Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,329 members, 7,819,132 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (11546) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10531368 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11543) (11544) (11545) (11546) (11547) (11548) (11549) ... (19166) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 5:41pm On Jun 02, 2021
Kilishihunter:

You can't just hype and celebrate your mount in peace, he played 6 games more than messi and 14 games more than de bruyne (still doesn't dim his achievements one bit) Btw who finished trophyless sir
not winning a major trophy is still being trophyless. Did Messi win UCL undecided where he was knocked out

So 6 or a dozen games is what you spent mb to get back, mtchewww, I guess na the extra UCL games way Mount play pass Messi
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kilishihunter: 5:44pm On Jun 02, 2021
BlueAngel444:
not winning a major trophy is still being trophyless

So 6 or a dozen games is what you spent mb to get back, mtchewww
It's my data, I'm not complaining. So what are the major trophies then? undecided
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jun 02, 2021
Segedinho:

You chose to understand it the best way to be calm and probably unbiased.

No "Statement whatsoever for the so called bandits despite glaring evidences in form of kidnappings and destructions of lives nd properties.

This made it a threat to the Easterners cos statements itself is all about war bw the Easterners vs the Northerners.

I think a "Government"should be mindful of whatever speech he is presenting irrespective of how "vexed"she is.

How dare he picks the line of "war"

The same Buhari that told Soldiers to kill anyone(bandits, kidnappers) with AK47 in the bush.

Let's even forget that for a moment.

Let's say he actually picked a side and he's a hypocrite, I'm still not seeing anything bad with threatening to kill people who have been killing security agencies without remorse.

He wasn't talking to the average Joe in the South East, his message was clearly to the ones causing mayhem.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Segedinho(m): 6:11pm On Jun 02, 2021
rationalmind:

The same Buhari that told Soldiers to kill anyone(bandits, kidnappers) with AK47 in the bush.

Let's say he actually picked a side and he's a hypocrite, I'm still not seeing anything bad with threatening to kill people who have been killing security agencies without remorse.

He wasn't talking to the average Joe in the South East, his message was clearly to the ones causing mayhem.
Kill anyone isn't reminding them on what happened in a one sided war.

The message involved both the innocents that are still grieving on what transpired in that war.

I think he was so careless about the message..

I don't think any sane person would be happy about the menances caused by the so called ipob agitators neither are we happy abt the brutality of the bandits..

Shoot anyone on sight capable of causing problem to Nigerians is even a much better way of putting the statement rather than reminding them about how they were brutality annihilated in a "hand-tied" war.

It is cruel and rightly suspended.

What really happened then was a war right??

Then what he is saying presently is war...

Who suffers from war?

I think both the innocents and the agirators??

Is he right to visit the Easterners with warjust cos some people are causing mayhem?

12 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 6:28pm On Jun 02, 2021
rationalmind:

I have read that tweet again and again especially the part bringing all the backlash and I honestly can't fault it.

This is it again and how I understand it. My understanding in brackets and emboldened

If my understanding is correct, I'm struggling to find anything wrong with it.
it a cryptic message to igbo elders, the way gowon destroyed the east, igbos lost alot, they starved and many died, it wasn't a war that was balanced for both sides, it was a one sided war, they lost everything, many were raped, properties were destroyed, why is buhari referencing it

I supported buhari 2015, 2019 but he erred, these people aren't happy and you can't blame them, they are marginalized and treated differently, why can't he appease them with positions or come out and say that apc's flagbearer for 2023 is going to be igbo, there are ways to unite people, why is he using threat to talk to igbo elders and remind them of their tribulations

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 6:35pm On Jun 02, 2021
nihilistjnr:

The first thing that concerns me is that Jack Dorsey with his #EndSars tweets is now a political actor in Nigeria, one with significant influence, yet one not subject to the law of the land.

Objectively speaking, tweeting EndSars is an anti-establishment action, so I am extremely concerned when the fool can sit in his mansion in California and engage in subversive activity against our government(whether we agree with the sentiment or not). I am even more concerned when someone who has expressed anti-establishment ideas, then takes it upon himself to censor said establishment, especially as it appears (at least to me) without taking full context into account

Finally, as Jack Dorsey is not accountable to Nigeria, he doesnt even have to explain why. When the Trump was banned, the guy even made a token gesture of explaining the reason for it. This was one was done like a Nairaland Mod with no conscience

If Nigerian government dont fight back, then they are stupid.

