Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,025 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6577) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10553408 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6574) (6575) (6576) (6577) (6578) (6579) (6580) ... (19186) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 12:22am On Jan 20, 2019
raumdeuter:

Why should the Milner and Matip matter when the guy covering the whole defense the main reason for the clean sheets is there

Milner was a 34 year old central midfielder playing at right back.

Matip was rush back from injury.

it's no surprise that 2 of the goals came from Milner's and Matips wing.

It's no surprise that Milner was so bad, that after getting dribbled all day, he ended up getting red carded.

So why should I be surprised that pool didn't keep a cleansheet?

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 12:31am On Jan 20, 2019
Watching Jorginho playing should be included in 1000 ways to die . undecided

Pathetic

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 12:32am On Jan 20, 2019
nihilistjnr:

Milner was a 34 year old central midfielder playing at right back.

Matip was rush back from injury.

it's no surprise that 2 of the goals came from Milner's and Matips wing.

It's no surprise that Milner was so bad, that after getting dribbled all day, he ended up getting red carded.

So why should I be surprised that pool didn't keep a cleansheet?

Why are you complaining about others when the leader and the main reason for the clean sheet was there

You've always told us other parts of the defense didn't matter as much as vvd why are you now complaining about others missing

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 12:34am On Jan 20, 2019
Ibime:

Don't let Unlimited22 see this oh.

More wingers? Is Sarri the new Emenalo? Even the winger Bayern are pinning hopes on, he hasn't had chance to play.

We don't need more midfielders either unless one is wedded to the idea of Regista and is simultaneously admitting that Jorginho has failed.

Pre-Sarri, we would consider Kante, Kovacic and Ampadu decent depth for the DM positions, and Barkley and RLC for the AM positions.

I see nothing but diminishing returns in buying a substitute for Jorginho. How does that improve the 11 on the pitch?

In another system I agree. But I said that in the general understanding (and acceptance by now) that Sarri is the type of manager who will stick to his principles and very unlikely to change. It is impossible for him to make Kovavcic/Kante/Barkley work in his system. In terms of tactical positioning and general tactical awareness, they are fine but in terms of productivity, I think all three of them have like what.....5 goals between them all season? He is in trouble if he sticks with the current crop. That's why he talks of midfielders and wingers.

RLC is the one that I believe has the best chance of succeeding in his system. His tactical understanding of the system is okay but he brings creativity, strength, unpredictability and a goal threat.

Personally I think he can still achieve better results as I have looked at how he plays and I really believe he can still achieve the same method with a 3-5-2 or a 3-4-3.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by kodded(m): 12:35am On Jan 20, 2019
A40:
I just dey see lines and lines of endless salaye. Why all this story for the gods when we can all just 'Sensima'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy8h-YY4xg8

yes o, shekpite don fall

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 12:37am On Jan 20, 2019
raumdeuter:

Why are you complaining about others when the leader and the main reason for the clean sheet was there
[b]
You've always told us other parts of the defense [/b]didn't matter as much as vvd why are you now complaining about others missing

When did I ever say this?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 12:39am On Jan 20, 2019
Omo that Callum Wilson goal shocked
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 12:52am On Jan 20, 2019
nihilistjnr:

Jorginho as a person is not the focal point of Sarriball. The regista role is the focal point. Jorginho is just the guy tasked with executing the role.

It's an important distinction that's worth making.

if Jorginho got injured today, Sarri will most likely keep the same system and just play someone else in that role.

The reason we're all at Jorginho's neck is because we have now seen that he is not competent enough to execute that regista role in EPL, where every one and their mother will press him like a fan yogo satchet.

I think this is just splitting hairs really. Jorginho is the regista and hence the focal point. I fail to understand the distinction. If Jorginho gets injured, then Sarri is in trouble as no one can play the position as best as he can. Perhaps Kovacic can.

However, if someone else does, that person assumes the focal point of Sarri's tactical set-up. I don't think it needs to be complicated.

Now as I said earlier, if you argue that Jorginho's position can use some improvement, I agree. But you cannot say he is useless. If he was, then he will not be targeted for man-marking by opposition teams. The fact that he is being targeted for man-marking by the opposition reaffirms the fact that he is important to the team, even if his overall output does not conform to our general appreciation of football.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 1:12am On Jan 20, 2019
So far Joggyinho is useless.

Worst part is and according to Sarri, there is no room for improvement.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 1:22am On Jan 20, 2019
FBS:

Worst part is and according to Sarri, there is no room for improvement.

