Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,151 members, 7,864,002 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 10:13 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (11466) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10747870 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11463) (11464) (11465) (11466) (11467) (11468) (11469) ... (19423) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 9:00am On May 28, 2021
Jorginho mistake vs Arsenal and we concede a goal.

Kovacic mistake vs Leicester and we concede a goal.

Pep is watching....he is no fool.

The kind high press we go receive tomorrow eh... I just hope and wish these guys go know when to clear the ball anywhere belle face.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 9:07am On May 28, 2021
Whatever happens, we MUST NOT chase the game!

Since Atletico till now, we have not gone behind in any tie. Please we should keep it that way.

Arsenal and Leicester games have taught us that we find it extremely hard to turn around a game. And Pep is more pragmatic these days. Gone were those days he plays only attack attack attack.

If we concede first, I go just find screwdriver take lose my hope cry

Having said all that, I have a firm belief that we will come out victorious. We are going into this game as slight underdogs and I love it that way. Lets soak their pressure and hit them on the counter with Timo, Mount and Ziyech/Pulisic pace...

One last push guys! Let's go there!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SodO9: 9:55am On May 28, 2021
Ibime:
Tomorrow is the big day

Fenibeso ep us
For months now this is the first time you calling on Fenibeso
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 9:57am On May 28, 2021
FergieRaww:

People like you my friend are hard to convince.. so i'll just leave you with your ignorance sir smiley
I think that what he accomplished is massive but nobody respects him because he is tactically clueless, if you watched our game against Madrid, tuchel had the guy in his pocket over both legs, there was nothing zidane could do

Did you feel threatened by Madrid at all? Be honest na, i'm opened to learn, if you can prove that he has tactics, show me, cause I have watched many games that he coached and you can see it that he was Lampard with a better team, even espn pundits talk about him not being regarded as a good coach but a good man manager, accomplishment no mean say person automatically good, di Matteo won the champions league with Chelsea but he can't get a job at a top team today

Watch from 2:45

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StREd7qNZwg

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Mecka: 10:00am On May 28, 2021
Good luck mancity

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by macjireh: 10:03am On May 28, 2021
timbros:

The kind high press we go receive tomorrow eh... I just hope and wish these guys go know when to clear the ball anywhere belle face.
pep is somewhere scared he will lose d final,, whereas d whole world is making him a god dat is so perfect... it will be a shocker tomorrow.... my only prayer is dat TT should get his best starting lineup...I don't care wat city will bring

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 10:13am On May 28, 2021
alekside:
So, meeting Monaco, Lyon and Spurs in the knockout phase of UCL is being unlucky with tough draw?
there are so many things at play, everybody takes champions league seriously, see villarreal and United, that united team without a manager will easily beat villarreal

But they were able to steal it, this is one the reasons I dislike mount because when moments like that come, mediocre players with no talent can't do anything, cause most players are motivated to play very well

Pep has underperformed based on his reputation but does that mean that teams that removed city were better than city? Coaches can get tactics wrong before a game especially someone like pep that likes to tinker, it's not my personal opinion, it's just the truth, I don't know if you watch F1 but see Hamilton for instance, many people know that he isn't a great driver but because Mercedes have the best car, he will shine but if you tell some people that Hamilton isn't a good driver, they will argue because they don't understand, winning no mean say you good especially in sports that so many things are at play, pep came to the premier league refused to play our method of football and has dominated the league, liverpool had to enter god mode to win it last season.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Taguchi: 10:28am On May 28, 2021
God certainly works in mysterious ways

after all the bashing these shekpites have given fraudiola for ages, it is quite poetic that the same fraud will be the one to send millions of shekpites into depression tomorrow and give aparisports inc ETERNAL victory over their fierce rivals the aquatic citadelas that will be referenced for all ages.

