Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,203 members, 7,953,753 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:35 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (12689) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (11207184 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12686) (12687) (12688) (12689) (12690) (12691) (12692) ... (19945) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by macjireh: 8:09pm On Oct 23, 2021
Ibunkun1:

Hmm, Man U, Arsenal, Leicester are not tough? This na EPL Sir not Ligue 1 o. Even this Brighton wey I dey see so fit cause some issues, Leeds self dey although I haven't watched them well this season sha.
oh ye of little faith.... at D's stage u should have come to understand dat we are tougher than those tricky teams...we are still gelling and finding out our weaknesses and strength
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibunkun1(m): 8:11pm On Oct 23, 2021
macjireh:

oh ye of little faith.... at D's stage u should have come to understand dat we are tougher than those tricky teams...we are still gelling and finding out our weaknesses and strength

cheesy, Ok boss. I believe cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibunkun1(m): 8:13pm On Oct 23, 2021
BlueMann:
Wait, my guy Broja scored again today?! Damn I didn't know cheesy

Two goals in two PL starts.

Could've had an assist too, but Redmond missed an absolute sitter.

Livramento also scored...La Cobham on fire cool

Broja looks promising. I hope he keeps improving
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by macjireh: 8:20pm On Oct 23, 2021
if D's is not oppression,, wat else can we call it...out of 7 games,,only 1 clean sheet with enough goals...D's is class

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by neztar: 8:32pm On Oct 23, 2021
popizaino:
I don't just understand this Rafa Benitez, exceptional today, clueless tomorrow. How will you be losing to Watford of all teams in your own home especially when you've been impressive against the top sides?
abeg give me tip 4 2moro. I wan stake 300 naira 4 ticket.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by neztar: 8:35pm On Oct 23, 2021
macjireh:
if D's is not oppression,, wat else can we call it...out of 7 games,,only 1 clean sheet with enough goals...D's is class
goal goal everywhere. Make i put 2k i go chop
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by izzou(m): 8:37pm On Oct 23, 2021
neztar:

Manchester United straight win and over 5.5

cool

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 8:38pm On Oct 23, 2021
Clean sheet: Preserved.

[img]https:///media/10-23-2021/U6ITpD.gif[/img]

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by izzou(m): 8:40pm On Oct 23, 2021
BlueMann:

Mendy na class abeg

A lot of keepers would have tried to dive.

Just watch how he was reading and anticipating the shot.

Very brilliant save

12 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 8:46pm On Oct 23, 2021
fredoooooo:
For me the best Player in the Premier league at the moments is Bernando silva ... that guy na Baller cool cool
the say guy city been wan dash commot sign Kane
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Emaprince: 8:47pm On Oct 23, 2021
Ibime:

Five leprous fingers have been awfully quiet on Chilwell having spent the first couple of weeks deriding him.

They have no ideology except an anti-English ideology. One of them was even foaming at the mouth about Tyson Fury to show they just hate anything English.
Omo!!!

E be things.

Five leprous fingers = 5 havertz fans. grin

We know them. Na the same tide carry them dey flush away.

Once one says one thing, the rest will agree.

Watch how they are all against lukaku.

Since havertz10 slammed him, the rest must follow suit.

10 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by WarAgainstBegga: 8:54pm On Oct 23, 2021
BlueMann:

Maximum respect to Mendy.

This man always gives me joy, such a brilliant gk

9 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 8:55pm On Oct 23, 2021
This team!

9 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Emaprince: 8:58pm On Oct 23, 2021
timbros:
This team!
Spot your FPL captain in the first pic cool cool

You must be proud of him.

grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 8:58pm On Oct 23, 2021
izzou:

Mendy na class abeg

A lot of keepers would have tried to dive.

Just watch how he was reading and anticipating the shot.

Very brilliant save

Exactly.

Mehn! Na prime Cech vibes Mendy just dey give.

You can see what the cleansheet means to him.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 8:59pm On Oct 23, 2021
Emaprince:
Spot your FPL captain in the first pic cool cool

You must be proud of him.

grin grin

Leave me nah grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 9:00pm On Oct 23, 2021
This one's for you, Matthew.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 9:01pm On Oct 23, 2021
Star boy...

13 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Silentgroper(m): 9:16pm On Oct 23, 2021
Fastcars11:
As a chelsea fan , I want man.u to beat Liverpool , grin They get to break liverpool's form, ole gets to keep his job to continue his rubbish and we now get to top the table with a little margin... It's a win win for both teams...
Well u got to still contend with man city.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 9:32pm On Oct 23, 2021
User09:
Rewatching the game now, I noticed something which also happened with Malmo (with Azpilicueta).

Looks like TT is resigned to the fact that our wingbacks cant find space at the wings to penetrate the last cm and is now having them take up inside positions in front of the double 6’s. Chilwell and James did so plenty of times today.

This sort of dynamism is why I ask for patience with TT on Lukaku. He's like a chess player with plenty moves in his cabinet

I have watched the game three times now and I can confirm this is absolutely true.

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by izzou(m): 9:45pm On Oct 23, 2021
timbros:

Exactly.

Mehn! Na prime Cech vibes Mendy just dey give.

You can see what the cleansheet means to him.

Swears

The guy was giving his all for his cleansheet.

