Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,001 members, 7,852,399 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:30 PM

Christians And Gambling - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians And Gambling (1943 Views)

Dont Be Deceived That Marijuana(igbo) And Gambling Is Not Forbidden In Islam / Christians And Politics / Christians And Moslems Can Be Friends! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Re: Christians And Gambling by LogicMind: 4:57pm On Apr 18, 2012
bigd4050:

That's an obnoxious statement. No one should ever work out then, or push themselves in any way. Some harm is good, if it is to help your body get stronger like tearing down your muscles. I have heard from plenty of people who practice anal sex that harm does come. I don't need the personal experience. Your holding a complete double standard about experience compared to what people tell you. Because I hold the stance of a Christian, I have to try it, yet you don't need to try heroine because other people think its harmful? What about the people who enjoy using it to get high? Shouldn't you try it for yourself, maybe you have a high tolerance for it and won't be affected? Your standard for me applies to you as well.

the bolded is what you were implying. NOT ME!
i can't start telling people not to take heroin because i don't take it. If they are rich and mature enough to buy heroin, they know what they are getting and if they no longer want it they should stop on their own. same with a'nal sex practitioners. none of my business. neither is it yours by the way, whatever your holy book might tell you.
Re: Christians And Gambling by bigd4050: 5:17pm On Apr 18, 2012
Logic Mind:

the bolded is what you were implying. NOT ME!
i can't start telling people not to take heroin because i don't take it. If they are rich and mature enough to buy heroin, they know what they are getting and if they no longer want it they should stop on their own. same with a'nal sex practitioners. none of my business. neither is it yours by the way, whatever your holy book might tell you.

You misunderstood me. I'm saying if we took your line of thought, no one should work out. I'm saying some pain is good for the body, it makes it stronger. Working out was my example.

You see, I understand what your saying, but as a Christian, I can't condone things that will bring harm like that. Neither of those things are beneficial. Heroine destroys you and anal sex brings harm. I'm not saying I'm gonna go around telling people that, its a rather small point in the spectrum of Christianity, but I won't say I agree with it either. Fair enough?
Re: Christians And Gambling by Okijajuju1(m): 5:21pm On Apr 18, 2012
bigd4050:

The reason his response is wrong is because he stated that "you can't know something unless you try it." Now he says "I can know something I haven't tried because other people tell me." That is a contradiction. The fact that anal sex is consentual and the others are not is irrelevant. They both WILL bring harm to the person the act is done to.

I am yet to read any medical journal or case study or findings that says a.nal sex is harmful to humans.

Like Logic Mind rightly pointed out, va.ginal sex is no different from a.nal sex. INFACT, I think va.ginal intrusion causes more damage than a.nal sex; A womans Va.gina is sealed with a hymen until it is penetrated, An anus has a natural elasticity hence it expands and contrasts on its own. A hymen once broken is irrepairable, an anus once poked leaves no wears or tears or scars.

Neither of them are harmful in any way especially when they are consentual. A woman whose first sexual experience is against her will (r.ape) suffers more wear and tear than one whose first time was consentual. FACT!! Same with a.nal, so consent is not irrelevant sir, cos if it is then even va.ginal sex brings harm to the person it is being done to as well.

INFACT, what harm befalls a person engaged in a.nal sex?! Enlighten us. . .

"You cannot know something unless you try it". . . FACT!! I have seen the effects of marijuana on many people in mylifetime, but the truth is that I never fully appreciated it until I became a somker myself. That was how I got to know that it wasnt addictive, didnt necessarily make a person violent and that its primary effects on a human being are; Hungry, happy, sleepy. Same applies to heroine, crack cocaine, speed and other such drugs. . I dont know their effect first hand because I havent tried it so I am not in a position to tell you its effects and whatever I tell you would be hearsay and should not be taken as fact.

Logic Mind:

There you go again. How do you know that a'nal sex brings harm. Any a'nal practitioner told you or is it from personal experience.
Secondly, if bringing harm makes something wrong in your opinion, then childbirth is wrong and vag.inal sex should not be practiced as it leads to childbirth pain and even death.

Yet another brilliant response from a Jedi Pastor. lol
Re: Christians And Gambling by Okijajuju1(m): 5:22pm On Apr 18, 2012
bigd4050:

You misunderstood me. I'm saying if we took your line of thought, no one should work out. I'm saying some pain is good for the body, it makes it stronger. Working out was my example.

