Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

My Pastor Justified Taking Another Wife With Scripture, Is He Right? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Pastor Justified Taking Another Wife With Scripture, Is He Right? (41725 Views)

Muslims Being Hated Is Also In Line With Scripture / My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service / Seven Women Taking Hold Of One Man: Iisaiah 4:1 .This Scripture Is fullfilled (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Pastor Justified Taking Another Wife With Scripture, Is He Right? by Debeloved87(m): 11:20am On Sep 05, 2015
My pastor's marriage crashed last year, thou the marriage produced children and the parting seems unreconcilable even thou i think it fell on domestic issues and also the fact that the wife doesn't really flow with the pastoral call of the husband as her pastor husband wish her to.

Recently the man of God was talking about it and he said that he will take a new wife very soon anytime he is ready, and he ask us whether its scriptural but we just giggled and he told us that it is scriptural that we should open the book of 1 corinthians 7:14-15 "for the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband, else where your children unclean but now are they holy; but if the unbelieving depart,let him depart, a brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases:but God has called us to peace...

This actually was a little bit confusing to me, since the wife in question wasn't an unbeliever... Is my pastor right with his assertions?

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Pastor Justified Taking Another Wife With Scripture, Is He Right? by misreal(m): 11:29am On Sep 05, 2015
your mog is absolutely wrong....

38 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Pastor Justified Taking Another Wife With Scripture, Is He Right? by Nobody: 11:31am On Sep 05, 2015
"And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery" (Matthew 19:9). These are JESUS' own words.

Sadly this unstable generation will do everything to justify ill actions. Marriage partner is a choice that bears consequences. Men must learn to live with the outcomes of their choices.

230 Likes 13 Shares

Re: My Pastor Justified Taking Another Wife With Scripture, Is He Right? by kingk(m): 11:35am On Sep 05, 2015
Pls op, can you ask your paster if his wife is an unbeliever?

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Pastor Justified Taking Another Wife With Scripture, Is He Right? by Debeloved87(m): 11:37am On Sep 05, 2015
kingk:
Pls op, can you ask your paster if his wife is an unbeliever?
like i said she also is a christian, they found themselves and marry in the church

2 Likes

Re: My Pastor Justified Taking Another Wife With Scripture, Is He Right? by Aikon: 12:28pm On Sep 05, 2015
Jesus: "And I say unto you, Whosoever shall divorce his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, commits adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery" - (Matthew 19:9).

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Pastor Justified Taking Another Wife With Scripture, Is He Right? by reallest(f): 12:52pm On Sep 05, 2015
Debeloved87:
My pastor's marriage crashed last year, thou the marriage produced children and the parting seems unreconcilable even thou i think it fell on domestic issues and also the fact that the wife doesn't really flow with the pastoral call of the husband as her pastor husband wish her to. Recently the man of God was talking about it and he said that he will take a new wife very soon anytime he is ready, and he ask us whether its scriptural but we just giggled and he told us that it is scriptural that we should open the book of 1 corinthians 7:14-15 "for the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband, else where your children unclean but now are they holy; but if the unbelieving depart,let him depart, a brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases:but God has called us to peace... This actually was a little bit confusing to me, since the wife in question wasn't an unbeliever... Is my mog right with his assertions?

pastors deceiving his shepherd since time of awolowo,religions are sham n scam tongue

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Pastor Justified Taking Another Wife With Scripture, Is He Right? by Gombs(m): 1:07pm On Sep 05, 2015
misreal:
your mog is absolutely wrong....

Not in general... But he can't take another wife, until the other is dead.

He can take another wife IF and only if he divorced the first on grounds of infidelity...else, he's on his way to doom.

11 Likes

Re: My Pastor Justified Taking Another Wife With Scripture, Is He Right? by misreal(m): 2:04pm On Sep 05, 2015
Gombs:

He can take another wife IF and only if he divorced the first on grounds of infidelity...else, he's on his way to doom.
the reasons stated above are the only reasons y a person should engage in divorce.. kudos my brother.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Pastor Justified Taking Another Wife With Scripture, Is He Right? by just4now(m): 2:52pm On Sep 05, 2015
While not justifying the action of your pastor which l have no right to pass judgment but for your seek l choose to advice. Brother, Christianity is highly spiritual this is why the Lord instructed us not to judge others because you never know where He has granted grace. lf l want to go by the letters your pastor is wrong but where do we place the leading of the Holy Spirit in matters so complicated as this. lf you are in doubt where your pastor stands before God [if you care that much] you should seek the face of God concerning his action. Meanwhile, many will lie against the Holy Spirit to justify their actions to their own perils still that doesn't negate hearing instructions from Him. As Christians we are to live by the Holy Spirit and walk after the Holy Spirit...Gal 5:24-26.