Wetin consign you with Jack Dorsey. As long as he pump BeeTeeCee we're good grin grin grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 6:35pm On Jun 02, 2021
rationalmind:

they aren't killing any bandit, forget that propaganda, they can't, bandits are no different from your normal aboki, how will you know which is which

let's get real here, banditry is on the rise in the north because of people's political motivations, they kept encouraging their people to marry many wives and have as many kids as possible

Those kids have grown up and many of them don't want to ride bike or sell suya, they want to have a life that is better than their parents

Buhari has empowered them by using soft language on them.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 6:36pm On Jun 02, 2021
Ibime:

Wetin consign you with Jack Dorsey. As long as he pump BeeTeeCee we're good grin grin grin
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 6:38pm On Jun 02, 2021
Havertz10:
it a cryptic message to igbo elders, the way gowon destroyed the east, igbos lost alot, they starved and many died, it wasn't a war that was balanced for both sides, it was a one sided war, they lost everything, many were raped, properties were destroyed, why is buhari referencing it

Totally in agreement with this. It's careless to reference a war where the innocents where the ones who suffered. All he needed to say is violent agitators will be dealt with.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 6:41pm On Jun 02, 2021
Kilishihunter:

You can't just hype and celebrate your mount in peace, he played 6 games more than messi and 14 games more than de bruyne and Messi, griezmann, Alba and dembele shared corner duties (still doesn't dim his achievements one bit) Btw who finished trophyless sir

I agree with this o. Hype Mount, but no insult elders grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 6:42pm On Jun 02, 2021
Thank God. Livramento goes nowhere.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 6:43pm On Jun 02, 2021
rationalmind:

Alaye, the example you used even buttresses the reason why he should not have made the recent comment he made on Twitter. The last time I checked, this man is the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria! Not a local government chairman or councilor, consequently, comments/ statements from this office have to be carefully scripted especially when you consider we have over 700 ethnic groups you are trying to keep together.

The fact that Lai Mohammed and his government had to compare and question why MNK’s statement(s) was not deleted speaks to the fact that such comments are sensitive and should not be coming from his office. Making any reference to war is out of line and your are aware the North would interpret that statement differently than you are trying to help anyone understand.

There is no average Joe in the East.. The war is the story of the entire East.. it affected everyone from that region so leave that average Joe talk.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 6:44pm On Jun 02, 2021
thorrvik55:
Conte to Tottenham..

Conte why na??

Damn... embarassed
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 6:45pm On Jun 02, 2021
BlueMann:

Azpi replacement in 1 year after a loan
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 6:49pm On Jun 02, 2021
BlueMann:
academy no dey produce players from other countries?

Una get academy obsession but it's channeled in one direction cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 6:50pm On Jun 02, 2021
Havertz10:
academy no dey produce players from other countries?

Una get academy obsession but it's channeled in one direction cheesy

Please make your point more coherent.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 6:51pm On Jun 02, 2021
Ibime:

Azpi replacement in 1 year after a loan

Looking forward to James/Livramento holding down the RB role for years to come.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 6:52pm On Jun 02, 2021
BlueAngel444:
Erling Haaland is Chelsea’s main goal this summer. Angelo sky sports

Anybody Chelsea tries to bring will get my maximum support till otherwise. I just dont want to see us depending Werner next season.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 6:52pm On Jun 02, 2021
BlueMann:

Please make your point more coherent.
how come almost all the promoted academy graduates are british players?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kilishihunter: 6:54pm On Jun 02, 2021
BlueMann:

I agree with this o. Hype Mount, but no insult elders grin
I taya, mount dey ball. Even Messi tipped him for great things but some extents una dey hype am reach sef,hmmmm
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kilishihunter: 6:57pm On Jun 02, 2021
Ibime:

Totally in agreement with this. It's careless to reference a war where the innocents where the ones who suffered. All he needed to say is violent agitators will be dealt with.
Gbam. Instead of sowing the seed of discord the more

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 6:58pm On Jun 02, 2021
Havertz10:
how come almost all the promoted academy graduates are british players?

Academy graduates specifically from Chelsea? Or academy graduates of English clubs in general?

If you mean Chelsea, then it shouldn't be any surprise that most of the promoted academy graduates in a British club are actually British.

Some others still dey... Ian Maatsen (Netherlands), Armando Broja (Albania), Mbuyamba (Netherlands) etc. But it shouldn't be a surprise that most are British.

See Barca for instance...most of their young stars - Ilaix, Puig, Araujo, Fati, Alena etc - are Spanish.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ShadowCracker(m): 7:04pm On Jun 02, 2021
raumdeuter what is your opinion on Sunday Igboho, and the Yoruba nation agitation in general.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 7:06pm On Jun 02, 2021
ShadowCracker:
raumdeuter what is your opinion on Sunday Igboho, and the Yoruba nation agitation in general.
tell him that boateng is yoruba for quicker response time cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 7:08pm On Jun 02, 2021
nihilistjnr:

The first thing that concerns me is that Jack Dorsey with his #EndSars tweets is now a political actor in Nigeria, one with significant influence, yet one not subject to the law of the land.

Objectively speaking, tweeting EndSars is an anti-establishment action, so I am extremely concerned when the fool can sit in his mansion in California and engage in subversive activity against our government(whether we agree with the sentiment or not). I am even more concerned when someone who has expressed anti-establishment ideas, then takes it upon himself to censor said establishment, especially as it appears (at least to me) without taking full context into account

Finally, as Jack Dorsey is not accountable to Nigeria, he doesnt even have to explain why. When the Trump was banned, the guy even made a token gesture of explaining the reason for it. This was one was done like a Nairaland Mod with no conscience

If Nigerian government dont fight back, then they are stupid.
Like I said, you have a cogent point.

