Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,488 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (11384) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10523618 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11381) (11382) (11383) (11384) (11385) (11386) (11387) ... (19163) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Silentgroper(m): 10:49pm On May 15, 2021
Ibime:

Alison is two inches taller than Kepa with longer arms
Yet he's less confident nd poorer in keeping compared to ariz ... My point is even with a taller keeper, d shot played by tieleman was swift nd there's a possibity dat mendy might nt have catch dat ball.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 10:49pm On May 15, 2021
Android17:

I did not tell you Kasper's save was more difficult. I said his reflex was BETTER needed there. But the position of the ball was to his advantage. In Kepa's case the position of the ball was to every keeper's disadvantage.

Bro, a taller goal keeper is very likely to save the ball. Kepa is not tall, that's why I don't blame him much.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:52pm On May 15, 2021
Silentgroper:
Yet he's less confident nd poorer in keeping compared to ariz ... My point is even with a taller keeper, d shot played by tieleman was swift nd there's a possibity dat mendy might nt have catch dat ball.

That goal with Kepa is not only a possibility but a probability. It's not impossible for Mendy to concede that goal, but it's improbable.

Fans have seen too many long shots go past Kepa to know that all these arguments that another keeper might not save it won't wash. Because we don't have those problems with other keepers except the Spanish dwarf.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Android17: 10:52pm On May 15, 2021
swiz123:

Bro, a taller goal keeper is very likely to save the ball. Kepa is not tall, that's why I don't blame him much.

If the taller keeper was quick to react, possibly, yes. But I guarantee you, having watched that shot like 7 times now, Mendy will not keep it out because he is naturally not as quick as Kepa.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 10:56pm On May 15, 2021
Ibime:

We are a team that wins by single goal, so having a bad keeper that let in a single goal is a big issue to us. Stop forming Captain Save a hoe. Kepa has been consigned to the trash bin a long time ago while Werner is still a member of our first team. Leave it to the fans to pinpoint their fall guy, not outsiders. You won't be here next week when we are playing Crystal Palace or Newcastle and Kepa does the same thing again. Don't just turn up once a blue moon to tell fans where to direct their anger. You are just being obtuse. You can't go to a Madrid thread and start blaming Rodrygo for a loss when the fans have decided to put all their frustration on Hazard. Because you don't sit with those fans every week to know whose cup is full. So just shut up. If you want to troll, troll, but stop.forming serious analyst for what is not your team.

grin grin grin

Yes sire!

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by JayKayMaybachz(m): 10:57pm On May 15, 2021
Chilwell going to price the FA Cup trophy from Senior man Kelz

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SCOOPERJEF(m): 10:57pm On May 15, 2021
[b][/b]
Android17:

If the taller keeper was quick to react, possibly, yes. But I guarantee you[b], having watched that shot like 7 times now, Mendy will not keep it out because he is naturally not as quick as Kepa.
[/b]what did i just read... Llllllllllllllllmao mendy not as quick as kepa mhen am owt

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by wman(m): 10:58pm On May 15, 2021
Lol.

Any time Kepa is in goal, that's when we start hearing things like "no keeper will catch that ball"

There is a reason why no keeper conceded more outside shots from 2018 to 2020 than Kepa.

It's always the same no keeper will save Zaha's ball or Salah's ball or Rashford's shot etc...

It's always when a certain keeper is in goal.

We probably would have been saying the same thing for Benzema shots in the UCL semi finals.

Kepa has short arms

Kepa is 6"1. Mendy is 6"5

Look at that goal. Kepa almost had a hand to it. Almost

Now tell me that Mendy won't have a better chance of saving the ball.

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Emaprince: 10:59pm On May 15, 2021
Tuchel is mad.

Kepa with his short arm...and no jump power.

Yeah our attackers didn't score, but that doesn't mean the basket in our goal should leak. It could have ended 0-0 and taken to extra time. After all the opposition keeper did his job well.

And no ediot should blame mount. He was the only one with a better attempt at goal.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by wman(m): 11:00pm On May 15, 2021
Android17:

If the taller keeper was quick to react, possibly, yes. But I guarantee you, having watched that shot like 7 times now, Mendy will not keep it out because he is naturally not as quick as Kepa.

Mendy not as quick as Kepa? Lmao

Mendy won't save a ball from yards outside box 18?

Same Mendy that saved a very fast ball from Benzema that most people didn't even notice at first glance?

Nawa for una.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Emaprince: 11:01pm On May 15, 2021
Android17:

What is this one saying?

