Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,359 members, 7,954,465 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:35 PM

Cost Of Opening A Cyber Cafe In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Cost Of Opening A Cyber Cafe In Nigeria (14934 Views)

Information About Cyber Cafe In Lagos Or Ibadan / How To Start An Internet Cafe In A Village? / Setting Up a Cyber-cafe: What Does It Take? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cost Of Opening A Cyber Cafe In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:43pm On Nov 07, 2007
Re: Cost Of Opening A Cyber Cafe In Nigeria by obua: 6:07pm On Nov 07, 2007
Cyber cafe can not sustain you. Think of some more tangible biz

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Opening A Cyber Cafe In Nigeria by eniyan(m): 6:27pm On Nov 07, 2007
@ adeakin,

Good idea to start a cyber cafe in Nigeria. As for the cost, its better you speak to maybe an IT consultant in Nigeria. Or since you mentioned that you are in UK, it would be easy for you to consult an IT consultant here in UK. The IT consultant here in UK can enlighten you about the equipments you need and even the cost of the equipments, such as computers, servers, printers etc.

Again, you need to think about the area you want your cyber-cafe to be located. Hope this helps wink Don't let anyone talk/discourage you from starting your own business.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Opening A Cyber Cafe In Nigeria by thimbook2(m): 4:20pm On Nov 08, 2007
get something like N1.75M ready as ur base budget, the amount will definitely increase as u move to larger metropolitan areas e.g. lagos instead of sagamu, y'know!

stay away from systems with old boards, old hard-drives and low RAMs, even if u r buying Tox, insist on swapping for new hard drives and RAMs, stay away from anything less than PIII 800's; No gigapro or celeron boards go for Intel MMX.

watch where u want to situate it well before u pay, some places cost more to redecorate and kit-out than others, go for a crowded area even if u have to pay more.

take care of three main things first:

1. great solution, EQ and ISP e.g. C-BANd 128/256shared or 192Dedicated on iWAYAFrica or foreign ISP

2. Good power back-up solution e.g. 10kva generator on perkins etc or solid inverter set

3. Fast systems with good cafe timer that boyz won't just hack into for fun

then you take care of the other things:

, furnishings & fixtures, side attractions e.g. catering / snacks bar etc

Ur good then!

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Opening A Cyber Cafe In Nigeria by tupix(m): 6:47pm On Nov 08, 2007
Obua is right by telling you that cyber cafe will not sustain you. You can have cyber cafe as additional biz not main biz in Nigeria. Recently, everyone are trying to get internet in their homes and this makes cyber cafe patronizers to reduce.

For the cost and the setup, you don't have problem. It is my business, if you are ready and still want to do it you can contact me via yoriyori@yahoo.com then we talk better.

Cheerio.
Re: Cost Of Opening A Cyber Cafe In Nigeria by moscovite: 10:34am On Aug 11, 2013
Your CompThe cost of opening a cybercafe has gone down significantly.With thin clients you could have 8-10 systems running at less than 200k (All inclusive). I spent over 2 million naira on my first cafe in Abuja in 2004. I used regular systems then.Thin Clients made the huge difference in cost between now and then possible. As a result of the extremly low power consumption rate of thin clients, savings is huge both for startup cost and operating cost.
This is why if you want to succeed in this business you must use thin clients.

The risk of not using them are as follows:
etition will

1. Be able to outYour CYour competition would have invested less and can deploy more systemsis that your competition can out price you and send you out of business
For 10 System Cafe, here is the difference between thin clients and regular systems.

The cost of opening a cybercafe has gone down significantly.With thin clients you could

have 8-10 systems running at less than 200k. In those days (Early 2000) it use to be something like 1.5-2 million naira with regular systems and all associated equipment.Thin Clients is a major factor that made the huge difference in cost between now and then possible. As a result of the extremly low power consumption rate of thin clients, savings is huge both for startup cost and operating cost.

This is why if you want to succeed in this business you must use thin clients.

