Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,842 members, 7,831,726 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (12544) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10597282 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12541) (12542) (12543) (12544) (12545) (12546) (12547) ... (19241) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 8:20am On Sep 30, 2021
Amoto94:
“If you have a centre-forward like Lukaku, you need to use him and I don't think Chelsea have quite figured out how to use him yet. If they can figure it out, then Chelsea can become the team to beat in the Champions League this season.”

- Antonio Conte
the thing is Conte is very direct in his play unlike Tuchel, because of Jorginho we have to recycle passes. We play more direct when Kante is playing b2b.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 8:36am On Sep 30, 2021
hensben:
the thing is Conte is very direct in his play unlike Tuchel, because of Jorginho we have to recycle passes. We play more direct when Kante is playing b2b.

Lukaku made one run between the centre backs yesterday clean run.

RLC was on the ball looking directly at Lukaku, instead of driving forwards two yards and playing Lukaku a simple through pass, he turned back and passed the ball to Rudiger.

I wanted to vomit. Lukaku was shouting vexatiously at RLC for that nonsense, but that one no even send. That's the kind of risky ball that Mount would at least attempt whether it clicks or not.

Another time, Havertz swept Sandro on the left flank, ran to the byline and instead of crossing into the box, he checked on on his left and passed the ball to Kovacic outside the box, who then promptly passed to Rudiger at his back. That one got so frustrated he attempted to bäng it from outside the box but the shot got blocked.

Another time, Hudson was screaming for the ball on the right where he was unmarked. Eventually Jorginho sent him the ball from the left side, instead of the fool to drive the ball to the byline and pullout, he immediately passed the ball to Christensen I think or one of them niggas behind him.

I'm not sure what you want Lukaku to do when his supply line consists of a platoon of imbëciles.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 8:49am On Sep 30, 2021
nihilistjnr:

RLC was on the ball looking directly at Lukaku, instead of driving forwards two yards and playing Lukaku a simple through pass, he turned back and passed the ball to Rudiger.

I wanted to vomit. Lukaku was shouting vexatiously at RLC for that nonsense, but that one no even send. That's the kind of risky ball that Mount would at least attempt whether it clicks or not.

Another time, Havertz swept Sandro on the left flank, ran to the byline and instead of crossing into the box, he checked on on his left and passed the ball to Kovacic outside the box, who then promptly passed to Rudiger at his back. That one got so frustrated he attempted to bäng it from outside the box but the shot got blocked.

Another time, Hudson was screaming for the ball on the right where he was unmarked. Eventually Jorginho sent him the ball from the left side, instead of the fool to drive the ball to the byline and pullout, he immediately passed the ball to Christensen I think or one of them niggas behind him.

I'm not sure what you want Lukaku to do when his supply line consists of a platoon of imbëciles.
So many of our players lack football sense. Odoi can’t drive as a winger. James would’ve done better yesterday.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Thecassanova: 9:10am On Sep 30, 2021
Skimpledawg did you see the only big chance of the game created by Barkley?

When you want to unlock a rugged defense, attack minded midfielders are what you need. Barkley rather take long to figure a great pass & lose the ball at his feet than recycle to backpass.

[img]https:///media/9-30-2021/5hZNGf.gif[/img]

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by User09: 9:17am On Sep 30, 2021
Amoto94:
“If you have a centre-forward like Lukaku, you need to use him and I don't think Chelsea have quite figured out how to use him yet. If they can figure it out, then Chelsea can become the team to beat in the Champions League this season.”

- Antonio Conte

Maybe but the opportunity cost seem massive to me. Our attack is just too static with Lukaku. Compare it with last season where our attack was dynamic with no focal point

Most of our players seem scared to make that risky pass to Lukaku cos he's always surrounded by 2 CB's at least. They're not used to that.

Besides Lukaku needs to do more in terms of his movement and dragging all this CB's with him

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 9:23am On Sep 30, 2021
User09:

Maybe but the opportunity cost seem massive to me. Our attack is just too static with Lukaku

Most of our players seem scared to make that risky pass to Lukaku cos he's always surrounded by 2 CB's at least. They're not used to that.

Besides Lukaku needs to do more in terms of his movement and dragging all this CB's with him

If you criticize Lukaku like every other player, they will call you names here. Blame everyone else except him lest you be tagged a ninny.

So people no just get sense

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:24am On Sep 30, 2021
"We will build a team nobody wants to play against"

I guess Tuchel has succeeded in his quest.

