Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,679 members, 7,820,379 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

Have You Been Spammed By A Nairalander? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Have You Been Spammed By A Nairalander? (3205 Views)

Poll: Have you received such an email at one time or the other?

Yes: 32% (22 votes)
No: 67% (45 votes)
This poll has ended

Help A Nairalander Win Samsung Photo Contest / A Nairalander With His Beautiful Sisters. / Have You Ever Met A Nairalander? If Yes? Are You Still Friends? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Been Spammed By A Nairalander? by Seun(m): 12:12pm On Nov 08, 2007
Have you ever received any Spam mail using the Nairaland name?

Such as an email titled "from a Nairaland member" or "Urgent Message From Nairaland.com"?

If so, please understand that there's little I can do to prevent those emails - it's your inbox!
Some have created fake email accounts for the purpose. For avoidance of doubt, I'm not involved.
These people are just trying to capitalize on the popularity of Nairaland to dupe more people.

If you get such an email, post it here to warn others and then just click "report as spam".
Sooner or later, such messages will no longer make it into your inbox. Cheers.
Re: Have You Been Spammed By A Nairalander? by stellose(f): 1:01pm On Nov 08, 2007
yes, i have seen this in my mail box before , trust ibo chic, i decorded instantly.
all the same , thanks.
Re: Have You Been Spammed By A Nairalander? by edatika(m): 1:06pm On Nov 08, 2007
nope,

i havent
Re: Have You Been Spammed By A Nairalander? by maki(f): 1:19pm On Nov 08, 2007
yes, i have received so many of them
Re: Have You Been Spammed By A Nairalander? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Nov 08, 2007
no.
I use an anti spam email
www.bluebottle.com
Re: Have You Been Spammed By A Nairalander? by maki(f): 1:31pm On Nov 08, 2007
i'll look for the mails in my trash bin copy and paste the mails and their mails angry
its very annoying angry angry
Re: Have You Been Spammed By A Nairalander? by dejiavu(m): 1:41pm On Nov 08, 2007
I've not received such mail
Re: Have You Been Spammed By A Nairalander? by bikokwe(m): 1:51pm On Nov 08, 2007
@maki
which maki is this?
Re: Have You Been Spammed By A Nairalander? by methodman(m): 1:54pm On Nov 08, 2007
Yes, i have received quite a lot of messages from some people claiming to be members of Nairaland.
Most of the mails i get are Paid to read and so many othere malicious mails, here is an example of such messages though the site has been suspended,

JOIN AN INVESTMENT CLUB TODAY

Financial independence has become a major literature in the world of today. Nobody exactly wants to be dependent on any one in any way. As thus, people have found several ways to money so that, they wouldn't have to look to any one for their daily upkeep and every other necessity.

But here in Nigeria, it wouldn't be news to say that there is hardly any one that is taught how to make money in school and considering the fact that, Nigerians are still at that level of economical development where it is almost impossible to earn a decent living without any form of formal (tertiary) education.

But glory be to God (as we are also very religious people), it is now possible to earn a living without having to go be professor of some sort. The ones that have gone to so many schools and have started so many companies have registered these firms on the Nigerian stock exchange and now require our( the masses) little bit of pocket change to help them continue being in business.

I am certain that I wouldn't have to elaborate on the workings of the Nigerian stock exchange to make anybody understand that investing in stocks and bonds is the easiest and surest way of immunizing against the disease called poverty.

To this end , an invention that will ensure that every one that shows any atom of interest in the idea of running away of poverty as been in place for close to a hundred years(but only just getting popular in Nigeria).

Investing in stocks is as easy as buying and selling for a profit but actually having enough money to buy as much as is necessary is always the issue.

This is where www.nairaland.com steps in.
It has been proven time and again that ,the easiest way to operate in the stock market is by joining an investment club.
But also, finding the right people to start an investment club with can also be an issue.
This problem is absolutely erased on www.nairaland.com , here we get people who are interested in joining an investment club to meet each other and discuss the modalities and issues surrounding to development of an investment club. They do all these online and later get to meet offline when they have actually decided they can operate with each other.

www.nairaland.com also provides all basic information that is required to run the club at no charge.
These includes

1. Legal ties
2. Profit sharing
3. Constitution (debatable and modifiable)
4. Up to date information all stock markets around the world
5. Detailed information on all other businesses that clubbers can invest in
6. and ultimately, a website ( www.nairaland.com ) can members can use for all forms of communication.

