Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,371 members, 7,812,091 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:57 AM

Have You Read Breathing's Diary? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Have You Read Breathing's Diary? (1539 Views)

Which Author's Books Have You Read The Most? / What Kind Of Books Do You Read? / What Was The Last Book You Read? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Read Breathing's Diary? by kay9(m): 11:23pm On Apr 15, 2012
I've been away for so long, feels a little giddy starting a new topic. Almost like i'm learning the ropes all over again. Anyway, so i'm around again - made a couple of replies in the Romance, Sexuality, and Culture sections - dissed one or two people, and got dissed back, yeah yeah - but i never had a reason to start a topic... Until now.
-
You see, this topic isn't about me - i mean, i know i'm so cool and froody and oh so swagged back wink - but no, this isn't about me. Its about someone called 'breathing'. Odd name, huh? I thought so, too. So, yeah, someone called breathing... and her diary. Her 3 year old diary.
-
I was bored today after watching in sorrow as Chelsea triumphed over Tot'ham, so i went exploring. I bumped in the Diaries section - never been there before - and i was faintly amused that one couldn't comment on the posts there. Oh well, i thought, some poor souls have just been spared my unsolicited (and mostly bizarre) views. I scanned through a couple - the one at the top had about 11 pages, so i decided to save it for last - most of the others were blah, crap, hogwash - but hey, its my opinion.
-
So i came back to Numero Uno.
-
''whatelse do you call a black sheep'' by breathing. Hmmph. Dumb id!ot forgot to put a space between ''what'' and ''else'', i thought. Whadaheck, i've got hours to kill. So i checked in - saw the ''f'' beside the name - aah, another girlie diary, mmh - and then i saw how long she's been at it: 3yrs and counting. This might be worth my time after all. So i read the first post - and almost threw up. My gawd, don't they teach punctuations in school anymore?? I read two more posts, and almost gagged again. It felt like listening to my kid siblings. But... But, ahh admit it, man, she's got flair. And originality. Mmmm. Plus this was THREE YEARS ago, she's bound to be more mature now. Mmmm. So...
-
So i read. And read. And read.
-
I read mundane stuff; i read germaine stuff. I read about crushing on some poor old guy; I read about coming-of-age blues. I read about her menstrual cramps (''ovulation'', urrgghh!!); i read about her Chivita juice. I read about her mummy and daddy; i read about her funny lil cousins (''us will clear the dustbin'', lol). I read about her love for God and Jesus (lady, open a church already!); i read about her anger at the treament of the poor traumatized girls traveling with ekene dili chukwu. Oh, and yeah, i read about what she thinks of the Literature section - had to smile at that, though - my thoughts exactly. My culpability be hanged, lol.
-
I read...
-
I didnt read it all - a jump here and there, and mama mia! honey, have you ever EVER heard of punctuations?? - yeah, i didn't read it all. But i really read...
-
And i came to a conclusion: breathing, i like you, and i like your diary. And i'm going to do a post about it, and i'm going to tell anybody that cares to listen to go and read it.
-
Ok, at this junction, i have take a moment and formally (albeit a wee-bit insincerely) apologise to breathing for making it my business to talk about her diary so. She may or may not like it - she's a closet activist, see - but i thought, since she's posting it, she definitely won't mind people reading it. Never mind why they're reading it. smiley
-
And for what its worth, Thank You breathing, for sharing your story smiley .... And you better continue sharing it o! angry
-
There, i said it. cheesy
-
And lastly, for you bunch of yellow-bellies (no offence, lol grin ) who'd like to read breathing's diary, umm, i'm afraid you've got to find it for yourself. If you dont know where the Diaries section is on NL, too bad, cant help you. I'm too lazy to attach any url links, so you're gonna have to do it the old fashioned way. Go, go, go to the Diaries section and look for it there!