But I feel you're applying absolutes to a matter that has quite a few grey areas.

The platform like I said is his. The end SARS protests were not calling, at least ab initio, for an overthrow of government a LA the capitol building riots in the USA.

And that statement is quite incendiary, especially when compared to statements made in response to unrest in other parts of the nation.

And don't forget that that action was prompted by the very people who were being addressed.

I try as much as possible to leave out tribe and religion in my discourse but only one with Igbo roots will understand exactly why that statement had to go.

I understand your reluctance in having Jack Dorsey play lawyer judge jury and executioner but someone had to get that thing off the internet. There are things that call for decorum to be bypassed and this is most certainly one of them.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 7:19pm On Jun 02, 2021
Arsenal fans have surrendered grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pE1929XH7qA
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 7:20pm On Jun 02, 2021
ShadowCracker:
ramdeuter what is your opinion on Sunday Igboho, and the Yoruba nation agitation in general.

Most of these people only remember freedom fighting when they lose in politics, Assuming their favourite politician is in power, you won't hear from them.
Sunday Igboho said he won't allow any elections in Yorubaland, but 2 weekends ago PDP in Oyo State conducted LG elections and Igboho was not found to scatter it

Igboho was seen last year saying he was hired by the Oyo governor to "help" with Kogi elections.

So he is available to help PDP in elections and turn a blind eye to PDP organized elections but when its the other side his Yoruba Nation antenna becomes alert

Just like when Politicians like Tinubu Saraki or Atiku lose and they remember restructuring

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 7:27pm On Jun 02, 2021
hensben:
German league wey defender dey small pass attacker.
Rudiger the best defender in your team this CL is from German league
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 7:33pm On Jun 02, 2021
Mount wasn't among the nominees for PFA player of the year that guy has been spreading propaganda here cheesy

Nairaland

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ShadowCracker(m): 7:41pm On Jun 02, 2021
raumdeuter:

Hmm you think is a Pdp guy, some said that he is sponsored by asiwaju Tinubu.

All these are propaganda without evidences, it is a known fact that he was a former Pdp thug but even Pdp can't control him now tongue.

He said no presidential election in Yorubaland in 2023, chairmanship election is very easy to destroy trust me ask somoolu residents cheesy.

That guy is very powerful now grassroot wise forget media propaganda, he is meeting different oba's day by day, yesterday it was Alaketu of Ketu in Benin.

His last rally in Akure the city was on total shutdown.

Over 30,000 Ogun warriors are available for the struggle, he and aare oona kakanfo recently settled their dispute.

Aare said he is solidly behind Yoruba nation.

Trust me the stuff is no longer a joke, as I previously thought.

I honestly don't see how Nijeriya would avoid civil war 2.0
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jun 02, 2021
Havertz10:

I supported buhari 2015, 2019 but he erred, these people aren't happy and you can't blame them, they are marginalized and treated differently, why can't he appease them with positions or come out and say that apc's flagbearer for 2023 is going to be igbo, there are ways to unite people, why is he using threat to talk to igbo elders and remind them of their tribulations

That's one way to interprete the tweet.

Another way and the way I understand it was him saying the killings and destruction in the South East if not curtailed may lead to another civil war. And knowing what we went through during the last civil war, he will not allow the current situation degenerate to another war.

I may be wrong but that's the way I see it
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 7:51pm On Jun 02, 2021
ShadowCracker:

Hmm you think is a Pdp guy, some said that he is sponsored by asiwaju Tinubu.

All these are propaganda without evidences, it is a known fact that he was a former Pdp thug but even Pdp can't control him now tongue.

He said no presidential election in Yorubaland in 2023, chairmanship election is very easy to destroy trust me ask somoolu residents cheesy.

That guy is very powerful now grassroot wise forget media propaganda, he is meeting different oba's day by day, yesterday it was Alaketu of Ketu in Benin.

His last rally in Akure the city was on total shutdown.

Over 30,000 Ogun warriors are available for the struggle, he and aare oona kakanfo recently settled their dispute.

Aare said he is solidly behind Yoruba nation.

Trust me the stuff is no longer a joke, as I previously thought.

I honestly don't see how Nijeriya would avoid civil war 2.0

Igboho is PDP, he has always been. He came into prominence when he was the PDP thug defending Ladoja. When was Kogi election? I think 2019 or 2020, he was still used by PDP. Till now he still says it publicly that he is PDP
Igboho is from Oyo state, election was going on in Oyo state 2 weeks ago but Igboho chose that day to be in Akure screaming there would not be an election when election was going on in front of his own house

I don't believe in all these agenda driven people who suddenly become populists when they are out of power. What did Tinubu Buhari and Lai Mohamed not promise finish when they were out of power?

The same APC who were shouting confab, restructuring when PDP was there have suddenly forgotten
The same PDP who acted like they didnt know the meaning of restructuring when they were in power suddenly looked up their dictionary and its now their slogan

(1) (2) (3) ... (11543) (11544) (11545) (11546) (11547) (11548) (11549) ... (19166) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.