Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,237 members, 7,867,629 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 08:04 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10463) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10764207 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10460) (10461) (10462) (10463) (10464) (10465) (10466) ... (19451) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 8:54am On Dec 01, 2020
Ibime:
Unlimited22 and Sulele04 will disagree
I don't understand. Wetin join me for Here abeg?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by madrid5: 8:55am On Dec 01, 2020
Sulele04:
Werner misses sitters: "He's just tired".Tammy misses half chances: "He's not Chelsea level". HYPOCRITES
Timo Werner can miss chance for africa and still be useful on the pitch,just look at his assist against newscastle,meanwhile Tammy Abraham is a one trick pony ,a poacher,when he doesn't score he is literally useless you might be playing with 10 men,also Abraham lack the technical abilities and mentallity to play in big gameshe always goes missing

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 11:07am On Dec 01, 2020
Nice article detailing the beginning of institutional corruption in Nigeria.

https://ynaija.com/cheta-nwanze-historyclass-what-really-is-murtala-mohammeds-legacy/
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:09am On Dec 01, 2020
Unlimited22:

I don't understand. Wetin join me for Here abeg?

Sorry, na Cassanova I want mention
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Oasis007(m): 11:47am On Dec 01, 2020
grin

Eden Hazard has had more injuries (9) than goals and assists (7) since leaving Chelsea for Real Madrid.

Happy New Month.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 11:52am On Dec 01, 2020
donjazet:
Nice article detailing the beginning of institutional corruption in Nigeria.

https://ynaija.com/cheta-nwanze-historyclass-what-really-is-murtala-mohammeds-legacy/

Poorly written article claiming not to be spitting on Murtala’s grave but going ahead to do just that.

It was not a balanced article as it touched on a number of his negatives but no positives and did not give any context to anything.

Institutional corruption did not start because Murtala sacked en masse.

Murtala sacked en masse because of institutional corruption.

If you want to know how corruption started in Nigeria you have to go back further to the First Republic and probably more crucially to Gowon’s 9 year rule.

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by DExponential(m): 11:53am On Dec 01, 2020
NinjaMetahuman:
toteham had 0 shot in second half.

And the man brought in more defender.

Mourinho Na mad man grin
The guy been rest 10-11 players sef angry

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by DExponential(m): 11:54am On Dec 01, 2020
Na my guy but still grin

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 12:12pm On Dec 01, 2020
Ibime:

Sorry, na Cassanova I want mention
Cassa 'hates' Kovacic with every vein in him

grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bunsenbun(m): 12:14pm On Dec 01, 2020
Sulele04:
Werner misses sitters: "He's just tired".Tammy misses half chances: "He's not Chelsea level". HYPOCRITES
God if you knew how grateful I was when Giroud netted in the second goal against Rennes ehn...That Werner is just mad nii.misssing sitters left and right.. angry angry.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bunsenbun(m): 12:16pm On Dec 01, 2020
Oasis007:
grin

Eden Hazard has had more injuries (9) than goals and assists (7) since leaving Chelsea for Real Madrid.

Happy New Month.
grin grin grin ..Madrid fans kpele
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 12:20pm On Dec 01, 2020
afrodoc2:

Poorly written article claiming not to be spitting on Murtala’s grave but going ahead to do just that.

It was not a balanced article as it touched on a number of his negatives but no positives and did not give any context to anything.

If you want to know how corruption started in Nigeria you have to go back further to the First Republic and probably more crucially to Gowon’s 9 year rule.

I liked the article because it unmasks this charade of deifying murtala Mohammed.

The article does point out there was unarguably corruption in place already but murtala's selfish act of wiping out the civil service instigated the corruption in the civil service and most importantly the nepotism which still plagues it.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 12:34pm On Dec 01, 2020
donjazet:

I liked the article because it unmasks this charade of deifying murtala Mohammed.

The article does point out there was unarguably corruption in place already but murtala's selfish act of wiping out the civil service instigated the corruption in the civil service and most importantly the nepotism which still plagues it.

It is just not true. There was serious corruption in the civil service already especially in the Gowon regime.

That article lies somewhere between an outright lie and a rewriting of history.

In terms of the deification of Murtala that is only for those who believe anyone is perfect.

His actions during the Civil war and even the 1966 counter-coup have nothing to do with the supposed subject matter actually. This is why the article appears more to be an attempt to malign Murtala than any explanation of the origin of institutional corruption in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 12:44pm On Dec 01, 2020
afrodoc2:

The article died the moment the writer tried to sneaked in the Asaba 1967 Massacre story into the article. That very part of the article tears to tatters his claim of : "This is not a #HistoryClass to whitewash the legacy of Murtala Mohammed. Neither is it one to spit on his grave. "

The Cheta guy's bias didn't allow him do justice to a very good topic. He could've avoided the Asaba massacre story not to sound as someone who is stilled bittered by the alleged attrocities that happened in the war; some of which fingers point at Gowon, Murtala and other soldiers.