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Silentgroper(m): 11:01pm On May 15, 2021
CaptainZubi:
But wait o Chelsea una seriously need those kind players wey dey play outside shots . Those lampard, Gerrard kind of players. That shit is always an extra edge coz a goal can always come out of nothing. Most especially with a team like Chelsea whose attack is very blunt.
Mheeen! . Liverpool needs one of those too. Mke madrid offload kross jare mke we carry am..

oops, we already have one, "henderson". He has been playing out of position lately nd he's on injury. Well having a backup would be nice.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Android17: 11:04pm On May 15, 2021
SCOOPERJEF:
[b][/b][/b]what did i just read... Llllllllllllllllmao mendy not as quick as kepa mhen am owt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdD4p10wkY8

Minute 6:22. Watch it again and again. Watch when the shot leaves Tieleman's foot then from that position, pause it as that is the point the keeper should dive. Then see if Mendy's arms will be 15 inches above Kepa's at that time to save the shot. It is easy to pause a shot when it is just over Kepa's arms without considering when he reacted to the shot. Meanwhile, people with lower center of gravity will dive quicker than taller people.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:04pm On May 15, 2021
wman:
Lol.

Any time Kepa is in goal, that's when we start hearing things like "no keeper will catch that ball"

There is a reason why no keeper conceded more outside shots from 2018 to 2020 than Kepa.

It's always the same no keeper will save Zaha's ball or Salah's ball or Rashford's shot etc...

It's always when a certain keeper is in goal.

We probably would have been saying the same thing for Benzema shots in the UCL semi finals.

Kepa has short arms

Kepa is 6"1. Mendy is 6"5

Look at that goal. Kepa almost had a hand to it. Almost

Now tell me that Mendy won't have a better chance of saving the ball.

Not only is Kepa 6'1. His arm length is the same as a 5'10 man. I even think the dwarf was standing on his tippytoes when they measured him for that 6'1 sef.

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Silentgroper(m): 11:05pm On May 15, 2021
Ibime:

That goal with Kepa is not only a possibility but a probability. It's not impossible for Mendy to concede that goal, but it's improbable.

Fans have seen too many long shots go past Kepa to know that all these arguments that another keeper might not save it won't wash. Because we don't have those problems with other keepers except the Spanish dwarf.
I cant help bt laught at "spanish dwarf". Well u chelsea fans knw better..
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MercylessMercy: 11:05pm On May 15, 2021
Nobody is talking about the useless inaccuracy in corners taken in this team. Mount has been shit in last two games in this regards and James who I thought will at fare better is also shit too.

Ziyech was the most absurd in this regards tonight. You can covert chance, can lay corner on a platter of gold for defenders too?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 11:06pm On May 15, 2021
grin grin cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:10pm On May 15, 2021
Emaprince:
What is this one saying?

It's the same thing they say everytime Kepa concedes long range shot, yet Kepa is the only keeper we have that problem with.

If Kepa is so fast, why doesn't a 39 year old Caballero who is same height with Kepa get beaten by those long range shots at the same frequency.

Kepa is not fast anything. He is slower than Caballero sef.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Android17: 11:11pm On May 15, 2021
wman:

Mendy not as quick as Kepa? Lmao

Mendy won't save a ball from yards outside box 18?

Same Mendy that saved a very fast ball from Benzema that most people didn't even notice at first glance?

Nawa for una.

Mendy not as quick as Kepa does not mean Mendy is slow. It just means Kepa is quicker. Mendy commands crosses/corners better, is a better shot stopper and better at improvising but he does not have Kepa's passing range, Kepa is slightly quicker and Kepa is a better sweeper keeper than him.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 11:12pm On May 15, 2021
The only time thiago spotted a man running along the wing,we scored albeit an offside. .....what stopped jorginho mr deep playmaker from playing those diagonal balls to our wing players ?

Could it be instruction from Tuchel or jorginho is just too limited to try something risky ?

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 11:12pm On May 15, 2021
fredoooooo:

Better than the ones you suffer that's still affecting you till today ... Barca vs Assnal champions league final
It makes many of you Assnal fans not to be able to think properly till today .
No wonder you all see the F.A cup as a champions league trophy cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin cheesy

All these History class because of ordinary loss...Tell me how u feel.. tell me more.. I need more Shalayes...

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:17pm On May 15, 2021
popizaino:
The only time thiago spotted a man running along the wing,we scored albeit an offside. .....what stopped jorginho mr deep playmaker from playing those diagonal balls to our wing players ?

Could it be instruction from Tuchel or jorginho is just too limited to try something risky ?