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Pastor Justified Taking Another Wife With Scripture, Is He Right? by Debeloved87(m): 4:31pm On Sep 05, 2015
Gombs:

Really, so he should wait till the wife die... Na wa o, may God help us o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Pastor Justified Taking Another Wife With Scripture, Is He Right? by Debeloved87(m): 4:47pm On Sep 05, 2015
just4now:
While not justifying the action of your pastor which l have no right to pass judgment but for your seek l choose to advice. Brother, Christianity is highly spiritual this is why the Lord instructed us not to judge others because you never know where He has granted grace. lf l want to go by the letters your pastor is wrong but where do we place the leading of the Holy Spirit in matters so complicated as this. lf you are in doubt where your pastor stands before God [if you care that much] you should seek the face of God concerning his action. Meanwhile, many will lie against the Holy Spirit to justify their actions to their own perils still that doesn't negate hearing instructions from Him. As Christians we are to live by the Holy Spirit and walk after the Holy Spirit...Gal 5:24-26.
thanks.. But am not passing jugdement on him and everyone here supports their opinions with the scripture... The scripture is vast and attimes we should also be careful in the way we interpret sensitive issues like this. The reason why i posted this here because MOGs influence their members directly or indirectly, spirutually and physically, and when sensitive issue like this arise as a servant of God that serves directly under that mog and that doesnt want to faulter in the Lords ways one has to dwell in the midst of counsels, the scripture says in the multitude of counsel their is safety.

4 Likes

Re: My Pastor Justified Taking Another Wife With Scripture, Is He Right? by Gombs(m): 11:09pm On Sep 05, 2015
Debeloved87:
Really, so he should wait till the wife die... Na wa o, may God help us o

Divorce was not part of the contract, if you read your bible well.... Except on grounds of infidelity.

Else, it's till death do you two apart.

5 Likes

Re: My Pastor Justified Taking Another Wife With Scripture, Is He Right? by pedel: 4:29am On Sep 06, 2015
just4now:
The Holy Spirit will never contradict the written word. There is no face of God to be sought on this. God hates divorce.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Pastor Justified Taking Another Wife With Scripture, Is He Right? by disloman(m): 7:09am On Sep 06, 2015
D bible text ur MOG quoted is not related to d issue of remarry.Don't let him confuse u guys with his deceits.U can only divorce when issue of adultery n fornication.

8 Likes

Re: My Pastor Justified Taking Another Wife With Scripture, Is He Right? by Nobody: 7:09am On Sep 06, 2015
Religion...

Shiorrrr

2 Likes

Re: My Pastor Justified Taking Another Wife With Scripture, Is He Right? by mascot87(m): 7:09am On Sep 06, 2015
Pastors twisting the bible to favor themselves since 14AD grin grin

11 Likes

Re: My Pastor Justified Taking Another Wife With Scripture, Is He Right? by cold(m): 7:10am On Sep 06, 2015
You can justify anything in the world using the bible. Murder,rape,slavery,genocide,fetishism you name it,it's all in there. No verse in the bible means exactly what it says,it is always subject to the interpretation of the reader at a particular time in a particular place. Hence so much confusion in Christendom and god isn't helping either.

15 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Pastor Justified Taking Another Wife With Scripture, Is He Right? by Nobody: 7:11am On Sep 06, 2015
making the Bible say wht ever yu want it to say doesn't mean yu are justified.

2 Likes

Re: My Pastor Justified Taking Another Wife With Scripture, Is He Right? by Sijo01(f): 7:11am On Sep 06, 2015
End time Pastor sad
Re: My Pastor Justified Taking Another Wife With Scripture, Is He Right? by lekjons(m): 7:11am On Sep 06, 2015
his wife, his konji..

his business

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Pastor Justified Taking Another Wife With Scripture, Is He Right? by marycool18(f): 7:11am On Sep 06, 2015
*lipsealed* afud ado ade ke isong ami. cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Justified Taking Another Wife With Scripture, Is He Right? by loomer: 7:12am On Sep 06, 2015
Take five more because ur pastor said u can
Re: My Pastor Justified Taking Another Wife With Scripture, Is He Right? by Icecomrade: 7:13am On Sep 06, 2015
Yes
Re: My Pastor Justified Taking Another Wife With Scripture, Is He Right? by agrovick(m): 7:13am On Sep 06, 2015
U said?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Pastor Justified Taking Another Wife With Scripture, Is He Right? by MrMcJay(m): 7:14am On Sep 06, 2015
Tell your pastor that the person who wrote the Book of Galatians didn't marry. What about Prophet Hosea that marred a prostitute and didn't divorce her?

