Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (11423) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10510226 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11420) (11421) (11422) (11423) (11424) (11425) (11426) ... (19149) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 9:40pm On May 21, 2021
CaptainZubi:
Omo this COAS death is really shocking o. And I bin like the guy mehn most especially his accent. Baba speaks well. It takes just a second to die but we humans live like immortals. This life sha

It's funny how the guy barefaced told the house of assembly members to either to ask his predecessor about arms purchase or go 4ck themselves and he turns up dead in a military plane crash less than 2 months after.

His death is definitely going to lower the morale of the troops already spread thin all over the country either fighting insurgency and banditry in ghe north or combating UGM in the east.

I just hope the junior officers won't stage a military coup and take control of this country once and for all.

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SodO9: 9:43pm On May 21, 2021
BlueRayDick:

It's funny how the guy barefaced told the house of assembly members to either to ask his predecessor about arms purchase or go 4ck themselves and he turns up dead in a military plane crash less than 2 months after.

His death is definitely going to lower the morale of the troops already spread thin all over the country either fighting insurgency and banditry in ghe north or combating UGM in the east.

I just hope the junior officers won't stage a military coup and take control of this country once and for all.
What is dead can never die
As for the bolded, I doubt something like that can happen again
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 10:09pm On May 21, 2021
SodO9:

I used to think so too, but recent happenings have made me have a rethink. The junior officers have the short end of the Stick while the senior officers have been profiting from the never ending so called war against Terror.

It just takes the just takes the the cry of the masses ( which will surely happen if the proposed subsidy removal is carried out at this critical period) and the determination of some idealist junior officers and boom! There u have it.

We already have cases of deserting officers, some officers speaking on camera against being under equipped and also cases of some officers refusing orders like shooting at unarmed civilians. U think everybody in the army is cool with th massacre of Shittes right from the days of buratai?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 10:25pm On May 21, 2021
Emmynator:

Nigeria problem is multifaceted, most efforts to correct things have been one sided, everyone doesn't see his fault as part of the problem, let's focus on more important problems we say and that's why there is no result.
We are praying for politicians to die but the common is licking his lips saying "if I get there ehn, my own go worse".
I don't like saying this, but I have given up on Nigeria. I don't know how we want to start solving things.
Like you said we are all the problem of the country, every single one of us including you, including me.
there is nothing we can do, revolution will destroy the country, cause even if you remove the government, tribalism will replace it and people wouldn't want to be fair, military is 75% northerners, there is no silver lining, if you want to divide the country by tribe or religion, it will be a mess

This guy breaks the whole mess down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvKONiRHgkU

SodO9:

when government keeps pumping billions into the military to fight boko haram

They keep stealing the money and sharing for themselves, why will they want coup besides na wuss full military these days, obasanjo neutered them well, we have been fighting boko haram since 2003, anybody when never realize say na business na mugu.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 11:41pm On May 21, 2021
SodO9:

Forget economy and other indicators, Nigeria’s military is at its most vulnerable state right now! The security challenges across the country makes the entire system at the edge and brink of a total collapse. If there was a time for a coup, it would be right now because the ground is extremely fertile. Let me assure you that there are tons of disgruntled military officers especially within the lower cadre.

With that being said and based off my calculations, the only saving grace from a coup happening at this time is this..If a coup is to happen, it would have to be spearheaded by someone from the South and I don’t think anyone from that region inside the military will want to do that because it would be one hell of a daunting task..
More so, they don’t have the machinery/ structure within to get any kind of sympathy of support from their Northern colleagues for that cause. it will be killed faster than it was even started.

So that leaves it to any officer/ soldier from the North or maybe the Middle but we know where their allegiance lie. I don’t see any soldier from the North carrying out a coup during the regime of a President from the North. The situation in the North plays to the advantage of the President consequently a coup by even a Northerner will meet strong resistance from the people there.

If the President was from the South and Nigeria is at this stage and situation, a coup would have happened by now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CaptainZubi: 11:53pm On May 21, 2021
BlueRayDick:

His death should be investigated coz it is so suspicious. This is coming after the ordered an investigation to some of the anomalies involving the finances for arms procurement during the previous administration of Tukur Buratai. . And he was so damn serious about it.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CaptainZubi: 11:58pm On May 21, 2021
BlueRayDick:

The last junior officer to stage a coup was major Gideon orkar and he failed woefully. It's not that easy for a junior officer to stage a coup, not in today's Nigerian army. But like I'll keep saying, a military administration is what this country needs at the moment. Although not many people will buy that idea. We need am abeg, something similar to the KAI of idiagbon and baba buhari. Everywhere is just lawless , insecurity is very high, kidnapping is now a business.. See what happened at oshodi on Thursday when soldiers went Gaga . A danfo driver and his conductor had a disagreement with a soldier who was also a passenger on their way from oshodi to ikorodu. You know the way these oshodi boys behave like they own Lagos State . They told the soldier they were going to teach him a bitter lesson. When they got to their destination, everybody got down and they prevented the soldier guy from going down. They drove off and went to kill him. His body was found two days later and the news got to his base at ikeja.. what gave them that kind of confidence.. oh I remember it's oshodi boys now . . I can't count the number of times I've been robbed back in those days. Even now you dare not waka anyhow from 9PM till 6AM in oshodi , you'll be robbed and they can do anything to dispose you off your valuables even if it means stabbing you to death.. . Omo this country is getting scarier mehn.... The military needs to take full power and not under command of any GCFR

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SodO9: 12:53am On May 22, 2021
Roland17:

Forget economy and other indicators, Nigeria’s military is at its most vulnerable state right now! The security challenges across the country makes the entire system at the edge and brink of a total collapse. If there was a time for a coup, it would be right now because the ground is extremely fertile. Let me assure you that there are tons of disgruntled military officers especially within the lower cadre.

