Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,808 members, 7,862,672 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 10:46 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10434) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10740023 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10431) (10432) (10433) (10434) (10435) (10436) (10437) ... (19410) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 1:53pm On Nov 27, 2020
Kimbeast:

I don't want Alaba. His wages are too much and where exactly are we signing him for cause I can't see him accepting to sit on the bench.
Alaba earns 170k per week less than what Thiago earned before signing for Liverpool and earning more. Thiagi earns 210k or so.

Now that rumor that Alaba wants 400k is a lie, all this German directors and lying, he likely just wants to earn more than Lucas Hernandez and on parity with Muller, Never and Lewandoski on 250k-300k per week
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pkasso(m): 1:57pm On Nov 27, 2020
airmark:

Raumdeter, P.kasso, A.40 can you help us clear his doubts. grin
Hehehe. You no go ever free this man sha grin Na that one wey e nearly prostrate for Griezmann like a respectful Yoruba boy be my favorite grin Boateng na meme god.

But strangely enough, i have this new-found respect for him. The guy really tried for us last season. So no Boateng slander for me, at least until he starts his madness again.

10 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Sulele04(m): 1:58pm On Nov 27, 2020
I am for the signing of alaba, 28yrs old he is definitely in his prime.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kimbeast: 2:01pm On Nov 27, 2020
BlueAngel444:
Alaba earns 170k per week less than what Thiago earned before signing for Liverpool and earning more. Thiagi earns 210k or so.

Now that rumor that Alaba wants 400k is a lie, all this German directors and lying, he likely just wants to earn more than Lucas Hernandez and on parity with Muller, Never and Lewandoski on 250k-300k per week
According to reports he wants 350k per week or thereabout. At Bayern he wanted a 5 year deal with €25m a year also Zahavi his agent wants a €20m agent sign on fee and another €15m sign on fee for the player and Bayern refused.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Sulele04(m): 2:56pm On Nov 27, 2020

chelsea press conference smiley
Team News
Team news is that we are as we were. Christian Pulisic is back in, Kai Havertz was getting some minutes the other week.

Extending Thiago Silva's contract?
We have the option in Thiago’s contract.

On Tottenham
It is extra special because of the rivalry between the two teams, it adds spice. It remains special and because of the league positions, it is important.

On the the title race
I understand Jose’s answer, that is the position we should be in. The marker has been set by those two teams, I feel his position.

On Maradona
He was my idol growing up, he was the player on the world stage. I was fortunate enough to meet him briefly, he was a footballing god.

On Mourinho matches
It is important to approach the games against all the touches. This is what you want to be in this job for, to compete against the best.

Players and coronavirus laws
I have not gone that far down the line yet. I want players to spend Christmas with their loved ones, but I will deal with that nearer the time.

Fans return
It is a great first small step towards where we want to go to. Hopefully, it can go up as we are desperate to get fans back.

On Pulisic
To start is a question. Every player coming back is more difficult to start because of what is going on.

On Spurs' summer
They have bought in some experienced players, top level players that will strengthen their squad and it was a strong squad anyway. It was shown last night in the Europa League.

On needing to beat Tottenham
When you play rivals, it is important to try and win those games for confidence. In the bigger picture, there is a long way to go.

Will you have to think about when to attack?
You have to respect Tottenham and the way they are and the quality they have. They have ways where they can put pressure on you, they can counter attack but I am not relying on that. You can’t look past Harry Kane’s relationship with Son at the moment.

Is Jose tough to manage against?
Of course he is, you don’t have a record like Jose’s without being a top class coach. Tottenham are in good form, they have good players, a good manager and it will be a tough game.

Selection dilemmas
It is difficult but it is probably difficult for Tottenham as well. At the moment, I am happy with the level of competition at the moment. We come up against a Tottenham team similar to ourselves in depth, we saw that last night.

Conte comparisons last season
I am not surprised in anything in management because we all have jobs to do, all have personalities. I didn’t take offence to being compared to Antonio Conte, it was very different to how he did it.

Kane's development
The questions about Harry Kane are remarkable. He has matured as a player, he is a very impressive player and I think he is an intelligent player and that is why they are in a strong position. Harry Kane is in a sweet spot at the moment.

Son and Kane
I have got no qualms about that record, fair play to them. I’m aware of their threats, the understand is clear. It is something we have to be aware of, they are strong in lots of different areas and we have to try and nulify that. With players like Son and Kane, they have worked on that for years and I would love to get something here.

On Roman
The message is to try and win the football match for a very special landmark. As a player and a manager in a lot of games, I give him a huge thank you for his support, financial input, love and time put into the academy, the trophies we have won is all down to him.

COYB cool

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by OJURONGBE1(m): 3:17pm On Nov 27, 2020
obainojazz:
One is greater than the other lipsrsealed

Lukaku idolized him before sealing a move from Belgium.
Didi is really enjoying his retirement. See as Baba fresh grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Neobulletzz(m): 3:32pm On Nov 27, 2020
Chelsea against Tottenham would be our 1000th game of Roman Abramovich’s era

Need to send that off with a win

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by DExponential(m): 3:33pm On Nov 27, 2020
Werner was credited with the assist for Giroud's goal

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 3:52pm On Nov 27, 2020
Neobulletzz:
Chelsea against Tottenham would be our 1000th game of Roman Abramovich’s era

Need to send that off with a win

Chelsea's 1000th game......

