Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,040 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

Is The Punishment Justified? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The Punishment Justified? (1587 Views)

My Pastor Justified Taking Another Wife With Scripture, Is He Right? / OMG! The Punishment For Reading A Bible In Saudi Arabia(viewers Discretion ) / The Bible Justified It That A Women Can Go To Church With Her Hair Uncovered! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Punishment Justified? by mkmyers45(m): 8:38am On Apr 15, 2012
Where is the justice in punishing
us for Adam's sin? If the bible
itself says that children will not be punished for the parents' sins (Deut. 24:16). Furthermore, if God really created Adam not knowing either good or evil (Gen 3:22), how could such a harsh and enduring punishment as death for Adam and all his descendants possibly be just?
Re: Is The Punishment Justified? by Callotti: 8:47am On Apr 15, 2012
Did you not hear that Adam deviated from God's plan?
While God was sleeping at the wheel Adam and Eve where busy having a sweeeeeeeeeet orgy with a serpent and an apple.
Freeeeeeeeeeeeeeaky! grin
Re: Is The Punishment Justified? by Image123(m): 11:18am On Apr 15, 2012
Like the thief on the cross, like Adam and Eve, many never admit their guilt. They never deserve judgement, they may never get mercy.
Re: Is The Punishment Justified? by mkmyers45(m): 11:32am On Apr 15, 2012
Image123: Like the thief on the cross, like Adam and Eve, many never admit their guilt. They never deserve judgement, they may never get mercy.
is it justified to punish someone who dosent know good from evil? How did he know he had to admit?
Re: Is The Punishment Justified? by Callotti: 11:33am On Apr 15, 2012
Fancy being punished for being made in his own image and likeness.
Jehovah. . .Nna? E di kwa AWERRI-SOME! grin

After being cursed with punishment. . .you are also expected to beg for mercy.
Mu he he he he he

DOUBLE JEOPARDY!!!!
Re: Is The Punishment Justified? by mkmyers45(m): 11:38am On Apr 15, 2012
Callotti: Fancy being punished for being made in his own image and likeness.
Jehovah. . .Nna? E di kwa AWERRI-SOME! grin

After being cursed with punishment. . .you are also expected to beg for mercy.
Mu he he he he he

DOUBLE JEOPARDY!!!!
lol @ begging for mercy
Re: Is The Punishment Justified? by Callotti: 11:41am On Apr 15, 2012
mkmyers45: lol @ begging for mercy

Imagine being sentenced to death and begging for mercy from your killer?
Especially when the lethal injection don cause paralysis finish.
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!!!

God is still gonna kill ya arzzze. So wetin Adam wan beg for again?
Better afterlife? Spiritual 419!
kei!!! LWKMD!!!!
Re: Is The Punishment Justified? by Image123(m): 11:42am On Apr 15, 2012
mkmyers45: is it justified to punish someone who dosent know good from evil? How did he know he had to admit?
The Bible does not say that He didn't know good from evil. What it says that He was not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. There was a tree of life in that garden that He didn't eat from. But we definitely can't say that He didn't have life in the sense we know it.
Re: Is The Punishment Justified? by Callotti: 11:44am On Apr 15, 2012
Image123:
The Bible does not say that He didn't know good from evil. What it says that He was not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. There was a tree of life in that garden that He didn't eat from. But we definitely can't say that He didn't have life in the sense we know it.

See how hard it is to leave NL. . .e come be not to chop forbidden fruit.
Mu he he he he he he
What was so wrong with the tree of knowledge?
Dat your God na real Sadist I tellya!
Oya, make im inherit im stoopidity without complaining o!
He suppose punish Lucifer first. Wetin im dey wait for?
Shiooooooooooooooor!!!!!
Re: Is The Punishment Justified? by Image123(m): 11:47am On Apr 15, 2012
^ask Adam when you see him.
Re: Is The Punishment Justified? by mkmyers45(m): 11:48am On Apr 15, 2012
Image123:
22And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever. what does this place mean? Its simply showing that before the man didnt knw good and evil before he ate.
Re: Is The Punishment Justified? by Callotti: 11:49am On Apr 15, 2012
Image123: ^ask Adam when you see him.

