Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,278 members, 7,867,737 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 11:01 PM

Music From The Francophone: Let's Share! - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Music From The Francophone: Let's Share! (1539 Views)

♫♪♫♪░new Music From A Nairalander - Gepheral ♫♪got Party♫♪ ( Hot !!!)░♫♪♫♪ / Let Share Mp3 Songs 4 Real I Have Some For You To Download Now / Can I Download Nigerian Music From the Internet? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Music From The Francophone: Let's Share! by Nobody: 7:39am On Apr 16, 2012
Firstly, if you see Nayah, please send her here lol.

I need your help! So, brief synopsis. Once upon a time, I was really into music from Cote d'Ivoire, DRC, Cameroun, etc. Douk Saga, DJ Jacob, Kaysha, Awilo Longomba, Meiway, etc. My iTunes library was up to date! I have been slacking for so long (about four years lol), and I'm not trying to get back into Francophone music. There's one DRC song on which I'm currently hooked, and now I'm more determined than ever to update my Francophone library.

With that said, does anyone have any great recommendations? Here's the one I'm currently in love with lol:

[flash=400,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ip_BZgbDuJI[/flash]
Re: Music From The Francophone: Let's Share! by Nobody: 7:45am On Apr 16, 2012
Wow, really? I seriously thought I was in the music section. Old age no good at all. Please move this embarassed
Re: Music From The Francophone: Let's Share! by Killz1(m): 7:56am On Apr 16, 2012
ogugua88: Wow, really? I seriously thought I was in the music section. Old age no good at all. Please move this embarassed
Hmm. . . I was about asking what it was doing here too. . . cheesy
Re: Music From The Francophone: Let's Share! by emofine2(f): 10:25am On Apr 16, 2012
ogugua88: I'm currently hooked, and now I'm more determined than ever to update my Francophone library.

With that said, does anyone have any great recommendations?

Sahelian Music (Senegal + Mali) is so rich. But I'm addicted to Dobet Gnahoré of Cote d'Ivoire. Don't know how to post vids but I'll recommend "Jho Avido", "Abiana" and "Samahani" but she's just awesome cheesy

Here's the one I'm currently in love with

nice!
Re: Music From The Francophone: Let's Share! by Nobody: 7:19pm On Apr 16, 2012
emöfine2: Sahelian Music (Senegal + Mali) is so rich. But I'm addicted to Dobet Gnahoré of Cote d'Ivoire. Don't know how to post vids but I'll recommend "Jho Avido", "Abiana" and "Samahani" but she's just awesome cheesy

Yes, Senegalese music is great too. I don't know much music from Mali, apart from Mokobe lol. I've been looking for Viviane N'dour's albums everywhere but can't find them unfortunately.

Thanks for the recommendations. I'm listening to 'Dala' by Dobet Ghanoré now and it sounds great. Very soothing. I'll listen to the other three as well.
Re: Music From The Francophone: Let's Share! by emofine2(f): 4:48am On Apr 17, 2012
ogugua88: I don't know much music from Mali, apart from Mokobe lol.

I'm just hearing about Mokobe now and I'm not feeling him embarassed lol.

Oh ogugua88 you are missing out o...but perhaps you've heard some Malian music unaware but wasn't familiar with the musicians. Their music is one of the most recognized and appreciated from Africa with good reason too. But I think their music strikes a spiritual chord more so than their francophone neighbours.

Habib koite

Salif Keita

Oumare sangare

Ali farka toure

Mariam et amadou . . .

etc are all legends

Yes, Senegalese music is great too.

What do you think of Ismael Lo?
Re: Music From The Francophone: Let's Share! by Nobody: 6:55am On Apr 19, 2012
Yeah, Mokobe is a rap star really lol. I like his modern African rhythms. He did this song with Viviane N'dour, "Safari", which I really love. That's actually my fave from him, simply because of her. Her voice is mesmerizing. He also did a song with Seun Kuti, which is pretty good.