You see, I understand what your saying, but as a Christian, I can't condone things that will bring harm like that. Neither of those things are beneficial. Heroine destroys you and anal sex brings harm. I'm not saying I'm gonna go around telling people that, its a rather small point in the spectrum of Christianity, but I won't say I agree with it either. Fair enough?

So I guess the pain from the tear of a hymen on a virgin is good as it makes her coohie stronger or what?!!

What harm does a.nal sex bring please?!
Re: Christians And Gambling by bigd4050: 5:27pm On Apr 18, 2012
Okija_juju:

So I guess the pain from the tear of a hymen on a virgin is good as it makes her coohie stronger or what?!!

What harm does a.nal sex bring please?!

Why don't you look it up instead of lapping up everything that LogicMind says? I shouldn't have to post obvious things that you can just look up. Some of the responsibility is on you to actually understand what is being said instead of demanding answers. Present a real counterargument and I would be happy to reply smiley
Re: Christians And Gambling by rhymz(m): 6:45pm On Apr 18, 2012
Okija_juju:

I am yet to read any medical journal or case study or findings that says a.nal sex is harmful to humans.

Like Logic Mind rightly pointed out, va.ginal sex is no different from a.nal sex. INFACT, I think va.ginal intrusion causes more damage than a.nal sex; A womans Va.gina is sealed with a hymen until it is penetrated, An anus has a natural elasticity hence it expands and contrasts on its own. A hymen once broken is irrepairable, an anus once poked leaves no wears or tears or scars.

Neither of them are harmful in any way especially when they are consentual. A woman whose first sexual experience is against her will (r.ape) suffers more wear and tear than one whose first time was consentual. FACT!! Same with a.nal, so consent is not irrelevant sir, cos if it is then even va.ginal sex brings harm to the person it is being done to as well.

INFACT, what harm befalls a person engaged in a.nal sex?! Enlighten us. . .

"You cannot know something unless you try it". . . FACT!! I have seen the effects of marijuana on many people in mylifetime, but the truth is that I never fully appreciated it until I became a somker myself. That was how I got to know that it wasnt addictive, didnt necessarily make a person violent and that its primary effects on a human being are; Hungry, happy, sleepy. Same applies to heroine, crack cocaine, speed and other such drugs. . I dont know their effect first hand because I havent tried it so I am not in a position to tell you its effects and whatever I tell you would be hearsay and should not be taken as fact.

Yet another brilliant response from a Jedi Pastor. lol

Guy you are writing utter rubbish and please don't even try to pass your hypothesis as fact, it is understandable if you like a.nal $ex and do not like the fact that it is harmful, however, facts are stubborns things.
Contrary to what you like to believe, behind base s.ex is by no any safer means equally or less harmful than conventional intimacy or even oral intimacy.
Fact is friction is more of an issue during anal sex because the lining of the anus is more delicate and produces less natural lubricant than the vagina. As a result, the lining of the rectum is more susceptible to wear and tear. Because faeces that pass through the rectum contain bacteria, any tear in the lining is at risk of getting infected. Lining tears may lead to other problems such as an anal abscess, which can make transmission of STIs and HIV more likely. This is why unprotected anal $.ex is often considered riskier than unprotected oral or vag.inal $ex. In extreme cases, a tear in the lining can develop into a fissure (a larger tear or crack) and may extend outside of the bowel. This is called a fistula and it is a significant medical issue because it allows faeces to pass outside of the bowel, and requires major surgery to repair. Additionally, there is some suggestion that anal $.ex may worsen existing hemorrhoids , so you may want to carefully consider anal sex activities if you have them.
Re: Christians And Gambling by LogicMind: 7:08pm On Apr 18, 2012
bigd4050:

Please tell me how v.aginal sex is more beneficial than a.nal sex?
Thanks.
Re: Christians And Gambling by Okijajuju1(m): 9:49pm On Apr 18, 2012
rhymz: Guy you are writing utter rubbish and please don't even try to pass your hypothesis as fact, it is understandable if you like a.nal $ex and do not like the fact that it is harmful, however, facts are stubborns things.
Contrary to what you like to believe, behind base s.ex is by no any safer means equally or less harmful than conventional intimacy or even oral intimacy.
Fact is friction is more of an issue during anal sex because the lining of the anus is more delicate and produces less natural lubricant than the vagina. As a result, the lining of the rectum is more susceptible to wear and tear. Because faeces that pass through the rectum contain bacteria, any tear in the lining is at risk of getting infected. Lining tears may lead to other problems such as an anal abscess, which can make transmission of STIs and HIV more likely. This is why unprotected anal $.ex is often considered riskier than unprotected oral or vag.inal $ex. In extreme cases, a tear in the lining can develop into a fissure (a larger tear or crack) and may extend outside of the bowel. This is called a fistula and it is a significant medical issue because it allows faeces to pass outside of the bowel, and requires major surgery to repair. Additionally, there is some suggestion that anal $.ex may worsen existing hemorrhoids , so you may want to carefully consider anal sex activities if you have them.