With that being said and based off my calculations, the only saving grace from a coup happening at this time is this..If a coup is to happen, it would have to be spearheaded by someone from the South and I don’t think anyone from that region inside the military will want to do that because it would be one hell of a daunting task..
More so, they don’t have the machinery/ structure within to get any kind of sympathy of support from their Northern colleagues for that cause. it will be killed faster than it was even started.

So that leaves it to any officer/ soldier from the North or maybe the Middle but we know where their allegiance lie. I don’t see any soldier from the North carrying out a coup during the regime of a President from the North. The situation in the North plays to the advantage of the President consequently a coup by even a Northerner will meet strong resistance from the people there.

If the President was from the South and Nigeria is at this stage and situation, a coup would have happened by now.

You just explained why coup won't again
These people are the majority in the military, if south and west decide to form partnership (another dead end) who will attain the role of leadership when the coup is achieved
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 6:10am On May 22, 2021
CaptainZubi:

The last junior officer to stage a coup was major Gideon orkar and he failed woefully. It's not that easy for a junior officer to stage a coup, not in today's Nigerian army. But like I'll keep saying, a military administration is what this country needs at the moment. Although not many people will buy that idea. We need am abeg, something similar to the KAI of idiagbon and baba buhari. Everywhere is just lawless , insecurity is very high, kidnapping is now a business.. See what happened at oshodi on Thursday when soldiers went Gaga . A danfo driver and his conductor had a disagreement with a soldier who was also a passenger on their way from oshodi to ikorodu. You know the way these oshodi boys behave like they own Lagos State . They told the soldier they were going to teach him a bitter lesson. When they got to their destination, everybody got down and they prevented the soldier guy from going down. They drove off and went to kill him. His body was found two days later and the news got to his base at ikeja.. what gave them that kind of confidence.. oh I remember it's oshodi boys now . . I can't count the number of times I've been robbed back in those days. Even now you dare not waka anyhow from 9PM till 6AM in oshodi , you'll be robbed and they can do anything to dispose you off your valuables even if it means stabbing you to death.. . Omo this country is getting scarier mehn.... The military needs to take full power and not under command of any GCFR

The reason why I think a military coup might be in the offing is the fact that shortly before buratai left he was kind of reading the military boys riot act and talking about a rumored coup. He advised them to shun advances from politicians going about discussing possibilities of a military coup with them.

Like Roland17 said there are so many disgruntled officers in the Nigerian army right now. Not many of them are cool with the way this Boko Haram war is being prosecuted with their boss being sent to the slaughter ground almost bare handed....while the senior officers divert most of the yearly defence budget .

Yes u are right about the country needing a really strong hand at this moment especially when u think about how security challenge has been a major issue. Places like Ikorodu, Oshodi, Eko bridge, Lekki-Epe expressway, Ijebu-ode by pass, Lagos-Benin expressway etc are top crime zone that are dreaded right now. The morale of all security outfits are at all time low leaving room for men of the underworld to harrass, Rob, kidnap and sometimes kill people while security agents seem useless.

Anybody who still thinks this present government can still bounce back and save the nation is a BIG FOOOOOOL

10 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 6:13am On May 22, 2021
SodO9:

You just explained why coup won't again
These people are the majority in the military, if south and west decide to form partnership (another dead end) who will attain the role of leadership when the coup is achieved

Coup d'etat always looks it won't work till the last minute. They just need some young and determined officers who are united by a common goal and the rest will be sorted. Normally one of the first thing they will do is neutralize the most senior officers. (I hope that is not what has already begun). Imagine 4 generals died in a military plane crash in one day. That doesn't appear normal to me o
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 7:00am On May 22, 2021
BlueRayDick:

Coup d'etat always looks it won't work till the last minute. They just need some young and determined officers who are united by a common goal and the rest will be sorted. Normally one of the first thing they will do is neutralize the most senior officers. (I hope that is not what has already begun). Imagine 4 generals died in a military plane crash in one day. That doesn't appear normal to me o
which common goal unites Nigerians?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 7:11am On May 22, 2021
Havertz10:
which common goal unites Nigerians?

I didn't say Nigerians in general, I said common goal that unites the officers.

I know tribalism, religious sentiments etc have divided us right from independence but somehow coup plotters have always found a common ground to carry out putsch in the past. It could be the desire to stop corruption that has ravaged the once revered military as an institution, it could be the need to restore peace and order all over the country, it could be the need to deal with corrupt politicians, it could even be the need to curb favoritism and nepotism that has marred appointment of principal officers in the army etc.

