Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,928 members, 7,845,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (13535) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10659718 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13532) (13533) (13534) (13535) (13536) (13537) (13538) ... (19314) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:02am On Mar 10, 2022
swiz123:

[s]Jorginho won the CL without him, beating this very Madrid as he strolled to it. Immediately went to the Euros and helped Donarumma's career. Now, Donarumma's was given a chance to prove himself without jorginho and he blew it. Donarumma needed just one thing today and that's Jorginho.[/s]

Kante won the CL for Jogginghoe who was lucky enough to have a Donnaruma behind him to save numerous penalties at the Euros so he can call himself a Champion. Same Jogginghoe is a bench player today, just 7 months later, the first Balon d'Or contender in history that can say that

10 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 12:06am On Mar 10, 2022
raumdeuter:

Whatever your citadel proprietor says reflect on you
You don high.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 12:06am On Mar 10, 2022
Ibime:

Kante won the CL for Jogginghoe who was lucky enough to have a Donnaruma behind him to save numerous penalties at the Euros so he can call himself a Champion. Same Jogginghoe is a bench player today, just 7 months later, the first Balon d'Or contender in history that can say that

Donnarumma had the extra advantage of playing with Varrati who supposedly carried Jorginho in midfield but could only carry his team back to Paris empty handed. It's obvious Jorginho carried these two.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:08am On Mar 10, 2022
popizaino:

Same reason Boateng is not playing for Bayern Munich.

I had to check Ligue1 table today to see how far the werey has fallen. This is the kind of obscurity he deserves, not the limelight his illustrious teammates put him in. As much as Hummel's was lampooned, Hummels is still on our TV screens and in our consciousness while Boathand has disappeared. He should be happy he had a long contract at Bayern and could stay relevant for another 3 years after they asked him to leave

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 12:10am On Mar 10, 2022
swiz123:

That Iniesta and Xavi should still be playing together now.

Is modric not still playing ?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:10am On Mar 10, 2022
swiz123:

Donnarumma had the extra advantage of playing with Varrati who supposedly carried Jorginho in midfield but could only carry his team back to Paris empty handed. It's obvious Jorginho carried these two.

Yeah sure, by missing penalties while Donnaruma was saving them. Whatever you say comrade

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 12:11am On Mar 10, 2022
I too love Chelsea . Eh god na which kan obssession I get for this club like this. embarassed
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:14am On Mar 10, 2022
Segedinho:
I think we are rushing this guy

Is this true?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 12:24am On Mar 10, 2022
Ibime:

I had to check Ligue1 table today to see how far the werey has fallen. This is the kind of obscurity he deserves, not the limelight his illustrious teammates put him in. As much as Hummel's was lampooned, Hummels is still on our TV screens and in our consciousness while Boathand has disappeared. He should be happy he had a long contract at Bayern and could stay relevant for another 3 years after they asked him to leave

andrew liver salt sorry Andrewbaba44 you see when I told you that my comment was beyond your paygrade I was right, now look at how someone with higher intelligent quotient easily grasp what I meant there. Better go and sin no more my friend .
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Exonerate1(m): 12:29am On Mar 10, 2022
Segedinho:
Them say mount dey play like modric.

Werey full this thread.

cheesy

grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 12:34am On Mar 10, 2022
Ibime:

When Boateng was going to the world cup 2010 and finishing 3rd where was Hummels?

When Boateng was winning 2 treble where was this Hummels

Boateng at his peak won all titles in club and NT football we are still waiting for Hummels to win 1 CL

Long contract did not save Hummels from being expelled from Bayern twice. They didn't wait for his contract to expire he was chased out of the team

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 12:36am On Mar 10, 2022
popizaino:

andrew liver salt sorry Andrewbaba44 you see when I told you that my comment was beyond your paygrade I was right, now look at how someone with higher intelligent quotient easily grasp what I meant there. Better go and sin no more my friend .

Hazard is at Madrid, and players like Asensio Vasquez Rodrigo Camavinga are even ahead of him

We were told Hazard needed to play for Madrid to be show his potential not knowing that his potential is on the bench when crucial CL matches are on

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:41am On Mar 10, 2022
raumdeuter:

When Boateng was going to the world cup 2010 and finishing 3rd where was Hummels?

