Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,323 members, 7,811,952 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:19 AM

John Fashanu Appears As Character Witness In Ibori's Sentencing - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / John Fashanu Appears As Character Witness In Ibori's Sentencing (11806 Views)

Arase, Kanu Nwankwo, John Fashanu & Others At A Police Event In Abuja.Photos / Igbinedion Donates 8M To Chief Judge's Book Launch After Son's Sentencing / The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: John Fashanu Appears As Character Witness In Ibori's Sentencing by JomoGbomo2(m): 6:37pm On Apr 17, 2012
i am not really suprise for John fashanu, what do you expect from someone arraigned for match fixing and now comes to testify as a character witness for a "Thief" in government.
Re: John Fashanu Appears As Character Witness In Ibori's Sentencing by chelseabmw(m): 6:42pm On Apr 17, 2012
SMH shocked
Re: John Fashanu Appears As Character Witness In Ibori's Sentencing by NwaNimo1(m): 6:43pm On Apr 17, 2012
I think Fashanu's appearance resulted i a tougher sentence.
Re: John Fashanu Appears As Character Witness In Ibori's Sentencing by porka: 7:06pm On Apr 17, 2012
What is he saying? That JJ Okocha was discovered on Ibori's stadium? That's ludicrous.
Re: John Fashanu Appears As Character Witness In Ibori's Sentencing by chyket(m): 7:38pm On Apr 17, 2012
Na wao,ibori is in jail,his wife is in jail,his babe is in jail,his sister is in jail and even his Lawyer is also in jail!!!!!
Re: John Fashanu Appears As Character Witness In Ibori's Sentencing by doctokwus: 10:39pm On Apr 17, 2012
So assuming he evn built those stadiums,what is d link,that he used d mony to build stadiums& shd thus b pardoned?I neva held Fashanu in high esteem,but I expectd him to exhibit above average reasoning ability
Re: John Fashanu Appears As Character Witness In Ibori's Sentencing by edoyad(m): 10:59pm On Apr 17, 2012
chyket: Na wao,ibori is in jail,his wife is in jail,his babe is in jail,his sister is in jail and even his Lawyer is also in jail!!!!!

grin grin Children might be joining soon
Re: John Fashanu Appears As Character Witness In Ibori's Sentencing by Basics007: 6:53am On Apr 18, 2012
When next JJ sees okocha i recommends he gives him a dirty slap. How can he be attributing his success to Ibori? How lower can this fash go?
Re: John Fashanu Appears As Character Witness In Ibori's Sentencing by Classicalman(m): 7:50am On Apr 18, 2012
My question is, DID IBORI BUILD THOSE STADIUMS (sic) WITH HIS FATHER'S MONEY OR WITH TAXPAYERS DOUGH Fashanu is just broke and needs some fast cash from the fat cat.
Re: John Fashanu Appears As Character Witness In Ibori's Sentencing by free2ryhme: 1:20pm On Apr 18, 2012
;Dit takes one to know one
Re: John Fashanu Appears As Character Witness In Ibori's Sentencing by Koolking(m): 1:38pm On Apr 18, 2012
Was this in any way helped Ibori's 13 years sentencing? Hell no! London is not Nigeria where anything goes. Unfortunately Ibori allowed his insidious atrocities to supersedes his good xter. His present predicament was avoidable. I think Ibori deserves what her bargained for. Let our wise foolish leaders leverage on his downfall to redirect their steps.
Re: John Fashanu Appears As Character Witness In Ibori's Sentencing by noiseless: 1:46pm On Apr 18, 2012
Jay Jay Okocha's name is too clean for a known YAHOO YAHOO Fashonu to carelessly drag his name into this case. Please leave Jay Jay or any other innocent person out of this.
Re: John Fashanu Appears As Character Witness In Ibori's Sentencing by Johnny(m): 2:08pm On Apr 18, 2012
John Fashanu is one useless Yoruba man looking for publicity at all cost &everywhere....he sucks!
Re: John Fashanu Appears As Character Witness In Ibori's Sentencing by goldenval(m): 2:47pm On Apr 18, 2012
yorke: God bless you Fashanu. Tell them all that Ibori is a good man and he is innocent.

Lmao!!! smiley yes oh oo
Re: John Fashanu Appears As Character Witness In Ibori's Sentencing by Nobody: 2:56pm On Apr 18, 2012
Even when you think a yoruba man is a saint he will rob you in broad day light. What a disgrace shocked, I believe Yaribas did more damage to Nigeria than the Hausas
Re: John Fashanu Appears As Character Witness In Ibori's Sentencing by Venchy: 2:58pm On Apr 18, 2012
Just to let my fellow Nigerians be aware of Run away Fashanu and he should be kicked out of Nigeria, he's only in Nigeria for the money as you can see.
Re: John Fashanu Appears As Character Witness In Ibori's Sentencing by Tropilo(m): 3:19pm On Apr 18, 2012
niddamugu: How relevant is Fashanu in Nigeria? When it mattered most he denied his country. I guess he wants a share of the "Ibori-loot".