tomorrow gon be lit!! tongue

oh Lord have your way

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by OVA200(m): 10:33am On May 28, 2021
Havertz10:
I think that what he accomplished is massive but nobody respects him because he is tactically clueless, if you watched our game against Madrid, tuchel had the guy in his pocket over both legs, there was nothing zidane could do

Did you feel threatened by Madrid at all? Be honest na, i'm opened to learn, if you can prove that he has tactics, show me, cause I have watched many games that he coached and you can see it that he was Lampard with a better team, even espn pundits talk about him not being regarded as a good coach but a good man manager, accomplishment no mean say person automatically good, di Matteo won the champions league with Chelsea but he can't get a job at a top team today

Watch from 2:45

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StREd7qNZwg
Guy all these opata doesn't make any sense.

Why didn't di Mateo win the UCL 3 times also? Since it's luck and di Mateo is now a case study.

Not all coach will be a Mourinho, Pep or Conte; the primary purpose is getting the best out of your team.
I can tell you for free that klopp is not tactics savvy as Tuchel but he know how to get the best out of his team through man management ability, not every coach will be using 40 leaves exercise book every matchday.

2x la Liga title
3x UCL
3x USC
3x CWC
etc cannot be luck or a coincidence because nobody in the history of the sport has ever been that lucky.

Tuchel neutralizing his tactics doesn't means he didn't use any tactics especially that 2nd leg he didn't play his normal game plan he tried to match our formation with vinicious playing wing back which is not outrightly naive to me; Tuchel bettering him in those ties doesn't means he is clueless.
Remember Tuchel have also better Pep twice this season with city having only 1 shot on target for 90 mins, does that also means pep is clueless?

Madrid getting to UCL semi final and 2nd in the league is a fantastic work because of their massive injury problem this season; i don't think any team have been more unlucky with injury in recent years.

In-between Zidane two tenure at Madrid they hired 2 different coaches both flopped badly and immediately Zidane took over again he find a way to steady the ship and won the league, to me those can never be luck or coincidence.
He is not on the level of pep, Tuchel, Mourinho, Conte tactics wise but he is a very good coach with effective footballing ideas.

Just down all these misyarn.

13 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 10:39am On May 28, 2021
OVA200:
Guy all these opata doesn't make any sense.

Why didn't di Mateo win the UCL 3 times also? Since it's luck and di Mateo is now a case study.

Not all coach will be a Mourinho, Pep or Conte; the primary purpose is getting the best out of your team.
I can tell you for free that klopp is not tactics savvy as Tuchel but he know how to get the best out of his team through man management ability, not every coach will be using 40 leaves exercise book every matchday.

2x la Liga title
3x UCL
3x USC
3x CWC
etc cannot be luck or a coincidence because nobody in their history of the sport has ever been that lucky.

Tuchel neutralizing his tactics doesn't means he didn't use any tactics especially that 2nd leg he didn't play his normal game plan he tried to match our formation with vinicious playing wing back which is not outrightly naive to me; Tuchel bettering him in those ties doesn't means he is clueless.
Remember Tuchel have also better Pep twice this season with city have only 1 shot on target in 90 mins, does that also means pep is clueless?

Madrid getting to UCL semi final and 2nd in the league is a fantastic work because of their massive injury problem this season; i don't think any team have been so unlucky with injury in recent years.

In-between Zidane two tenure at Madrid they hired 2 different coaches both flopped badly and immediately Zidane took over again he find a way to steady the ship and won the league, to me those can never be luck or coincidence.
He is not on the level of pep, Tuchel, Mourinho, Conte tactics wise but he is a very good coach with effective footballing ideas.
I couldn't agree more.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by OVA200(m): 10:42am On May 28, 2021
Havertz10:
I couldn't agree more.
You agree he is not clueless too?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 10:46am On May 28, 2021
Taguchi:
God certainly works in mysterious ways

after all the bashing these shekpites have given fraudiola for ages, it is quite poetic that the same fraud will be the one to send millions of shekpites into depression tomorrow and give aparisports inc ETERNAL victory over their fierce rivals the aquatic citadelas that will be referenced for all ages.

