Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,987 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10552587 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19185) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Koolking(m): 3:07pm On Apr 25, 2012
Please, when is Chelsea and Barca playing their second leg game? I anticipated the game last nite (24/04/12), but surprisingly it was postponed and both team used the pitch for training to while away the time.

Pls, can someone confirm when the real match will hold?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 3:27pm On Apr 25, 2012
coogar:

like finishing 6th in the league?

Like reaching the FA cup final and CL final.
Something Sir Alex Fuckinson would have killed to achieve this season considering the fact that he is at risk of going trophyless.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 3:27pm On Apr 25, 2012
Ibime:
If the question is who do you trust with transfer funds, I trust RDM infinitely better than Guardiola (a disastrous transfer-market operator - see Chygrinsky, Ibrahimovic, and the unnecessary signing of Fabregas which has weakened Barcelonas system) and Mourinho (spend-spend). Given that Chelsea do not have extreme amounts of money to spend anymore, RDM knows the market for undiscovered gems better than these guys as seen in his purchases of the likes of Mulumbu for West Brom.

Secondly, the likes of Guardiola being mentioned make some stupid tactical decisions at Barca, playing 3-4-3, 1-4-5 and all sort of nonsense systems without shape. Guardiola is a good disciplinarian, motivator etc but he is tactically atrocious. He will make exactly the same type of tactical mistakes that AVB made at Chelsea.

Speaking of tactics, RDM's tactical flexibility has been extremely superb in big epic games. Compare with Ancelotti's meek tactical surrenders in UCL over the last 2 seasons and you will appreciate the tactical flexibility RDM applies. Ancelotti had only one way of playing (he sometimes changed from diamond to 4-3-3, but the style of play was always the same except for Arsenal match where he counterattacked). Compare also with AVB's disastrous tactical changes when luckily leading Manure 3-0 with 30 minutes left and still managing to draw 3-3.

Some people told us that the reason we lost against Napoli in first leg is cos we have no Ezequiel Lavezzi's. By making some astute tactical changes and deploying Kalou, Mata and Ramires in other ways, RDM has proved that we can have the speed and width, even though we have no world-class wingers.

Give RDM the job!

guardiola is not tactically atrocious, i disagree with that.
he was just too intransigent in his bid to revolutionize football philosophy.
under him, barcelona have played better - they win 95% of their games and he's promoted some
exciting youth players. he does not use a plan b cos plan a rarely fails him.

that said, i am not saying chelsea should hire him or hire jose mourinho but the comparison
is daft. for every ibrahimovic or chygrynsky he bought, there were busquets, pique, pedro, messi, etc
they have won countless titles under him as well and the success of a football team is cyclical.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by islamrules(m): 3:48pm On Apr 25, 2012
like finishing 6th in the league?

Yes

FA reward IS far lucrative than premier league. Compare the financial reward.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 3:50pm On Apr 25, 2012
coogar:
that said, i am not saying chelsea should hire him or hire jose mourinho but the comparison
is daft. for every ibrahimovic or chygrynsky he bought, there were busquets, pique, pedro, messi, etc
they have won countless titles under him as well and the success of a football team is cyclical.

All inherited, not bought. The only successful signing Pep has made in 4 years is Pique.

In the same time, Barca have gone from financially solvent to having to take emergency loan last July after failing to pay player wages. . . all because of signings like Ibra, Chygrinsky, Cesc, even David Villa (all unnecessary)

coogar:
guardiola is not tactically atrocious, i disagree with that.
he was just too intransigent in his big to revolutionize football philosophy.
under him, barcelona have played better - they win 95% of their games and he's promoted some
exciting youth players. he does not use a plan b cos plan a rarely fails him.

Actually, Guardiola is a regular tinkerman, often making silly changes that destablise the team.

The signing of Cesc has been a curse in disguise, making him play all sorts of silly formations to fit Cesc in the team and dropping loads of points on the way.

I dont want any Barca manager in Chelsea, simple reason being all the tactical brain-farts they make at Barca is covered by some great players. Make those same brain-farts in any other team and they will flop badly. I argued vociferously against the signing of Frank Rijkaard here in 2008 and Rijkaard has since proved what a rubbish manager he is with extreme failure at Galatasaray and Saudi Arabia since then.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 3:56pm On Apr 25, 2012
Ibime:

All inherited, not bought. The only successful signing Pep has made in 4 years is Pique.