One thing I know is for a coup to happen the plotters will need to have one common goal

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Amoto94(m): 7:24am On May 22, 2021
Havertz10

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 7:24am On May 22, 2021
Can it happen?

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 7:29am On May 22, 2021
He clearly wants to leave...

Na Levy go be him stumbling block.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Amoto94(m): 7:30am On May 22, 2021
timbros:
Can it happen?
With his injury troubles of late I am afraid that we may end up with another Torres situation if we end up signing him, I will prefer us going all the way for either Haaland or Lautaro Martinez.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 7:42am On May 22, 2021
Amoto94:

With his injury troubles of late I am afraid that we may end up with another Torres situation if we end up signing him, I will prefer us going all the way for either Haaland or Lautaro Martinez.
i'm not an ageist but once a player gets to 27 years, for me their career is over, unless it's Ronaldo or messi level of player and kane isn't, his injuries are ankle injuries, those ones get worst as the player grows older, we should commit all our resources to haaland, we have a project with young players asides mount that should entice the guy, we can get messi, it's not beyond the realm of possibility, he will boost our brand and draw alot of clout to the club.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by KingAlabi: 8:36am On May 22, 2021
Havertz10:
i'm not an ageist but once a player gets to 27 years, for me their career is over, unless it's Ronaldo or messi level of player and kane isn't, his injuries are ankle injuries, those ones get worst as the player grows older, we should commit all our resources to haaland, we have a project with young players asides mount that should entice the guy, we can get messi, it's not beyond the realm of possibility, he will boost our brand and draw alot of clout to the club.
Your hatred for mount is something else oh.

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Whizlight(m): 9:04am On May 22, 2021
KingAlabi:

leave am make him dey hate. The boy will continue to choke him
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 9:39am On May 22, 2021
KingAlabi:

I don't hate him, he is simply not good enough, if he was a keeper or defender I wouldn't be bothered, zouma is a dunce but his uselessness doesn't affect the team compared to mount that is directly involved in our attack and makes it blunt.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 9:47am On May 22, 2021
BlueRayDick:

I used to think so too, but recent happenings have made me have a rethink. The junior officers have the short end of the Stick while the senior officers have been profiting from the never ending so called war against Terror.

It just takes the just takes the the cry of the masses ( which will surely happen if the proposed subsidy removal is carried out at this critical period) and the determination of some idealist junior officers and boom! There u have it.

We already have cases of deserting officers, some officers speaking on camera against being under equipped and also cases of some officers refusing orders like shooting at unarmed civilians. U think everybody in the army is cool with th massacre of Shittes right from the days of buratai?

The structure of Nigeria as a whole and the Nigerian Army in particular is too complex for such to succeed. I can't think of any junior officer coup that has ever succeeded in Nigeria. And that was when we had only a couple of divisions, not to talk of now wey divisions yapa.
Before they co-opt the large number of people needed to carry out the coup someone will leak it to the authorities.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:19am On May 22, 2021
I've been watching Haaland recently.

There is something a bit Abrahamish about him. I'm not convinced.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by KingAlabi: 10:28am On May 22, 2021
Havertz10:
I don't hate him, he is simply not good enough, if he was a keeper or defender I wouldn't be bothered, zouma is a dunce but his uselessness doesn't affect the team compared to mount that is directly involved in our attack and makes it blunt.
You know he is better than havertz right?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by KingAlabi: 10:29am On May 22, 2021
Ibime:

I don't get grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by OVA200(m): 10:29am On May 22, 2021
Ibime:

Same as me.
I'm not 100% convinced yet.

My trusted young striker now is lautaro Martinez or we should just get Danny ings for cheap and add Sancho or grealish.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:31am On May 22, 2021
OVA200:
Same as me.
I'm not 100% convinced yet.

My trusted young striker now is lautaro Martinez or we should just get Danny ings for cheap and add Sancho or grealish.

Danny Ings for cheap is a good start. Anytime.Ings injure, Havertz can play striker
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:32am On May 22, 2021
KingAlabi:

I don't get grin grin

The guy no be strong pointman
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by KingAlabi: 10:33am On May 22, 2021
Ibime:

The guy no be strong pointman
One thing I love about haaland is the fact that he needs a half chance to score.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by KingAlabi: 10:34am On May 22, 2021
Ibime:

Danny Ings for cheap is a good start. Anytime.Ings injure, Havertz can play striker
Danny ings na medical student oh, you wan make e come do master's degree for Chelsea?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 10:34am On May 22, 2021
Ibime:

Ibime you don come o grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:35am On May 22, 2021
KingAlabi:

Danny ings na medical student oh, you wan make e come do master's degree for Chelsea?

Na true sha. But that guy finishing too good.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 10:37am On May 22, 2021
Who and who can you identify here?

Take a good look at the Player of The Tournament cool cool if you know you know

(1) (2) (3) ... (11420) (11421) (11422) (11423) (11424) (11425) (11426) ... (19149) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.