Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:01 AM

“1st Yoruba Movie Academy Awards 2012 : The Nominees Are..." - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / “1st Yoruba Movie Academy Awards 2012 : The Nominees Are..." (15201 Views)

Photos From The Africa Movie Academy Awards 2015 / Full List Of 2015 African Movie Academy Awards (AMAA) Nominees / Photos From The Star-studded Africa Movie Academy Awards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “1st Yoruba Movie Academy Awards 2012 : The Nominees Are..." by Nobody: 4:05am On Apr 19, 2012
Ejiné: "Yollywood"? Seriously, YOLLYWOOD!!? shocked
I swear, this is all Bombay's fault cry. If those guys hadn't copied Hollywood into "Bollywood", these our Godforsaken Nigerian brothers wouldn't have gone on overdrive, making that nonsensical thing called "Nollywood", quickly followed by "Kannywood" (Hausa film industry), and this total mess called "Yollywood", and our Ghanaian brothers wouldn't have followd suit to make "Ghallywood". cry

Maybe we should also establish the film industry in Asaba as AssyWood?
Shiit, shiit, shiit, shiit, SHIIT!!!!
afam4eva:

Do you know that in India there is Bollywwod, Kollywood and other woods but Bollywood is the most popular because it the the hindi's own film industry while the Tamils have Kollywood. I see no reason why we can't have Yollywood, hausawood, ijawwood, calabarwood or OsisiNgwa. Nollywood will still remain the numero uno.
Toaskarity: Why is there yollwood and hausawood, are some
Ppl scared of competition in nollywood? Soon when
Edo's will conquer nollywood then you will hear
Some start giving igbowood awrd too!
All this sponsors,actors and actress should be
Under nollywood(it doesn't mean you can't
speak ur language in the movie) . Atimes I wonder
how most ppl on nl will always blame igbos of
wanting to divide nigeria where else they re the
Ones that unite this country more than anybody.
Pls don't insult me for saying my mind, you can
Ignore it.

You guys should calm down and stop fidgeting. I thought that you guys tolerate good with competition (since you're seeing Yolllywood a possible competition for Nollywood) , why is this so hard to accept?

So the name Nollywood is acceptable and not Yollywood? Potato potata. . . . I support anything that builds up the Yoruba movie industry. Maybe such awards can actually stimulate better acting, better plot, more diverse customers etc etc.

Building up both Nollywood and Yollywood will atleast generate some kind of revenue for Nigeria.
Re: “1st Yoruba Movie Academy Awards 2012 : The Nominees Are..." by juman(m): 6:31am On Apr 19, 2012
BEST ACTOR IN A LEADING ROLE
• Odunlade Adekola
Re: “1st Yoruba Movie Academy Awards 2012 : The Nominees Are..." by Nobody: 10:18am On Apr 19, 2012
The Correct Name Would have been JUJU AWARD then yoruba movies industry called JUJUWOOD grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: “1st Yoruba Movie Academy Awards 2012 : The Nominees Are..." by Bodmas06: 11:12am On Apr 19, 2012
Best Actor in a leading role Odunlade Adekola all d way.
Re: “1st Yoruba Movie Academy Awards 2012 : The Nominees Are..." by Nobody: 2:01pm On Apr 19, 2012
afam4eva:

Do you know that in India there is Bollywwod, Kollywood and other woods but Bollywood is the most popular because it the the hindi's own film industry while the Tamils have Kollywood. I see no reason why we can't have Yollywood, hausawood, ijawwood, calabarwood or OsisiNgwa. Nollywood will still remain the numero uno.

Anyway you right but I think all this should join together to compete under nollywood. Thank you
Re: “1st Yoruba Movie Academy Awards 2012 : The Nominees Are..." by Nobody: 2:04pm On Apr 19, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

You guys should calm down and stop fidgeting. I thought that you guys tolerate good with competition (since you're seeing Yolllywood a possible competition for Nollywood) , why is this so hard to accept?

So the name Nollywood is acceptable and not Yollywood? Potato potata. . . . I support anything that builds up the Yoruba movie industry. Maybe such awards can actually stimulate better acting, better plot, more diverse customers etc etc.

Building up both Nollywood and Yollywood will atleast generate some kind of revenue for Nigeria.

Lol at competition, how does it compete with nollywood. I don't even watch both
but for sure yollywood is only for yorubas? No? I wonder what competition than
division of "my own" in nigeria
Re: “1st Yoruba Movie Academy Awards 2012 : The Nominees Are..." by sapien(m): 2:18pm On Apr 19, 2012
Ejiné: "Yollywood"? Seriously, YOLLYWOOD!!? shocked
I swear, this is all Bombay's fault cry. If those guys hadn't copied Hollywood into "Bollywood", these our Godforsaken Nigerian brothers wouldn't have gone on overdrive, making that nonsensical thing called "Nollywood", quickly followed by "Kannywood" (Hausa film industry), and this total mess called "Yollywood", and our Ghanaian brothers wouldn't have followd suit to make "Ghallywood". cry

Maybe we should also establish the film industry in Asaba as AssyWood?
Shiit, shiit, shiit, shiit, SHIIT!!!!
*falls from coconut tree*
Re: “1st Yoruba Movie Academy Awards 2012 : The Nominees Are..." by sapien(m): 2:20pm On Apr 19, 2012
Phonon: I hope there is a category for "Worst English Sub-Titles?"
"I haf bin calling him and he did not peak.Why is he not peaking?"
*SMH*
*falls from 35 storey building*
Re: “1st Yoruba Movie Academy Awards 2012 : The Nominees Are..." by buoye1(m): 11:36am On Apr 20, 2012
juman: MOST PROMISING ACTOR
• Bisi Komolafe
i sukkomb

(1) (2) (Reply)

Big Brother House Found:official Launch Date Is October 5th / Top Sites For Tv Series Download / Bbnaija - Cee-c Should Be In Zamfara Zoo - Man Slams The Controversial Housemate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.