Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,617 members, 7,813,033 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:10 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (12522) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10461926 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12519) (12520) (12521) (12522) (12523) (12524) (12525) ... (19128) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A001: 1:53pm On Sep 27, 2021
Capaldi:

You are on your own.
Are you a flat-earther?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 1:55pm On Sep 27, 2021
OVA200:
Where did you see this 0 shot on and off target you've been spewing since Saturday?

From the matchday stat
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by OVA200(m): 3:24pm On Sep 27, 2021
raumdeuter:

From the matchday stat
But my match day stat says otherwise.
We have 5 shots off target.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:32pm On Sep 27, 2021
OVA200:
But my match day stat says otherwise.
We have 5 shots off target.

Is this what your matchday stat say

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by PDPGuy: 3:35pm On Sep 27, 2021
This week is ��

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by OVA200(m): 4:10pm On Sep 27, 2021
raumdeuter:

Is this what your matchday stat say
No i use more reliable source

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:17pm On Sep 27, 2021
OVA200:
No i use more reliable source

Did your source differentiate between shots off target and blocked shots?

Sum the livescore on target, off target and blocked shots together and you will see

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by OVA200(m): 4:46pm On Sep 27, 2021
raumdeuter:

Did your source differentiate between shots off target and blocked shots?

Sum the livescore on target, off target and blocked shots together and you will see
Shot is either on target or off target; a blocked shot is still an off target strike.

We don't have shot on target but we have off target.
So stop the fallacy.

9 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Android17: 4:57pm On Sep 27, 2021
OVA200:

Shot is either on target or off target; a blocked shot is still an off target strike.

So stop the fallacy.

Nah, this is cap. Completely bogus. A blocked shot is not an off target shot. You are the one being fallacious.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 5:14pm On Sep 27, 2021
OVA200:

So stop the fallacy.

Bros dont do this to yourself. You know the truth and just trying to play dumb

So a shot that was blocked was off target?

There is a reason they have separate category for them
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Actman05: 5:55pm On Sep 27, 2021
Chelsea are set to recall and hand Billy Gilmour and Conor Gallagher first team chances next season.
[Fichajes Futbol]
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MorataFC: 6:29pm On Sep 27, 2021
raumdeuter:

Bros dont do this to yourself. You know the truth and just trying to play dumb

So a shot that was blocked was off target?

There is a reason they have separate category for them
You always chose the site that suits your narrative grin

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by OVA200(m): 6:35pm On Sep 27, 2021
Android17:

Nah, this is cap. Completely bogus. A blocked shot is not an off target shot. You are the one being fallacious.
Okay
What about a deflected shot?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Android17: 6:40pm On Sep 27, 2021
OVA200:
Okay
What about a deflected shot?
Deflected to what direction? If towards the goal where the keeper saves it or it goes in, it will be on target, if away from goal such that it goes out of play it will be a blocked shot, if still in play it will be a blocked shot.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 6:45pm On Sep 27, 2021
I think attempts can be categorized into three: on target, on target and blocked. All these put together amount to total shots.

What uncle dayo has been doing is smartly throwing 'on target and off target' around, making it seem as though Chelsea didn't manage a single shot in the game, since shots off target and blocked shots are usually classed as the same by many.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by teeshet: 6:47pm On Sep 27, 2021
Toothless Chelsea
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by thorrvik55(m): 6:52pm On Sep 27, 2021
teeshet:
Toothless Chelsea

I bet u wish the Club u support was this toothless tongue tongue

19 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BikeMan: 6:54pm On Sep 27, 2021
Why is Raumdeuter still rambling about this match? Didn’t we win Pep 3 times last season? Won the man in a Champions League final and you are here making noise about this match. Baba don dey starve.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MorataFC: 6:56pm On Sep 27, 2021
BlueMann:
I think attempts can be categorized into three: on target, on target and blocked. All these put together amount to total shots.

What uncle dayo has been doing is smartly throwing 'on target and off target' around, making it seem as though Chelsea didn't manageba single shot in the game, since shots off target and blocked shots are usually classed as the same by many.
I don't know why some are dragging this with him, I think blocked shots is still rated high than off target
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by OVA200(m): 6:57pm On Sep 27, 2021
Android17:

Deflected to what direction? If towards the goal where the keeper saves it or it goes in, it will be on target, if away from goal such that it goes out of play it will be a blocked shot, if still in play it will be a blocked shot.
What of a shot that deflected and narrowly missed the goal?