GOAL
The goal of www.nairaland.com is to popularize the concept of investment clubbing among Nigerian and use that as a platform to educate the populace to joys of been an ardent invest and thus taking charge of ones own life and channeling it on the part to financial freedom and successful living.

We intend to initiate, mentor and nurture the growth of a minimum of 500 investment clubs in the next 5years all within the country.
This way we will know we have done our quota towards emancipating humanity from the strangling grip of poverty.

THE DREAM
We (www.nairaland.com ) intend to start a mother investment club which would be a conglomerate of all the investment clubs that started on it.
And with that number, strength and financial capability, we can start anything like: - microfinance banks to cater for the business needs of our club members etcetera………, I mean we could invest in anything we want and continue to make our wealth grow.

But first things first, we all have to join www.nairaland.com and find our fellow club members. Every thing required will be provided.

I will be expecting you.
NAIRALANDERS (INVESTMENT CLUBBERS!)
TAKE CHARGE OF YOUR LIFE!
effionganiekan@gmail.com
Re: Have You Been Spammed By A Nairalander? by Greycells(m): 1:55pm On Nov 08, 2007
I received one about two weeks ago.

It was obvious that it did not originate from Nairaland,  It was some shitting ponzi stuff. I did not only click the delete button, I added the sender to my spam list because of my aversion to high risk business.
Re: Have You Been Spammed By A Nairalander? by dtwsola(m): 2:07pm On Nov 08, 2007
If you don't want people to spam you, you need to turn off the option of having your email address displayed in your profile.

Also if you do stupid things like posting their email undisguised on a discussion forum, you will likely get spammed but probably not by Nairaland members. Any email phishing bot could easily pick up the pattern. If you must exchange your email on a forum, either pm it to the person of interest, or disguise it in a way that only a human could easily decipher.
Re: Have You Been Spammed By A Nairalander? by mellow(m): 2:25pm On Nov 08, 2007
This is pathetic although I have not recieved any thing like that yet.[/color][color=#990000]
Re: Have You Been Spammed By A Nairalander? by A40(m): 2:26pm On Nov 08, 2007
Times without number
Re: Have You Been Spammed By A Nairalander? by marvostica(m): 2:45pm On Nov 08, 2007
l have'nt really but l think l know how to handle such miscrants
Re: Have You Been Spammed By A Nairalander? by Bblak(f): 2:54pm On Nov 08, 2007
Not at all.But it's really bad o.
Re: Have You Been Spammed By A Nairalander? by stellose(f): 4:34pm On Nov 08, 2007
@luckia, thats the message i got. cheesy
Re: Have You Been Spammed By A Nairalander? by akara(m): 4:45pm On Nov 08, 2007
I did get some offers when my email addy was visible, bu none since I made it hidden.
This people spam the threads as well with there offers ke angry
Re: Have You Been Spammed By A Nairalander? by 3dhunter(m): 5:15pm On Nov 08, 2007
no
i have not, but it is good the we take note of this
Re: Have You Been Spammed By A Nairalander? by seun001(m): 6:16pm On Nov 08, 2007
well,my addy has never been visible,u wanna send me a mail,u gotta ask me first. wink
Re: Have You Been Spammed By A Nairalander? by toba1909(m): 6:17pm On Nov 08, 2007
Yes,there is this idiot who i know is a nairalander or a guest on nairalander that's tring some moves. These are the message and the reply i gave him:My replies are those one in bold letters.

Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 00:59:41 -0800 (PST)
From: "Adediran Abiola" <alao_diran@yahoo.com>  Add to Address Book  Add Mobile Alert  
Subject:  Fwd: Re: TILL DEN
To:  "Mr Ibrami Amadu" <mribramii_amadou@yahoo.fr>

Note: forwarded message attached.

Forwarded Message [ Download File ]

Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 00:57:04 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: TILL DEN
To: "Adediran Abiola" <alao_diran@yahoo.com>

HTML Attachment [ Scan and Save to Computer ]

Idiot am still expecting your replyand the steps you've decided to take. I've been toiling to get you and i promise you i'll get you before this month runs out. Oloriburuku ni e  

Adediran Abiola <alao_diran@yahoo.com> wrote: FOOL, go ahead and you'll see what will be the outcome of it. Oloriburuku somebody,tell me did your father ever opened an account of such in his life and has he ever worked to make such money in his life? I know ididot like you get this information from nairaland where i give details of my company as one of he best ISPin Nigeria and even Africa,if you can't go ahead with you threats you're a bastard. Ko ni dafun irandiran baba ati iya e,if your parent send you to school to study and you faced your studies,you wouldn't have become an internet rat. Expecting your action.
Mr Ibrami Amadu <mribramii_amadou@yahoo.fr> wrote: I WILL DEAL WITH YOU

