Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

Younger He Really Is? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Younger He Really Is? (841 Views)

Share Your Experiences As A Younger Senior Management Staff / His Future Is About To Get Jeopardized. He Really Offer Ur Advice. / Everybody Is Looking For Job. Now, What Really Is A Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Younger He Really Is? by geeez: 10:34am On Apr 17, 2012
I have a friend who is dealing with an issue right now and he has asked for an advise which I'm not sure I have an answer to.

He used to work in a bank and his personal data showed a particular date of birth. Although according to him, he used his original birth certificate. Now he's moved to another bank, using the same original birth certificate and when they confirmed his data from his former employer, they stated that his date of birth was some years younger in the previous employment. However, his staff account details in the former office shows the correct date of birth (on his birth cert).

Now contacting hs previous employers, they said he filled a different age in his personal data form as well as cv which he submitted. His current employers have sent him a query as regards the inconsistency but his previous employers are insisting that he is younger than he really is.

How do you think he should deal with e query from his current employer?
Re: Younger He Really Is? by geeez: 11:04am On Apr 17, 2012
PING!!!
Re: Younger He Really Is? by geeez: 12:03pm On Apr 17, 2012
PING!!!
Re: Younger He Really Is? by DisGuy: 12:04pm On Apr 17, 2012
is his age affecting his work?

He should submit his Birth Certificate, submit his school report cards with his date of birth on it.

If the previous employer can send the CV or application form
Re: Younger He Really Is? by geeez: 12:26pm On Apr 17, 2012
Thanks. His age isn't affecting his work. He already sent in his birth certificate but the previous employers say his cv and personal records with them show a younger age
Re: Younger He Really Is? by DisGuy: 1:20pm On Apr 17, 2012
how much younger is it showing?

I dont know how freedom of information work in banks but He should be able to request his CV and details they have about him
so he can clarify any issues
Re: Younger He Really Is? by Busybody2(f): 4:04pm On Apr 17, 2012
geeez: I have a friend who is dealing with an issue right now and he has asked for an advise which I'm not sure I have an answer to.

He used to work in a bank and his personal data showed a particular date of birth. Although according to him, he used his original birth certificate. Now he's moved to another bank, using the same original birth certificate and when they confirmed his data from his former employer, they stated that his date of birth was some years younger in the previous employment. [size=18pt]However, his staff account details in the former office shows the correct date of birth (on his birth cert).[/size]

Now contacting hs previous employers, they said he filled a different age in his personal data form as well as cv which he submitted. His current employers have sent him a query as regards the inconsistency but his previous employers are insisting that he is younger than he really is.

How do you think he should deal with e query from his current employer?

He should provide hard copies of the highlighted to his current employers to prove his former employer's incompetence.

2 Likes

Re: Younger He Really Is? by blank(f): 5:10pm On Apr 17, 2012
A lot of people reduce their age and forget the age they put on the cv.

(1) (Reply)

Question / Another Dropout Billionaire / Two Good Jobs At Same Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.