Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,040 members, 7,818,085 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

How To Do Employee Verification - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Do Employee Verification (1108 Views)

Push CV Elite Employee Quest 2015 / Push CV Elite Employee Quest 2015 / Major Differences Between An Entrepreneur And An Employee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Do Employee Verification by Kobojunkie: 5:48pm On Apr 18, 2012
Would like to hire someone but in need of a straight forward way of verifying the employees Record. Listed on the resume are various past employees,but how do I verify that the businesses even exist so I am not swindled? Also, is there a way to verify an potential employee's criminal record?
Re: How To Do Employee Verification by gulfer: 6:44am On Jun 07, 2012
replying this very late, if you are still in need of one; send me a PM on the profile email link.
Re: How To Do Employee Verification by Myself2(m): 9:10am On Jun 07, 2012
Simples
Get a trusted policeman to put calls through to those places he listed as places of previous work experience and the listed references.Arrange for the police officer and your aide to go do physical verification of the above.

Of course,you will spend some money.The only other option is just go ahead and hire the applicant and hope for the best
Re: How To Do Employee Verification by chinweuche(m): 10:44pm On Jun 07, 2012
If u ar tryin 2 verify d data of som1 who claims 2 hav workd in som organizatns outlined in d cv, u hav 2 b careful abt it so u dnt spoil things 4 urself and d applicant. D company u ar tryin 2 contact may nt b hapi wit his resignatn or depature. It may b dat d company recently changd its structure and had its past employees' records formated/re-archived especially, the one-man business. My broda once made dis mistake of contactin d former employer of d guy he wantd 2 hire and was shocked @ d ruthless remarks d employer made abt d guy. My broda called d line back and dis tym a lady picked and said d name of d guy is nt in their past employees' records, he nevr workd here. My broda was confused and terminatd d guy's appointment. Aftr a week, my broda's frnd visited d office and saw dis guy's cv on d desk. He started recommendin d guy to my broda as d right person and even mentiond d same company my broda previously contactd as d place he met d guy as full tym staff. Dat's hw we lost him. It's nt necessary 2 verify but wen it involves money/business/partnership it's better to track his origin(home, contact address, family etc). I hav seen where a guy wit little experience frm a small company, included big companies(dou, he revealed dat 2 me), and performd better dan his colleagues dat came 4rm shell, chevron etc den got promoted. So, it's nt abt where u'v workd, it's d function of ur interview performance and ur ability 2 do d work u applied for. If u don't perform, u wil b fired. If u as employer, doubt d ability of a job candidate who passed d interview, u can place him on probation or refuse 2 employ him. D choice is urs!

(1) (Reply)

Basic Computer Programs EVERYONE Should Know At Their Fingertips But Always Do / PTDF Past Questions / Pls Who Knws How Much Waec Pays.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.