Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,267 members, 7,811,769 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:20 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (12957) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10450828 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12954) (12955) (12956) (12957) (12958) (12959) (12960) ... (19125) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:11pm On Dec 12, 2021
donjazet:

Shebi you know kante has actually played most of his career as DM before sarri changed him?

No he hasn't. Drinkwater sat more at Leicester. Kante has too much energy to sit.

First time I ever saw Kante play at Leicester was even on the left wing. I commented on this thread that very day how impressed I was.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 10:14pm On Dec 12, 2021
Ibime:

No he hasn't. Drinkwater sat more at Leicester. Kante has too much energy to sit.

First time I ever saw Kante play at Leicester was even on the left wing. I commented on this thread that very day how impressed I was.
who is the dm in France when kante and pogba plays in a 4231
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 10:16pm On Dec 12, 2021
Ibime:

We have all major footballing sites citing kante as a natural defensive midfielder but Ibime tells me that kante is not a defensive midfielder. Okay.

Ibime, please can you tell me what position kante plays for France?
Infact I don't even know how I carry myself enter this argument again. embarassed

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:21pm On Dec 12, 2021
lordfalcao:
who is the dm in France when kante and pogba plays in a 4231

That he played there out of necessity does not matter. Rabiot sat in the last Euros

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:24pm On Dec 12, 2021
donjazet:

We have all major footballing sites citing kante as a natural defensive midfielder but Ibime tells me that kante is not a defensive midfielder. Okay.

Ibime, please can you tell me what position kante plays for France?
Infact I don't even know how I carry myself enter this argument again. embarassed

Like I say, your contributions leave a lot to be desired.

When was the last time Kante played DM for Chelsea? Yet you rather believe the website than your own eyes. Try engage your own thinking faculty sometimes than mortgage it to others.

Even under Conte, Matic was the one sitting, while Kante drive forward.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 10:28pm On Dec 12, 2021
Segedinho:

Same 2021...joginho's sluggishness was vital to winning d UCL

Saul is faster...can u give him d role?

Jorginho's sluggishness was masked by Kante, hence his multiple Motm awards in the knockout stages.

Saul is not a DM, the likes of Rice, Philips, Ndidi, will send him to the bench if they join.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 10:29pm On Dec 12, 2021
Ibime:

Like I say, your contributions leave a lot to be desired.

When was the last time Kante played DM for Chelsea? Yet you rather believe the website than your own eyes. Try engage your own thinking faculty sometimes than mortgage it to others.
Even under Conte, Matic was the one sitting, while Kante drive forward.

Maybe because you are engaged in many talking points, you are now typing more than thinking.
Take a break man, it's needed.

I responded to somebody who says we have no natural DM in our team, when in fact we do.
Kante has always be known for his defensive duties, never for his underwhelming attacking instincts. We started seeing him play more in an attacking role when sarri came. He still plays his role of DM for France till today.
I normally do not like engaging in needless arguments which usually happens in football talks.

I like to argue to learn, but for something as opinionated as football where everybody has a half-baked opinion on issues,I choose to refer to agreed authorities, in this case, professionals or reputable footballing sites, so as to cut the argument short.

Eg, If you're saying Alonso is primarily a left back and I'm saying Alonso is primarily a left wing back, it's natural to default to an authority both of us agree upon to find a common ground. That's not "someone else doing thinking for you". It's common sense.

Again, I responded to someone saying we have NO DM in the squad. Is kante not a DM?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 10:30pm On Dec 12, 2021
Ibime:

That he played there out of necessity does not matter. Rabiot sat in the last Euros
grin grin

Out of necessity?

Well this says otherwise

https://www.transfermarkt.com/ngolo-kante/nationalmannschaft/spieler/225083

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Segedinho(m): 10:33pm On Dec 12, 2021
airmark:

Jorginho's sluggishness was masked by Kante, hence his multiple Motm awards in the knockout stages.

Saul is not a DM, the likes of Rice, Philips, Ndidi, will send him to the bench if they join.

Meaning TT is tactically crippled to notice it.

Why was kovacic a more energetic player benched to accommodate joginho who was a liability to Kante?.

We went for chiwell despite..Alonso n Emerson.

I think TT would have gone all out to get Ndidi or so to chance him since kovacic and Gilmour couldn't.

Mind u,we have drinkwater(a more energetic player) originally bought to partner Kante

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Segedinho(m): 10:38pm On Dec 12, 2021
lordfalcao:
grin grin

Out of necessity?