Bros, its not true. Fash did not deny Nigeria. Fact is:
Fash was invited to the Eagles camp severally but he never got a shirt cos he could not displace Yekini, Siasia, Owobokiri etc. So when he got tired of warming the bench (im bom-bom almost catch fire), he then stopped coming to camp claiming that Keshi and his boys did not want him cos he was not part of their click and also could not speak our pigin as that was the "official" language in camp.
However, Fash is a dual citizen and in the British court system, its not uncommon to call a character witness during sentencing. The character witness usually is a respected/respectable fellow and he only comes to put in a few good words for the convict just to say the guy isn't all that bad, he has some good sides too. Okocha's name came up cos Okocha is from Delta state and presently the Vice Chair of DSC and seriously loved in Bolton and since the judge is a native of Bolton they used Okocha's name to touch his heart so that the "Thief Ona-na-thief Gems" Ibori could get a lighter sentence. It worked! The rogue was initially "officially" entitled to 25yrs.
Re: John Fashanu Appears As Character Witness In Ibori's Sentencing by Humphreydis(m): 3:34pm On Apr 18, 2012
fash is a bas.tard!...mk im help im Oga Ibori serve part of im jail term na...wat has building stadium got 2 wit corruption..Ewu!...IBORI d self acclaimed ODIDIGBORIGBO(meanin u dey look am he dey go) 1 of delta state,see he ended his thievin journey....Fash beta dnt cm back 2 naija o,find anoda country waka lost...
Re: John Fashanu Appears As Character Witness In Ibori's Sentencing by cgift(m): 4:54pm On Apr 18, 2012
Humphreydis: fash is a bas.tard!...mk im help im Oga Ibori serve part of im jail term na...wat has building stadium got 2 wit corruption..Ewu!...IBORI d self acclaimed ODIDIGBORIGBO(meanin u dey look am he dey go) 1 of delta state,see he ended his thievin journey....Fash beta dnt cm back 2 naija o,find anoda country waka lost...

grin

you people wont kill me with laughter on N'Land. Wetin you go do if the guy show for Lagos? D guy security details go beat shege for ur body. No go try urself o.
Re: John Fashanu Appears As Character Witness In Ibori's Sentencing by niddamugu(m): 6:31pm On Apr 18, 2012
Tropilo:

Fash was invited to the Eagles camp severally but he never got a shirt cos he could not displace Yekini, Siasia, Owobokiri etc. So when he got tired of warming the bench (im bom-bom almost catch fire), he then stopped coming to camp claiming that Keshi and his boys did not want him cos he was not part of their click and also could not speak our pigin as that was the "official" language in camp.
However, Fash is a dual citizen and in the British court system, its not uncommon to call a character witness during sentencing. The character witness usually is a respected/respectable fellow and he only comes to put in a few good words for the convict just to say the guy isn't all that bad, he has some good sides too. Okocha's name came up cos Okocha is from Delta state and presently the Vice Chair of DSC and seriously loved in Bolton and since the judge is a native of Bolton they used Okocha's name to touch his heart so that the "Thief Ona-na-thief Gems" Ibori could get a lighter sentence. It worked! The rogue was initially "officially" entitled to 25yrs.

In summary, you are on the winning side.... wink wink wink wink wink wink
Re: John Fashanu Appears As Character Witness In Ibori's Sentencing by kholis(m): 6:40pm On Apr 18, 2012
Fashanu is clueless thief too
Re: John Fashanu Appears As Character Witness In Ibori's Sentencing by chucky234(m): 6:51pm On Apr 18, 2012
I wanted to comment on this thread yesterday but decided to take my time to x-ray the entire Delta state to locate where the stadia were built as I am from Delta and know the state quite well despite being birth iand breed in Lagos.
Aside the Warri township stadium which was actually renovated as it has been in existence since the 80s (same goes for Austine Okocha stadium in Ogwashi-uku) there no single standard stadium built by Ibori in Delta state,John Fashanu is a criminal and should be jail as well.
Re: John Fashanu Appears As Character Witness In Ibori's Sentencing by Nobody: 9:59pm On Apr 18, 2012
John Fashanu has lost my respect. Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...!
Re: John Fashanu Appears As Character Witness In Ibori's Sentencing by Josh316(m): 10:36pm On Apr 18, 2012
A failed footballer defending a failed criminal... pathetic...
Re: John Fashanu Appears As Character Witness In Ibori's Sentencing by Josh316(m): 10:39pm On Apr 18, 2012
Tropilo:

Please where is it on record that he WARMED the bench on any match? or are u twisted that u dont understand that he DID NOT accept to play for Nigeria? He NEVER turned up when invited so dont twist history. haba angry
Re: John Fashanu Appears As Character Witness In Ibori's Sentencing by Nike93(f): 1:29pm On Apr 19, 2012
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

(1) (2) (Reply)

Onnoghen: PDP Is Sympathetic To Corruption, Says APC / Ibrahim Babangida: I Wanted To Be A Civil Engineer / Christian Governors In All Of South West & Lagos Becoming Extinct

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.