medical journal:
What is a fistula?
Generally speaking, a fistula is a small tunnel or tract that connects one surface in the body to another. Fistulas can occur at different places in the body. When one occurs between the internal anal canal and the exterior skin of the body near the anus, it is called an a.nal fistula. When one occurs between the rectum and the va.gina, it is called a recto-vaginal fistula.

What causes an a.nal fistula?
An a.nal fistula is usually caused by an a.nal abscess, an infection-filled cavity occurring in the underlying tissues of the anal canal. When an abscess bursts or is opened, and the pus or fluid drains from it, an anal fistula is often formed. It then remains open, even after the abscess has healed.
If you have an inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)—such as diverticulitis, colitis, or Crohn’s—you are more likely to develop an anal abscess and fistula. Individuals with diseases that reduce the body’s immunity—such as AIDS or cancer—are also at a higher risk.

Does an abscess always result in an a.nal fistula?
Many a.nal abscesses do not result in anal fistulas. In fact, a fistula develops in only about half of all anal abscess cases.

What causes a recto-vaginal fistula?
Most recto-vaginal fistulas result from an injury to the perineum (the area of tissue between the vagina and the rectum) during childbirth. However, they can also be caused by radiation treatment, inflammatory bowel diseases or vaginal or rectal surgeries.

Emphasis on most Va.gina fistula are caused by childbirth. . .

Wikipedia:

Causes

It is often caused by childbirth (in which case it is known as an obstetric fistula), when a prolonged labor presses the unborn child tightly against the pelvis, cutting off blood flow to the vesicovaginal wall. The affected tissue may necrotize (die), leaving a hole.
Vaginal fistulas can also result from violent rape. This injury has become common in some war zones, where rape is used as a weapon against female civilians. As a result, some health centers in countries such as the Democratic Republic of Congo have begun to specialize in the surgical repair of vaginal fistulas.
It can also be associated with hysterectomy,[1] and cone biopsy.

Yet again. . . Child Birth and rape. . I wonder if my post which you quoted still sounds like nonsense or are you starting to get the picture. . .

SO if these article like many are correct, fistula occurences are more due to childbirth (which is a by-product of va.ginal sex) than they are to a.nal sex. . . BUT Hymen breakage which is a permanent damage to the vag.ina due to penetration does not occur with anal sex. . Weakening of the va.gina muscles (wear and tear) also occurs in many women as a result of childbirth and even making love to men with enormous phaluses . This occurence is way higher as a result of childbirth and such than they are caused by a.nal sex . . SO!! whats your point again?! Friction is also a problem with some women who engage in conventional sex (Va.gina). But most people who indulge in a.nal sex know the need for lubricants. Rape has been pointed to as a cause of va.gina fistula and you and I know that most women are rap.ed by their husbands and boyfriends atleast once in their lives.

So what exactly was the rubbish in my post again?! Do remind me as I cant seem to find it. . . .

Deacon Alusi Okija
Re: Christians And Gambling by Okijajuju1(m): 9:51pm On Apr 18, 2012
bigd4050:

Why don't you look it up instead of lapping up everything that LogicMind says? I shouldn't have to post obvious things that you can just look up. Some of the responsibility is on you to actually understand what is being said instead of demanding answers. Present a real counterargument and I would be happy to reply smiley

Dude!!

You have no answers. . . Every question and point you have raised, I have answered them all with supporting facts and points.

Answer my friggin questions and stop dancing atilogwu
Re: Christians And Gambling by PastorAIO: 10:12pm On Apr 18, 2012
Somebody should please lock this thread or transfer it to the sexuality section or health section. It is disgusting me and I don't see the connection with religion.
Re: Christians And Gambling by LogicMind: 10:26pm On Apr 18, 2012
Pastor AIO: Somebody should please lock this thread or transfer it to the sexuality section or health section. It is disgusting me and I don't see the connection with religion.
yes o.
the thread is completely derailed.

(1) (2)

Divine Remembrance / Pope Hugs Little Girl Who Askedhim Why God Allows Little Girlsbecome Prostitutes / Things We should know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.