Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,603 members, 7,812,974 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:47 AM

New Breed/future Political Players We'd Like To See - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Breed/future Political Players We'd Like To See (837 Views)

Governor El-rufai Hosts Super Eagles Players To A Dinner(photos) / Fasola Ministerial Appointment: A Litmus Test For His Future Political Ambition / Obasanjo And Future Political Godfathers Should Learn A Lesson (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Breed/future Political Players We'd Like To See by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:19am On Apr 15, 2012
I've been noticing a few dynamic young achievers in various fields of endeavour that i would like to see us push, persuade (or even beg if necessary embarassed)to take an active role in politics, either at the State or National level. These Sons and Daughters can be found in both the public and private sectors, and by their antecedents have shown themselves capable of being entrusted with elective positions in government.

We often moan and complain about certain Presidents/Governors/Legislators, but they only succeed in 'winning' elections when there's a passive attitude by all who ordinarily should be invovled in generating a groundswell of popular support for the right candidate that doesn't have the thugs, Godfather or stolen wealth to 'make things happen' if you know what i mean wink.

I've concentrated mainly in the South East, as that's where i'm more conversant with, but others can nominate worthy Nigerians from other Regions/Zones. Some may be picked that are already holding elective positions, and that means we'd like to see them progress further, possibly up to the national level.

So everyone is welcome to add more individuals from their zone. Only individuals you know you can stand before God and say you're happy and confident that they'd be good for their State or Nigeria. No political/ethnocentric/selfish considerations.

So here are a few i can think of for now, and apologies if some names are spelt wrong:

South South:

*Mrs Ifueko Omogui Okaro (immediate past FIRS Boss)
*Mr Godswill Akpabio (Governor of Akwa Ibom)
*Mr Rotimi Amaechi (Governor of Rivers)
*more later

South East:
*Mr Osita Chidoka (Road Safety Boss)
*Mr Ken Nnamani (Past Senate President)
*Mr Chidi Odinkalu (Human Rights Commission Chairman)
*Mr Sam Amadi (Electricity Regulatory Commission Chairman)
*Mr Rochas Okorocha (Governor of Imo)
*Mr Chukwuma Soludo (immediate past Governor of Central Bank)
*Mrs Dora Akunyili (immediate past DG of NAFDAC)
*There's this regular guest on AIT's Focus Nigeria that always talks sense on Budget issues. I can't remember his name now undecided.
*Mr Clement Nwankwo (regular guest on AIT's focus Nigeria, and a public commentator)
*more later

South West:

*Mr Raji Fashola (Governor of Lagos)
*Mr Olusegun Mimiko (Governor of Ondo)
*more later

North:
*MR Ladan Sharehu (DG of National Teachers Institute)
*Mr Sule Lamido (Governor of Jigawa)
*more later

I'll add more when i can remember more names and faces. My memory isn't coperating well this morning.
Re: New Breed/future Political Players We'd Like To See by PROUDIGBO(m): 12:06am On Apr 19, 2012
Was watching Focus Nigeria on AIT and the guy whose name slipped my memory the other day was a guest. He's Mr Eze Onyekpere, and he ALWAYS talks sense and says it as it is when discussing budgeting and governance issues.

Also, another brilliant person we need in politics (instead of the thugs, touts and gangsters we have showing up in some States and Local Gov'ts) is Mr Akinwunmi (present Minister for Agric).

If we're to make a headway in development/progress in Nigeria, these are the type of people we need seeking elective positions, even if we have to camp at their doorsteps or hold a gun to their heads until they agree.
Re: New Breed/future Political Players We'd Like To See by Onlytruth(m): 3:22am On Apr 19, 2012
I'll like to add Gov Sullivan Chime of Enugu state. I don't know whether he has to guts to embark on National politics though.
Nigerian politics is for men with BALLS of steal. cool
Re: New Breed/future Political Players We'd Like To See by OAM4J: 3:34am On Apr 19, 2012
Nice thread!

This thread should not be derailed or turn tribal please.

@Topic

About time we have new promising energetic breed of politicians. Enough of politicians that are too old to climb stairs or a 60yr old youth leader.

(1) (Reply)

Renaming UNILAG Was Not In The Script We Prepared For GEJ Says Speechwriter / Who Do You Believe??? Lawan Or Otedola ???? ??? ???? / ddd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.