Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,156 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

Who Is A Nigerian? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is A Nigerian? (5997 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is A Nigerian? by Havilah93(m): 9:05pm On Apr 20, 2012
who is a Nigerian?.
Different people have different definitions of a Nigerian, from good to bad. So, in your own word, describe a Nigerian
Re: Who Is A Nigerian? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Apr 20, 2012
A Nigerian to me is anyone, who believes in the Nigeria project - regardless of where they were born, or raised...Nigeria has to be born inside of you, for you to be a Nigerian..

A Nigerian to me is someone, who feels the pain of other Nigerians.

A Nigerian to me is someone who puts Nigeria first, before their selfish interest...

I believe I'm Mr. Nigeria - I wear my Nigerian-ness with a chip on my shoulder, and I'm proud of my country - despite its imperfections... I know the number of people I've had altercation with, for disrespecting Nigeria. I remember I had to get involved in different fights during my uni days, with loads of yardies - who take pride in beating up older fresh Nigerian guys, and saying disgusting things about Africa. I just couldn't let them disrespect them like that.

I'm passionate about my country, and I love Nigeria to death.

I'm Nigeria, and Nigeria is me.. cool

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Nigerian? by ektbear: 9:35pm On Apr 20, 2012
Err.

Is this a trick question?

Citizens of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, basically.

Does it require much more depth than this?
Re: Who Is A Nigerian? by Havilah93(m): 10:09pm On Apr 20, 2012
shymmex: A Nigerian to me is anyone, who believes in the Nigeria project - regardless of where they were born, or raised...Nigeria has to be born inside of you, for you to be a Nigerian..

A Nigerian to me is someone, who feels the pain of other Nigerians.

A Nigerian to me is someone who puts Nigeria first, before their selfish interest...

I believe I'm Mr. Nigeria - I wear my Nigerian-ness with a chip on my shoulder, and I'm proud of my country - despite its imperfections... I know the number of people I've had altercation with, for disrespecting Nigeria. I remember I had to get involved in different fights during my uni days, with loads of yardies - who take pride in beating up older fresh Nigerian guys, and saying disgusting things about Africa. I just couldn't let them disrespect them like that.

I'm passionate about my country, and I love Nigeria to death.

I'm Nigeria, and Nigeria is me.. cool
well said. Nothing more to say
Re: Who Is A Nigerian? by ektbear: 10:21pm On Apr 20, 2012
Too much sentiment and drama associated with something that is a technical definition.

You can hate the Federal Republic of Nigeria, and still be a Nigerian.

You can love it, but if you don't hold a passport of the country you aren't Nigerian.

No reason to mix emotion in this..
Re: Who Is A Nigerian? by bittyend(m): 10:29pm On Apr 20, 2012
ekt_bear: Too much sentiment and drama associated with something that is a technical definition.

You can hate the Federal Republic of Nigeria, and still be a Nigerian.

You can love it, but if you don't hold a passport of the country you aren't Nigerian.

No reason to mix emotion in this..

You're on your own!
Re: Who Is A Nigerian? by ektbear: 10:32pm On Apr 20, 2012
Doesn't matter...I'd rather be right and alone rather than wrong and with millions who agree with me

(1) (Reply)

/ The President Lives In Aso Rock, How About The Vice? / Pic: Oshiomole Brought Out Broom, APC Supporter Brought Out PDP Flag

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.