tomorrow gon be lit!! tongue

oh Lord have your way
anybody that tells you that they know who will win is a liar, if city don't score in the first 20mins, Chelsea chances of winning that game will begin to exponentially grow

I just hope tuchel gets his front 3 right, he has played pep 2 times this season, he should know the kind of players that work well against his team, timo werner is going to start, we need his pace, I hope we win
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 10:50am On May 28, 2021
Havertz10:
klopp style of play works well with mediocre players that can obey his instructions, liverpool have always prioritized efficiency over beauty, which work Milner dey do for liverpool?

Pep is a perfectionist, he wants his team to play a particular style of football, I watched his documentary tonight, he said with ball playing center back, you can get quality balls to kdb and since he is getting the balls on time, he can make quality plays to give aguero the ball and that will easily lead to a goal, from defender to goal, how many managers think like that, I don't blame pep for spending, iphone is expensive because they used quality materials to make it, if you don't like it dont buy, if a club owner can't afford players for pep, don't sign him, una want a coach to play with useless players to prove that he is good

Na so my idiot cousin that year will be asking me to use small teams to play him if i'm good, reducing the quality of a man's ability is something that only weak people seek.

The emboldened is the reason why I laugh at idiots who once said,if klopp had coached real Madrid those years he would be unstoppable grin

The think the way you command mane to be running around without the ball is the same way you ask cronaldo to be doing the same . grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 10:50am On May 28, 2021
OVA200:
You agree he is not clueless too?
among his peers? He is clueless, i'm not saying that he is useless as a manager, i'm just saying that if you are going to play his team, you don't think about him

If you want to play pep, you know who pep is, so you plan for him

Same with most top coaches, zidane doesn't have that kind of reputation.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 10:53am On May 28, 2021
Havertz10:
there are so many things at play, everybody takes champions league seriously, see villarreal and United, that united team without a manager will easily beat villarreal

But they were able to steal it, this is one the reasons I dislike mount because when moments like that come, mediocre players with no talent can't do anything, cause most players are motivated to play very well

Pep has underperformed based on his reputation but does that mean that teams that removed city were better than city? Coaches can get tactics wrong before a game especially someone like pep that likes to tinker, it's not my personal opinion, it's just the truth, I don't know if you watch F1 but see Hamilton for instance, many people know that he isn't a great driver but because Mercedes have the best car, he will shine but if you tell some people that Hamilton isn't a good driver, they will argue because they don't understand, winning no mean say you good especially in sports that so many things are at play, pep came to the premier league refused to play our method of football and has dominated the league, liverpool had to enter god mode to win it last season.

Are you sure Hamilton is the best example to use? Because that guy has proven time and again that he is an excellent driver, and his success isn't just down to his car.

Hamilton no good? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 10:53am On May 28, 2021
popizaino:

The emboldened is the reason why I laugh at idiots who once said,if klopp had coached real Madrid those years he would be unstoppable grin

The think the way you command mane to be running around without the ball is the same way you ask cronaldo to be doing the same . grin
cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 10:56am On May 28, 2021
BlueMann:

Are you sure Hamilton is the best example to use? Because that guy has proven time and again that he is an excellent driver, and his success isn't just down to his car.

Hamilton no good? undecided
oga, it's his car, nobody that loves F1 asides British pundits rates him highly

The guy is tie with schumacher for championships won and I hear nothing but crickets

If it was sebastian vettel, goat conversations will be on the table grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by patrickmuf(m): 11:08am On May 28, 2021
Havertz10:
among his peers? He is clueless, i'm not saying that he is useless as a manager, i'm just saying that if you are going to play his team, you don't think about him

I am struggling to make sense of the bolded.

Are you saying Tuchel just took to the field without preparing his charges for what Madrid will throw at them?

What exactly do coaches have to think about Pep that they don't think of other top teams they face?