1 Like

Re: Have You Read Breathing's Diary? by greedie1(f): 4:20pm On Apr 17, 2012
Yea i read her diary too.... Nd i learnt alot. U read d episode abt lines falling in beautiful places? Well i keyed into d faith nd it worked for me...... I lyk d stuffs she write abt nd d fact dat she mks punctuation mistakes only means dt she writes on d spur, its not premeditated...

She has inspired me to keep a journal too nd one day, i just might bring it on here...
I lyk d character breathing but i dnt knw wt section she is active in, nd God knws i ve bin lookin

1 Like

Re: Have You Read Breathing's Diary? by breathing(f): 5:55pm On Apr 19, 2012
Unbelievable.(fullstop)lol. Just saw this and this is quite flattering.(that's another fullstop,lol)
Re: Have You Read Breathing's Diary? by kay9(m): 7:33pm On Apr 19, 2012
gree-die:
Yea i read her diary too.... I lyk d stuffs she write abt nd d fact dat she mks punctuation mistakes only means dt she writes on d spur, its not premeditated...
Ernn, i suppose you're right. I'm just a sucker for good grammar... plus couldn't resist yanking the cord. wink
-
breathing: Unbelievable.(fullstop)lol. Just saw this and this is quite flattering.(that's another fullstop,lol)
Ahh, the celebrity graces us with her presence. cheesy cheesy Glad you are flattered, mademoiselle; yours truly half-expected to have his backside sliced and quatered.
(mmm... ***pinches self*** kay9, kay9, kay9, trash the jokes and be sincere for once in your miserable life***)
Umm, really glad u liked it, ma'am. smiley

1 Like

Re: Have You Read Breathing's Diary? by Fyngal1(f): 11:43pm On Apr 21, 2012
Wow! Finally read breathing's diary and i really loved it. Like kay9 rightly observed, she has originality in her work. I find myself being drawn to her diary everyday to read her updates. It's like a soap

1 Like

Re: Have You Read Breathing's Diary? by Tgirl4real(f): 4:23pm On Jun 15, 2012

lol

So, this is where/how it all started, ehn? grin grin grin

hmmm . . . breathing, fyngal and skillrt would know what I'm talking about. wink

Btw, I'm also a follower of "whatelse do u call a blacksheep" grin
Re: Have You Read Breathing's Diary? by kay9(m): 8:21pm On Jun 15, 2012
^^ehn, me know too.
Re: Have You Read Breathing's Diary? by Tgirl4real(f): 7:14am On Jun 16, 2012
Kay9,

I suspect you have a secret diary. tongue
Re: Have You Read Breathing's Diary? by kay9(m): 9:03am On Jun 16, 2012
Tgirl4real: Kay9,

I suspect you have a secret diary. tongue

I wish i did too. wink A long time ago i used to write, i even ran a blog. But no more...
Re: Have You Read Breathing's Diary? by Tgirl4real(f): 11:05am On Jun 16, 2012
kay9:
I wish i did too. wink A long time ago i used to write, i even ran a blog. But no more...

Haha! Go back to that blog jor. tongue
D last tym u posted was in April. Se na subsidy removal kill ya spirit abi na NLC grin
Re: Have You Read Breathing's Diary? by kay9(m): 8:27am On Jun 18, 2012
^^naa, hang the subsidy, i lost my muse months before that. Work on the ministry leaves lil room much now... u know.
Re: Have You Read Breathing's Diary? by Tgirl4real(f): 2:07pm On Jun 20, 2012
kay9: ^^naa, hang the subsidy, i lost my muse months before that. Work on the ministry leaves lil room much now... u know.

na wa o. Which ministry sef? Se na pastoral, father, oiyel, FIRS, LASTMA, LASSA . . . which wan? tongue
Re: Have You Read Breathing's Diary? by kay9(m): 8:39am On Jun 21, 2012
^^ All of the above grin
Re: Have You Read Breathing's Diary? by Tgirl4real(f): 9:04am On Jun 21, 2012
lol

(1) (Reply)

Church Fiend / List Of Important And Free Ebooks For Your Enjoyment (instant Download) / A Quest For Knowledge And Understanding ( A Short Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.