That shot off target bro.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by thorrvik55(m): 6:59pm On Sep 27, 2021
OVA200:

Even if it deflects and hits the bar, it's still off target bro
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by OVA200(m): 7:03pm On Sep 27, 2021
thorrvik55:

Even if it deflects and hits the bar, it's still off target bro
That's what I'm saying now.

That shot can be deflected and be on target or off target.

And we know a shot can be deflected by attempting to block it.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Android17: 7:09pm On Sep 27, 2021
OVA200:

If it missed the goal it will still be a blocked shot. I am talking about how data is curated. That is why you have a category for blocked shot, off target, on target and shots (which signifies total shots). Chelsea had shots (which came from blocked shots) but no shot off or on target. An off target is a shot that goes off the mark without a deflection.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Android17: 7:11pm On Sep 27, 2021
BlueMann:

What uncle dayo has been doing is smartly throwing 'on target and off target' around, making it seem as though Chelsea didn't manage a single shot in the game, since shots off target and blocked shots are usually classed as the same by many.

I can't speak for him but I think the point he is making was how sterile Chelsea attack was made to look. The italicised part of your statement is cap sha. lol
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Android17: 7:16pm On Sep 27, 2021
OVA200:
That's what I'm saying now.

That shot can be deflected and be on target or off target.

And we know a shot can be deflected by attempting to block it.

Let me show you something you are not considering. When a player takes a shot and it gets deflected but goes into the goal post, they still have to decide if the original shot was on target before the deflection. If it was, the goal is credited to him, if it was not, the goal is considered an own goal. That should tell you that the only condition a deflected shot is ruled off target is when the original shot was already off target (which is harder to tell by the way).
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 7:17pm On Sep 27, 2021
Android17:

I can't speak for him but I think the point he is making was how sterile Chelsea attack was made to look. The italicised part of your statement is cap sha. lol

It's not cap. Many people generally regard shots as being in two categories: shots on target, and shots off target. By this logic, off target is the one that is not on target. If e no dey on target, na off target.

I'm not saying that's what it is, I'm saying a lot of people generalize like this.

As for Uncle Dayo, maybe he was pointing to how blunt we were in attack...or maybe he was just being sinister ol' Uncle Dayo... wink
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Android17: 7:22pm On Sep 27, 2021
BlueMann:

It's not cap. Many people generally regard shots as being in two categories: shots on target, and shots off target. By this logic, off target is the one that is not on target. If e no dey on target, na off target.

I'm not saying that's that it is, I'm saying a lot of people generalize like this.

Even if we had only off target and on target. A blocked shot can be on target do you agree?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 7:29pm On Sep 27, 2021
raumdeuter:

How can you play at home and have 0 shots on and off target? Are you Norwich in disguise

Since Fraudiola has been rendered impotent in Ucl without Messi, you have become a strong follower and advocate of local epl league matches.

When the desired becomes unavailable, ................. grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 7:38pm On Sep 27, 2021
airmark:

Since Fraudiola has been rendered impotent in Ucl without Messi, you have become a strong follower and advocate of local epl league matches.

When the desired becomes unavailable, ................. grin grin grin

Pep was dared to come and prove himself in the EPL, Pep doesnt need to be in the EPL to win the CL

Zidane and Ancelotti won the CL without being in the EPL
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by OVA200(m): 7:41pm On Sep 27, 2021
Android17:

If it missed the goal it will still be a blocked shot. I am talking about how data is curated. That is why you have a category for blocked shot, off target, on target and shots (which signifies total shots). Chelsea had shots (which came from blocked shots) but no shot off or on target. An off target is a shot that goes off the mark without a deflection.
Not in all case so this is wrong.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by OVA200(m): 7:43pm On Sep 27, 2021
Android17:

Let me show you something you are not considering. When a player takes a shot and it gets deflected but goes into the goal post, they still have to decide if the original shot was on target before the deflection. If it was, the goal is credited to him, if it was not, the goal is considered an own goal. That should tell you that the only condition a deflected shot is ruled off target is when the original shot was already off target (which is harder to tell by the way).
Since it's still possible then i think I'm right.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Android17: 7:53pm On Sep 27, 2021
OVA200:
Not in all case so this is wrong.

When does that statement fail?

(1) (2) (3) ... (12519) (12520) (12521) (12522) (12523) (12524) (12525) ... (19128) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.