Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,595 members, 7,809,155 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:45 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8605) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10428455 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8602) (8603) (8604) (8605) (8606) (8607) (8608) ... (19107) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Victornezzar: 8:52pm On Mar 27, 2020
airmark:

Should i bring receipts or should i 'look away'? grin
If you like bring receipts

Sometimes.... We dey switch allegiance cool cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 8:56pm On Mar 27, 2020
Ibime:

Italys' whole final year Med students got given their degrees and rushed into the field without writing final exams

The UK is about to Tow the same path too. Desperate times calls for desperate measures.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.pulsetoday.co.uk/clinical/clinical-specialties/respiratory-/over-5000-medical-students-will-join-nhs-coronavirus-effort-next-week/20040453.article&ved=2ahUKEwiH9badt7voAhXCQEEAHZStBEcQxfQBMAB6BAgGEAQ&usg=AOvVaw1JWmONLs5zxmF196aTB8-K

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:05pm On Mar 27, 2020
Chioma Dan get coro lipsrsealed
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Godx: 9:08pm On Mar 27, 2020
Sexual assault allegation against Joe Biden.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 9:14pm On Mar 27, 2020
iamoyindamola:
Chioma Dan get coro lipsrsealed

Me sef see am. I was still watching a video of Davido pressing her booobs 2 days ago, which makes me wonder how come he's negative and even the baby too undecided
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 9:19pm On Mar 27, 2020
Victornezzar:

If you like bring receipts

Sometimes.... We dey switch allegiance cool cool

Ok.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:20pm On Mar 27, 2020
BlueRayDick:

Me sef see am. I was still watching a video of Davido pressing her booobs 2 days ago, which makes me wonder how come he's negative and even the baby too undecided
I don't understand how the virus works same with buhari and abba.
But how come odoi and Arteta recovered and rugani never recover or the Italians
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 9:33pm On Mar 27, 2020
iamoyindamola:
I don't understand how the virus works same with buhari and abba.
But how come odoi and Arteta recovered and rugani never recover or the Italians

Except he's positive and also hiding like we suspect Buhari to be doing
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 9:33pm On Mar 27, 2020
BlueRayDick:

It will be irresponsible of Davido if he did it for clout.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 9:41pm On Mar 27, 2020
airmark:

It will be irresponsible of Davido if he did it for clout.

I sincerely hope it's not one of his childish stunts. He will not only lose fans, He will lose the respect of every sensible person around
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:44pm On Mar 27, 2020
BlueRayDick:

I sincerely hope it's not one of his childish stunts. He will not only lose fans, He will lose the respect of every sensible person around
ncdc recorded 5 cases almost the time davido tweeted I don't think he's joking but they test him and the 30 people again
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 9:52pm On Mar 27, 2020
BlueRayDick:

Exactly.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:37pm On Mar 27, 2020
I cant understand this picture of Afrodoc

In this picture identify afrodoc, diggz lana1 eph12 and elrony

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 10:41pm On Mar 27, 2020
eph12:

I think I doubt the guy's story. I'm just saying there are much easier ways to deny stuff without leaving any doubt or open to interpretation.

The whole twitter handle + comment was so extra and unnecessary. But one will have to wade through chaff if they are looking for wheat in Nigeria.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 12:40am On Mar 28, 2020
ibime

what is your opinion on maxing 401k contributions? I was seriously for it like 3months ago, but seeing how the market has done in this corona days and how the balance has lost 40% I am wondering if this is wise

I am assuming you know something about it? The IRS makes it tax exempt up to $20k this year

whats a good strategy to come out as winners in this Corona, Assuming there is a global recession and everyone didn't die

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by eph12(m): 9:33am On Mar 28, 2020
raumdeuter:
I cant understand this picture of Afrodoc

In this picture identify afrodoc, diggz lana1 eph12 and elrony
diggz is the wife na grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 11:07am On Mar 28, 2020
airmark:

Should i bring receipts or should i 'look away'? grin
lol.
The receipt man

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Swissh: 12:06pm On Mar 28, 2020
Cc Amoto94, Thorvikk55 .

Let's even ignore the fact that his last season for Arsenal was better then his first for United.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamoyindamola(m): 12:37pm On Mar 28, 2020
https://www.nairaland.com/5760633/100-nigerian-soldiers-killed-boko
Someone will say the media are adding fuel to stories,40 ,10 or even 1 these are family people thrown to war front without proper amenities
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by spillo1: 12:45pm On Mar 28, 2020
Swissh:
Cc Amoto94, Thorvikk55 .

Let's even ignore the fact that his last season for Arsenal was better then his first for United.
LMFAO.......One of the best debut season in United history if not the very best. Saying he Singlehandedly won us the league is very accurate. I will take a fit peak Van persie over a fit peak Drogba as Rvp is a more consistent goal scorer.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by thorrvik55(m): 1:17pm On Mar 28, 2020
Swissh:
Cc Amoto94, Thorvikk55 .