3A, Aja Nwachukwu Close,Ikoyi Lagos Nigeria
Tel +234 1 461 0700
Fax +234 1 461 2899
www.gatewaycomms.com

Adediran Abiola <alao_diran@yahoo.com> a écrit :
OLORIBURUKU NI E,KONI DA FUN E. IT SHALL NOT BE WELL WITH YOU,TELL YOUR PARENTS TO MAKE THE WITHDRAWAL FOR YOU. BIG FOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Mr Ibrami Amadu <mrrkarl22@yahoo.fr> wrote: GREETINGS.

IN ORDER TO TRANSFER OUT (USD$ 26.2 MILLION DOLLARS) FROM OUR BANK.
I HAVE THE COURAGE TO ASK YOU TO LOOK FOR A RELIABLE AND HONEST PERSON WHO WILL BE CAPABLE FOR THIS IMPORTANT BUSINESS BELIEVING THAT YOU WILL NEVER LET ME DOWN EITHER NOW OR IN FUTURE.

I AM MR IBRAMI AMADU. ACCOUNTANT IN ONE OF THE LEADING BANK HERE IN DAKAR SENEGAL. THERE IS AN ACCOUNT OPENED IN THIS BANK IN 2004 AND SINCE 2005 NOBODY HAS OPERATED ON THIS ACCOUNT AGAIN.

AFTER GOING THROUGH SOME OLD FILES IN THE RECORDS I DISCOVERED THAT IF I DO NOT REMITT THIS MONEY OUT URGENTLY IT WILL BE FORFEITED FOR NOTHING.THE OWNER OF THIS ACCOUNT IS MR.PETER BENSON, A FOREIGNER, AND THE MANAGER OF PETRO - TECHNICAL SUPPORT SERVICES, A CHEMICAL ENGINEER BY PROFESSION AND HE DIED IN MOTOR ACCIDENT ALONG DAKAR-COLOBANE EXPRESS WAY SINCE THEN.

NO OTHER PERSON KNOWS ABOUT THIS ACCOUNT OR ANY THING CONCERNING IT, THE ACCOUNT HAS NO OTHER BENEFICIARY AND MY INVESTIGATION PROVED TO ME AS WELL THAT THIS COMPANY DOES NOT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS ACCOUNT AND THE AMOUNT INVOLVED IS USD ($26.2MILLION DOLLARS).I WANT TO TRANSFER THIS MONEY INTO A SAFE FOREIGNERS ACCOUNT ABROAD BUT I DON'T KNOW ANY FOREIGNER,I AM ONLY CONTACTING YOU AS A OREIGNER BECAUSE THIS MONEY CAN NOT BE APPROVED TO A LOCAL BANK HERE, BUT CAN ONLY BE APPROVED TO ANY FOREIGN ACCOUNT BECAUSE THE MONEY IS IN US DOLLARS AND THE FORMER OWNER OF THE ACCOUNT MR.PETER BENSON IS A FOREIGNER TOO.

I KNOW THAT THIS MASSAGE WILL COME TO YOU AS A SURPRISE AS WE DON'T KNOW OUR SELVES BEFORE, BUT BE SURE THAT IT IS REAL AND A GENUINE BUSINESS,ONLY GOT YOUR CONTACT ADDRESS FROM THE PUTER ,WITH BELIEVE IN GOD THAT YOU WILL NEVER LET ME DOWN IN THIS BUSINESS YOU ARE THE ONLY PERSON THAT I HAVE CONTACTED IN THIS BUSINESS, SO PLEASE REPLY URGENTLY SO THAT I WILL INFORM YOU THE NEXT STEP TO TAKE URGENTLY.

I AM CONTACTING YOU BECAUSE OF THE NEED TO INVOLVE A FOREIGNER WITH FOREIGN ACCOUNT AND FOREIGN BENEFICIARY. I NEED YOUR CO-OPERATION TO MAKE THIS WORK FINE. BECAUSE THE MANAGEMENT IS READY TO APPROVE THIS PAYMENT TO ANY FOREIGNER WHO HAS CORRECT INFORMATION OF THIS ACCOUNT, WHICH I WILL GIVE TO YOU LATER AND IMMEDIATELY,IF YOU ARE ABLE AND WITH CAPABILITY TO HANDLE SUCH AMOUNT IN STRICT CONFIDENCE AND TRUST ACCORDING TO MY INSTRUCTIONS AND ADVICE FOR OUR MUTUAL BENEFIT BECAUSE THIS OPPORTUNITY WILL NEVER COME AGAIN IN MY LIFE.