That aside, i think he could've done better by educating us on if truly civil servants back then we're. were incompetent, if they were involved in malpractice, falsified their ages, etc as claimed by Murtala. He should've balanced things by pointing at sources to either confirm the reason Murtala gave for their dismissals or otherwise. It is only after that we can argue whether the punishment of summary dismissal is a case of killing a cockroach with a pestle or a justified decision.

I agree with you what he did there is a lazy piece of journalistic work. Mr. Obimgbo he refrenced in the article could've been a civil servant who was getting paid doing nothing like we have so many people in Alausa today ( I actually have a friend there doing same)

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 12:50pm On Dec 01, 2020
afrodoc2:

It is just not true. There was serious corruption in the civil service already especially in the Gowon regime.

That article lies somewhere between an outright lie and a rewriting of history.

In terms of the deification of Murtala that is only for those who believe anyone is perfect.

His actions during the Civil war and even the 1966 counter-coup have nothing to do with the supposed subject matter actually. This is why the article appears more to be an attempt to malign Murtala than any explanation of the origin of institutional corruption in Nigeria.

Exactly my thought
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 12:55pm On Dec 01, 2020
BlueRayDick:

The article died the moment the writer tried to sneaked in the Asaba 1967 Massacre story into the article. That very part of the article tears to tatters his claim of : "This is not a #HistoryClass to whitewash the legacy of Murtala Mohammed. Neither is it one to spit on his grave. "

The Cheta guy's bias didn't allow him do justice to a very good topic. He could've avoided the Asaba massacre story not to sound as someone who is stilled bittered by the alleged attrocities that happened in the war; some of which fingers point at Gowon, Murtala and other soldiers.

That aside, i think he could've done better by educating us on if truly civil servants that were incompetent, if they were involved in malpractice, falsified their ages, etc as claimed by Murtala. He should've balanced things by pointing at sources to either confirm the reason Murtala gave for their dismissals or otherwise. It is only after that we can argue whether the punishment of summary dismissal is a case of killing a cockroach with a pestle or a justified decision.

I agree with you what he did there is a lazy piece of journalistic work. Mr. Obimgbo he refrenced in the article could've been a civil servant who was getting paid doing nothing like we have so many people in Alausa today ( I actually have a friend there doing same)

Very well said. No context whatsoever. I could have written a better article while playing PS4.

Why did Murtala retrench civil servants? He does not say.

Exactly how did this retrenchment lead to institutional corruption? He does not say.

No real mention of the oil boom.
No mention of the Udoji awards.
No mention of the proliferation of white elephant projects and other arbitrary and unnecessary contracts.
No mention of the size and state of the civil service at that time compared to other employers of labor.

I am not a Murtala apologist by any stretch but alleging that corruption started with him is ridiculous.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 1:14pm On Dec 01, 2020
afrodoc2:

Very well said. No context whatsoever. I could have written a better article while playing PS4.

Exactly how did this retrenchment lead to institutional corruption? He does not say.

No mention of the proliferation of white elephant projects and other arbitrary and unnecessary contracts.
No mention of the size and state of the civil service at that time compared to other employers of labor.

I am not a Murtala apologist by any stretch but alleging that corruption started with him is ridiculous.

The guy no try at all. The painful part is he was unable to link the rentrebchment to institutionalizing corruption.

It's more like he's justifying people stealing because people felt their pension/gratuities won't be paid after retirement. It's even more worrisome that he's trying to pin agelong corruption issue in Nigeria to someone who ruled the country for less than a year.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 1:34pm On Dec 01, 2020
afrodoc2:

This was the part that confused me....

I was scrolling down looking for where the writer joined the pieces together but alas, he left a history lesson on a cliffhanger

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 1:43pm On Dec 01, 2020
BlueMann:
Robertson vs Chilwell

Though Robbo has played more minutes.
Chilwell is really a defensive fullback, he still needs to learn how to dribble and shoot to be perfecto
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 1:46pm On Dec 01, 2020
nihilistjnr:

This was the part that confused me....

I was scrolling down looking for where the writer joined the pieces together but alas, he left a history lesson on a cliffhanger

Na like Naija film. Watch out for Part 2.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 2:21pm On Dec 01, 2020
The whole squad is fit, and Gilmour is in the squad.

A win tomorrow and we'll finish top of the Group, meaning the Krasnodar game would be inconsequential.

Lezzz goooo!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by johnstar(m): 2:44pm On Dec 01, 2020
Stupid people don carry politics enter here

Go to politics thread and laments ur stupidity there
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by seankafor(m): 2:52pm On Dec 01, 2020
johnstar:
Stupid people don carry politics enter here

Go to politics thread and laments ur stupidity there
na OG'S u dey call stupid oo

Use your head oo angry
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 3:15pm On Dec 01, 2020
lordfalcao:
God forbid.. i reject this in Jesus mighty name i pray.. amen

grin

Belotti scored again yesterday.

Despite playing for Torino and not yet back to his peak, he is still battling the big guns in the league on the scorers chart.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by eitsei(m): 3:22pm On Dec 01, 2020
airmark:

grin

Despite playing for Torino and not yet back to his peak, he is still battling the big guns in the league on the scorers chart.
Chelsea won't sign belotti, you should rest
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 3:24pm On Dec 01, 2020
eitsei:
Chelsea won't sign belotti, you should rest

If they sign a better striker no problem. They didn't sign VVD too and i didn't die, so wtf is i should rest? Abi lordfalcao is your daddy?