Van Persie at Arsenal is the greatest ever striker to have played the game of football... Happy Now?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 1:20pm On Mar 28, 2020
Godx:
Sexual assault allegation against Joe Biden.

I saw this coming, watch the list grow after Corona declines.
I am not absolving him because I can tell you tons of older white males especially those over 60 have been involved in some form of sexually harassment especially during their younger days. That being said, I am neither condemning him because we don’t know the truth yet.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by seankafor(m): 2:23pm On Mar 28, 2020
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 3:06pm On Mar 28, 2020
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 3:15pm On Mar 28, 2020
UK passes the 1000 deaths mark.
Na wa o.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 3:24pm On Mar 28, 2020
raumdeuter:
ibime

what is your opinion on maxing 401k contributions? I was seriously for it like 3months ago, but seeing how the market has done in this corona days and how the balance has lost 40% I am wondering if this is wise

I am assuming you know something about it? The IRS makes it tax exempt up to $20k this year

whats a good strategy to come out as winners in this Corona, Assuming there is a global recession and everyone didn't die

I think the market may still fall further depending on how quickly they can find cure for Covid so anything put into 401k could fall in the short term. If in 3 to 6 months, there is no cure on the horizon, markets will get jittery again. The caveat here is your saving on tax exemptions. In UK, pensions contributions are tax-free up to a maximum of £40k which means an instant doubling of cash as you forego paying Income tax and National Insurance on any Gross income you put into pensions. For example, I am maxed out on pension contributions as I get back £1 for every £0.48 I put into pension for the most part.

If IRS is tax free up to $20k, then under normal circumstances, you should aim to put as much of the full amount as you gain $1 for every $0.78 or $.76 put in, depending on your tax bracket. . . . . the stockmarket will have to lose 22% or 24% of it's value to put you in the red as compared to if you took the cash instead of putting in 401k.

However that depends on your personal circumstance and the industry you work in at this time. If you work in an industry that may be affected by this Covid, it may be wise to take the cash rather than invest.

At what age are you guys allowed to access your 401k BTW?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 3:46pm On Mar 28, 2020
Ibime:

I think the market may still fall further depending on how quickly they can fine cure for Covid so anything put into 401k could fall in the short term. If in 3 to 6 months, there is no cure on the horizon, markets will get jittery again. The caveat here is your saving on tax exemptions. In UK, pensions contributions are tax-free up to a maximum of £40k which means an instant doubling of cash as you forego paying Income tax and National Insurance on any Gross income you put into pensions. For example, I am maxed out on pension contributions as I get back £1 for every £0.48 I put into pension for the most part.

If IRS is tax free up to $20k, then under normal circumstances, you should aim to put as much of the full amount as you gain $1 for every $0.78 or $.76 put in, depending on your tax bracket. . . . . the stockmarket will have to lose 22% or 24% of it's value to put you in the red as compared to if you took the cash instead of putting in 401k.

However that depends on your personal circumstance and the industry you work in at this time. If you work in an industry that may be affected by this Covid, it may be wise to take the cash rather than invest.

Pensions savings don shrink here cos of this crisis but i am going to leave mine there cos of the tax benefits you mentioned, and i don’t really need it at this very moment, and importantly you get taxed extra if you try to access it early.

It’s one of my colleagues that I pity. The guy is retiring this year and has been lamenting how his pension savings keep shrinking by the day. I swear that’s all he talks about during coffee breaks.

By the way what is your opinion about investing in property at this time?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 3:59pm On Mar 28, 2020
afrodoc2:

Pensions savings don shrink here cos of this crisis but i am going to leave mine there cos of the tax benefits you mentioned, and i don’t really need it at this very moment, and importantly you get taxed extra if you try to access it early.

It’s one of my colleagues that I pity. The guy is retiring this year and has been lamenting how his pension savings keep shrinking by the day. I swear that’s all he talks about during coffee breaks.

By the way what is your opinion about investing in property at this time?

Hahahaha. The guy done suffer.

If you have cash, property prices go reduce well well after this. One of my guy going through a divorce already lost almost 10% of his property value in 3 weeks as of two weeks ago. His wife valued it 5 weeks ago, then he valued it 2 weeks ago and £40k was gone off the price. Estate Agent say na Corona cause am.

However, I personally don't believe property gives anywhere near the same returns as tax exemptions on pension unless you are lucky to buy in a place of explosive capital appreciation such as London or Banana Island 10 years.

As long as you plan to live long, the tax exemptions make a private pension by far the best investment option, so far you are happy to live a frugal life till then, and of course they give the money to your family if you die before then. What encouraged me to focus on pension was UK reducing the age you can access your pension to age 55, and with 25% lump sum tax free. I treat it as a very long term bank account that doubles my money instantly. Any stockmarket gains na just jara. I keep no other savings apart from pension and live mostly from month to month, but it be like say this Corona go teach man to always keep some liquid emergency fund.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 4:30pm On Mar 28, 2020
Ibime:

Hahahaha. The guy done suffer.

