Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,605 members, 7,820,162 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:44 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (11772) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10540483 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11769) (11770) (11771) (11772) (11773) (11774) (11775) ... (19171) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 6:46pm On Jun 24, 2021
If Havertz had stayed in Leverksun, had a good season there plus this performance in euros. 100m fit no buy oh, Chelsea really stole a gem at 70m

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kantebets(m): 6:58pm On Jun 24, 2021
Ibime:

£60m for Hakimi is not priority jor.

Since when did we start spending £60m just for competition in a position that is not that fundamental.

That's how clubs become useless by overspending in the wrong areas and not having money where they really need it. Were we sleeping when West Ham spent £5m on Coufal? Anyway I read from an informed source that Chelsea interest in Hakimi did not go beyond a polite enquiry.

Livramento is there who is a top prospect. Let me not mention Dujon Sterling who should be in our squad by now if not for injuries and was actually ahead of James before an injury derailed his progression.

We spent £45 million on Chilwell and you could see he was clearly an upgrade on Alonso
The fee doesn’t really matter but the quality
Signing Hakimi would have made James to get more serious cos of added competition
I agree the fee is quite much but that Hakimi has greater quality than either of Livramento or Sterling and I believe he would have the same effect on that wing as Chilwell had on the left wing
I hope Tuchel proves me wrong las las
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 7:18pm On Jun 24, 2021
Kantebets:
We spent £45 million on Chilwell and you could see he was clearly an upgrade on Alonso
Signing Hakimi would have made James to get more serious cos of added competition
I agree the fee is quite much but that Hakimi has greater quality than either of Livramento or Sterling and I believe he would have the same effect on that wing as Chilwell had on the left wing

How much will that Dumfries guy at PSV cost do you think?

Shebi even Thilo Kehrer will now become available from PSG for low price after this Hakimi signing

It's like everytime I watch PSG, they have a new left back and new right back. They are never satisfied,and yet all the money they spend in these positions don't advance them further

Don't forget Max Aarons at Norwich

These are all sub £25m players which is the most we should be aiming for in these positions and leave money for the main positions

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kantebets(m): 7:28pm On Jun 24, 2021
Ibime:

Shebi even Thilo Kehrer will now become available from PSG for low price after this Hakimi signing

It's like everytime I watch PSG, they have a new left back and new right back. They are never satisfied,and yet all the money they spend in these positions don't advance them further

These are all sub £25m players which is the most we should be aiming for in these positions and leave money for the main positions

There is a reason Hakimi costs £60 + and that’s his quality
If Tuchel who is a good Tactician had Hakimi in his squad Chelsea would have been more deadly as a team cos that guy has better attacking input than James
Let’s trust Tuchel to manage whoever the club signs and upgrade them like he did with most of our players last season
NB: If PSG had a good coach I don’t see why they wouldn’t win the UCL with all those quality players
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Actman05: 7:30pm On Jun 24, 2021
Ibime:

Better to be safe than sorry. I am glad we missed Hakimi at £60m
Why? Hakimi is good.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by macjireh: 7:35pm On Jun 24, 2021
BlueAngel444:
If Dortmund wants to make them best deal this transfer window, they would sell Haaland, 100m + Abraham and then trigger Isak's release clause and then sell him for 70m. They will make 150m and still have a good striker in Abraham
U are wicked grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 7:48pm On Jun 24, 2021
Jodera:
This kain agenda question sha. grin
That's just his own opinion na, not that he's claiming certainty to it.

Lol

He was so sure about it na

Don’t you want to see someone munch their thumb together with Agege bread? grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MorataFC: 8:33pm On Jun 24, 2021
BlueAngel444:
If Dortmund wants to make them best deal this transfer window, they would sell Haaland, 100m + Abraham and then trigger Isak's release clause and then sell him for 70m. They will make 150m amd still have a good striker in Abraham
grin grin grin u sounded like my boss, he knows how to use sweet words to cheat u, if Abraham is dat good, why are u selling him?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 8:46pm On Jun 24, 2021
I am absolutely gutted that we missed out on Hakimi. I hope we sign a very good WB cos I don't want James on that position with his irritating back passes. That guy makes my skin crawl
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 8:47pm On Jun 24, 2021
Skimpledawg:

The egbé dey off dey on.