#useless team #useless club
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 9:26am On Sep 30, 2021
patrickmuf:
Jodera abeg answer that clown so he can sleep well this night...
grin grin

The thing with tre.vor is not just only the attention he craves but the exhibition of anger/emotions one shows wen he trolls such a person. Don't just take him serious, laugh it off and most times ignore him.
Just free am grin

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 9:32am On Sep 30, 2021
Nezzjnr:

I'll slap you oo

grin

Slap no fit work for that guy o.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Thazard(m): 9:38am On Sep 30, 2021
hensben:
With Lukaku the team is now easily predictable. We need a quality winger that can open up defense with dribbling.
Some months ago if not weeks,i recommend federico chiesa and alas he scored against us yesterday.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:41am On Sep 30, 2021
Astrid4:

The board needs to put this useless player on auction...harvetz, ziyech, Timo, odoi needs to leave ASAP
I wonder why we bought that useless werey for £70 million...sane, Bernardo Silva would have cost us less angry

Hervertz, Werner, odoi, ziyech, jorghino and Alonso are useless.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 9:44am On Sep 30, 2021
Amoto94:
I have been saying it that our Achilles's hill is lack of creativity in the middle, all game long we look lost and confused when we are in possession of the ball. There were no defense splitting passes and dribbling to unlock Juventus back line.
This and striker has been the major problem since last season. The club signed Havertz and his brothers to solve these problems, but they failed. Pulisic keeps getting injured and not consistent. It is a pity.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 9:46am On Sep 30, 2021
nihilistjnr:

Preach!!!!!

10 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 9:47am On Sep 30, 2021
swiz123:

If you criticize Lukaku like every other player, they will call you names here. Blame everyone else except him lest you be tagged a ninny.

So people no just get sense
We are still waiting for you to criticize that generational curse called Fraudvertz.

12 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 9:52am On Sep 30, 2021
nihilistjnr:

We are yet to replace Eden Hazard.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by milann: 10:30am On Sep 30, 2021
nawa for Chelsea oh. lukaku no do una, una wan buy osimhen make e come sit down for bench like Werner. airmark how far
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 10:33am On Sep 30, 2021
Never have I been so glad at the sight of an international break.

We need a reset. Hopefully, (and based on past events, it will be) this is a reality check and not the start of a poor run.

We beat Southampton on the weekend and that should settle some nerves.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by DumaEmpire(m): 10:37am On Sep 30, 2021
iamoyindamola:

Nihilistjnr won't agree with you on this
Whats my business with that.

I said all this things back then. Alot of people came for my head cos Lukaku seemed like the messiah we need.
Now people have started shouting to play Werner.
Even same guy that was preaching for him to be signed despite my warnings that this guy hardly performs in the big games is now shouting that he should be benched for Werner in big games while he scores against small the teams. cheesy

Isn't God wonderful

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by milann: 10:40am On Sep 30, 2021
Astrid4:

The board needs to put this useless player on auction...harvetz, ziyech, Timo, odoi needs to leave ASAP
I wonder why we bought that useless werey for £70 million...sane, Bernardo Silva would have cost us less angry
You think if you sell them, you will find better replacement for them. Those players you mentioned up there will easily walk into any team given their pedigree.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Thazard(m): 10:53am On Sep 30, 2021
Greatihex:
We are yet to replace Eden Hazard.
We need to replace HAZARD with someone who isn't injury prone,very pacy,[b]very skillful and a G/A return of 15 every season.[/b]But the problem is where do we find such a guy. F0rget the rubbish he is playing at madrid,Eden Hazard has been one of the best player in this decade better than neymar. imo

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MorataFC: 10:56am On Sep 30, 2021
"I think English clubs are facing a big problem of buying over priced local lads. When watching Grealish I see a €30 million lad, absolutely not the €100 million Manchester City payed for him.... Also looking at Sancho I can see a €25 million lad in him, definitely not the €80 million Manchester united payed for him. Grealish falls all over the place even before he gets tackled,,, if He notices a shadow coming towards him , he goes down to the floor . Sancho just disappears completely. This also applies to Harry Maguire who was overpriced but keeps committing way to many defensive errors. If anyone wants to spend €100 million on Harry Kane , I would suggest they wait until he is a free Agent. For now Chelsea's Lukaku and Liverpool's Van Dijk have shown that they deserved to be among the most expensive lads in Premier league, their performance is full of talent and commitment "

Michael Owen

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 11:23am On Sep 30, 2021
Roland17:

Alaye this one na rubbish wen you yarn! Stand Down!!!! I no send your tears and wailing oh! If anything, I go use am drink yellow garri!!! I don't need to be a Chelsea fan to share my opinion on this page about a game that involves Chelsea..You of all people should know that. You no dey yarn for other threads?