I NEED TRUTHFUL PERSON IN THIS BUSINESS BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO
MAKE MISTAKE I NEED YOUR STRONG ASSURANCE AND TRUST.WITH MY POSITION NOW IN THE OFFICE I CAN TRANSFER THIS MONEY TO ANY FOREIGNERS RELIABLE ACCOUNT WHICH YOU CAN PROVIDE WITH ASSURANCE THAT THIS MONEY WILL BE INTACT PENDING MY PHYSICAL ARRIVAL IN YOUR COUNTRY FOR SHARING.

YOU CAN ALSO COME TO DISCUSS WITH ME FACE TO FACE AFTER WHICH I WILL MAKE THIS REMITTANCE IN YOUR PRESENCE AND TWO OF US WILL FLY TO YOUR COUNTRY AT LEAST TWO DAYS AHEAD OF THE MONEY GOING INTO YOUR ACCOUNT.I WILL APPLY FOR ANNUAL LEAVE TO GET VISA IMMEDIATELY I
HEAR FROM YOU THAT YOU ARE READY TO ACT AND RECEIVE THIS FUND IN YOUR
ACCOUNT.

I WILL USE MY POSITION AND INFLUENCE TO EFFECT LEGAL APROVALS AND ONWARD TRANSFER OF THIS MONEY TO YOUR ACCOUNT WITH APPROPRIATE
CLEARANCE FORMS OF THE MINISTRIES AND FOREIGN EXCHANGE DEPARTMENTS. AT THE CONCLUSION OF THIS BUSINESS,YOU WILL BE GIVEN 20% OF THE TOTAL AMOUNT, 75% WILL BE FOR ME, WHILE 5% WILL BE FOR EXPENSES BOTH PARTIES MIGHT HAVE INCURED DURING THE PROCESS OF TRANSFERING.

I LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR EARLIEST REPLY.

REGARDS.
MR IBRAMI AMADU
Re: Have You Been Spammed By A Nairalander? by seun001(m): 6:28pm On Nov 08, 2007
@toba1909,

if na that kain mail,my mailbox is brimming.i think u should have ignored it in the first place.most times i dont even read,i just look for the delete link.
Re: Have You Been Spammed By A Nairalander? by Carlosein(m): 6:32pm On Nov 08, 2007
got a few and promptly deleted them.

@toba1909

your own caps it all o. na wa for naija foreigners grin grin
Re: Have You Been Spammed By A Nairalander? by anasey(m): 6:43pm On Nov 08, 2007
nope, i have never received any,

the highest i can do is to ignore them if any comes my way, i can trust myself for that,
Re: Have You Been Spammed By A Nairalander? by fuzek: 9:44pm On Nov 08, 2007
hmmm!!! Strange things are happening undecided embarassed
Re: Have You Been Spammed By A Nairalander? by pmdaboh(f): 11:22pm On Nov 08, 2007
@Seun

Actually, I got an e-mail like that this week. I read it for it said Nairaland, but once I saw the request, which involved investment, I reported it as SPAM.
Re: Have You Been Spammed By A Nairalander? by 9ja4eva: 7:46am On Nov 09, 2007
No i havent
Re: Have You Been Spammed By A Nairalander? by almondjoy(f): 8:01am On Nov 09, 2007
Yes! Just hit the sweet delete buttton.
Re: Have You Been Spammed By A Nairalander? by niceuzor: 10:51am On Nov 09, 2007
The BAN and UNBAN FORUM grin
Re: Have You Been Spammed By A Nairalander? by onyekang1(f): 12:49pm On Nov 09, 2007
nope!
Re: Have You Been Spammed By A Nairalander? by finekid(m): 2:50pm On Nov 09, 2007
Haven’t received any! Well, if your email ad is displayed, I guess it shouldn’t be surprising to be spammed!
Re: Have You Been Spammed By A Nairalander? by cgift(m): 5:34pm On Nov 09, 2007
many times sha grin

all u ned to do is, change your location on your profile to somewhre like Dafur wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

Linguoapp : Providing Text To Speech For Igbo, Yoruba And 15+ Nigerian Languages / 10 Best Torrent Sites / Large Plots Of Land For Sale In Jos Plateau State, Prize Very Cheap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.