely bite the dust when nature completes its sure cycle with Nigeria.

I'm happy that all smart posters here can EASILY see through his monstrous hate mongering, and open duplicity whenever he starts to feign love for Nigeria. The man is arguably the most hateful tribalistic Yoruba on this forum.
Let him continue to deceive himself and whoever is of low IQ. lol

SHUT THE F.U.CK UP!

You, Eze, did you not say that if an Igbo man and Yoruba man should apply for a job, that no matter the qualification of the Yoruba man, the Igbo man will get the job?

You are now here calling him a tribalist! Fuc.king Eze! grin Nonsense!
Re: The Reason Nigeria Is Shackled: Igbos, Yorubas, Hausas, MB, Etc! by Yeske2(m): 7:36am On Apr 16, 2012
@CyberG, you started well but while i was trying to settle down to enjoy your write-up, you spoilt it with anti-igbo sentiments. Does it make sense to you really?
Re: The Reason Nigeria Is Shackled: Igbos, Yorubas, Hausas, MB, Etc! by spade: 8:18am On Apr 16, 2012
This CyberG guy is clearly a knucklehead with an Igbo obsession.
First of all, you think all those names you mentioned are Igbo? Cuz I can see Jmaine (Ekiti-Efik), Akpan (CLEARLY Ibibio-Efik), but as the narrow-minded dumb-arse niggah you are, you've foolishly grouped them all as Igbo.

Secondly, weren't you id!ots the SAME people who, prior to the election, said the Igbo votes wouldn't matter or count as long as it was already a done deal Buhari would win in the entire North and South West? LOL!!! grin Tell me, who got disgraced in the end? And after that, biko tell me, why una eye still dey PRY for Igbo issues like scavengers and hungry jackals? Why should where we cast our own votes give you nightmares?
Trust me, I did not vote for Goodluck Jonathan, but you're a bigger id!ot and a hypocrite to come here and try to give the impression that Igbo people were the only ones who refused to vote Buhari. Cos as I remember, Buhari even failed woefully in the North Central, or are you now too amnesic to remember? And don't even get me started on the slimy, crooked, treacherous bastaaards in the South West, who, even after smiling through their teeth, making all the noise in the world about BB, and promising to help the 'two honest men', still turned around to stab him in the back in the most gruesome manner, at a time he needed them most! So much for principles. So much for honesty.

In that regard, since you have a lot of time in your hands this morning, Could you kindly tell how the F.U-C.K Goodluck Jonathan THOROUGHLY swept the 'politically honest' South West to such a point Buhari already lost even before the results were fully collated the next day?
Go on. Be a man and explain it to us.
I'm waiting.

Ibori Turns ‘born Again’ In London Prison / President Goodluck Jonathan, Barrister Adeleke And The Nigerian Police / Update On Yobe Attack: Boko Haram Attempting To Take Yobe Government House.

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80