If you have cash, property prices go reduce well well after this. One of my guy going through a divorce already lost almost 10% of his property value in 3 weeks as of two weeks ago. His wife valued it 5 weeks ago, then he valued it 2 weeks ago and £40k was gone off the price. Estate Agent say na Corona cause am.

However, I personally don't believe property gives anywhere near the same returns as tax exemptions on pension unless you are lucky to buy in a place of explosive capital appreciation such as London or Banana Island 10 years.

As long as you plan to live long, the tax exemptions make a private pension by far the best investment option, so far you are happy to live a frugal life till then, and of course they give the money to your family if you die before then. What encouraged me to focus on pension was UK reducing the age you can access your pension to age 55, and with 25% lump sum tax free. I treat it as a very long term bank account that doubles my money instantly. Any stockmarket gains na just jara. I keep no other savings apart from pension and live mostly from month to month, but it be like say this Corona go teach man to always keep some liquid emergency fund.

Fair point. I believe it is always good to diversify a bit. Pension funds should always be the bedrock of savings but property can be good too if, as you alluded to, one buys smartly. I have a friend that regularly pays little to no tax based on tax exemptions from his various property investments.

If done in a good location you pay only the initial deposit and the rest is paid off with the rent. Hold on to the building for 5-10 yrs and offload it for between 150-200% of how much you bought it for.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 4:47pm On Mar 28, 2020
afrodoc2:

Fair point. I believe it is always good to diversify a bit. Pension funds should always be the bedrock of savings but property can be good too if, as you alluded to, one buys smartly. I have a friend that regularly pays little to no tax based on tax exemptions from his various property investments.

If done in a good location you pay only the initial deposit and the rest is paid off with the rent. Hold on to the building for 5-10 yrs and offload it for between 150-200% of how much you bought it for.

Yeah, property is still solid. I just tend to look at the percentages, and it depends largely on the tax regime in your country. For example, as you said, you can sell a property for 200% of what you bought it in 10 years time. However in the UK, you will get taxed 40% of rent you collect, you still have maintenance charges etc so people are starting to diversify from buy-to-let because of the change in tax laws.

On the other hand, UK tax exemptions on pensions will allow you to achieve that 200% instantly on pensions for a good portion of your income via 40% income tax relief and 12% National Insurance relief. So I'm turning every 48 pence into £1 instantly, and then still getting the benefit of the next 10 years of stock market rises.

If I meet that money at age 55 vs return from property, I think the pension will substantially outweigh the property return, and I can cash in the pension and buy properties then.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:52pm On Mar 28, 2020
Ibime:

I think the market may still fall further depending on how quickly they can find cure for Covid so anything put into 401k could fall in the short term. If in 3 to 6 months, there is no cure on the horizon, markets will get jittery again. The caveat here is your saving on tax exemptions. In UK, pensions contributions are tax-free up to a maximum of £40k which means an instant doubling of cash as you forego paying Income tax and National Insurance on any Gross income you put into pensions. For example, I am maxed out on pension contributions as I get back £1 for every £0.48 I put into pension for the most part.

I don't really need the money to survive for now, I don't know what job situation might be later but I am thinking that how much of it would I be losing in this market panic. This week alone despite the market bounce as a result of the stimulus I still lost like 4k in value.

We can access it at 65yrs.

Why I am asking mainly is that some stocks might be trading at all time lows, does it make sense to reduce what I am contributing and hold that cash for any opportunity that presents.

Per property prices, the US govt reduced rates and I am waiting to see if the mortgage rate from by 1 percentage point,

Do you think prices would have bottomed out or we still have gloomy days ahead?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 4:59pm On Mar 28, 2020
raumdeuter:

We can access it at 65yrs.

That doesn't leave many years of enjoyment. Although we do these things mostly for the kids, we should still enjoy some disposable income in our later years na. I think UK age of 55 is decent, but at 65 in US, I may think twice about putting everything into 401k and keep some in property that I can still access and enjoy in my 50s.

raumdeuter:

Why I am asking mainly is that some stocks might be trading at all time lows, does it make sense to reduce what I am contributing and hold that cash for any opportunity that presents.

Do you think prices would have bottomed out or we still have gloomy days ahead?

I don't think there's any stock in the main markets selling at all time lows except they are genuinely distressed. The indexes are still trading above 2016 level, and therefore they haven't bottomed. Only consistent Govt interventions can keep them from falling further in the absence of a cure for Covid on the near horizon.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8602) (8603) (8604) (8605) (8606) (8607) (8608) ... (19107) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: DynamoDeGreat and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.