Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,226 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:02 AM

UK Visas -some Handy Tips - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Visas -some Handy Tips (2433 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / UKBA Staff Are Rejecting African Visas Unfairly - Independent Report / Fg Waives Visas For Nationals Of Kenya, Seychelles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UK Visas -some Handy Tips by gladostix: 11:05pm On Apr 18, 2012
Re: UK Visas -some Handy Tips by kaffy4tope(m): 3:35am On Apr 19, 2012
Thanks for willing to help others, here are my questions.
How can I relocate to the UK, d rquiremnts and documents needed.

2: Is it still possible to be a british citizen even with a visiting visa?
Re: UK Visas -some Handy Tips by franknero488: 10:19pm On Apr 19, 2012
In the form, after I select self employed, it asks for " name of the company or organization you work for" but I don't have any company registered nor do I work for a company, I just trade stocks and forex through my broker.....so how do I fill this?

Also it is asking "what is your work address" but I trade forex at my house, since all I need a functional computer and Internet access and for stocks I just call my broker or send him a mandate by email

Also " what are your employers telephone number and email address" do I put my broker's details or leave them blank,
Re: UK Visas -some Handy Tips by gladostix: 10:50am On Apr 20, 2012
Re: UK Visas -some Handy Tips by gladostix: 10:51am On Apr 20, 2012
Re: UK Visas -some Handy Tips by chelseabmw(m): 3:14pm On Apr 20, 2012
Watching Closely
Re: UK Visas -some Handy Tips by ohkingdavid(m): 11:13pm On Apr 22, 2012
@ Poster, thanks for your post and attempt to help people; The problem in naija is that a lot of peeps come online to make lots of claim of what they can't and don't do and that has made so many people not know who to trust any longer.
However, you have not asked for anything (at least not yet) from people in the forum. If I may ask you,
1. If I have an opportunity to get a visitor's visa to the UK and plan to remain there, how will I survive, get a job and is it possible to find helpers as I don't know any one there who can accommodate me?
2. Is it possible to school in UK when you didn't enter with a student visa (as someone told me one cant school in the UK if you didn't get a student visa from your country.
3. Can one travel out of the UK before the visa expires just in case you don't find a job on time?
Thanks to revert if possible let me have your email address so we can talk more.
Re: UK Visas -some Handy Tips by gladostix: 1:19pm On Apr 23, 2012
Re: UK Visas -some Handy Tips by justwise(m): 1:42pm On Apr 23, 2012
gladostix: @ohkingdavid. I understand what you mean by saying that but I think that you should take hold of every opportunity and not think everyone is a 419!. I WILL NEVER ASK YOU FOR MONEY! I just taught that I could help someone with useful advise but i am afraid to say a lot of things here because anyone can read it and I wouldnt dare put my details here just in case, u know, so I'd planned to get a sim card only for the purpose of taking questions from people at least to give advise that will be matched to their personnal circumstances. It's just that I was too busy last week, I am preparing my students for their GCSEs exams, so too busy at work. But i will see what happens this week.
Cheers.

If the advice you are willing to give people here is legitimate then why are you afraid to say it here?

I thought you started this to give people 'tips' on how to move to the UK? Now the questions are flooding in you decided to drop your email address and getting a sim-card to take calls?
Re: UK Visas -some Handy Tips by Lexusgs430: 3:21am On Apr 24, 2012
gladostix: @ohkingdavid. I understand what you mean by saying that but I think that you should take hold of every opportunity and not think everyone is a 419!. I WILL NEVER ASK YOU FOR MONEY! I just taught that I could help someone with useful advise but i am afraid to say a lot of things here because anyone can read it and I wouldnt dare put my details here just in case, u know, so I'd planned to get a sim card only for the purpose of taking questions from people at least to give advise that will be matched to their personnal circumstances. It's just that I was too busy last week, I am preparing my students for their GCSEs exams, so too busy at work. But i will see what happens this week.
Cheers.