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 3:29pm On Dec 01, 2020
Billy G back in the squad smiley

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Sulele04(m): 3:29pm On Dec 01, 2020

chelsea news conference cool.

Team news
We are fully fit and ready to go.

Rotate the team?
Yeah, I will have to do that within reasons. Some players have been playing a lot. It's been a hectic schedule. We have had players knocking on the door, but we won't take it lightly.

John Terry to Derby?
I think he is destined to be a manager. He has worked very well at Aston Villa. I think it is a great opportunity for him potentially if true. I know Derby is a great club and he will be an ambitious manager if it goes his way.

Hard to motivate players?
It's certainly not a dead rubber, we want to win the group. The motivation for the players is to show why they should be in the starting XI. We are going well and if you switch the light off then it doesn't go your way

Billy Gilmour
He is fit and he could probably do with some more match minutes. He is in the squad tomorrow and it would be nice for him to get some minutes in these two group stages. He has a great attitude and will compete with the rest of the midfielders.

Sevilla
They are a fantastic team and they have a great coach. They remind me of a Premier League team with their attributes. I expect a tough match.

Hudson-Odoi
It was difficult to tell him that he wasn't in the Spurs squad as his attitude has been bang on. He was bright against Rennes and Newcastle. He is getting better and is back in contention and I want him to keep that going. I want him to stay positive.

What is the key for the match?
The key for us is to have the concentration and focus. We have to improve on how we played at Stamford Bridge. If we can keep the level of form then I really think we can compete.

Hudson-Odoi, how did he take being left out?
I am aware of Callum and where he is at, he took it well but it wasn't and easy conversation. I am not worried about the noise around it, I just have to pick the right squad. I have to work with him positively.

Playing in Sevilla
i am very proud to manage this club and in the Champions League. Seville is a fantastic city and it brings excitement to play in that stadium with a great history. It's what I am in the job for.

Hudson-Odoi, can you relate to where he's at from your career?
I can relate to it because we all have steps on the ladder. He got into the team and there was a lot of talk around him and he got a bad injury. Now time and work have shown that he's back and then you have to appreciate he is developing. I have to see the bigger picture and he is hopefully going to have 100s of games ahead of him. We have a big squad, it has to be a strength and not a weakness.

JORGINHO

Dealing with the competition for places?
I think it is good for the team. The level of the team is higher and the competition is higher. Everything is good like this. We have to work even harder to play.

No pressure at all, it's good for the team. I just think for the best of the team.

Found it difficult to not play as regularly?
Everyone wants to play, but the most important thing is to try to win. I am okay and I am working hard to be prepared.

Relentless schedule, maintain your standards with some rest?
In a way it's good, you can recover and be ready for the chance you have to play.

Head injuries, worried about what happened and head injuries in general?
It's very hard because we never want that. It can happen unfortunately and I am very sorry for that. We try to be careful, but it can happen.

Sevilla
We have big respect for their team. They are very organised and we have to try to press well. It's a high level of football and we have to create our chance.

What is possible for this squad?
i think I have played with so many good players. I am pleased for that. We have a big team with so many talented players, we are happy for that. We have to keep working hard and try to win games.

Sevilla physicality, prepared?
Yes I am prepared, and we are. We have been working hard about how to play against them. They are a very good. It will be a good game to try to win.

More on what Chelsea can achieve and there is a balance to the side?
It is a big squad, and we can challenge and keep the level high of the team. We have to look at every single game and see what happens.

After we work for a year you can know each other better and the coach can find the way to work and it's showing what we can do.

Can you tell us what you have been working on?
No. It's a surprise. We are working tactically as we know they have good organisation.

VAR, improved football or not?
For me, I think VAR is helping. I think it is trying to help.

Taking on Sevilla
It's a good opportunity for us to try to be top, that is a big thing. We know that and we will try to win the game.

The late Rennes goal and win
That is football, that's why I love it. You never know what is going to happen and it is just amazing, fortunately for us in that moment. I was so happy for Oli because he deserves it, the person he is. He brings so much for this team. Not just on the pitch, but the changing room as well., When I saw it going in, I was even more happy that it was Oli. Everyone loves him. He is such a nice guy and he deserves it

9 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 3:41pm On Dec 01, 2020
Lopetegui says Ocampos and Luuk de Jong are doubtful for the game

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 5:57pm On Dec 01, 2020
airmark:

grin

oga there's no peak for belotti. He is a mediocre at best...

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 6:25pm On Dec 01, 2020
lordfalcao:
oga there's no peak for belotti. He is a mediocre at best...

Same thing you said about VVD before he shamed you. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 7:11pm On Dec 01, 2020
Varane with a very important tackle...took one for the team, cos that guy would've been through.

E don injure the guy Sha.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10460) (10461) (10462) (10463) (10464) (10465) (10466) ... (19451) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: monerozi5590, Ijustwantto, Gucciboy, Sulele04(m), WhoDeyHause, Neimarjr, Ibukzy, TheLequte and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.