Well this says otherwise

https://www.transfermarkt.com/ngolo-kante/nationalmannschaft/spieler/225083

Receipts everywhere
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 10:42pm On Dec 12, 2021
izzou:

It is you guys that exaggerate his abilities. Na Una dey indirectly bring am for dragging grin
Rudiger won us penalties, but you guys have quickly taken the glory to Jorginho.
In the last few pages, someone said Jorginho was instrumental to our UCL win. Can you imagine?
grin

Excuse me Bros, as rudiger won the penalty, if we miss the penalties, would we win the match?
This is a simple something. Somebody scored 2 crucial penalties for us to win an important match, but hate no gree una commend am.
When we do, it now means we're setting him up for dragging. cheesy cheesy una Weldon oo.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 10:43pm On Dec 12, 2021
The way Veratti turns is majestic. Spins into a different direction within the blink of an eye.

Messi is just off the pace. Off his own pace. Over hitting passes he'd normally gauge perfectly with one eye closed, lacking sharpness and decisiveness in his dribbles...shooting without conviction.

Don't think it's the league, it's more of a personal problem based on what I'm seeing. I think he'll snap out of it soon though.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Maximilan: 10:44pm On Dec 12, 2021
BlueMann:
The way Veratti turns is majestic. Spins into a different direction within the blink of an eye.

Messi is just off the pace. Off his own pace. Over hitting passes he'd normally gauge perfectly with one eye closed, lacking sharpness and decisiveness in his dribbles...shooting without conviction.

Don't think it's the league, it's more of a personal problem based on what I'm seeing. I think he'll snap out of it soon though.

Messi only wants one thing and that’s the world cup, dude is uninterested in every other thing.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by izzou(m): 10:45pm On Dec 12, 2021
donjazet:

Excuse me Bros, as rudiger won the penalty, if we miss the penalties, would we win the match?
This is a simple something. Somebody scored 2 crucial penalties for us to win an important match, but hate no gree una commend am.
When we do, it now means we're setting him up for dragging. cheesy cheesy

Jorginho is the designated penalty taker.

If Mendy was designated for it, Mendy would take it. It's as simple as it is.

Someone won a penalty at the 94th minute, and you are eulogizing the man that was designed to take it. Abi, is it Rudiger's job to win penalties for us?

Like I said, you guys are just blowing his strength out of proportion

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:47pm On Dec 12, 2021
donjazet:

Maybe because you are engaged in many talking points, you are now typing more than thinking.
Take a break man, it's needed.

I responded to somebody who says we have no natural DM in our team, when in fact we do.
Kante has always be known for his defensive duties, never for his underwhelming attacking instincts. We started seeing him play more in an attacking role when sarri came. He still plays his role of DM for France till today.
I normally do not like engaging in needless arguments which usually happens in football talks.

I like to argue to learn, but for something as opinionated as football where everybody has a half-baked opinion on issues,I choose to refer to agreed authorities, in this case, professionals or reputable footballing sites, so as to cut the argument short.

Eg, If you're saying Alonso is primarily a left back and I'm saying Alonso is primarily a left wing back, it's natural to default to an authority both of us agree upon to find a common ground. That's not "someone else doing thinking for you". It's common sense.

Again, I responded to someone saying we have NO DM in the squad. Is kante not a DM?

You told us in Lampard early days that he was copying Sarri by playing a 3 man midfield with Kante as CM so you have gone back four years already to the start of Sarri era without any evidence of Kante being a regular DM.

Those who saw him at Leicester say Drinkwater did most of the sitting, while we know Matic did the sitting under Conte.

The fact is you never saw Kante in France but you are relying on it to class him as a primary DM even citing his no of tackles. Has Vidal making a million tackles ever made him a DM? Some of us may have called for him to play there in the past simply out of exasparation at Jorginho but we have always maintained he is a CM. And by the way, a fantastic one that is not worth converting to DM. Just like no one will convert Gareth Bale to a leftback even though he's capable and even started there

You have never seen Kante play regularly as a DM in the last 6 years, simple, but you are mortgaging your brain to website to make a point.

9 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Capaldi: 10:48pm On Dec 12, 2021
PDPGuy:
It’s official: The NFF has fired Gernot Rohr, and has appointed Austin Eguavoen as Temporary Technical Adviser.

What do you guys think? Right move or wrong move?
NFF is not serious at all. One month before AFCON starts and few months to world cup final qualifying matches. Talk about unseriousness.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Capaldi: 10:49pm On Dec 12, 2021
Maximilan:

Messi only wants one thing and that’s the world cup, dude is uninterested in every other thing.
What a cheap excuse. Nigga is missing sitters and losing possession up and down like a confused being.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Segedinho(m): 10:50pm On Dec 12, 2021
Joginho isn't a one man mopol.

He is good at what he does hence deserves some applauds when he plays well.

He also deserves criticism when he plays rubbish.

Personally I take Kante 100 times ahead of him.....but he compliments him wella.

He is slow and lacks stamina but quite important in breaking opposition aggresive threats.

