Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,054 members, 7,956,936 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:07 PM

Linda Ikeji Is A Gossiper & Not A Role Model - Toke Makinwa - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Linda Ikeji Is A Gossiper & Not A Role Model - Toke Makinwa (12878 Views)

Linda Ikeji Is Engaged, Set To Marry This Year / Linda Ikeji Is A Homewrecker, She Broke Up Dbanj & Bella Naija - Kemi Olunloyo / Kemi Olunloyo Claims Linda Ikeji Is The Blogger That Got N240m, Reveals Details (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Linda Ikeji Is A Gossiper & Not A Role Model - Toke Makinwa by eric1960: 9:40am On Apr 19, 2012
Popular radio and TV presenter Toke Makinwa has aired her thoughts about popular blogger and former model Linda Ikeji stating she ‘doesn’t think Linda Ikeji is a role model’.

Little known Makinwa who works as a radio presenter on popular urban radio station Rhythm 93.7 dropped her comments on air while she was co-anchoring ‘The Morning Drive’ recently.

‘I don’t think Linda Ikeji is a role model. She’s a gossiper, She sells gossip’, Makinwa said on the show and even appealed to her listeners not to take the likes of popular US blogger Perez Hilton and Miss Ikeji seriously.

Ikeji whose romance with Dan Foster ended controversially, published a fashion magazine before settling down fully with her blog.

And in just a few years, she’s moved from being media subject to media player; growing her platform to become one of Nigeria’s leading blogs; using mostly third party contents, reader engagement and shocking personal revelations. But, just like Perez and TMZ, she’s under regular fire from readers and celebs who think she often crosses the line.

But the successful blogger is not all about gossip. Passionate about human interest stories, she has often dedicated her blog to supporting worthy causes, a recent example being the case of Okeoghene Ighiwotho – the diabetic patient who lost his toes and was bedridden for six years.

Makinwa, however, is not impressed. ‘I’m appealing to the younger generation not to take Perez Hilton or Linda Ikeji as a role model’, she added.

http://thenetng.com/2012/04/19/%E2%80%98i-dont-think-linda-ikeji-is-a-role-model%E2%80%99-%E2%80%93-toke-makinwa/

Re: Linda Ikeji Is A Gossiper & Not A Role Model - Toke Makinwa by Yorisb: 11:52am On Apr 19, 2012
.....And we care because?

3 Likes

Re: Linda Ikeji Is A Gossiper & Not A Role Model - Toke Makinwa by k10: 11:54am On Apr 19, 2012
toke has nice breasts !! I will take her seriously !!!

4 Likes

Re: Linda Ikeji Is A Gossiper & Not A Role Model - Toke Makinwa by wasco3: 11:59am On Apr 19, 2012
She lacks what to say
Re: Linda Ikeji Is A Gossiper & Not A Role Model - Toke Makinwa by emmy04(m): 11:59am On Apr 19, 2012
ABEG, WHO IS MAKINWA? THE ONLY MAKINWA I KNOW PLAYED FOR NIGERIA SUPER EAGLES B4... I KNOW LINDA IKEJI AS A BEAUTIFUL YOUNG ROLE MODEL & BLOG WATEVER. THANK YOU. BYE.

4 Likes

Re: Linda Ikeji Is A Gossiper & Not A Role Model - Toke Makinwa by dROC1: 12:01pm On Apr 19, 2012
Toke is an ingrate!!!!
Re: Linda Ikeji Is A Gossiper & Not A Role Model - Toke Makinwa by maclatunji: 12:05pm On Apr 19, 2012
Where is Linda to come and defend herself? tongue What is that her Nairaland handle again?
Re: Linda Ikeji Is A Gossiper & Not A Role Model - Toke Makinwa by Silva79(f): 12:08pm On Apr 19, 2012
If i count top 10 OAPs in lag toke makinwa wouldnt b there i.e 2 say she's irrelevant & most female celebs r jealous of linda coz she's more successful than most of 'em. Toke go and mop d ocean abeg

3 Likes

Re: Linda Ikeji Is A Gossiper & Not A Role Model - Toke Makinwa by PrinceDudu(m): 12:09pm On Apr 19, 2012
Hhw did I click on this.
Re: Linda Ikeji Is A Gossiper & Not A Role Model - Toke Makinwa by Muttex(m): 12:11pm On Apr 19, 2012
Linda i am expecting you here to defend yourself before i pass my own comment...
Re: Linda Ikeji Is A Gossiper & Not A Role Model - Toke Makinwa by yunafa(f): 12:13pm On Apr 19, 2012
PLS, PLS, PLS...THERE'S NOTHING LIKE "GOSSIPER"

1 Like

Re: Linda Ikeji Is A Gossiper & Not A Role Model - Toke Makinwa by Koolking(m): 12:13pm On Apr 19, 2012
maclatunji: Where is Linda to come and defend herself? tongue What is that her Nairaland handle again?

Laila Ikeji

1 Like

Re: Linda Ikeji Is A Gossiper & Not A Role Model - Toke Makinwa by Wolaycious(m): 12:20pm On Apr 19, 2012
Who the hell is tokeToo many idiots these days sef.Msheew!

1 Like

Re: Linda Ikeji Is A Gossiper & Not A Role Model - Toke Makinwa by Koolking(m): 12:23pm On Apr 19, 2012
Whoever takes media gossipers and paparazzi reporters as serious people and role models are at their own risk. Toke is right about Linda Ikeji, every piece of info is news to her skewed to suit her reports and her mesmerised audience.