In the same time, Barca have gone from financially solvent to having to take emergency loan last July after failing to pay player wages. . . all because of signings like Ibra, Chygrinsky, Cesc, even David Villa (all unnecessary)

he was the manager of their youth team before he got promoted to the senior.
effectively, players like messi, busquets, pedro, thiago, etc developed fully under guardiola's tutelage.
give him his credits, will ya?

Ibime:
Actually, Guardiola is a regular tinkerman, often making silly changes that destablise the team.

often making silly changes? often? come on, bro.
it's called football evolution. football shouldn't be stagnant. i admire his tactical awareness
and his tenacity to change things to stay ahead of his peers in europe. you cannot fault him on that.
his title haul in the last 3 yrs is a testament to his brilliance.

The signing of Cesc has been a curse in disguise, making him play all sorts of silly formations to fit Cesc in the team and dropping loads of points on the way.

i don't really think cesc had anything to do with it.
villa's injury, the form of pedro and most importantly the absence of eric abidal ruined guardiola's season.
abidal would have kept ramirez in his pocket last night. he's the sergio busquets of the left back. i have never
seen abidal beaten by a right winger. he doesn't have so much pace but his positioning, tackling n interceptions make
him an outstanding tool to have at the back.

I dont want any Barca manager in Chelsea, simple reason being all the tactical brain-farts they make at Barca is covered by some great players. Make those same brain-farts in any other team and they will flop badly. I argued vociferously against the signing of Frank Rijkaard here in 2008 and Rijkaard has since proved what a rubbish manager he is with extreme failure at Galatasaray and Saudi Arabia since then.

of course - no barcelona manager can work at chelsea. there are too many mechanical players at the bridge.
roman must sell every player bar mata n torres if he wants a spanish manager. spanish managers are obsessed with ball possession.
that said, i still admire guardiola's qualities as a manager. i wouldn't mind him taking over alex ferguson.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 3:59pm On Apr 25, 2012
coogar:

he was the manager of the youth team before he got promoted to the senior.
effectively, players like messi, busquets, pedro, thiago, etc developed fully under guardiola's tutelage.
give him his credits, will ya?

Then we should send him to develop our youth team. . .

We dont have such players in our youth team, so his ability in the transfer market is what would determine his success at Chelsea.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 4:09pm On Apr 25, 2012
Ibime:

We dont have such players in our youth team, so his ability in the transfer market is what would determine his success at Chelsea.

he won 3 league titles, 2 champions league titles for the senior team. of course, he's proven.
you cannot tell me he has not revolutionise football tactics. his team dominates and they win 96% of the time.
how can you not like pep guardiola and his passing triangles.

if they had a fit villa, pedro and abidal, chelsea would have been slaughtered. i blame him for yesterday's loss.
there was no point playing 3 at the back after chelsea went a man down. he should have switched to 4-3-3 and pedro
should have played to offer genuine width to stretch chelsea's back line.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 4:31pm On Apr 25, 2012
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 4:47pm On Apr 25, 2012
coogar:

he won 3 league titles, 2 champions league titles for the senior team. of course, he's proven.
you cannot tell me he has not revolutionise football tactics. his team dominates and they win 96% of the time.
how can you not like pep guardiola and his passing triangles.

if they had a fit villa, pedro and abidal, chelsea would have been slaughtered. i blame him for yesterday's loss.
there was no point playing 3 at the back after chelsea went a man down. he should have switched to 4-3-3 and pedro
should have played to offer genuine width to stretch chelsea's back line.
IF. . . Thats one word i hate hearing in football. . .IF
Ok, how about IF Chelsea had a fully fit and in form Essien, Barcelona wouldnt have scored even a single goal.
Or
IF all Barcelona players were injured, it would have been a walk over for Chelsea. . .
How about that?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by eyoniggar(m): 5:31pm On Apr 25, 2012
You guys jst dont get it do yall? undecided The sending off of Terry signals that Chelsea wud win the CL, be it Bayern or Madrid as opposition in Munchen, Terry is despicable to the CL trophy so as Ballack.Congrats for yesterday, and congrats in Advance. wink
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 5:37pm On Apr 25, 2012
timbros:
IF. . . Thats one word i hate hearing in football. . .IF
Ok, how about IF Chelsea had a fully fit and in form Essien, Barcelona wouldnt have scored even a single goal.
Or
IF all Barcelona players were injured, it would have been a walk over for Chelsea. . .
How about that?