God, make this zeal and enthusiasm last till the end of this season abeg. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 9:49pm On Oct 23, 2021
User09:
Rewatching the game now, I noticed something which also happened with Malmo (with Azpilicueta).

Looks like TT is resigned to the fact that our wingbacks cant find space at the wings to penetrate the last cm and is now having them take up inside positions in front of the double 6’s. Chilwell and James did so plenty of times today.

This sort of dynamism is why I ask for patience with TT on Lukaku. He's like a chess player with plenty moves in his cabinet
True words man.

Noticed it also in our last game and it bothered me a bit. Like the fact that TT can tweak his formation.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 10:08pm On Oct 23, 2021
neztar:

I don't bet but I know Liverpool can not beat man united at Old Trafford.........so you can double chance man united grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibunkun1(m): 10:35pm On Oct 23, 2021
cheesy

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by macjireh: 2:47am On Oct 24, 2021
who else has noticed that most of our goals this season in all competitions are coming from players on d wings? This Norwich game confirms it more....goals from MOUNT,CHO,CHILWELL,,JAMES...other times ALONSO,,RUDIGER,CHALOBAH score goals,who are lwb,lcb and rcb respectively...while the players at d middle or central positions hardly score,,even havertz(CF) didn't score,, lukaku too has been struggling

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 7:48am On Oct 24, 2021
izzou:

Swears

The guy was giving his all for his cleansheet.

God, make this zeal and enthusiasm last till the end of this season abeg. grin

I'm sure the zeal will last for a very long time. Man's hungry for trophies and will do anything to contribute his quota.

I love when he let out this scream each time he makes a vital save.

Mendy na beast finally...

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by andrewbaba44: 8:21am On Oct 24, 2021
Ibunkun1:

Hmm, Man U, Arsenal, Leicester are not tough? This na EPL Sir not Ligue 1 o. Even this Brighton wey I dey see so fit cause some issues, Leeds self dey although I haven't watched them well this season sha.

Even the Ligue 1 you are using as an example ,if check how many small teams upset psg last season you no go talk like this
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 9:11am On Oct 24, 2021
Emaprince:
Omo!!!

E be things.

Five leprous fingers = 5 havertz fans. grin

We know them. Na the same tide carry them dey flush away.

Once one says one thing, the rest will agree.

Watch how they are all against lukaku.

Since havertz10 slammed him, the rest must follow suit.
Lol,... User.09 no dey among those wey dey against Lukaku. Read his posts mostly and you'll see that believes tuchel will find a way to make Lukaku become effective to Chelsea setup.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 9:30am On Oct 24, 2021
Jodera:
Lol,... User.09 no dey among those wey dey against Lukaku. Read his posts mostly and you'll see that believes tuchel will find a way to make Lukaku become effective to Chelsea setup.

Don't be hoodwinked.

User09:

Currently, I think the team plays better without Lukaku. Except there's a shift in system by TT or Lukaku improves in certain areas upfront (pressing, movement) we're going to be way too predictable. Plenty times during the games, I thought he needed to move deep or go wide to allow other forward players take up the vacated central spots

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Singapore1(m): 9:47am On Oct 24, 2021
Skimpledawg:

True words man.

Noticed it also in our last game and it bothered me a bit. Like the fact that TT can tweak his formation.
macjireh:
who else has noticed that most of our goals this season in all competitions are coming from players on d wings? This Norwich game confirms it more....goals from MOUNT,CHO,CHILWELL,,JAMES...other times ALONSO,,RUDIGER,CHALOBAH score goals,who are lwb,lcb and rcb respectively...while the players at d middle or central positions hardly score,,even havertz(CF) didn't score,, lukaku too has been struggling

Yeah the formation is like PEP 433 where Cancelo and walker play more like a CM rather than LB/RB
You often see Bernado silva drop to LB

Its also the reason wingers scores for man City..

Folden Jesus on the wing ...

Our set up is very similar to man city
See their scorers below

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 9:52am On Oct 24, 2021
airmark:

Don't be hoodwinked.

Lol... But he said currently na. And he also said this, esp the bolded which was explicitly what I'm talking about

User09:

At least he provides flexibility for us. He currently has a better chemistry with Timo compared to the others and he has a history of playing 3-5-2 in Inter with Conte

TT certainly has his work cut out for him in terms of synergy upfront. Let's see in December, I expect adjustments to have been made

And this also, which was a response to Lukaku and the attack

User09:

Let's give it time.

Solutions can and will be found

I can't talk about the others, but I know where User.09 stands concerning Lukaku from his posts cos what mostly I understand from his post is improvement from lukaku

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 10:02am On Oct 24, 2021
Jodera:
Lol... But he said currently na. And he also said this, esp the bolded which was explicitly talking about

And this also, which was a response to Lukaku and the attack

I can't talk about the others, but I know where User.09 stands concerning Lukaku from his posts cos what mostly I understand from his post is improvement from lukaku
nearly everybody that has spotted the problem has proposed lukaku on the right

I don't share usero9 optimism, tuchel is trying to build the team to play lukaku's game with 352 and it's inhibiting us

Got nothing against the guy but I have always known that it was a bad deal

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (12686) (12687) (12688) (12689) (12690) (12691) (12692) ... (19945) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.