My own Adam can't wait to chop my apple for communion this morning.
Siddon for dia! grin
Re: Is The Punishment Justified? by mkmyers45(m): 11:50am On Apr 15, 2012
Callotti:

My own Adam can't wait to chop my apple for communion this morning.
Siddon for dia! grin
stop putting ideas into my head.. grin
Re: Is The Punishment Justified? by Image123(m): 12:22pm On Apr 15, 2012
mkmyers45: 22And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever. what does this place mean? Its simply showing that before the man didnt knw good and evil before he ate.
'good and evil' is not implied in the general sense of not knowing what to do. Before Adam ate of the tree, he was in the image of God. The finest and most brilliant of all creation. He was not living like a zombie not knowing the difference between sand and food. He had capacity to name all animals, He could obviously differentiate and distinguish. There was a search made for a wife. If he had no knowledge in the sense you speak of, he could not choose a wife. He had some sense to successfully manage an Eden, something a thousand phds would struggle to do in our days, even with a lot of money at their disposal. What is meant in the verse you quoted is a principle. He was now to live unfortunately under a continual principle of good and evil, instead of life as God planned. It's actually a statement made in pity when you(with the help of scholars) study the original rendering. It has been rendered/translated more like an irony/sarcasm. That's what the devil promised/deceived, you'll be like God.
Re: Is The Punishment Justified? by Callotti: 12:40pm On Apr 15, 2012
mkmyers45: stop putting ideas into my head.. grin

That was A TREAT TO FANTASY ISLAND for the sexually-frustrated Christians. . . not you! cheesy
I hope he survives it. No telling how long it has been for him. The way he has been jumping all over my profile pic!
Mu he he he he he
Re: Is The Punishment Justified? by Ehinafe: 2:33pm On Apr 15, 2012
Callotti: Did you not hear that Adam deviated from God's plan?
While God was sleeping at the wheel Adam and Eve where busy having a sweeeeeeeeeet orgy with a serpent and an apple.
Freeeeeeeeeeeeeeaky! grin

Do you know why God was annoyed? With the act of disobedience that made our 1st parent to be evicted from the Garden of Eden, life has never been the same again. God's original plan was for man to live in paradise on this planet earth. The earth is being used as laboratory, but satan thwarted this beautiful by lying to Eve.
Serpent was not originally a creeping creature, but was made so after the orgy incident in the Garden of Eden, the presence of God. If you read the book of Genesis chapter 1 through 4, you will understand how the Serpent got seed for himself. Sex for pleasure. When Adam and Eve realised that they were naked, God gave them clothes by making the first blood sacrifice through the slaugthering of 2 lambs and used the skin to clothe the
Re: Is The Punishment Justified? by Image123(m): 4:10pm On Apr 15, 2012
The sin at Eden had nothing to do with s.ex. This keeps repeating itself without getting corrected. i wonder why sinners don't usually read the genesis 3 literally but read other scriptures literally to mock. Hypocrites.
Re: Is The Punishment Justified? by Ehinafe: 4:38pm On Apr 15, 2012
Image123: The sin at Eden had nothing to do with s.ex. This keeps repeating itself without getting corrected. i wonder why sinners don't usually read the genesis 3 literally but read other scriptures literally to mock. Hypocrites.

