Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,454 members, 7,850,583 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:49 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (12057) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10691850 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12054) (12055) (12056) (12057) (12058) (12059) (12060) ... (19352) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 7:00pm On Jul 19, 2021
raumdeuter:

All the church leaders asslick govt because govt can make life hard for any of them

Oyedepo was doing for Jonathan and PDP while Adeboye is doing for APC and Osinbajo (by extension Buhari)
All those import waivers, Presidential prayers, all those are not for free

2 govt law change can run anyone out of Nigeria
Exactly my point, no better way to put it.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 7:01pm On Jul 19, 2021
MorataFC:
Disrespect?
Nothing of such
Alright, remove “Disrespect”, let’s go with “Messes”.

What’s your thought on him saying he’ll kill anyone who messes with his wife?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 7:07pm On Jul 19, 2021
15yrs ago, Mikel signed for Chelsea.

Just noticed today, he dedicated the UCL victory to the best finisher Nigeria ever had, Rashidi Yekini. cool

8 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by schurley(m): 7:10pm On Jul 19, 2021
Almajirihunter:

I quoted someone who said that and added an angry-like emoji to the end but as you no sabi comprehend
Wasn't attacking you, just reiterating your disbelief, easy chief cool cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by schurley(m): 7:12pm On Jul 19, 2021
TrebleChamp:
Bobby Chalton, George Best are Balon d'or winners and they are product of Manchester United Academy wink

Pre WWI Balon d' or winner doesn't count in my book tongue tongue
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by TrebleChamp(m): 7:23pm On Jul 19, 2021
schurley:

Pre WWI Balon d' or winner doesn't count in my book tongue tongue
grin It's the fact though...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by schurley(m): 7:28pm On Jul 19, 2021
Havertz10:
Been looking for this video to share, found it last night

If you care about Chelsea at all and want the club to progress

If you think that I hate mason mount, watch this video, he explains everything, it was made 8 months ago

it's not a laughing matter, mount is going to cause serious trouble for our club long term

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJcjFzJHFrs

What's all this mumbo-jumbo here....you just wasted my data angry angry
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by seankafor(m): 7:33pm On Jul 19, 2021
That pastor wey talk say England go carry euro..
He don comeback to defend his blunder

https://www.yabaleftonline.ng/gods-word-not-betting-football-prophecy-failed-come-pass-because-betting-prophet-kobi/
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 7:36pm On Jul 19, 2021
iamoyindamola:
Segedinho
$250k up for grab, if you can proof JuJu or jazz is real.
This is your chance to make show the world touch and chop grass grin grin

https://twitter.com/oluafolabi/status/1417047363835764741?s=20

call airmark to join Segedinho

A lifetime opportunity to make $250K

https://cfiig.org/250k-challenge/

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by schurley(m): 7:44pm On Jul 19, 2021
nihilistjnr:

Big men wont go to a dead pastor like that to give their tithe - How would they expect the Bishop to know who they are? Oyedepo's name carries considerable clout in that country, so you'll find it's the big boys who are asslicking him madly. How do you think Laralek, the guy builiding all the roads in Lagos state under Ambode got the contract to the build the new 100k seater auditorium for winners?

That pastor you saw in the news would have been given a quota to penetrate his area and convert all the souls in the area to the brand. That's literally what he's being paid for, and it's why the church would have invested heavily in the area. If he wanted a quota-less commission, he should start his own brand and move around in sackcloth with gorimapa like prohet Elijah.

grin grin grin

People always quick to pontificate rich pastors calling it business center are just clown

The pastor's in my street alone living in penury are over 15, if church business is easy why are those always talking down on pastors not opening their own church, abi they they are allergic to wealth? Everyone will overlook the thousands of pastor struggling to eat and attack the selected few impacting the society than their elected government officials.

Not too long ago post was brought to fp of Oyedepo building roads, but they turn a blind eyes, But yesterday headline brought some clown out in full regalia dancing in full glee like worm thrown into salt.

The man no kuku send anybody papa before

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 7:51pm On Jul 19, 2021
seankafor:
That pastor wey talk say England go carry euro..
He don comeback to defend his blunder

https://www.yabaleftonline.ng/gods-word-not-betting-football-prophecy-failed-come-pass-because-betting-prophet-kobi/

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 8:05pm On Jul 19, 2021
donstan18:

There are levels to riches and influence in Nigeria. Just like you said some big boiz are asslicking Oyedepo, he’s also asslicking a lot of reputable politicians and billionaires in Nigeria. He doesn’t want to step on toes to avoid being fvcked up, a real man of God is suppose to preach against bad politicians and hope on God for protection or his olive oil, but he does otherwise.

Just last week, he said he can’t be friends with anyone who doesn’t believe Nigeria will get better, this was him indirectly hyping the politicians that they’ll fix the country soon. All na format, saying Nigeria will get better means you have hopes on our leaders, having hope on our leaders is nothing but asslicking and eye-service. He’s an asslicker too.