chelsea had a fit essien in 2009 when they knocked you guys out.
i mentioned 3 barca players who started the final of the champions league last season
and you're comparing to essien who is in his twilight of his career. no comparison, abeg.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by phatwall: 5:40pm On Apr 25, 2012
Di Matteo for president! grin grin

Seriously, how easy is it to manage a football team? Ibime is probably a better manager than AVB cheesy

Overpaid wankers them all tongue
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 5:47pm On Apr 25, 2012
BlueDiva:
Like reaching the FA cup final and CL final.
Something Sir Alex Fuckinson would have killed to achieve this season considering the fact that he is at risk of going trophyless.

killed for champions league final? he's played 3 of the last 4 finals.
chelsea are the club in crisis. a cup team!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by EFCC1(m): 5:49pm On Apr 25, 2012
LOL! Jose Mourinho &n Madrid players react to Chelsea Triumph

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 6:04pm On Apr 25, 2012
coogar:

killed for champions league final? he's played 3 of the last 4 finals.
chelsea are the club in crisis. a cup team!

He will. United stand a risk of winning nothing this season.
Tell me you and your red wankers won't be happy to be playing in both cup finals.

You look down on the excellent performance of RDM and yet praise the hopeless AVB.
Coogar what are you smoking?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 7:26pm On Apr 25, 2012
John Terry being left behind. . . grin

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 9:38pm On Apr 25, 2012
BlueDiva:

He will. United stand a risk of winning nothing this season.
Tell me you and your red wankers won't be happy to be playing in both cup finals.

You look down on the excellent performance of RDM and yet praise the hopeless AVB.
Coogar what are you smoking?

we are not a cup team.
winner of fa cup or carling cup are not the champions of england!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Walexpopsin: 9:48pm On Apr 25, 2012
Up chelsea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:58pm On Apr 25, 2012
Just as i wanted it.
Chelsea vs Bayern.

I wouldn't want to play JM and his Madrid side for anything in this world.
Home advantage or not i'm sure we can take on Bayern.

May 19th, we can't wait !
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:02pm On Apr 25, 2012
^^You spoke ma mind!

Bayerns midfield is one of the best. . . but their defence is naive, and I trust my men to exploit some gaps in there!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:30am On Apr 26, 2012
islamrules:

Yes

FA reward IS far lucrative than premier league. Compare the financial reward.

HUNH?

na wah o, the type of things u read on the shekpe thread sef
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:41am On Apr 26, 2012
Ibime:

@ topic,

Di Matteo has proved on at least 5 occassions that he is tactically suited to the big games.

Whether Napoli away, Benfica, Tottenham or Barca home and away, he has shown extreme tactical flexibility.

A staid and stagnant Chelsea have become vibrant simply by Di Matteo playing players to their strength - the likes of Mata, Kalou and Ramires in particular have been deployed in positions that get the best out of them, and add pace and extra dimension to the team to make the team adaptable against any opponent.

If we need to defend, RDM can defend. If we need to attack, RDM can attack.

RDM has the poise, confidence and media-handling for the job, and should be given the job.

I've been hearing some nonsense about RA and Chelsea suits wanting a big name manager that can move players on and handle new transfers. Why do you need that?

Most of the old players contract are coming to an end and they should simply let them go whilst squeezing every last drop out of them on their way out (as RDM is doing), not weakening the team by some foolhardy fixation with replacing older players who still have something to give (as AVB and RA have been doing).

If the question is who do you trust with transfer funds, I trust RDM infinitely better than Guardiola (a disastrous transfer-market operator - see Chygrinsky, Ibrahimovic, and the unnecessary signing of Fabregas which has weakened Barcelonas system) and Mourinho (spend-spend). Given that Chelsea do not have extreme amounts of money to spend anymore, RDM knows the market for undiscovered gems better than these guys as seen in his purchases of the likes of Mulumbu for West Brom.