If you claim to be a teacher how come words like, taught instead of thought is used inappropriately ?
I pity those poor students !!!!
Re: UK Visas -some Handy Tips by gladostix: 4:42am On Apr 24, 2012
Re: UK Visas -some Handy Tips by justwise(m): 9:14am On Apr 24, 2012
gladostix: My dearest brother/sister,
The use of 'taught' instead 'thought' is an error on my part and for that; I apologise. I didn't read through before posting; I would have corrected it. Also, I only thought of taking calls/emails for a few reasons:
1. Someone had asked for my email address.
2. Just in case anyone wants to ask questions that they didnt want to share here.
3. If along the line, I find someone who needs an invitation letter for a genuine purpose, then I can very willingly give an invitation and I can only do that by talking with the person on the phone and by the grace of God my invitation letter never fails to get a visa because 'I walk by faith and not by sight'.
4. I can give the best advice when I really know a person's situation and see some evidence of what they have so that the advice I give will the best one.
5. By God's grace we (my husband and I)own our house here in the UK so are able to provide temporary accommodation if needs be.
6. For those with student visas, we can help to organize very, very cheap accommodation especially if their University is located within our region of the UK, etc.
7. Apart from Visas I can give help(100% free) with writing Internationally acceptable CVs and Personal Statements for School places as well as job applications here in the UK. This is because many people from back home send several applications for jobs in the UK but never get any response because their CVs are very sub-standard. So I can give help in this area.
8. There are some students and even graduates in Nigeria who are so intelligent -they are actually gifted and talented but they have never been identified as such so if through conversations and seeing their results, I realise that they are G&T, I can advise them on how to enrol for International exams, I can even register them if they are under the age of 18 (because they will need a UK address and I will use mine). Then give them support on how to prepare for these exams and then if they are successful, they can obtain scholarships to go unto Universities or if they are graduates; they can be admitted into some government-sponsored research programs at designated Universities.
9. I can provide materials and support for schools to enable them prepare their students for these exams and several others.

All of these have come out of 14 years of teaching and research. I believe that I have so much to offer by God's grace.

These and many more are the areas that I can help as the Lord enables me, so that was why I thought that emails or calls will be better. However, if your questions are just general, and you post them here, I will answer them as much as I can.

You are my brothers and sisters and I do this from a pure heart just to be of help, The Lord sees my heart. God bless you!

If you managed to know 5-10 people here personally through your 'private' phone calls and they needed a IV will you give them?

Why would you be the one to provide schools material to prepare their students for exams? In what capacity are you doing that?

You may have alot to offer but i think you are over exaggerating what you can do.

Can you start by answering [b]ohkingdavid's[/b]questions here because this what many have being doing here for the past 4yrs or so?

There is no need to start call centre because of this, lets keep it open and fair to everybody.
Re: UK Visas -some Handy Tips by gladostix: 4:30pm On Apr 24, 2012
Re: UK Visas -some Handy Tips by justwise(m): 7:39pm On Apr 24, 2012
ohkingdavid: @ Poster, thanks for your post and attempt to help people; The problem in naija is that a lot of peeps come online to make lots of claim of what they can't and don't do and that has made so many people not know who to trust any longer.
However, you have not asked for anything (at least not yet) from people in the forum. If I may ask you,
1. If I have an opportunity to get a visitor's visa to the UK and plan to remain there, how will I survive, get a job and is it possible to find helpers as I don't know any one there who can accommodate me?
2. Is it possible to school in UK when you didn't enter with a student visa (as someone told me one cant school in the UK if you didn't get a student visa from your country.
3. Can one travel out of the UK before the visa expires just in case you don't find a job on time?
Thanks to revert if possible let me have your email address so we can talk more.

If you entered the UK with visiting visa you are not allowed to work, any employer that employs you will be breaking the law and will be fined £5,000 or £10,000 and you will be deported.

You can't study with visiting visa and getting admission is pretty easy right from Nigeria.

Sure you can leave the UK any time even if you overstayed your visa you will still be allowed to leave but you will be questioned and maybe served a paper for overstaying your visa.

Appealing visa refusal is no more free, £80 for paper hearing and £140 for oral hearing.