Sir Willian, how far na?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 1:24am On Jan 20, 2019
nateevs:

I think this is just splitting hairs really. Jorginho is the regista and hence the focal point. I fail to understand the distinction. If Jorginho gets injured, then Sarri is in trouble as no one can play the position as best as he can. Perhaps Kovacic can.

However, if someone else does, that person assumes the focal point of Sarri's tactical set-up. I don't think it needs to be complicated.

Now as I said earlier, if you argue that Jorginho's position can use some improvement, I agree. But you cannot say he is useless. If he was, then he will not be targeted for man-marking by opposition teams. The fact that he is being targeted for man-marking by the opposition reaffirms the fact that he is important to the team, even if his overall output does not conform to our general appreciation of football.

it is very important to distinguish between the role and the player.

for example, Hazard is Chelsea s best player, and in effect the team is built around him as a person. There is no Hazard 'role'.

If Hazard gets injured today, there is nobody in the team that can replace him because Hazard transcends tactical instructions. He's supposed to be playing striker these days, but we rarely see him at the 9 position - he just drifts everywhere: left, right, even central midfield.

If Jorginho gets injured today, most likely, Kovacic would take his place and will be tasked in playing the same tactics - a la receiving passes and recycling the ball.

Teams that have to face us in the event of a hazard injury, know that we will be forced to play a different type of football.

Teams that have to face us in the event of a Jorginho injury, will know that they STILL have to deal with the problem of a regista running the play in the middle of the park - it's just not Jorginho.

The opposing team know that Sarriball uses the regista as the point of reference and will have to figure out how to deal with, and mitigate the implications of regista football.

If the regista is press resistant, then the opposition coach has to figure out a way to stop our team from playing in general.

But when the regista is a Lily livered akpuruka fake Brazilian, the opposition coach doesn't need to try and setup his team to deal wirh regista-powered football.

All he has to do is stop the regista, and let the other team adapt instead.

This is why my beef isn't with Sarri's tactics. My beef is with who Sarri has chosen to implant the tactics - in this case, an akpuruka Brazilian called George!

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 1:32am On Jan 20, 2019
What's akpuruka? cheesy cheesy

Jorginho even looks strong, it's that Busquets i want to see in epl.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 1:34am On Jan 20, 2019
airmark:

Ironically, akpuruka actually denotes strong, tough and immovable in Igbo. grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 1:37am On Jan 20, 2019
Unlimited22:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Never heard that before, nihilist is crazy.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 1:41am On Jan 20, 2019
Jorginho yet to show what he can do better than fabregas.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 1:43am On Jan 20, 2019
Unlimited22:

The only context I have ever heard akpuruka used is similar to below:

But I was raised in Lagos sha, and every word has at least 3 meanings in Lagos
airmark:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Never heard that before, nihilist is crazy.

I thought you were an Igbo man born in Ibadan cheesy

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 1:49am On Jan 20, 2019
nihilistjnr:

cheesy

I only served in the east. I remember ibime thought i was Igbo too.

Missing okpa like mad now.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 2:01am On Jan 20, 2019
nihilistjnr:

So you mean Jorginho is a Congolese Brazilian grin grin grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hoopLA: 4:39am On Jan 20, 2019
hensben:
.....And so? Didn’t Man U and Chelsea start the league on zero points huh.
See response.
Na where dem wan start before?

This is the type of reply you get when your reasoning power is inversely proportional to the number of posts on this forum.

Oga is not by force to quote me, especially when you have absolutely nothing to say.

As for iamZero and the other two twerps that "liked" this rubbish, I have absolutely no words for you.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 4:54am On Jan 20, 2019
Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by eph12(m): 5:31am On Jan 20, 2019
Bikeman Afolabi419 was right!!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pamcode(m): 6:33am On Jan 20, 2019
Mehn it been a while since I was so angry during a match. What Arsenal played yesterday is exactly what the Chelsea I grew up watching would have played. I just can't stand the idea of ninny players in Chelsea. All Arsenal had to do yesterday was clump up the middle, tight mark Jorginho and go physical.
As it is the players have not reached the level of playing one touch footie and Still our Manager removed one of the ways we could score by not playing a Striker. We made the Job easy for them and I don't expect our Manager to learn. This Jorginho guy looks tired and I am not surprised he probably has never been pressed and marked every match like this in Italy.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pamcode(m): 6:39am On Jan 20, 2019
nihilistjnr:

it is very important to distinguish between the role and the player.

for example, Hazard is Chelsea s best player, and in effect the team is built around him as a person. There is no Hazard 'role'.

