Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,414 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

Can Humans Be Perfect? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Humans Be Perfect? (1185 Views)

Can A Christian Be Perfect? / Can God Be Perfect? / Take Note: Nobody Can Make Heaven If Nobody Is Perfect Or Can Be Perfect! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Humans Be Perfect? by Emylexray(m): 2:48am On Apr 20, 2012
GENESIS 17 vs 2: and when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the lord appeared to Abram and said unto him, I am the almighty God, ''WALK BEFORE ME AND BE THOU PERFECT''.
Over time, i have concurred totally with the saying ''no one is perfect'' of which i am sure most of you agree with that assertion too.
As mortals, we can never be perfect else we will be equating ourselves with God if we claim we can be. My question is from the aforementioned scripture i quoted, with emphasis on the words in capitals ''WALK BEFORE ME AND BE THOU PERFECT'' now, why was God expecting perfection from Abram? (as he was being called then) , a human being like me and you. Was God expecting Abraham to be like him?
Please i need to be clarified on this.
Re: Can Humans Be Perfect? by Emylexray(m): 2:51am On Apr 20, 2012
Your views, opinion and contributions are needed please.
Re: Can Humans Be Perfect? by Jenwitemi(m): 8:48am On Apr 20, 2012
Even God isn't perfect. But to answer the question directly; No, humans can never be perfect and we are meant not to be perfect but continue to evolve towards perfection, a state we'll never reach, anyway. Anything that is perfect can no longer EVOLVE. And anything that no longer evolves, IS DEAD.
Re: Can Humans Be Perfect? by Emylexray(m): 8:51am On Apr 20, 2012
Jenwitemi: Even God isn't perfect. But to answer the question directly; No, humans can never be perfect and we are meant not to be perfect but continue to evolve towards perfection, a state we'll never reach, anyway. Anything that is perfect can no longer EVOLVE. And anything that no longer evolves, IS DEAD.
why was God expecting Abraham to be perfect then?
Re: Can Humans Be Perfect? by ichuka(m): 12:33pm On Apr 20, 2012
Emylexray: GENESIS 17 vs 2: and when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the lord appeared to Abram and said unto him, I am the almighty God, ''WALK BEFORE ME AND BE THOU PERFECT''.
Over time, i have concurred totally with the saying ''no one is perfect'' of which i am sure most of you agree with that assertion too.
As mortals, we can never be perfect else we will be equating ourselves with God if we claim we can be. My question is from the aforementioned scripture i quoted, with emphasis on the words in capitals ''WALK BEFORE ME AND BE THOU PERFECT'' now, why was God expecting perfection from Abram? (as he was being called then) , a human being like me and you. Was God expecting Abraham to be like him?
Emylexray: GENESIS 17 vs 2: and when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the lord appeared to Abram and said unto him, I am the almighty God, ''WALK BEFORE ME AND BE THOU PERFECT''.

The word "WALK" in your quoted verse(WALK BEFORE ME AND BE THOU PERFECT) is in a progressive tense.
When we walk with God(doing only His Will by the leadings of the Holy Spirit).we are perfect in His Sight.
Jhn1:12,says Yet to all who received Him,to those who believed in His name,He gave the "Right" to "BECOME" children of God.
As we(Christains) are lead by the Holy Spirit completely we have the "Right" to "Become"(become here is progressive in nature) Perfect.because God is perfect.
Re: Can Humans Be Perfect? by Jenwitemi(m): 1:54pm On Apr 20, 2012
You're talking about the bible deity. That is another issue entirely. I do not accept the biblical deity as GOD. Besides, if there is any deity that is billion miles from perfection, it is the one on the bible pages. So therefore, his idea of what perfection is would be terribly suspect.
Emylexray:
why was God expecting Abraham to be perfect then?

(1) (Reply)

Will God Condemn His Own Creation To Hell? / A NON-CHRISTIAN Candidate For President Of USA / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.