Give RDM the job!

hmmn, na wah o. i think i will make a pdf of this post for posterity.

the painful part is when this nigga will make a u-turn, he will deny ever making these statements

when avram grant was interim manager, did he not appear to be doing these same things you are creaming your keyboard over? he was not fine enough for you abi?

did u mention mulumbu? so u honestly think that RDM or any manager will take over at chelsea and then start buying players like mulumbu? buying nobodies? at chelsea? i recommend breakfast for you.

furthermore, pls are you honestly saying that this chelsea team is not in need of clearing out the oldies? they have become "vibrant" abi? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin chei, laff wan tear my belle

ibime............ kai, this is embarassing

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:28am On Apr 26, 2012
odiaero:

See me in my office grin

Cant Recall Last When we Started Sharing Office! grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by efeboy(m): 2:26pm On Apr 26, 2012
Guys what do you think about Ramires!. I see a Chelsea legend in the making. That is what a sense of security

and feeling of been wanted can do to a player.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by johnie: 2:29pm On Apr 26, 2012
coogar:

messi missed a penalty.....in the midst of the chelsea celebration,
that fact has been buried. [size=14pt]imagine if ronaldo missed a pen that woulda
taken his team to a european final. hmmmm[/size]

HMMMMM!!!!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by debosky(m): 6:41pm On Apr 26, 2012
I keep telling cats here that Ramires is a priceless member of the Chelski side yet he never gets the credit he deserves.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 8:48pm On Apr 26, 2012
Ibime:

Trust me the players in the youth are infinitely technically superior to the first team.
Lucas Piazon, Ammine Affane, Islam Feruz, John Swift, Lewis Baker, Jonathan Chalobah, Todd Kane, Nathan Ake, Anjur Osmanovic.
Not to mention boys coming up in the U16s like Jeremie Boga. The days are of mechanical young players in Chelsea are effectively over.

-------------------------------------------------

On your post about RDM. I quite agree with many things you pointed out.
The type of tactical flexibility that you refer to is the deploying Ramires on the left in front of Cole to check the attacking threats of Danny Alves.
Then deploying him on the right in the reverse tie. Deploying in the hole and utilizing a 4-2-1-3 when attacking and Mata back to the left for a defensive 4-3-3 against Barcelona.

Management wise,

Calling up Romeu and Bertrand to slot in for Ashley Cole. Ashley needed that rest ahead of a crucial game.
He really has done well. He deserves the job. I say give it to him and all the support he needs.

However, it must be stated that Chelsea is in dire need of a change in playing staff.
Is RDM the man to oversee that change? It's a very different job from stabilizing the team.
I really hope he wins the CL and FA Cup and test the resolve of RA.

This will put to bed finally, the endless arguments we've had on here about the real reasons behind RA's manager appointments. Style before results or not.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by debosky(m): 9:46pm On Apr 26, 2012
nateevs:
I really hope he wins the CL and FA Cup and test the resolve of RA.

This will put to bed finally, the endless arguments we've had on here about the real reasons behind RA's manager appointments. Style before results or not.

If he wins the CL and gets the job that will confirm that RA prefers results above all else.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 9:52pm On Apr 26, 2012
debosky:

If he wins the CL and gets the job that will confirm that RA prefers results above all else.

Agreed. As RDM has not clearly shown his style anywhere.
If he doesn't then your argument of over 3 seasons, is shot to pieces in one fell swoop.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by debosky(m): 10:02pm On Apr 26, 2012
nateevs:

Agreed. As RDM has not clearly shown his style anywhere.
If he doesn't then your argument of over 3 seasons, is shot to pieces in one fell swoop.

Agreed - the key here is whether he wins the CL or not. . . .if he doesn't and simply reaches the finals, he'll simply be the younger version of Avram Grant and will be swiftly fired or offered the assistant coach job.

You still can't predict what RA will do though, he is still a partly whimsical billionaire.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 10:08pm On Apr 26, 2012
debosky:

Agreed - the key here is whether he wins the CL or not. . . .if he doesn't and simply reaches the finals, he'll simply be the younger version of Avram Grant and will be swiftly fired or offered the assistant coach job.

You still can't predict what RA will do though, he is still a partly whimsical billionaire.

Totally agree.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19185) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: User09, Trevor012(m), Phethar007(m), popizaino(m), Kimbeast, airmark(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.