He has problem of being disposed when it involves physicality hence he knows what to do b4 a player get to him...

Another of his draw back his passing backward for safety but he has improved lately with forward passes..

Kante/kovacic on the other hand,charges forward and breaks upfronts due to their pace and energy...........

They are all good but could be stupid also....

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Maximilan: 10:53pm On Dec 12, 2021
Capaldi:

What a cheap excuse. Nigga is missing sitters and losing possession up and down like a confused being.

Just my opinion, every other thing to attach is your business.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Segedinho(m): 10:53pm On Dec 12, 2021
izzou:

Jorginho is the designated penalty taker.

If Mendy was designated for it, Mendy would take it. It's as simple as it is.

Someone won a penalty at the 94th minute, and you are eulogizing the man that was designed to take it. Abi, is it Rudiger's job to win penalties for us?

Like I said, you guys are just blowing his strength out of proportion
Why was he chosen as the first choice ahead of every other person

If robben had scored the penalty vs Chelsea..

I don't think they would have ended up with red eyes after the final whistle

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Capaldi: 10:54pm On Dec 12, 2021
Maximilan:

Just my opinion, every other thing to attach is your business.
K
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by izzou(m): 10:56pm On Dec 12, 2021
Segedinho:

Okay

Jorginho is the best player in the team. Infact, he should be considered for Ballon d'Or next year

This would make you happy now, right? grin

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by thorrvik55(m): 10:58pm On Dec 12, 2021
donjazet:

Shebi you know kante has actually played most of his career as DM before sarri changed him?

Lol.. Kante was a box to box midfielder at Leicester. He was not a sitting DM.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by thorrvik55(m): 10:59pm On Dec 12, 2021
lordfalcao:
you forgot immediately that kante is a Dm too?

What did kante play in Leicester and France ?
Kante is not a DM.. He is a box to box midfielder

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 11:00pm On Dec 12, 2021
izzou:

Okay

Jorginho is the best player in the team. Infact, he should be considered for Ballon d'Or next year

Well, 3rd place already makes me happy. He has joined a very small elite group of footballers. European player of the year, another bonus.
It's happiness for jorginho all around this year.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 11:01pm On Dec 12, 2021
Segedinho:

Maybe him dey cook food for tuchel, put juju. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by izzou(m): 11:03pm On Dec 12, 2021
donjazet:

Well, 3rd place already makes me happy. He has joined a very small elite group of footballers. European player of the year, another bonus.
It's happiness for jorginho all around this year.

I am happy for him.

He's the kind of guy Christians would regard as being favoured. He was definitely a lucky man last season.

I am happy for him. I really am

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Segedinho(m): 11:03pm On Dec 12, 2021
izzou:

Okay

That is you blowing out of proportion..

I can't even accept the fact that joginho was rated above salah and benzema in d just concluded award

Every players are very important........

So far...joginho doesn't deserve some hilarious criticism here........

My opinion is criticise a player if he plays rubbish not judging him due to ur default hatred..

Just like our oga havertz10 hates mount.....

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 11:05pm On Dec 12, 2021
swiz123:

CC: Donstan18
People thought Fraudvertz will chase Mount.

They thought Tuchel will chase Mount.

Did it happen?

Why think I’ll be worried over someone thinking Gallagher will chase Chelsea’s best player? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Segedinho(m): 11:06pm On Dec 12, 2021
donjazet:

Maybe him dey cook food for tuchel, put juju. grin grin
I decide to shook mouth today vos their default hatred too much.

E come be like say..na juju him dey use from sarri to TT
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Segedinho(m): 11:09pm On Dec 12, 2021
donstan18:

People thought Fraudvertz will chase Mount.

They thought Tuchel will chase Mount.

Did it happen?

Why think I’ll be worried over someone thinking Gallagher will chase Chelsea’s best player? cheesy

Some people hatred too much..

Gallagher did pre-season just like chalobar..

But dem chase one leave the other...forgetting big clubs require strong mentality and belief
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 11:10pm On Dec 12, 2021
Segedinho:

Meaning TT is tactically crippled to notice it.

Why was kovacic a more energetic player benched to accommodate joginho who was a liability to Kante?.

We went for chiwell despite..Alonso n Emerson.

I think TT would have gone all out to get Ndidi or so to chance him since kovacic and Gilmour couldn't.

Mind u,we have drinkwater(a more energetic player) originally bought to partner Kante

Nobody expected long injury spells for Kante/Kovacic like this and the likes of Gilmour, Drinkwater need more play time, hence loaned out. Tuchel must be biting his fingers now, with this present porous midfield led by Jorginho.

We just pray for minimal damage before we get the K-K back.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (12954) (12955) (12956) (12957) (12958) (12959) (12960) ... (19125) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: andrewbaba44, TradingGod and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.