Swissh pay off your debt.

No dey make me repeat am abeg.
You don big pass 30k

grin grin grin

I just dey imagine the look on your face as you dey write this thing grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 9:05pm On Jun 24, 2021
Whatever it is pls,let try and recall Kennedy back from Granada. I watched him back at Newcastle under benitez and I can see a very good prospect who in anyway can't be worse than ziyech. Those lefts footed players who were meant to hold their own at the RWF have been hugely disappointing. Don't want to go into next season with ziyech has my only RW .No sensible coach will try Havertz has RW except you intentionally wants to lose. A good RF can make up for lack of a proper AM .

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Katcall: 9:07pm On Jun 24, 2021
swiz123:
I am absolutely gutted that we missed out on Hakimi. I hope we sign a very good WB cos I don't want James on that position with his irritating back passes. That guy makes my skin crawl
But he scores crucial goals just like zouma
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 9:09pm On Jun 24, 2021
Ibime:

You want us to repeat the window after Conte won the league by signing fringe players. We have weakness in that RWB because James is not explosive enough, you saw how Moses was joining attack well when he played there, that’s what tuchel want. We need a CDM/CM in the mold of locatelli or Tchouameni, we need that type of midfielder that can really play the pass forward with confidence. And a CF that can actually score if we want to compete for the league next season. We don’t have the players to break low block teams last season..
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:13pm On Jun 24, 2021
hensben:
You want us to repeat the window after Conte won the league by signing fringe players. We have weakness in that RWB because James is not explosive enough, you saw how Moses was joining attack well when he played there, that’s what tuchel want. We need a CDM/CM in the mold of locatelli or Tchouameni, we need that type of midfielder that can really play the pass forward with confidence. And a CF that can actually score if we want to compete for the league next season. We don’t have the players to break low block teams last season..

Get the CDM, CM and LW first before we talk of £60m on a new right back. We already have 3 options there plus CHO who is explosive.

Leave matter for Mathias. Hakimi signing seems to tie us in to 3-4-3 formation because that guy is weak in a back 4. Our failure to break teams down is more linked to the low block which is forced on us by having a slow DM like Jorginho, and playing 3-4-3, rather than lack of a RWB.

And which of the players I mentioned are Zappacosta sef? 2017 transfer window wasn't due to lack of money but poor decision making. Tell me how many good midfielders you will buy for the £80m wasted on Donkeyoko and Drinkbleach or how many good RBs for the £25m wasted on Zappacosta. João Cancelo went for less the same period
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Branzy(m): 9:21pm On Jun 24, 2021
Kantebets:

Considering we will spend huge on a striker. Chelsea can't sign hakimi for that huge fee

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by OloshoMan: 9:25pm On Jun 24, 2021
Chelsea The Best Club in the world...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 9:32pm On Jun 24, 2021
popizaino:

grin grin grin

I just dey imagine the look on your face as you dey write this thing grin
The guy dey behave like mbaise man.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by NinjaMetahuman: 9:45pm On Jun 24, 2021
PDPGuy:
UEFA (and other confederations) should scrap extra time and go straight to penalties if both teams are deadlocked after 180 mins of action…
However extra time should be retained for the final
I quite agree.

I don't like tension that comes with extra time.

Let them play pk and get things over with.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Singapore1(m): 10:04pm On Jun 24, 2021
raumdeuter:

What was Hummels doing when Szalai got behind him? That is the problem of defenders who shy away from responsibility andare always looking for someone to bail them out

The goals
11. Minute, Adam Szalai, 0: 1 | Germany is shocked early! Nego initiates a Hungarian counterattack and serves Sallai. He plays a long ball on Szalai, who beats Hummels in the air duel and heads the thing past Neuer into the goal. The BVB player doesn’t cut a good figure here
what i always find funny is using random comments ( or comments from pundits ) to justify their bias, we all watch the goal!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Singapore1(m): 10:12pm On Jun 24, 2021
1. ginter can see Szalai clearly
2. ginter is keeping szalai onside

so why do you need external approval for what is glaring ?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 10:16pm On Jun 24, 2021
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed grin

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:16pm On Jun 24, 2021
Singapore1:

what i always find funny is using random comments ( or comments from pundits ) to justify their bias, we all watch the goal!