I understand you are in pains and while you are right that I may not understand the severity of your pain..I don't think you are evaluating the game wholesomely. Havertz was not the only player on the night...Nobody is disputing the fact that he had a poor game, so did many others.. [b]Why is no one talking about how Chelsea conceded? [/b]Abi Agenda no dey that one?

Alaye abeg wail! I need am...

I thought you should have given up on this your agenda after the UCL triumph or you want to keep receiving L. Let me just tell you now, it will never sell while I am still on this thread. Now why nobody is talking about how we conceded is that we know were it truly hurts unlike a rival fan like you who doesnt. By default we are a defensive team,Conceding a goal per match is the lest of worry for a true Chelsea fan.what we truly worry about is actually scoring more than a single goal in a every match. A club of our calibre should be scoring for fun given our possession and not get worried about our defence that takes only Jesus and Mohammed to score.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 11:25am On Sep 30, 2021
User09:
See TT's comment below. Devoid of any silly agenda. Same complaints I had, Static immobile players

“We struggled to create our own rhythm and intensity because they were so deep and passive. We were lacking runs. We were so good in training yesterday and not good enough, not free enough today. I don’t know why.

“I felt we were a bit slow and tired, mentally slow, decision making. That’s why it’s a strange one to analyse.”

And you think he was talking about Lukaku for lacking runs ? grin

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 11:33am On Sep 30, 2021
MorataFC:
"I think English clubs are facing a big problem of buying over priced local lads. When watching Grealish I see a €30 million lad, absolutely not the €100 million Manchester City payed for him.... Also looking at Sancho I can see a €25 million lad in him, definitely not the €80 million Manchester united payed for him. Grealish falls all over the place even before he gets tackled,,, if He notices a shadow coming towards him , he goes down to the floor . Sancho just disappears completely. This also applies to Harry Maguire who was overpriced but keeps committing way to many defensive errors. If anyone wants to spend €100 million on Harry Kane , I would suggest they wait until he is a free Agent. For now Chelsea's Lukaku and Liverpool's Van Dijk have shown that they deserved to be among the most expensive lads in Premier league, their performance is full of talent and commitment "

Michael Owen
is there anything that I would say that wouldn't age like fine wine

At this rate, I would need to open a brewery

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 11:40am On Sep 30, 2021
rooftops:
...oga stop all this I started I started, you guys make it look like you can see the future. The Kennedy you are campaigning for one will think he is playing alongside Messi and Neymar, where is he at now self.

grin grin grin......Only God can see the future. But there is an instinct that comes with watching football for a very long time that are most times near accurate and makes it seems as if we are able to the see the future.Kennedy can't be worse like ziyech in any role,irrespective of were he is playing now.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 11:56am On Sep 30, 2021
nihilistjnr:

Another time, Hudson was screaming for the ball on the right where he was unmarked. Eventually Jorginho sent him the ball from the left side, instead of the fool to drive the ball to the byline and pullout, he immediately passed the ball to Christensen I think or one of them niggas behind him

Was there ever a time both Hudson odoi and jorginho were on the pitch together yesterday?

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 11:57am On Sep 30, 2021
hensben:
So many of our players lack football sense. Odoi can’t drive as a winger. James would’ve done better yesterday.

If James come and do rubbish now,you will be the first to call for odoi again .......pls make up your mind .

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Almajirihunter(m): 12:22pm On Sep 30, 2021
The team didn’t play too badly yesterday unlike against city, Just that we still have same problems as we’ve had for a long time, no midfielder who gives defense splitting passes and no player who can actually shoot from outside the box and now coupled with inefficient wingers. We won’t face such a defense week in week out but we need to use this match as a case study when playing teams who would pack the bus, we’re defense minded as a team and when the opponent is defense minded as well we’ll end up without ideas on the pitch. TT is a smart guy let’s see how he sorts this out, KTBFFH

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MorataFC: 12:25pm On Sep 30, 2021
Chelsea have lost two games on the bounce without Mason Mount and manage to have only one shot on target for 180minutes, could this be coincidence or what?

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dammywapes(m): 12:41pm On Sep 30, 2021
Coming from a local champ coach all he does is win the league but champions league mba
Amoto94:

- Antonio Conte
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 12:58pm On Sep 30, 2021
popizaino:

Was there ever a time both Hudson odoi and jorginho were on the pitch together yesterday?

Fam, the focus was on what Hudson did with the ball rather than who gave him a simple square pass

It could have been Jorginho, it could have be a herdsman for all I care.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 12:59pm On Sep 30, 2021
popizaino:

If James come and do rubbish now,you will be the first to call for odoi again .......pls make up your mind .
Ive never call for Odoi. Maybe you are mistaken me to someone else.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12541) (12542) (12543) (12544) (12545) (12546) (12547) ... (19241) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.