The Bible is a two-edged sword. It would take some to heaven, but misuse and misinterptation of the scripture would take many to Hell.

Let your pastor practice polygamy if he likes, your goal is to make heaven. After all, are there not pastors smuggling arms into the country?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Pastor Justified Taking Another Wife With Scripture, Is He Right? by Nobody: 7:14am On Sep 06, 2015
Pastors curving, twisting, shrinking and bending the scriptures to suit their selfish ploys...

Op look for a better spiritual church...cos your pastor is ready to fabricate a passage in the bible to justify snatching ur babe or wifey grin

6 Likes

Re: My Pastor Justified Taking Another Wife With Scripture, Is He Right? by Nobody: 7:15am On Sep 06, 2015
Is there anything people don't justify with the scripture?

All denominations like catholics, methodist, baptist, Anglican, pentecostal, c & s, celestial, seventh day, jehovah's witness etc justify what they do with the scripture.

I don tire!

The scripture sef suppose don tire. Why?

People justify alcohol with it.
People justify divorce with it.
People justify tithe with it.
People justify first seed with it.
People justify women speaking in church and not covering their hair with it.

People who eat grass nko?

When anyone thinks of anything he wants to do, he grabs the scripture and looks for justification.

Na so be d nature of religion.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Pastor Justified Taking Another Wife With Scripture, Is He Right? by nzgal: 7:15am On Sep 06, 2015
Abeg tell that your pastor to read the context of that scripture he is quoting. Notice the bolded is the standard for Christians today. And the italics is the variable. Even if an unbeliever, the marriage can still work and the individual can be converted.

1Corinthians 7:10 - 13
"To the married people I give instructions, not I but the Lord, that a wife should not separate from her husband.
11 But if she does separate, let her remain unmarried or else be reconciled with her husband; and a husband should not leave his wife.

12 But to the others I say, yes, I, not the Lord:i If any brother has an unbelieving wife and she is agreeable to staying with him, let him not leave her;
13 and if a woman has an unbelieving husband and he is agreeable to staying with her, let her not leave her husband.

14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified in relation to his wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified in relation to the brother; otherwise, your children would be unclean, but now they are holy.
15 But if the unbelieving one chooses to depart,a let him depart; a brother or a sister is not bound under such circumstances, but God has called you to peace.
1[i]6 For wife, how do you know whether you will save your husband? Or, husband, how do you know whether you will save your wife?"[/i]

Moerover, The only ground for divorce is adultery. Jesus stated at Matthew 19: 3 - 9
3 And Pharisees came to him intent on testing him, and they asked: “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife on every sort of grounds?”
4 In reply he said: “Have you not read that the one who created them from the beginning made them male and female
5 and said: ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and his mother and will stick to his wife, and the two will be one flesh’?
6 So that they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore, what God has yoked together, let no man put apart.”
7 They said to him: “Why, then, did Moses direct giving a certificate of dismissal and divorcing her?”
8 He said to them: “Out of regard for your hard-heartedness, Moses made the concession to you of divorcing your wives, but that has not been the case from the beginning.
9[b] I say to you that whoever divorces his wife, except on the grounds of sexual immorality,a and marries another commits adultery[/b]."

21 Likes

Re: My Pastor Justified Taking Another Wife With Scripture, Is He Right? by kingthreat(m): 7:15am On Sep 06, 2015
To me, as long as the wife didn't fornicate or wants to kill you, you cannot divorce her under christianity. Marriage is a decision for men, A decision you make for life and live with the consequences under christianity.

4 Likes

Re: My Pastor Justified Taking Another Wife With Scripture, Is He Right? by KINGTELLER: 7:15am On Sep 06, 2015
I had wanted to ask this same question.. Is it allowed for a man to marry another wife, if he divorces his wife on the ground of fornication

Jesus: "And I say unto you, Whosoever shall divorce his wife,except it be for fornication and shall marry another,commits adultery:and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery" - (Matthew 19:9).
Re: My Pastor Justified Taking Another Wife With Scripture, Is He Right? by Ameanux(m): 7:16am On Sep 06, 2015
He is right considering the past prophets of God send to mankind. Most of them are having more than one wives

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Hajj Stampede: “he Stoned Them Back To Death” – Nigerian Transgender Blames God / How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us / 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.