Image123, I wonder when you started reading the Word of God literarily. You should ask the Holy Spirit to give you revelation of the truth in His Word. This is the only way the mystery in the word of God can be unlock in your heart. All Scriptures is inspired and God is not mocked.
Re: Is The Punishment Justified? by mkmyers45(m): 4:45pm On Apr 15, 2012
Image123:
'good and evil' is not implied in the general sense of not knowing what to do. Before Adam ate of the tree, he was in the image of God. The finest and most brilliant of all creation. He was not living like a zombie not knowing the difference between sand and food. He had capacity to name all animals, He could obviously differentiate and distinguish. There was a search made for a wife. If he had no knowledge in the sense you speak of, he could not choose a wife. He had some sense to successfully manage an Eden, something a thousand phds would struggle to do in our days, even with a lot of money at their disposal. What is meant in the verse you quoted is a principle. He was now to live unfortunately under a continual principle of good and evil, instead of life as God planned. It's actually a statement made in pity when you(with the help of scholars) study the original rendering. It has been rendered/translated more like an irony/sarcasm. That's what the devil promised/deceived, you'll be like God.
he didnt choose a wife but he had a woman forced on him. So the translation shouldnt be taken seriously? So what would eating the tree of life have meant?
Re: Is The Punishment Justified? by mkmyers45(m): 4:46pm On Apr 15, 2012
Callotti:

That was A TREAT TO FANTASY ISLAND for the sexually-frustrated Christians. . . not you! cheesy
I hope he survives it. No telling how long it has been for him. The way he has been jumping all over my profile pic!
Mu he he he he he
Mu he he he he grin
Re: Is The Punishment Justified? by mkmyers45(m): 4:50pm On Apr 15, 2012
Image123: The sin at Eden had nothing to do with s.ex. This keeps repeating itself without getting corrected. i wonder why sinners don't usually read the genesis 3 literally but read other scriptures literally to mock. Hypocrites.
How then should they read it? What of genesis 6 and 7 were every animal on all the whole continents were stuffed into an ark the size of a football field?
Re: Is The Punishment Justified? by buzugee(m): 6:47pm On Apr 15, 2012
mkmyers45: Where is the justice in punishing
us for Adam's sin? If the bible
itself says that children will not be punished for the parents' sins (Deut. 24:16). Furthermore, if God really created Adam not knowing either good or evil (Gen 3:22), how could such a harsh and enduring punishment as death for Adam and all his descendants possibly be just?
you know you shouldnt take the bible literally right ? some of these scenarios are symbolic and allegorical. Adam, while it represents a man in the bible, is actually a nation of people. just like if the bible says esau, it is refering to a nation of people (white people) and when it says jacob, it is refering to a nation of people (israelites or black people )
Re: Is The Punishment Justified? by mkmyers45(m): 6:57pm On Apr 15, 2012
buzugee: you know you shouldnt take the bible literally right ? some of these scenarios are symbolic and allegorical. Adam, while it represents a man in the bible, is actually a nation of people. just like if the bible says esau, it is refering to a nation of people (white people) and when it says jacob, it is refering to a nation of people (israelites or black people )
how should i take the bible?..Adam is a man who made a mistake and you are punished for that? Is that justified? I expect a better explanation from you
Re: Is The Punishment Justified? by buzugee(m): 7:12pm On Apr 15, 2012
mkmyers45: how should i take the bible?..Adam is a man who made a mistake and you are punished for that? Is that justified? I expect a better explanation from you
Adam is not a man. adam is a nation of people. read the book of genesis very well. the lord created a nation of people, both men and women. he did not create one man named adam. see thats why a lot of yall turn to atheists. yall cant decipher the bible. you read the bible and think eve was actually talking to a physical snake, or that there is a physical place called heaven and hell, or that mary was a virgin, or all that other mythical crap that you atheists or unlearned people ascribe to the bible.
Re: Is The Punishment Justified? by mkmyers45(m): 7:58pm On Apr 15, 2012
buzugee: Adam is not a man. adam is a nation of people. read the book of genesis very well. the lord created a nation of people, both men and women. he did not create one man named adam. see thats why a lot of yall turn to atheists. yall cant decipher the bible. you read the bible and think eve was actually talking to a physical snake, or that there is a physical place called heaven and hell, or that mary was a virgin, or all that other mythical crap that you atheists or unlearned people ascribe to the bible.
hmmm i dont see all these in the bible or is the bible flawed by human adjustment?
Re: Is The Punishment Justified? by buzugee(m): 8:11pm On Apr 15, 2012
mkmyers45: hmmm i dont see all these in the bible or is the bible flawed by human adjustment?
study genesis 1 harder. eve was made a day or two after adam was made and when adam was made it says he made a nation of men and women in his image. so before eve was made, there was already a nation of men and women created. wasnt just one man named adam.
Re: Is The Punishment Justified? by mkmyers45(m): 8:30pm On Apr 15, 2012
buzugee: study genesis 1 harder. eve was made a day or two after adam was made and when adam was made it says he made a nation of men and women in his image. so before eve was made, there was already a nation of men and women created. wasnt just one man named adam.
A nation of men and women before eve? Please show me where...
Re: Is The Punishment Justified? by buzugee(m): 8:40pm On Apr 15, 2012
genesis 1 vs 27 So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.

