Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,829 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

House Of Reps Summon Hyundai Over Faulty Car Bought For House Of Rep Wife - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / House Of Reps Summon Hyundai Over Faulty Car Bought For House Of Rep Wife (496 Views)

Reps Summon DSS Boss, Daura, Over Ekiti Assembly Invasion / Reps Summon Adeosun, Emefiele Over Budget Saga / Reps Summon Emefiele Over Dollar Deposits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

House Of Reps Summon Hyundai Over Faulty Car Bought For House Of Rep Wife by salibee: 4:16pm On Apr 15, 2012
House of Representatives has summoned a Korean Company, makers of Hyundai Motors Nigeria Ltd to appear before the National Assembly for investigative hearing over alleged defective Elegance Jeep sold to Hon Willie Ogbeide, honourable of the 4th assembly.
The house in a letter signed by the chairman, House Committee on Public Petition, Hon Uzo Azubuike invited the company and Ogbeide to appear before the House next week Thursday over the alleged defective jeep sold by the company to Hon Ogbeide.
Hon Azubuike states in the letter, “The House of Representatives at its sitting of Wednesday, 22nd February, 2012 received a petition from you against the managing director, Hyundai Motors Nig Ltd on alleged sale of defective Hyundai Jeep 1 x 35 Elegance GLS OL. To this effect you are invited to an investigative hearing on the matter” Speaking to Vanguard in Abuja Wednesday, Hon Ogbeide narrated that he bought a Hyundai jeep 1 x 35 Elegance GLS 2.0 litre for his wife who resides in Benin from the Korean company’s office at Airport Road, Abuja on October 27, 2011 at N4.1million, recounting that the jeep had within five weeks of purchase developed series of problems ranging from acceleration to air-condition.
According to him, “On October 27th October 2011 I purchased Hyundai jeep for my wife at a cost of N4.1million from Hyundai Motors Nigeria Ltd in Abuja. The car had barely worked for three weeks when it developed problem. It was sent back to the company which said it had repaired the fault and sent to us. About three days, the jeep broke-down in Sapele as my wife was using it to Warri.
The motor company was accordingly informed and it sent its mechanic who eventually took the car to their office in Abuja since it was obvious that the car had factory fault”. He elucidated, “The car had no Wheel spanner when it was delivered to me and that I first complained ,to them.
Then when l drove the car to Benin for my wife, I observed that it has acceleration problem, immediately l called Hyundai office to complain to them, they promised to rectify it since it was still under warranty and before we could solve that, the air-condition had problem for which l also called their office through my lawyer and in less than five weeks”.
“When l got tired of their dripping, I requested that they refund my money to me within seven days. They did not and have not responded and l wrote to House of Reps to save me and other Nigerians from the Korean company” Speaking to Vanguard, the administrative Manager of Hyundai, Mr Ichonye John and the Workshop Manager of the company, Mr Haari Sriohar who attended to Vanguard, both admitted that the jeep was bought from the company but would not comment on the matter as they have replied the House of Representatives upon receiving the summon from the House. “We don’t have anything to say on this.
We have received a letter and we have responded to it. We received instruction from our Lagos office on what to do and that has been done so we cannot say anything further on the issue”.

(1) (Reply)

For How Long Do We Have 2 Wait B4 We Defend Ourself? / President Jonathan To Sacrifice Diezani Allison-madueke In Cabinet Reshuffle / Even Atiku Was Once Shoeless

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.