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 11:09am On May 28, 2021
timbros:

Good point. Dwelling on the ball is a big no, cos City are probably the worst team to try that rubbish against.

And long balls over the top will be key against their press.

But I've generally been impressed with how we've played out of opposition press under TT. Just hope our players don't try to do too much.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 11:15am On May 28, 2021
Havertz10:
oga, it's his car, nobody that loves F1 asides British pundits rates him highly

The guy is tie with schumacher for championships won and I hear nothing but crickets

If it was sebastian vettel, goat conversations will be on the table grin

Speak for yourself

Vettel wey cast.

Baba Hamilton is good. Forget story.

Abi Schumacher bin no get good car

And u say u hear nothing but crickets? Clean your ear jare grin

10 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Taguchi: 11:17am On May 28, 2021
Havertz10:
anybody that tells you that they know who will win is a liar, if city don't score in the first 20mins, Chelsea chances of winning that game will begin to exponentially grow

I just hope tuchel gets his front 3 right, he has played pep 2 times this season, he should know the kind of players that work well against his team, timo werner is going to start, we need his pace, I hope we win

it's a final bro, anybody can win. As it stands now, there is no favourite in this tie. it's 50/50 ...but just pray you don't lose bro

just pray! cause the falout will be epic grin

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 11:21am On May 28, 2021
BlueMann:

Good point. Dwelling on the ball is a big no, cos City are probably the worst team to try that rubbish against.

And long balls over the top will be key against their press.

But I've generally been impressed with how we've played out of opposition press under TT. Just hope our players don't try to do too much.
Does city press more than Porto?
We will survive. If we don't win, it will be down to lack of winning mentality, poor decision making (that is, as young inexperienced players) for me.

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 11:28am On May 28, 2021
patrickmuf:
I am struggling to make sense of the bolded.

Are you saying Tuchel just took to the field without preparing his charges for what Madrid will throw at them?

What exactly do coaches have to think about Pep that they don't think of other top teams they face?

For instance, if you are playing someone that is very tactical, you have to prepare for it, makes preparation difficult, it's like chess, this move will cause that move, not all coaches are like that

Pep can tell a player the only places that he should shoot the ball, the only places that he should cross from so the striker knows that once that player is there, they will cross the ball, so when you want to play against a coach like that, you prepare your team to counter his tactics, rush kdb, leave fernandinho, that kind thing

People like zidane do the simple things of arranging formation and setting game plan but aren't tactical, you wouldn't see player movements during the game and be blown away, no manager will have sleepless night preparing to play a team managed by zidane, the guy no get ideas.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by OVA200(m): 11:32am On May 28, 2021
Havertz10:

Weldone coach Jude.
You've played his team and you don't think about him.

Guy just rest, he is not clueless.
You don't have any concrete point to buttress your stand because you can't tell me a graduate with distinction is dull.

Conte, pep, Mourinho and Tuchel with their tactics have just one more UCL combine than someone you are claiming is clueless, does that even makes any sense to you?

He is not a tactics savvy but he has a very effective footballing ideas like Ferguson.
You can't argue fact just rest.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 11:39am On May 28, 2021
BlueMann:

Speak for yourself

Vettel wey cast.

Baba Hamilton is good. Forget story.

Abi Schumacher bin no get good car

And u say u hear nothing but crickets? Clean your ear jare grin

why have Mercedes refused to sell engine parts to Red bull, if their victories have been down to Hamilton's greatness?

Una just like to dey argue, Schumacher is the greatest driver I have ever seen, there are clips available, Hamilton is not special, he just has a good car.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 11:45am On May 28, 2021
OVA200:
Weldone coach Jude.
You've played his team and you don't think about him.

Guy just rest, he is not clueless.
You don't have any concrete point to buttress your stand because you can't tell me a graduate with distinction is dull.

Conte, pep, Mourinho and Tuchel with their tactics have just one more UCL combine than someone you are claiming is clueless, does that even makes any sense to you?