If Hazard gets injured today, there is nobody in the team that can replace him because Hazard transcends tactical instructions. He's supposed to be playing striker these days, but we rarely see him at the 9 position - he just drifts everywhere: left, right, even central midfield.

If Jorginho gets injured today, most likely, Kovacic would take his place and will be tasked in playing the same tactics - a la receiving passes and recycling the ball.

Teams that have to face us in the event of a hazard injury, know that we will be forced to play a different type of football.

Teams that have to face us in the event of a Jorginho injury, will know that they STILL have to deal with the problem of a regista running the play in the middle of the park - it's just not Jorginho.

The opposing team know that Sarriball uses the regista as the point of reference and will have to figure out how to deal with, and mitigate the implications of regista football.

If the regista is press resistant, then the opposition coach has to figure out a way to stop our team from playing in general.

But when the regista is a Lily livered akpuruka fake Brazilian, the opposition coach doesn't need to try and setup his team to deal wirh regista-powered football.

All he has to do is stop the regista, and let the other team adapt instead.

This is why my beef isn't with Sarri's tactics. My beef is with who Sarri has chosen to implant the tactics - in this case, an akpuruka Brazilian called George!
I am not sure this team even understands what Sarri is trying to teach them. All those triangles and one touch football isn't there. I guess the transition from counter attack/defensive football to Possession football isn't going well. There is a tempo needed for this type of football to work and we aren't anywhere close to it.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Spy360(m): 6:50am On Jan 20, 2019
I came here to study the book of LAMENTATIONS
grin grin grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by NinjaMetahuman: 6:57am On Jan 20, 2019
nateevs:

In another system I agree. But I said that in the general understanding (and acceptance by now) that Sarri is the type of manager who will stick to his principles and very unlikely to change. It is impossible for him to make Kovavcic/Kante/Barkley work in his system. In terms of tactical positioning and general tactical awareness, they are fine but in terms of productivity, I think all three of them have like what.....5 goals between them all season? He is in trouble if he sticks with the current crop. That's why he talks of midfielders and wingers.

RLC is the one that I believe has the best chance of succeeding in his system. His tactical understanding of the system is okay but he brings creativity, strength, unpredictability and a goal threat.

Personally I think he can still achieve better results as I have looked at how he plays and I really believe he can still achieve the same method with a 3-5-2 or a 3-4-3.
this makes sense.

especially 343 part.
I have watched some chelsea and toteham games in which we completely dominated the game, win and still kept clean sheet
In that system.

But either way, sarri is right, we need a consistent AM/CM in mould of kdb lampard or even pogba
And wingers as pedro and willian don cast

And most importantly, a striker.

Hazard Is not a striker and will never be
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by homesteady(m): 6:59am On Jan 20, 2019
airmark:

So you think many teams have not tried to man-mark Busquets?

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by sod09(m): 7:17am On Jan 20, 2019
eph12:
Bikeman Afolabi419 was right!!!
the fool have suddenly lost his password or probably deactivate his account
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Olalekank(m): 7:35am On Jan 20, 2019
hoopLA:

See response.
Na where dem wan start before?

This is the type of reply you get when your reasoning power is inversely proportional to the number of posts on this forum.

Oga is not by force to quote me, especially when you have absolutely nothing to say.

As for iamZero and the other two twerps that "liked" this rubbish, I have absolutely no words for you.
The number of the posts on this forum is over 70m

So you mean to tell me someone reasoning power is
1/70000000 = 1.4 x 10^-8

Oga you self wicked

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 7:36am On Jan 20, 2019
Olalekank:

1/70000000 = 1.4 x 10^-8

Oga you self wicked
grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Adisaowalla: 7:47am On Jan 20, 2019
Olalekank:

1/70000000 = 1.4 x 10^-8

Oga you self wicked

You are more wicked for calculating it and sharing the result

grin

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by obainojazz(m): 7:58am On Jan 20, 2019
Hello shepkites.. How was y'all night?
Mine was two-onederful cool

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nitrogen(m): 8:10am On Jan 20, 2019
Olalekank:

1/70000000 = 1.4 x 10^-8

Oga you self wicked

WTF! You are wicked!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6574) (6575) (6576) (6577) (6578) (6579) (6580) ... (19186) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Omoluabi16(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.