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Neobulletzz(m): 4:43pm On Nov 27, 2020
Nikiballer:

Chelsea's 1000th game......
Yes, only just Abramovich’s era
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Neobulletzz(m): 4:44pm On Nov 27, 2020
cool

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Neobulletzz(m): 4:45pm On Nov 27, 2020

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 4:45pm On Nov 27, 2020
Neobulletzz:

Yes, only just Abramovich’s era

Chelsea was founded during Abramovich era na grin....
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 5:36pm On Nov 27, 2020
Kimbeast:

According to reports he wants 350k per week or thereabout. At Bayern he wanted a 5 year deal with €25m a year also Zahavi his agent wants a €20m agent sign on fee and another €15m sign on fee for the player and Bayern refused.
€350k na still £300k

And there are reports of Zahavi and Alaba's father calling Bayern ulli a big liar, and not saying Alaba is worth that. Who should be believed. A director that wants to make a player he is going to lose into a one leaving because of money, when we know how stingy Bayern can be when they want to, or the agent that will still negioiate with other calls.

Don't be surprised if Alaba signs for another club and German papers will say Alaba collects 500k per week
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Neobulletzz(m): 6:09pm On Nov 27, 2020
cool

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Neobulletzz(m): 6:09pm On Nov 27, 2020

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 6:18pm On Nov 27, 2020
Meme material grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 6:33pm On Nov 27, 2020
timbros:
Meme material grin

It's gonna be a classic

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by EarlRagnar2(m): 6:35pm On Nov 27, 2020
We have a fit squad....Death to Mou and his team of bottlers on Sunday cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 7:04pm On Nov 27, 2020
DExponential:
Werner was credited with the assist for Giroud's goal

I saw this on Livescore that day...d tin muzz me, but we're not complaining cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 7:06pm On Nov 27, 2020
Omo...so many subplots to Sunday's game.

Jose looking for his first win at Stamford Bridge since his second departure.

Roman's 1000th game.

Our first major test since this resurgence.

And it's a London derby.

8 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by thorrvik55(m): 7:16pm On Nov 27, 2020
BlueMann:
Omo...so many subplots to Sunday's game.

Jose looking for his first win at Stamford Bridge since his second departure.

Roman's 1000th game.

Our first major test since this resurgence.

And it's a London derby.

The game against Man-U wasn't a major test?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 7:31pm On Nov 27, 2020
Skimpledawg:
I wouldn't mind Alaba at all

As for me I don't want Alaba,especially if we think of him coming to play as a CB.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 7:33pm On Nov 27, 2020
thorrvik55:

I mean first major test since the attack AND defence both started to click, and the team became balanced.

Before the Man U game, we also drew goalless with Sevilla, so the defence was solid, but the attack was kinda blunt. Before the Sevilla game, it seems the attack was sharp but the defence was still shaky.

This will be the biggest game since the team became balanced, with the attack banging in goals and the defence keeping clean sheets at the same time.

10 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lateefGRDT(m): 7:33pm On Nov 27, 2020
thorrvik55:

he meant "since we have been in form"
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Actman05: 7:42pm On Nov 27, 2020
We need to win this weekend in order to make a statement.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by DExponential(m): 7:58pm On Nov 27, 2020
BlueMann:

I saw this on Livescore that day...d tin muzz me, but we're not complaining cheesy
Who are we to complain grin

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by DExponential(m): 8:01pm On Nov 27, 2020
Frank Lampard 08/09 - Let Down

134 chances created this season (third most in an individual Premier League season ever)

https://twitter.com/r_amze/status/1332328803314622466?s=20

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MorataFC: 8:09pm On Nov 27, 2020
Actman05:
We need to win tomorrow in order to make a statement.
why you dey hurry?
Tomorrow na Saturday
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Actman05: 8:13pm On Nov 27, 2020
MorataFC:
why you dey hurry? Tomorrow na Saturday
i have corrected it, don't be annoyed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by OJURONGBE1(m): 8:14pm On Nov 27, 2020
EarlRagnar2:
We have a fit squad....Death to Mou and his team of bottlers on Sunday cheesy

I think Giroud & Alonso should start the game ahead of Tammy & Chillwell.

The duo have been thorn in Spurs' flesh for 4 seasons, having them play a crucial part would benefit our team.
Well, its just my opinion tho!

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MorataFC: 8:17pm On Nov 27, 2020
OJURONGBE1:

I think Giroud & Alonso should start the game ahead of Tammy & Chillwell.

The duo have been thorn in Spurs' flesh for 4 seasons, having them play a crucial part would benefit our team.
Well, its just my opinion tho!
Giroud yes Alonso no, no, and No.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10431) (10432) (10433) (10434) (10435) (10436) (10437) ... (19410) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: USAfall2024, dcrested(m), bolu96(m), airmark(m), Android17, TheLequte, DynamoDeGreat, Agadinaagwuofe, Caicedobets(m), Ibunkun1(m) and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.