1 Like

Re: UK Visas -some Handy Tips by Kenkenny1: 7:42pm On Apr 24, 2012
@gladostix,pls can i ve your email add? My is gkenny13@yahoo.com.
Re: UK Visas -some Handy Tips by gladostix: 6:52am On Apr 25, 2012
Re: UK Visas -some Handy Tips by justwise(m): 7:53am On Apr 25, 2012
gladostix: @ohkingdavid,
if you apply for a job and the employer sees that you have all the qualification and skills they need, they will employ you even with a visiting visa BUT you will not be able to start work until 1. they obtain a work permit for you (now has to be in one of the tiers). Then 2. you will need to return to your home country to have that new visa stamped on your passport for you to re-entre the UK and take up the employment. This is exactly what happened to me. I got my job on my visiting visa, with just 2 months left to expire. But I am a Maths/Science teacher and teachers are in high demand in the UK even up until now, so are nurses, health care workers, see this website for the other jobs that in shortage in the UK. This website gives a very comprehensive list and explains the different workpermit tiers etc. http://www.workpermit.com/uk/tier-2-visa-national-shortage-occupation-list.htm.

That is misleading info, the employer will not obtain work permit for him, he will not even stand a chance of going for an interview IF he does not have the right to work in the UK, applying for a skill job with visiting visa is breaking his visa rule to start with.
What employers give to those who have the right to work in the UK is certificate of sponsorship then that is what you use to apply for working visa and it does not guarantee you a visa.

If by random check gladostix is caught with his CVs at the POE while on visiting visa, chances are he will be deported and his visa cancelled.
Re: UK Visas -some Handy Tips by tayoTFC(m): 12:12pm On Apr 25, 2012
is misleading info, the employer will not obtain work permit for him, he will not even stand a chance of going for an interview IF he does not have the right to work in the UK, applying for a skill job with visiting visa is breaking his visa rule to start with.
What employers give to those who have the right to work in the UK is certificate of sponsorship then that is what you use to apply for working visa and it does not guarantee you a visa.

If by random check gladostix is caught with his CVs at the POE while on visiting visa, chances are he will be deported and his visa cancelled.[s]is misleading info, the employer will not obtain work permit for him, he will not even stand a chance of going for an interview IF he does not have the right to work in the UK, applying for a skill job with visiting visa is breaking his visa rule to start with.

If by random check gladostix is caught with his CVs at the POE while on visiting visa, chances are he will be deported and his visa cancelled.[/s]is misleading info, the employer will not obtain work permit for him, he will not even stand a chance of going for an interview IF he does not have the right to work in the UK, applying for a skill job with visiting visa is breaking his visa rule to start with.

If by random check gladostix is caught with his CVs at the POE while on visiting visa, chances are he will be deported and his visa cancelled.

u are the one misleading the poster. the gladostix make refernce to his own case and u still fault his claim are u working in uk immigration that u will know all the rule of the game...@justwise ...be wife enof to learn from othe people experience...
my colleuge in DELOITTE travel to UK with tourism visa then when uk is issuing 2yr visa for first timer 2004, the guy stay for 3month an got job with a small AUDIT FIRM in uk the guy return to Deloitte nigeria with the employment letter and other necesarry document.both the coy and the guy apply for the permit and was issue....the guy resign from deloitte and travel after the permit is granted....
Re: UK Visas -some Handy Tips by justwise(m): 1:13pm On Apr 25, 2012
tayoTFC: is misleading info, the employer will not obtain work permit for him, he will not even stand a chance of going for an interview IF he does not have the right to work in the UK, applying for a skill job with visiting visa is breaking his visa rule to start with.

If by random check gladostix is caught with his CVs at the POE while on visiting visa, chances are he will be deported and his visa cancelled.[s]is misleading info, the employer will not obtain work permit for him, he will not even stand a chance of going for an interview IF he does not have the right to work in the UK, applying for a skill job with visiting visa is breaking his visa rule to start with.