He is not a tactics savvy but he has a very effective footballing ideas like Ferguson.
You can't argue fact just rest.
how can you agree and disagree cheesy we have settled that winning doesn't mean that you are great, we have agreed that he isn't tactical, you are still dragging cheesy

Will I call Burnley's coach clueless? His level is beneath top coaches, so if I want to compare zidane with coaches, I will use his peers and among his peers, he is clueless

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by patrickmuf(m): 11:56am On May 28, 2021
Havertz10:
For instance, if you are playing someone that is very tactical, you have to prepare for it, makes preparation difficult, it's like chess, this move will cause that move, not all coaches are like that

Pep can tell a player the only places that he should shoot the ball, the only places that he should cross from so the striker knows that once that player is there, they will cross the ball, so when you want to play against a coach like that, you prepare your team to counter his tactics, rush kdb, leave fernandinho, that kind thing

People like zidane do the simple things of arranging formation and setting game plan but aren't tactical, you wouldn't see player movements during the game and be blown away, no manager will have sleepless night preparing to play a team managed by zidane, the guy no get ideas.

The current Madrid team is shit but Zidane conquered LA Liga with them and almost replicated the same feat this season...I always thought he was overrated just because of the team at his disposal but winning La Liga ahead of Barcelona after the departure of Ronaldo and with an aging team was incredible...Zidane saw to the destruction of Bayern, PSG, Juventus, Atletico Madrid (The best Atletico team in the past 10 years or more) on his way to winning the UCL thrice in a row, 3 times o! Beating the very best including Pep, he couldn't have done that if he wasn't tactically astute...

Talking about Chess, no way will an amateur beat a pro, it takes high level concentration and intentional moves to win. Almost all GMs have played thousands of games so, before you make a move, they already know what you are up to and can easily counter your move whilst reami9potent on the attack themselves...

Zidane is like a GM, he has been in the game as a player and now manager, for so long so much so that he makes everything look too easy hence the reason you think he is not as good as his peers...

If you play Chess, I can school you for free... cool

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 11:57am On May 28, 2021
swiz123:

Abraham can never amount to anything reasonable in football.... In fact, I don't trust black players with funny haircuts.
You mean like Drogba and Lukaku, Davis
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 11:59am On May 28, 2021
donstan18:

Ederson before Diaz had better stats.
Ederson before Diaz had Kompany and a host worth 200m+

Doesn't take away the fact Ederson is a good goalkeeper
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 12:03pm On May 28, 2021
timbros:
Whatever happens, we MUST NOT chase the game!

Since Atletico till now, we have not gone behind in any tie. Please we should keep it that way.

Arsenal and Leicester games have taught us that we find it extremely hard to turn around a game. And Pep is more pragmatic these days. Gone were those days he plays only attack attack attack.

If we concede first, I go just find screwdriver take lose my hope cry

Having said all that, I have a firm belief that we will come out victorious. We are going into this game as slight underdogs and I love it that way. Lets soak their pressure and hit them on the counter with Timo, Mount and Ziyech/Pulisic pace...

One last push guys! Let's go there!

Please werner again, maybe him go do another number 11 miracle

It should be Havertz, Ziyech, Mount
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 12:09pm On May 28, 2021
Havertz10:
and someone will still underrate zidane undecided

... mount because...

mehhn I love autocorrect sometimes
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 12:15pm On May 28, 2021
Havertz10:
[s]why have Mercedes refused to sell engine parts to Red bull, if their victories have been down to Hamilton's greatness?[/s]

Una just like to dey argue, Schumacher is the greatest driver I have ever seen, there are clips available, Hamilton is not special, he just has a good car.

When did F1 teams start buying/selling Engine parts to major rival?

You know nothing about formula 1, just stick to football

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11463) (11464) (11465) (11466) (11467) (11468) (11469) ... (19423) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Shegzdave, zeusis(m), Realtord43, Jodera, drisham(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.