The risk of not using them are as follows:

1. Your Competition will be able to outprice you as a result of extremly low operating

expenses using thin clients. For example, spending 500-700 naira on fuel daily for 10 systems against the usual 1,500-3,000 naira. Cost of maintaining a small generator is significantly lower. System maintenance is not required and so on.

2. With the same initial investment he will be able to buy more systems and so attract more customers and make more money.

Here are some of the savings you make (As a Startup) between thin clients and regular system in a 10-System Cafe.(Thin Clients=TC ; Regular Systems=RS)

UPS:
Thin Clients(TC) : 2 ups
Regular Systems(RS) 11 ups (10 systems + server)

Generator:
TC:2KVA
RS:5KVA

Stabilizer:
TC: 2KVA
RS: 5KVA

AC is not required, Equipment you need to connect to power is lower and so cheaper etc etc.
Re: Cost Of Opening A Cyber Cafe In Nigeria by yenboy(m): 4:38pm On Aug 20, 2013
Hello guys, please i need your help on this, i have a cyber cafe with about 8 system running on DOPC ISP i managed to check my Bandwidth size via this www.speedtest.net here is what i got Your Speed Result:
1st
Download Speed: 144 kbps (18 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 78 kbps (9.8 KB/sec transfer rate)

Your Speed Result: 2nd
Download Speed: 152 kbps (19 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 87 kbps (10.9 KB/sec transfer rate)

Your Speed Result: 3rd
Download Speed: 138 kbps (17.3 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 91 kbps (11.4 KB/sec transfer

.... but have this feeling that my bee over charged please need to know the cost of the bandwidth.

Thanks
Re: Cost Of Opening A Cyber Cafe In Nigeria by ugomma2000: 12:34pm On Aug 29, 2015
tupix:
Obua is right by telling you that cyber cafe will not sustain you. You can have cyber cafe as additional biz not main biz in Nigeria. Recently, everyone are trying to get internet in their homes and this makes cyber cafe patronizers to reduce.

For the cost and the setup, you don't have problem. It is my business, if you are ready and still want to do it you can contact me via yoriyori@yahoo.com then we talk better.

Cheerio.
you are wrong, the business still moves in nigeria, people still need to documentation works with internet.
its a business I do.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Opening A Cyber Cafe In Nigeria by fghanni(m): 2:55pm On Nov 09, 2015
Visit : http://seanetng.com/bandwidth-price/

yenboy:
Hello guys, please i need your help on this, i have a cyber cafe with about 8 system running on DOPC ISP i managed to check my Bandwidth size via this www.speedtest.net here is what i got Your Speed Result:
1st
Download Speed: 144 kbps (18 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 78 kbps (9.8 KB/sec transfer rate)

Your Speed Result: 2nd
Download Speed: 152 kbps (19 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 87 kbps (10.9 KB/sec transfer rate)

Your Speed Result: 3rd
Download Speed: 138 kbps (17.3 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 91 kbps (11.4 KB/sec transfer

.... but have this feeling that my bee over charged please need to know the cost of the bandwidth.

Thanks

Re: Cost Of Opening A Cyber Cafe In Nigeria by princehabyb(m): 6:49pm On Nov 09, 2015
Thanks for this great info

Re: Cost Of Opening A Cyber Cafe In Nigeria by betaessays: 8:51pm On Oct 17, 2017
Re: Cost Of Opening A Cyber Cafe In Nigeria by uwadiahercules: 10:47am On Apr 22, 2019
Cyber Cafe Business Plan In Nigeria Feasibility Report
http://www.businessplanstartup.com.ng/cyber-cafe-business-plan-in-nigeria/
Re: Cost Of Opening A Cyber Cafe In Nigeria by Homeyfav: 5:50am On Jul 23, 2019
zlpyt'][
Re: Cost Of Opening A Cyber Cafe In Nigeria by joeyreports: 8:11pm On Oct 15, 2019
Get a Cyber cafe business plan in Nigeria... https://www.nigeriabusinessplan.com.ng/cyber-cafe/

(1) (Reply)

Cbn’s FOREX Restrictions And Government’s Obsession With Dollars / Credit Card In Nigeria: Advantages And Disadvantages / Security Tips For The Christmas Holidays

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.