1 Like

Re: Linda Ikeji Is A Gossiper & Not A Role Model - Toke Makinwa by Nobody: 12:25pm On Apr 19, 2012
I am Linda's fan and i am not finding this Toke thing funny.Go to Linda's blog,she has written about it.
Linda made her life on her own terms through struggling despite the fact that she's not from a rich home.
I was at a blog ladun liadi and there was a post about this toke..there were comments ranging from bleaching from black to white to being a runs girl.is it true?I do not know.The comments about her were so vile that the blog owner had to take down the post.
Nobody would ever call Linda a prostitute..
Anyways,i trust Linda fans.if she was planning on publicity,she will get very very negative comments.Na she go cry

Nobody should look up to a blogger maybe but Linda has a story of coming from grass to grace..That is what should motivate those who choose her as a role model not the stories on her blog

Finally,she is entitled to her own opinions though..

1 Like

Re: Linda Ikeji Is A Gossiper & Not A Role Model - Toke Makinwa by Deytorlha(f): 12:29pm On Apr 19, 2012
Toke + Linda don jam 4 aristo's place dem come dey beef demself.We al knw shit happens,abeg d 2 of una go hug transformer jöor make we hear word
Re: Linda Ikeji Is A Gossiper & Not A Role Model - Toke Makinwa by maclatunji: 12:29pm On Apr 19, 2012
Koolking:

Laila Ikeji

Laila Ikeji is a copycat wannabe Linda Ikeji. Sorry #Sweetheart, it is the truth.
Re: Linda Ikeji Is A Gossiper & Not A Role Model - Toke Makinwa by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:32pm On Apr 19, 2012
I think they are both Social Tweets - if you enjoy listening to bird sing on a cool breezy afteroon - your cake - who cares grin
Re: Linda Ikeji Is A Gossiper & Not A Role Model - Toke Makinwa by yuzedo: 12:34pm On Apr 19, 2012
k10: toke has nice breasts !! I will take her seriously !!!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Linda Ikeji Is A Gossiper & Not A Role Model - Toke Makinwa by dovenice(f): 12:37pm On Apr 19, 2012
Toke is just jealous. shocked[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Linda Ikeji Is A Gossiper & Not A Role Model - Toke Makinwa by Nobody: 12:53pm On Apr 19, 2012
k10: toke has nice breasts !! I will take her seriously !!!
Badz boy
Re: Linda Ikeji Is A Gossiper & Not A Role Model - Toke Makinwa by noiseless: 12:55pm On Apr 19, 2012
Linda ikeji and when is her yaraba husband gonna come to give our umunna fresh palm wine, and then force her to discard the name given to her by her parents,after making sure he has her exactly where she cannever escape. KOM GIFII HOS HAWA HUMUNA PALMI JARE! Who cares about two women gosipers.
Re: Linda Ikeji Is A Gossiper & Not A Role Model - Toke Makinwa by Sike(m): 12:55pm On Apr 19, 2012
Rub.bishhhh!
Re: Linda Ikeji Is A Gossiper & Not A Role Model - Toke Makinwa by slimyem: 1:03pm On Apr 19, 2012
maclatunji:

Laila Ikeji is a copycat wannabe Linda Ikeji. Sorry #Sweetheart, it is the truth.
maclatunji: Where is Linda to come and defend herself? tongue What is that her Nairaland handle again?
Koolking:

Laila Ikeji
Linda Ikeji and Laila Ikeji are NOT the same person.
And Laila has NEVER claimed to be the same person as Linda!
If Laila wants to be taken serious,she needs to change that name asap!
Re: Linda Ikeji Is A Gossiper & Not A Role Model - Toke Makinwa by omamokta: 1:06pm On Apr 19, 2012
Gossipper or gossip, make una no dey turn English upside down. Role models kor, gossip ni.
Re: Linda Ikeji Is A Gossiper & Not A Role Model - Toke Makinwa by Basics007: 1:13pm On Apr 19, 2012
Who/What's a gossiper? Coming from an On-air-personality? That's sad!
Toke needs publicity and she's gonna get it- at least for the next few days
Re: Linda Ikeji Is A Gossiper & Not A Role Model - Toke Makinwa by Koolking(m): 1:19pm On Apr 19, 2012
slimyem: Linda Ikeji and Laila Ikeji are NOT the same person.
And Laila has NEVER claimed to be the same person as Linda!
If Laila wants to be taken serious,she needs to change that name asap!

Thanks slim. My bad. I thought it's her NL pseudonym. Then Laila Ikeji will sure end up like her. Unserious!!!!!
Re: Linda Ikeji Is A Gossiper & Not A Role Model - Toke Makinwa by Koolking(m): 1:25pm On Apr 19, 2012
omamokta: Gossipper or gossip, make una no dey turn English upside down. Role models kor, gossip ni.

Basics007: Who/What's a gossiper? Coming from an On-air-personality? That's sad!
Toke needs publicity and she's gonna get it- at least for the next few days

Dudes, check your dicco (not Abrahamic edition) very well. gossiper is an English word. It means a person given to tattling or idle talk. A person given to gossiping and divulging personal information about others.
Re: Linda Ikeji Is A Gossiper & Not A Role Model - Toke Makinwa by DeRadical: 1:36pm On Apr 19, 2012
kai... linda don old oooo. na wa ooo! see how women change. but this Toke sef, wetin be im own? i think she is doing notice me.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Christine Lagarde; Hot Or Not / Ubi Franklin, Sandra Ikeji, Others Clinch The Entrepreneur Africa Awards 2018 / Chinedu ‘Aki’ Ikedieze Is 35 Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.