When Boateng was winning 2 treble where was this Hummels

Boateng at his peak won all titles in club and NT football we are still waiting for Hummels to win 1 CL

Long contract did not save Hummels from being expelled from Bayern twice. They didn't wait for his contract to expire he was chased out of the team

Hummels was wanted on open market, that's why he could exit where he was not wanted to where he was wanted

Boateng was made available for 3 years and was unwanted on market, till finally only Lyon would pick him on free transfer. Only lack of active market kept Boateng in Bayern. As you say money talks, and said everything we needed to know about how valued Boating was that nobody made a bid, so he hung around like a bad smell, a millstone on Bayern neck till they could finally free themselves of his contract. Legends contracts are extended, not asked to leave at 29, and not allowed to go disgrace themselves at Lyon. I wonder why Phillip Lahm, Lewa, Muller, and co are being asked to retire at Bayern while Boathand was chased.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 12:53am On Mar 10, 2022
Ibime:

Hummels was wanted on open market, that's why he could exit where he was not wanted to where he was wanted

Boateng was made available for 3 years and was unwanted on market, till finally only Lyon would pick him on free transfer. Only lack of active market kept Boateng in Bayern. As you say money talks, and said everything we needed to know about how valued Boating was that nobody made a bid, so he hung around like a bad smell, a millstone on Bayern neck till they could finally free themselves of his contract. Legends contracts are extended, not asked to leave at 29, and not allowed to go disgrace themselves at Lyon. I wonder why Phillip Lahm, Lewa, Muller, and co are being asked to retire at Bayern while Boathand was chased.

Schweinsteiger, Ribery Robben did not retire at Bayern, they were allowed to leave without retiring at Bayern. Javi Martinez, Giovanni Elber, Effenberg did not retire at Bayern

Ribery still plays till today and he still remains a Bayern legend

Iniesta Messi did not retire at Barca, Ramos did not retire at Madrid, Aguero, Silva did not retire at City, Lampard did not retire at Chelsea, Keane did not retire at Man Utd so the fable that legends have to retire at a club holds no water

No top club wanted Hummels all through his career. He grew up in Bayern academy was sent away while Bayern got Boateng a few years later. At Hummels prime Bayern signed him and sent him out 3yrs later while Boateng stayed a decade at Bayern starting games till he left

Bayern is not a money miss road club that will use sentiments to be extending undeserving players like Terry ad neasuem. A player won't use fans to blackmail the team to extend them beyond their sell date

Boateng played for Bayern a tier 1 club for a decade as a starter winning 2 CL titles, don't you wish you can say the same for Terry and Hummels especially the CL title winning part?

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 1:06am On Mar 10, 2022
raumdeuter:

Ribery Robben did not retire at Bayern, they were allowed to leave without extending their contracts

Ribery still plays till today and he still remains a Bayern legend

No top club wanted Hummels all through his career. He grew up in Bayern academy was sent away while Bayern got Boateng a few years later. At Hummels prime Bayern signed him and sent him out 3yrs later while Boateng stayed a decade at Bayern starting games till he left

Bayern is not a money miss road club that will use sentiments to be extending undeserving players like Terry ad neasuem. A player won't use fans to blackmail the team to extend them beyond their sell date

Boateng played for Bayern a tier 1 club for a decade as a starter winning 2 CL titles, don't you wish you can say the same for Terry and Hummels especially the CL title winning part?

Robben retired at Bayern. He only came out to play for his hometown club after retirement to help them through the pandemic.

He and Ribery stayed at Bayern till 35 which is way past sell-by date for a winger. Bayern have confirmed their legend status by allowing them to stay till that age AS WINGERS.

Top class centrebacks are allowed to stay till 35 easily if they are legends. Not being chased at 29 and finally leaving at 32 when contract finally expires.

Robben got a contract extension at 34, Ribery got a contract extension at 34, allowing them both to play till 35. If Ribery choose not to retire at that point, that's because he loves the game. Bayern have done everything feasible to allow him retire at 35 there. Boateng was asked to leave at 29 and hung around like a bad smell for 3 more years.

You just confirmed the difference between legends and carryalong.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 1:09am On Mar 10, 2022
Just watched PSG highlights. How they lost that game after utterly dominating the first 60 minutes is a mystery. They should give up. UCL is not for them.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 1:17am On Mar 10, 2022
Boathand and Hummels were both chased from Bayern, only Hummels had a willing buyer

Boathand was chased from National team, Hummels was kept.

The market has spoken. Hummels is a more reasonable comparator for Boathand, not Terry or Silva.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 1:18am On Mar 10, 2022
Ibime:

Robben retired at Bayern. He only came out to play for his hometown club after retirement to help them through the pandemic.

He and Ribery stayed at Bayern till 35 which is way past sell-by date for a winger. Bayern have confirmed their legend status by allowing them to stay till that age AS WINGERS.

Top class centrebacks are allowed to stay till 35 easily if they are legends. Not being chased at 29 and finally leaving at 32 when contract finally expires.

Robben got a contract extension at 34, Ribery got a contract extension at 34, allowing them both to play till 35. If Ribery choose not to retire at that point, that's because he lives the game. Bayern have done everything feasible to allow him retire at 35 there. Boateng was asked to leave at 29 and hung around like a bad smell for 3 more years.

You just confirmed the difference between legends and carryalong.