And to the pastor that got sacked, let’s just assume he was on salary with the agreement of meeting a particular target, be it financial targets or otherwise. To the best of my knowledge, anything that has to do with paying of workers and expecting financial productivity and growth is nothing but business. Now the question is; why do people find it difficult to agree that churches in Nigeria are profit business ventures and firm?

Define a business... Therein lies the end of the arguement.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Arizoner: 8:06pm On Jul 19, 2021
schurley:

grin grin grin

People always quick to pontificate rich pastors calling it business center are just clown

The pastor's in my street alone living in penury are over 15, if church business is easy why are those always talking down on pastors not opening their own church, abi they they are allergic to wealth? Everyone will overlook the thousands of pastor struggling to eat and attack the selected few impacting the society than their elected government officials.

Not too long ago post was brought to fp of Oyedepo building roads, but they turn a blind eyes, But yesterday headline brought some clown out in full regalia dancing in full glee like worm thrown into salt.

The man no kuku send anybody papa before
In the first place, why should you choose church business as your primary source of income? Working for God is supposed to be voluntary. Peter was a fisherman, mathew was a tax collector, Judas was a yahooboy.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by schurley(m): 8:12pm On Jul 19, 2021
TrebleChamp:
grin It's the fact though...

It wasn't called Balon d'or then sha tongue tongue
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by schurley(m): 8:18pm On Jul 19, 2021
Arizoner:
In the first place, why should you choose church business as your primary source of income? Working for God is supposed to be voluntary. Peter was a fisherman, mathew was a tax collector, Judas was a yahooboy.

That's what is being painted by our freethesheeple fanatics here now.

Didn't even knew that Donstan18 was once an Apostle. Bro why did you retreat, your own church business didn't yeild profit?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 8:22pm On Jul 19, 2021
schurley:

That's what is being painted by our freethesheeple fanatics here now.

Didn't even knew that Donstan18 was once an Apostle. Bro why did you retreat, your own church business didn't yeild profit?
I was never an apostle, was just too religious[by force].
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 8:24pm On Jul 19, 2021
swiz123:

Define a business... Therein lies the end of the arguement.
Churches in Nigeria na business.

There’s no amount of logic that can change this fact. cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bville02(m): 8:28pm On Jul 19, 2021
donstan18:

If we go down that part, you go tire. grin

No try me, if we should start digging videos of how fraudulent these Nigerian pastors are, you go tire.

See person wey say God call am, use en time dey convince members for donations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sofrC-xgJE0

Adeboye asking for 1billion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TryP_z07aU

Are you sure you are ready for this? grin

"Cash rule the world -- at least it do with girls
At least it do with churches, seek the truth and true it hurts"

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 8:30pm On Jul 19, 2021
Now I'm seeing "Livramento to Brighton - done deal."

Ah God...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 8:36pm On Jul 19, 2021
Not just Tino - Bates and Peart-Harris are on the verge of leaving too.

Bates to Leeds reportedly done.

Also, Tammy will not go anywhere if a replacement is not found.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by NinjaMetahuman: 8:53pm On Jul 19, 2021
donstan18:

Same bible wey God kill person because en pull out prick during sex?

Abi the same bible that lots of verses[Books of moses] were pulled out?

Don’t use bible for me if you must make a point, because bible has every verse to backup all foolery done by gullible Christians.

Bruv no dey bobo me with bible, I no be JJC, I’ve read the Bible so well, born and raised in a Catholic Church, went to seminary school, did seminary auxiliary work after my secondary school, served mass, led a sacred heart, executive of Charismatic and so on. I’m telling you all these to know how deep I was, in the church. While doing all these, I worked with lots of Pentecostal clergies, wetin you wan tell me wey I never hear before? grin

With my church experience, I can confidently tell you that common sense don’t work together with religion. It’s either you intentionally become foolish to adapt and obey these clergies, or you choose common sense, the moment you choose common sense, you’ll then realize how foolish you’ve been all in the name of church.

I’m Christian by birth, faith and belief, but common sense must be used.
lol this post strong o. grin grin

So you are a Christian that does not believe in bible or practice Christianisty stuff?

Further explanation needed.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 9:22pm On Jul 19, 2021
donstan18:

Churches in Nigeria na business.

There’s no amount of logic that can change this fact. cheesy

When you are arguing with educated people, choose your words correctly... Here no be beer parlor.

Now, a business is an economic-oriented organization producing a known commodity or service with the primary motive of profit maximization..

NGOs and NPOs are granted tax exempt status simply because they do not have profit maximization as their primary objective. A church is a non profit organization (NPO) because their main motive is not to make profit but to convert souls to share in their belief.

Just like NGOs, churches need funding for their continued viability. But their sources of funds are not through issuance of shares, bonds, commercial papers, invoice discounting and other money and capital market instruments which is common to a normal business. Those who invest in all these securities do so with the expectation of a profitable ROI. Any profit accumulating to your portfolio is taxable. For churches however, their sources of funds are through donation, aides and grants which are all voluntary. Those who make these donations those do so with no expectation of returns.

All NGOs and NPOs also employ workers, pay them salaries. This forms part of their expenses amongst their other expenses.