then a few days later he made eve. you have to go to genesis 2 vs 22 to see when eve was created because adam did not find any of the other females suitable for him. wink
Re: Is The Punishment Justified? by mkmyers45(m): 9:01pm On Apr 15, 2012
buzugee: genesis 1 vs 27 So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.

then a few days later he made eve. you have to go to genesis 2 vs 22 to see when eve was created because adam did not find any of the other females suitable for him. wink
Haha what of gen 2 v 1-21? Flawed explanations...so is the punishment justified?
Re: Is The Punishment Justified? by buzugee(m): 9:10pm On Apr 15, 2012
mkmyers45: Haha what of gen 2 v 1-21? Flawed explanations...so is the punishment justified?
explanation aint flawed. he did not make one man and one woman.

is the punishment justified ? for dabbling in other philiosophies and doctrines when you are blessed with everything you need ? of course it is justified. thats just typical of black people. you get so much blessings from one person but then turn around and start flirting with another person. you dont think there should be punishment for that ? if you bless your kid with a nice home and cars and all the food he can eat and the best education and he turns around and calls you a bastard and says he does not want you to be his father anymore. he prefers mr lagbaja down the street as his father figure because he is way cooler and more accessible. you dont think you would like to use cutlass to cut his scrawny neck ? grin grin come on now
Re: Is The Punishment Justified? by Image123(m): 9:16pm On Apr 15, 2012
Ehinafe:

Image123, I wonder when you started reading the Word of God literarily. You should ask the Holy Spirit to give you revelation of the truth in His Word. This is the only way the mystery in the word of God can be unlock in your heart. All Scriptures is inspired and God is not mocked.
Some part of scripture are literal, like Jesus died on the cross, that's literal. Solomon was a wise King, that's literal. Adam and Eve ate of a tree they were commanded not to eat of, that's literal. Some parts are symbolic, like most of Revelations. Some parts even though literal, have many life applications. The Spirit of God is given us to understand the Word of God, grow in the knowledge of God, and receive life from God's Word. He's not given to twist the Word.
Re: Is The Punishment Justified? by mkmyers45(m): 9:19pm On Apr 15, 2012
buzugee: explanation aint flawed. he did not make one man and one woman.

is the punishment justified ? for dabbling in other philiosophies and doctrines when you are blessed with everything you need ? of course it is justified. thats just typical of black people. you get so much blessings from one person but then turn around and start flirting with another person. you dont think there should be punishment for that ? if you bless your kid with a nice home and cars and all the food he can eat and the best education and he turns around and calls you a bastard and says he does not want you to be his father anymore. he prefers mr lagbaja down the street as his father figure because he is way cooler and more accessible. you dont think you would like to use cutlass to cut his scrawny neck ? grin grin come on now
Are Children punished for sins of thier parents by God? according to genesis God created a man and a woman ONLY

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Is Judas Iscariot's Part In Fulfilling The Prophecy Bad? Did He Deserve It? / Anyone Who Is Not Paying His Tithe Is A God Robber-pastor Adeboye / When Christ Returns There Will Be Racial Segregation On Earth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.