Guy, you need confidence to turn away from a man to try those balls. Usually to buy that kind of time to lift your head in midfield, you must have beaten a press with a good half turn or a 360. Jorginho does not have that in his locker. That guy is fooling everyone with 100 passes a game back to the defenders. Any decent midfielder that focuses on just that will be able to do it. The Koko is in riding a man on your back, spinning him and buying time to find players in space. This is why Xavi was my favourite. Nobody can spin a 360 on the opponent like him and keep off the pressure, meanwhile anytime Jorginho is pressured, he either pass to defenders or collapses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hPA-dfq_HM

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by TrebleChamp(m): 11:24pm On May 15, 2021
Hapi for Brendan, well deserved victory. The big ear is coming to London on the 29th of May.....
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 11:24pm On May 15, 2021
CapitalCee:
It is still very very possible for Chelshit to drop out of top 4 and lose the UCL final. This simple scenario will send me to orgasm

If this happens. As in Chelsea drops out of top 4 and lose the CL final.
I will do giveaway before the start of next season

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by KingAlabi: 11:25pm On May 15, 2021
HitlerGaddafi:

As if starting arinze wasn't bad enough, he also started Werner as a 9. How would you play a striker who doesn't recognize what a net looks like. That guy fumble abeg. Alonso and Ziyech were having bad games yet it took him forever to make his first sub..

What has looked like a good season might turn to a bad one if we drop out of top 4 and still lose against man city. Tuchel should realize this is Chelsea where the board and fans are unforgiving, a club where your yesterday can be forgotten in a blink of an eye. Nobody send your papa for this club o. You go collect sack letter ni. What was the point of even starting kepa? The guyman even made the announcement on Wednesday that kepa was gonna start and he kept to his word. What was that for abeg.
I am here for the tears Sha tongue

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Android17: 11:26pm On May 15, 2021
popizaino:

You guys played to beat them centrally but Rodgers was prepared for it. If you noticed, your wing backs were not putting in any crosses even when they got to the wings. Tuchel felt that Leicester were weaker in the middle and wanted to exploit it. It simply did not work. Towards the end of the game he tried to change things but if you noticed, Brendan just put more players in the centre.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by User09: 11:27pm On May 15, 2021
swiz123:
We didn't lose because of Kepa, Jorginho, Kante.... We lost because our front men made it too easy for them. We are too blunt. Waiting for Werner to play one brilliant ball after being a waste of space just so we can hail him for contributing is just pure mediocrity.

Ziyech doesn't have the vigour nor strong will to face aggressive teams.

I cannot criticize Mount for being blunt in attack and lacking in creativity because overly sentimental fans would not hear of it. He is always faultless. We should rather blame the substitutes for not equalizing the game.

If after today you don't know that the reason for our success under TT is largely due to our defence and that no attacker of ours should even dream of winning the best player...

Fine margins matter a lot especially recently under Tuchel. We need to be able to nick wins with our GK not in spite of him. He doesnt even inspire confidence among the back line

This has become a regular theme under Kepa. Every goal he concedes always gets debated. Also Curious that as soon as our opponents see Kepa they start taking long pops at our goal

It is not inconceivable that Mendy saves that. With Kepa, Always 1 shot 1 goal.

Another player who's escaped a lot of criticism tonight is James. Pretty useless in possession, Even Azpi at RWB was all over the place

Honestly, we've got a few upgrades to make. Under Tuchel, James, CHO and Chilwell are so negative in possession, constantly ignoring the space in front of them and preferring to stop and side foot the ball to a team mate.

They dont even take risks. Why are our players so scared of losing the ball. We need very direct players - Someone like Aouar in the team

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by KingAlabi: 11:28pm On May 15, 2021
donstan18:
All the vex wey I get for this season, I don vex am comot this night and I don’t know why this FA loss is just so painful to me.grin cheesy cheesy

I don comot hand for Chelsea matter like this for this season, if they win Ucl, cool. If they don’t, Na them sabi.

Never will I be caught watching that game with the mindset that we’ll win ManCity. cheesy
Trying saying all this without crying, I will understand better. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Android17: 11:28pm On May 15, 2021
raumdeuter:

If this happens. As in Chelsea drops out of top 4 and lose the CL final.
I will do giveaway before the start of next season

They will qualify through the league. I am pretty sure they will pick up 4 points from the 2 games left. As for the UCL final, anything can happen but I never thought Chelsea were good enough to beat City at full strength.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by fredoooooo: 11:31pm On May 15, 2021
Roland17:

All these History class because of ordinary loss...Tell me how u feel.. tell me more.. I need more Shalayes...
You can take history class at Villareal grin cheesy grin cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 11:35pm On May 15, 2021
swiz123:

If we are looking for whom to blame, we can as well blame James for playing such to foolish pass that got intercepted.

Exactkly ! James gave away possession cheaply shortly before the goal sef. He invited the pressure
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 11:36pm On May 15, 2021
BlueRayDick:
Senior man Airmark wondering if he could be subbed in for just 2 minutes to score an equalizing goal grin

I don't get wowed with FA cup. Sorry this is not me.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (11381) (11382) (11383) (11384) (11385) (11386) (11387) ... (19163) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: enigma0, forgiveness, A001, Debroslink, Unlimited22, USAfall2024, FergieRaww(m), Leyqute(m), Realtord43 and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.