You know, my dad has a few Salif Keita albums but I've never really gotten into them. I usually don't enjoy my dad's stuff until I take them and listen on my own. I'll have to do that some time. I like Mariam et Amadou. I saw them perform at a Coldplay show some years ago, and they were fantastic. I have a lot of downloading to do lol. I have a couple songs from Habib Koite had Ali Farka Toure on my old laptop. *sighs* lol.

I've never heard of Ismael Lo unfortunately. I am listening to "Tajabone" now shocked Very soothing, like African Enya.

This is off-topic, lol, but I'm guessing you like Oliver Mtukudzi?
Re: Music From The Francophone: Let's Share! by emofine2(f): 11:53am On Apr 19, 2012
ogugua88: Yeah, Mokobe is a rap star really lol. I like his modern African rhythms. He did this song with Viviane N'dour, "Safari", which I really love. That's actually my fave from him, simply because of her. Her voice is mesmerizing. He also did a song with Seun Kuti, which is pretty good.

Well I must admit I'm usually biased against African rappers - I assume they try and form something that they're not even though I know not all of them are like that. I like Tukuleur though (well I've only actually listened to one song from them lol)
But you're right, Vivane N'dour has a mesmerizing voice.
I'm listening to Mokobe and Seun's duet currently and it's not bad.

This is off-topic, lol, but I'm guessing you like Oliver Mtukudzi?

Lol how did you make the correlation? Yeah I love Tuku. I respect authentic African music.
Re: Music From The Francophone: Let's Share! by emofine2(f): 1:50pm On Apr 19, 2012

1 Like

Re: Music From The Francophone: Let's Share! by Nobody: 7:50pm On Apr 19, 2012
Re: Music From The Francophone: Let's Share! by BABE3: 10:46pm On Apr 20, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6Y5ZxrQwUQ

H-enjoy! I'm all for dance-able songs.
Re: Music From The Francophone: Let's Share! by BABE3: 10:48pm On Apr 20, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBoV1VSpKLo

This is Nigerian, but it's very francophone-ish. I love it! cheesy
Re: Music From The Francophone: Let's Share! by Nobody: 5:40am On Apr 21, 2012
emöfine2: Well I must admit I'm usually biased against African rappers - I assume they try and form something that they're not even though I know not all of them are like that. I like Tukuleur though (well I've only actually listened to one song from them lol)
But you're right, Vivane N'dour has a mesmerizing voice.
I'm listening to Mokobe and Seun's duet currently and it's not bad.

Lol how did you make the correlation? Yeah I love Tuku. I respect authentic African music.

I totally agree. I don't want to sound like I'm discriminating against Africans but rap doesn't flow as well with us, Mokobe included. I like what he says though lol. Yep, I love how Seun put Naija influence on that one grin

HAHA! It came to mind, especially with the kind of artists you're recommending. Made sense lol. I've been listening to a lot of authentic African music as of late, particularly Nigerian though. Rummaging through my dad's old cassettes and records lol.

What of Fally Ipupa? He's gaining ground in Nigeria (at last lol). If you dig into his albums though, past the fast tempo songs, he's actually good and melodic. He composes well too. Modern, but he keeps the Congolese sound there too. "Attente" and "Mabele" are a couple of my faves from him.

I'm free tonight, time to download lol.
Re: Music From The Francophone: Let's Share! by Nobody: 5:51am On Apr 21, 2012
@Yield That song sounds super familiar. I may have seen the video on an African channel before. Nice find smiley

@BABE! I like both of those songs too, particularly Iyanya's. He's well built too tongue
I have a huge beef with Cote d'Ivoire lol. They are super extraordinarily killing whatever's left of Coupe Decale lol. That genre has been around for 10 years or so now, and it's not even changing. It's hard for me to listen to pop songs from there because it reminds me of like 10 other songs. Just like the US and Nigeria lol.
Re: Music From The Francophone: Let's Share! by emofine2(f): 9:36am On Apr 21, 2012
ogugua88: I totally agree. I don't want to sound like I'm discriminating against Africans but rap doesn't flow as well with us, Mokobe included. I like what he says though lol. Yep, I love how Seun put Naija influence on that one grin

I think Africans are capable in the art of rap but rap of a different nature. We have a certain cadence so I find it rather incompatible that some Africans try to model American rap.