Now, suggesting that contemporary churches are run LIKE a business is not out of line with reason but saying that they should be officially recognized as a profit making venture and their tax exempt status rescinded is unreasonable. Cos apart from being wrong, it could also cause religious tension which fuels divisity... This is because, there will always be a lingering question why mosques are not taxed.

14 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 9:28pm On Jul 19, 2021
swiz123:

[s]When you are arguing with educated people, choose your words correctly... Here no be beer parlor.

Now, a business is an economic-oriented organization producing a known commodity or service with the primary motive of profit maximization..

NGOs and NPOs are granted tax exempt status simply because they do not have profit maximization as their primary objective. A church is a non profit organization (NPO) because their main motive is not to make profit but to convert souls to share in their belief.

Just like NGOs, churches need funding for their continued viability. But their sources of funds are not through issuance of shares, bonds, commercial papers, invoice discounting and other money and capital market instruments which is common to a normal business. Those who invest in all these securities do so with the expectation of a profitable ROI. Any profit accumulating to your portfolio is taxable. For churches however, their sources of funds are through donation, aides and grants which are all voluntary. Those who make these donations those do so with no expectation of returns.

All NGOs and NPOs also employ workers, pay them salaries. This forms part of their expenses amongst their other expenses.

Now, suggesting that contemporary churches are run LIKE a business is not out of line with reason but saying that they should be officially recognized as a profit making venture and their tax exempt status rescinded is unreasonable. Cos apart from being wrong, it could also cause religious tension which fuels divisity... This is because, there will always be a lingering question why mosques isn't taxed.[/s]
Always quick to package shalaye with grammar.

Oyedepo sacked his church workers for not being financially productive, he pays them salary, they didn’t give him a good financial return, he sacked them.

He’s a business man, his church is his business.

8 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 9:31pm On Jul 19, 2021
NinjaMetahuman:
lol this post strong o. grin grin

So you are a Christian that does not believe in bible or practice Christianisty stuff?

Further explanation needed.
Be good, that’s just it.

The holy Bible is the most confusing book I’ve ever read. I tell you bruv, if you want to believe in the holy Bible, read without your common sense.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibunkun1(m): 9:31pm On Jul 19, 2021
Na real wa! grin cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 9:36pm On Jul 19, 2021
donstan18:

Always quick to package shalaye with grammar.

Oyedepo sacked his church workers for not being financially productive, he pays them salary, they didn’t give him a good financial return, he sacked them.

He’s a business man, his church is his business.

You always want to drag people down to your level of reasoning....

Are you arguing for Oyedepo or churches in general? Cos my reply was based on what you said about churches as a whole.

Now, I won't argue what Oyedepo did with you because you are already asking me a question based on what you inferred from the letter. Use his exact words verbatim first

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by izzou(m): 9:45pm On Jul 19, 2021
donstan18:

Be good, that’s just it.

The holy Bible is the most confusing book I’ve ever read. I tell you bruv, if you want to believe in the holy Bible, read without your common sense.

Words of a Christian?

grin grin grin

I no know if you dey confused, or you no wan stay one place

Choose one abeg grin

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by NinjaMetahuman: 9:52pm On Jul 19, 2021
donstan18:

Be good, that’s just it.

lol you are preaching to the choir.

I'm just trying to understand your own brand of Christianity ni.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 9:53pm On Jul 19, 2021
swiz123:

You always want to drag people down to your level of reasoning....

Are you arguing for Oyedepo or churches in general? Cos my reply was based on what you said about churches as a whole.

Now, I won't argue what Oyedepo did with you because you are already asking me a question based on what you inferred from the letter. Use his exact words verbatim first

You expected him to say “Financial return”? grin

Every reasonable person sure knows what “Church growth” means to pastors. grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 9:56pm On Jul 19, 2021
izzou:

Words of a Christian?

grin grin grin

I no know if you dey confused, or you no wan stay one place

Choose one abeg grin
Lmao! grin grin cheesy

The truth is; Bible supports a lot of stupid things, it’s a sentimental book, it enslaves women, puts men in hard position, has a verse to back up every fvckery, very confusing that if some questions should be ask, bible believers can’t answer them.

I just don’t want to offend God by discrediting his holy book because I believe he exists, but.......... grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 9:59pm On Jul 19, 2021
NinjaMetahuman:
lol you are preaching to the choir.

I'm just trying to understand your own brand of Christianity ni.
Logical Christian
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by izzou(m): 10:01pm On Jul 19, 2021
donstan18:

Lmao! grin grin cheesy

The truth is; Bible supports a lot of stupid things, it’s a sentimental book, it enslaves women, puts men in hard position, has a verse to back up every fvckery, very confusing that if some questions should be ask, bible believers can’t answer them.

I just don’t want to offend God by discrediting his holy book because I believe he exists, but.......... grin

You must not claim to be a Christian before you can believe in God.

Hope you know that?

(1) (2) (3) ... (12054) (12055) (12056) (12057) (12058) (12059) (12060) ... (19352) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.