We all watch football but our understanding differ. This is Hummels beside Szalai, watching Szalai yet somehow switched off and started pointing

Abeg If Ginter is to cover that ground to mark Saalai, what then is Hummels job

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Singapore1(m): 10:18pm On Jun 24, 2021
raumdeuter:

We all watch football but our understanding differ. This is Hummels beside Szalai, watching Szalai yet somehow switched off and started pointing

Abeg If Ginter is to cover that ground to mark Saalai, what then is Hummels job
to keep him on which he did successfully and shouted at ginter to do same!!! i don't even like hummel
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:22pm On Jun 24, 2021
Singapore1:

to keep him on which he did successfully and shouted at ginter to do same!!! i don't even like hummel

You dont need to like or dislike Hummels to review the situation objectively

3 Hungarians were approaching German box, Kimmich Ginter and Hummels

Who is Hummels man and what did he do to stop his man aside pointing
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:28pm On Jun 24, 2021
Singapore1:
1. ginter can see Szalai clearly
2. ginter is keeping szalai onside

so why do you need external approval for what is glaring ?

You think its because Guardian does not like Hummels that was why they wrote the below

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 10:28pm On Jun 24, 2021
Ibime:

Get the CDM, CM and LW first before we talk of £60m on a new right back. We already have 3 options there plus CHO who is explosive.

Leave matter for Mathias. Hakimi signing seems to tie us in to 3-4-3 formation because that guy is weak in a back 4. Our failure to break teams down is more linked to the low block which is forced on us by having a slow DM like Jorginho, and playing 3-4-3, rather than lack of a RWB.

And which of the players I mentioned are Zappacosta sef? 2017 transfer window wasn't due to lack of money but poor decision making. Tell me how many good midfielders you will buy for the £80m wasted on Donkeyoko and Drinkbleach or how many good RBs for the £25m wasted on Zappacosta. João Cancelo went for less the same period
so a fast DM is supposed to prevent a low block or destroy it undecided

Cancelo cost City about 57m?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 10:29pm On Jun 24, 2021
Leyqute:

Lol

He was so sure about it na

Don’t you want to see someone munch their thumb together with Agege bread? grin
grin grin

You never tire ni...
Elru.ditor don disappear
Swi.ssh dey appear and disappear like derico
Lord.cat don disappear too

All these people na hand/thumb candidate, naim you wan come add another victim. You want here turn to disappearing act ko? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:30pm On Jun 24, 2021
Another journalist who doesnt like Hummels

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:35pm On Jun 24, 2021
How come all these journalists dont like Hummels Singapore and are blaming him for the goal and not Ginter

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by PDPGuy: 10:35pm On Jun 24, 2021
It looks like FIFA would implement “autonomous offside technology for the 2022 World Cup
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/soccer/blog-fifa/story/4355005/semi-automated-offside-why-arsene-wenger-thinks-it-can-fix-var%3fplatform=amp]
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by izzou(m): 10:37pm On Jun 24, 2021
Jodera:
grin grin

You never tire ni...
Elru.ditor don disappear
Swi.ssh dey appear and disappear like derico
Lord.cat don disappear too

All these people na hand/thumb candidate, naim you wan come add another victim. You want here turn to disappearing act ko? cheesy

grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 10:39pm On Jun 24, 2021
raumdeuter:
How come all these journalists dont like Hummels Singapore and are blaming him for the goal and not Ginter
raumdeuter:
Another journalist who doesnt like Hummels
havertz in each statement grin

Clutch things

(1) (2) (3) ... (11769) (11770) (11771) (11772) (11773) (11774) (11775) ... (19171) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: User09, fyinka47(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.