Boateng was a starter at Bayern for a decade, which Hummels could not make past 3 yrs
Terry stayed for donkey years blackmailing the team for contract yet could not win 1 CL on the field, His NT even improved the moment he left
Boateng served Bayern for 10yrs and left as a starter winning CL titles along the way, when Hummels or Terry do that let us know

Boateng does not have to stay at Bayern for 5 decades to be a legend, He stayed 1 deade which happens to be our most succesful in recent history winning 2 trebles and 1 world cup. Terry couldnt win 1. Every NT tournament he came back embarrased

As it stand John Stones and Maguire have done more for England NT than John Terry all his career

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 1:20am On Mar 10, 2022
Ibime:
Boathand and Hummels were both chased from Bayern, only Hummels had a willing buyer

The market has spoken. Hummels is a more reasonable comparator for Boathand, not Terry or Silva.
Players play for biggest trophies

Boateng Terry Silva Hummels
They all played for top NT and clubs
Only Boateng has a world cup and CL to his resume

Let the others keep trying maybe if they eat all the tomatoes they will one day "ketch up"

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 2:32am On Mar 10, 2022
Ibime:

Boatank has come seen and conquered. No rule says he must stay 100 years at Bayern. No be him papa get club. He has won 2 trebles and achieved everything to be achieved at the highest level. How many black players you sabi wey dey get lengthy career like that?

Mind you him also get extracurricular gbege that hastened his exit from Bayern. We didn't want a Mason Greenwood type level even though his offense was not to the alleged Greenwood case. But we couldn't take any chances

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 2:44am On Mar 10, 2022
A40:
Boatank has come seen and conquered. No rule says he must stay 100 years at Bayern. No be him papa get club. He has won 2 trebles and achieved everything to be achieved at the highest level. How many black players you sabi wey dey get lengthy career like that?

Mind you him also get extracurricular gbege that hastened his exit from Bayern. We didn't want a Mason Greenwood type level even though his offense was not to the alleged Greenwood case. But we couldn't take any chances

Him no get extracurricular anything. He was asked to leave strictly for football reason years before he killed that girl.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 2:44am On Mar 10, 2022
Ibime:

Hummels was a sentimental buy back from Dortmund, no other relevant club in Europe wanted him.

As far as National team Boateng was oft injured and dealing with poor fitness. From 2019 season onwards and everyone knew this.

The question is what has the impact of Hummels being? What has he done since joining an inferior team like Dortmund.

His calamitous defending knocked his team out of a group with Ajax and Sporting Lisbon, then they dropped to Europa and got disgraced by Rangers of all teams

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 2:48am On Mar 10, 2022
Ibime:

Him no get extracurricular anything. He was asked to leave strictly for football reason years before he killed that girl.
He was asked to leave yet we refused a bid from PSG for him

Killed what girl? Person wey commit suicide. Make una try dey hold people accountable for their actions abeg

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 3:32am On Mar 10, 2022
Nairaland is a place where people argue what everyone offline already know.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by EmmanuelScott1(m): 6:47am On Mar 10, 2022
EmmanuelScott1:
I said it, that PSG is going home tonight grin grin

Eibarman fans won't like it grin

wonder who's trending grin grin, Mbappe carried

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by andrewbaba44: 6:56am On Mar 10, 2022
popizaino:

Oga Make I hear word

Chop your L in peace
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 7:21am On Mar 10, 2022
nihilistjnr:

Lmao

Jimmy left politics and came out for this grin grin grin

Baba won't let me rest, he keeps mentioning me. grin

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 7:21am On Mar 10, 2022
hensben:
My guy how far. Long time grin

Fine o, my brother
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AnfieldFan: 7:37am On Mar 10, 2022
Mbappe is now a pace merchant grin grin cheesy grin

Nothing we no go read for here shaaa...

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 7:47am On Mar 10, 2022
raumdeuter:
Benzema double

Airmark need to explain what is happening to the bag of beans

Without Thiago Silva in Psg's defence, this same team lost to unknown players at Rennes, Nice, Nantes this season. But we must hail Benzema that scored from tap ins and deflected shot. grin

For like 20 seasons, he hasn't scored 25+ league goals. Where were you when these posts were made?

Devvy4:
Vini has turn benzizou to a tap-in merchant, soon barka fans plebs will start calling him Tapinzema

TheHulk616:
Benzema missed 5 chances and later he will say I don't understand football

Replace your bag of beans with Kane and see Madrid winning Ucl again.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 8:00am On Mar 10, 2022
Ibime:
Wow, I was so tired and slept off. I never once imagined that PSG would lose the tie to Madrid after watching the first leg. Benzema flogs Airmark once again cheesy

My Pulisic flogged him and his fanboy, Raumdeuter, out of Ucl the last time he met my team. Scoring against a team that conceded 3 goals against Nantes, means nothing. He should score 3 goals against my team and knock us out.

8 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by andrewbaba44: 8:19am On Mar 10, 2022
hensben:
Neymar the unserious footballer, waiting for mbappe to take him through. 250m euro player. Biggest flop in world football.

Neymar biggest flop in world football cheesy cheesy

Clown

(1) (2) (3) ... (13532) (13533) (13534) (13535) (13536) (13537) (13538) ... (19314) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: abimcdssi, stephennel(m), izzou(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.