Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,488 members, 7,857,839 topics. Date: Wednesday, 12 June 2024 at 03:53 AM

Is Nigeria Really Poor - With The Billions Of Looted Funds Flying Around? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Nigeria Really Poor - With The Billions Of Looted Funds Flying Around? (1444 Views)

Gauck Advised Buhari To Use Illegal Means To Recover Looted Funds -PremiumTimes / Faces Of The Officers That Allegedly Mismanaged, Diverted And Looted $2.1b / How Buhari’s TSA Saved Nigeria Billions Of Naira - Daily Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Nigeria Really Poor - With The Billions Of Looted Funds Flying Around? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Apr 17, 2012
I'm going to compile a list of all the monies looted by some of our leaders - and that's just a fraction of what they looted. I guess politics is the most lucrative business in Nigeria.
Re: Is Nigeria Really Poor - With The Billions Of Looted Funds Flying Around? by Nobody: 8:57pm On Apr 17, 2012
1. Bode George N100 billion

2. Saminu Turaki N36 billion

3.Patrick Fernandez N32 billion

4, Tom Isegholi, Mohammed Buba and Mike Okoli N15 billion

7. Kenny Martins N7.7 billion

8. Rasheed Ladoja N6 billion

9. Roland Iyayi N5.6 billion

10. Babalola Borishade N5.6 billion

11. Eider George N5.6 billion

12. Chimaroke Nnamani N5.3 billion

13-22. Senator Nicholas Ugbane and nine others [1. Ndudi Elumelu,2. Mohammed Jibo, House of Representatives Committee Chairman on Rural Development, 3. Paulinus Igwe, 4. Sam Gekpe, Managing Director of the Rural Electrification Agency (REA), 5. Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Power, Aliyu Abdullahi, 6. Abdulsamad Jahun, 7. Kayode Oyedeji 8. Simon Nanle 9. Lawrence Orekoya - All members of the House of Representatives and/or Ministry N5.2billion

23. Orji Uzor Kalu N5 billion

24. Nyeson Wike N4.7 billion,

25-28. Jim Ovia, Olakunle Orupe, Kanu Chimezie, and Patrick Okagwu [4 senior Bank Managers ] N3.6 billion

29. Michael Botmang N1.5 billion

30-36. Ransome Owan(Chairman) and 6 others: Abdul-Rahman Ado (Vice-Chairman and Commissioner, Market Competition and Pricing); Muhammed Baba Gana Bunu (Finance and Support Services); Prof. O.C. Iloeje (Research and Development); Dr. Muhammed Alimi Abdul-Rasaq (Legal, Licensing and Enforcement); Abimbola Odubiyi (Engineering Standards and Safety); and Dr. Grace Eyoma (Government and Consumer Affairs). N1.5 billion

37-40. Molkat Mutfwang and 3 others [Michael Mtonga Aule, Dr. Andrew Ekpanobi, and a contractor, Alexander John Cozma, his company, Intermarkets USA LLC,]
Universal Basic Education Commission, UBEC N636 million

41. Femi-Fani-Kayode N250 million

42. Jolly Nyame N180 million

43. Boni Haruna N93 million

44. Dr. Albert Ikomi N43 million,

45. Dr. Yuguda Manu N17.5 million

46. Senator Iyabo Obasanjo N10 million

47. James Ibori $250 million = N5 billion

Even foreigners shared part of the loot smh.

To be continued...
Re: Is Nigeria Really Poor - With The Billions Of Looted Funds Flying Around? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Apr 17, 2012
Page 2...

Re: Is Nigeria Really Poor - With The Billions Of Looted Funds Flying Around? by Revolva(m): 9:09pm On Apr 17, 2012
NIGERIA IS A FAILED NATION.......NOTHING MORE TO SAY ABOUT IT
Re: Is Nigeria Really Poor - With The Billions Of Looted Funds Flying Around? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Apr 17, 2012
Revolva: NIGERIA IS A FAILED NATION.......NOTHING MORE TO SAY ABOUT IT

I need to take my share of the loot - before the country goes into abyss... I'm surprised the country still exist, after looking at the amount of money that has been sucked out of it.
Re: Is Nigeria Really Poor - With The Billions Of Looted Funds Flying Around? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Apr 17, 2012
The index for measuring the wealth or poverty of a nation is GDP per capita. Nigeria's figure stands at barely 2000 USD as opposed to the global average of nearly 10000 USD. On that basis, Nigeria is a poor country.

Besides, when we convert these sums to dollars and compare with similar-sized developing economies, its no longer mind-boggling. I'm not justifying looting, I'm just saying they have made a poor country poorer.
Re: Is Nigeria Really Poor - With The Billions Of Looted Funds Flying Around? by bittyend(m): 11:20pm On Apr 24, 2012
Interesting topic.

The country is in abyss. Nigeria stinks of poo..*covers nose*
Re: Is Nigeria Really Poor - With The Billions Of Looted Funds Flying Around? by Nobody: 12:09am On Apr 25, 2012
HNosegbe: The index for measuring the wealth or poverty of a nation is GDP per capita. Nigeria's figure stands at barely 2000 USD as opposed to the global average of nearly 10000 USD. On that basis, Nigeria is a poor country.

Besides, when we convert these sums to dollars and compare with similar-sized developing economies, its no longer mind-boggling. I'm not justifying looting, I'm just saying they have made a poor country poorer.
Thanks for helping ♏έ out. In the USA, states like Nevada and California are probably wealthier than west Africa, yes the whole region. And Carlifornia has more oil than Nigeria. You need to compare the budget of local councils with the Nigerian budget, in the end, you will see how poor a country Nigeria is.

(1) (Reply)

NUPENG To PDP: You're Nigeria's Greatest Problem / Army Kills Boko Haram Spokeman, Abu Qaqa In Kano / Afam4eva: Who Owns Portharcourt?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.