I've been listening to a lot of authentic African music as of late

Tried Thomas Mapfumo? grin

particularly Nigerian though. Rummaging through my dad's old cassettes and records lol.

Got any recommendations? I’m perhaps the only Nigerian my age that’s not a fan of Naija mainstream music embarassed but I still crave to listen to some of my country’s music so I usually sieve for old, traditional or authentic Nigerian music.

What of Fally Ipupa? He's gaining ground in Nigeria (at last lol). If you dig into his albums though, past the fast tempo songs, he's actually good and melodic. He composes well too. Modern, but he keeps the Congolese sound there too. "Attente" and "Mabele" are a couple of my faves from him.

Fally Ipupa eh? I knew he will make it both within and outside of Africa. I was once a listener when he wasn't too known. Now his fame has sort of repelled me a bit lol so I don’t listen to him anymore but I enjoyed his music. Yes he has put a modern spin on Congolese music at the same time trying to remain faithful to the local genre. I've always been a fan of the Congolese guitar plucking.
Re: Music From The Francophone: Let's Share! by emofine2(f): 9:43am On Apr 21, 2012
Re: Music From The Francophone: Let's Share! by Nobody: 4:48pm On Apr 24, 2012
Patience Dabany! First lady! I love her songs smiley

Yeah, that's very true. I'm not a big fan of American rap sef. Could be why I've never really gotten into Nigerian rap as well lol.

I've never heard of Mapfumo. I'll have to do a search when I get home.

Huhhhh? Lol. Nigerian mainstream's pretty good, although I'm quite behind with downloads. They're all beginning to sound the same sad I sieve for the old as well. Lately, all I've been playing is Celestine Ukwu and Oriental Brothers lol.

It was only a matter of time for Fally. He blew up in France before he blew up in Nigeria, which surprised me really lol. Usually Nigerians are on top of "waist-winding" music. I listen to the songs that no one knows lol. I still think "Droit Chemin" is his best album.

I will post some more vids when I'm home wink
Re: Music From The Francophone: Let's Share! by anonymous6(f): 1:50am On Jun 03, 2012
ogugua88: Patience Dabany! First lady! I love her songs smiley

Yeah, that's very true. I'm not a big fan of American rap sef. Could be why I've never really gotten into Nigerian rap as well lol.

I've never heard of Mapfumo. I'll have to do a search when I get home.

Huhhhh? Lol. Nigerian mainstream's pretty good, although I'm quite behind with downloads. They're all beginning to sound the same sad I sieve for the old as well. Lately, all I've been playing is Celestine Ukwu and Oriental Brothers lol.

It was only a matter of time for Fally. He blew up in France before he blew up in Nigeria, which surprised me really lol. Usually Nigerians are on top of "waist-winding" music. I listen to the songs that no one knows lol. I still think "Droit Chemin" is his best album.

I will post some more vids when I'm home wink

One of my threads has been hidden: "Who are the top ten most handsome & hottest Ghanian actors" (from the celebrity which you moderate): https://www.nairaland.com/789010/most-handsome-hottest-ghanian-actor (same problem as last time), don't know why but can the thread please be unhidden please because I didn't do anything for the thread to end up like that, thank you. cause I sent you this message without a response and there is no complaint section in the celebrity section either to communicate with you.

(1) (Reply)

Music: Ice Prince - VIP & Gimme Dat Ft Burna Boy, Yung L & Olamide [DOWNLOAD] / Download Music: Seyi Shay Ft. Wizkid – Crazy / What's Your Best Producer's Signature?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.