If by random check gladostix is caught with his CVs at the POE while on visiting visa, chances are he will be deported and his visa cancelled.[/s]is misleading info, the employer will not obtain work permit for him, he will not even stand a chance of going for an interview IF he does not have the right to work in the UK, applying for a skill job with visiting visa is breaking his visa rule to start with.

u are the one misleading the poster. the gladostix make refernce to his own case and u still fault his claim are u working in uk immigration that u will know all the rule of the game...@justwise ...be wife enof to learn from othe people experience...
my colleuge in DELOITTE travel to UK with tourism visa then when uk is issuing 2yr visa for first timer 2004, the guy stay for 3month an got job with a small AUDIT FIRM in uk the guy return to Deloitte nigeria with the employment letter and other necesarry document.both the coy and the guy apply for the permit and was issue....the guy resign from deloitte and travel after the permit is granted....

I would have expected you to do a little bit of research about this before jumping in to accuse me of misleading the poster. Since you are still living in 2004 immigration law, let me remind you that since 2004 UK work visa law has changed more than 2x.
No employer gets you work permit, what they will give you is certificate of sponsorship then you go to your home country to apply for work permit but there is no guarantee that you will get one.

That said. Whoever wants to travel to the UK with visiting visa and apply for job should go ahead and learn from the experience.
I don't work with the immigration and you don't need to work there to be able to read and understand simple immigration rules.
Re: UK Visas -some Handy Tips by gladostix: 10:50am On Apr 26, 2012
@tayoTFC,
Thank you for your post. I will like to share a story to further butress your point. About a year ago, someone approached me to help him get a school place for the child and I agreed. This child was just 13 years old. I told him to get a visiting visa for the child and he did. But a lot of people told him that the UK law has changed so it will be impossible to get the child into school. I told him to ignore them. So he decided to ask another person living in London and this person told him that the only school the child can attend is a private school where they charge about £25,000 a year. When he told me I told him that while that is true, I live outside of London and I know of some private schools that will take less than that in my part of the UK, he decided to trust me.
So the first school I found said school fees was £27,000. Then on further search, I found one that charges £11,000 so he said I should apply for that one. I did but the child failed the entrance exam. In desperation I began to do more research until I found a Catholic school that charges only £5,500!. More so, they dont do any entrance exam, as long as the child will have a guardian living in the same area as the school (and that would be me), this child could pay the £5,500. When this man told his friend in London, the friend said it was a lie that no private school in the whole of the UK charges such low school fees. So I invited both of them to come with me to the school, they did and the friend was so shocked to find out that this was true.
So the school took a deposit of just £100, gave us all the forms and documents that we needed for the student visa application, the child went to Nigeria and within 4 weeks, got student visa and 2 months later travelled down to resume at this private school. I was able to negotiate payment of fees in installments. So this man was very grateful.
Yes, there are laws in the UK and they are constantly reviewed but to each of these laws and rules, there are different ways of approach.

So the issue of deportation can never happen to me unless I outrightly break the law. I have since obtained further leave to remain, Indefinite leave to remain and then British Citizenship and each of these applications took at least 2-4 months to fall through because they needed to do all the necessary checks, so with all these checks, they would have found that I did something wrong since, in'it?

What ever you want to do, seek advise but do your own thorough checks so that you will get the best bargain.
Thank you.
Re: UK Visas -some Handy Tips by shineno: 1:36pm On Apr 26, 2012
In section 6.3 of the tourist visa form, it states have u ever been refused a visa for any country?
I was refused a tourist visa for the USA but I don't know the exact date and month but I know it was year 2007. Also can't recall the exact reason but I know d interviewer did say because I hadn't travelled out to countries very far from my home country.....how do I solve this?
Re: UK Visas -some Handy Tips by gladostix: 3:19pm On Apr 26, 2012
@shineno, you will need to state the reason that you can remember and as for stating the exact date, I will get back to you on that shortly.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Passport Holders Don’t Need Visas To Visit These 44 Countries! / Beautiful Christmas Decoration On Zenith Street V.I [PHOTO] / Lagos To Ibadan By Rail...Real Time.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.