Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,673 members, 7,865,707 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 12:33 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1356) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10755964 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1353) (1354) (1355) (1356) (1357) (1358) (1359) ... (19436) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 7:58pm On Sep 23, 2015
coogar:

so if for the next 2 years, gomis becomes the best striker in the world
we wouldn't call him world class because of lack of talent?

there was a time carl lewis was winning olympic gold(100m sprint) with 9.99 secs
in this day and age, he wouldn't make the top 20. so carl lewis isn't world class?

Atletics is a different Sport with different dynamics

If due to lack of talent Gommis at his current level becomes the best striker.

Its like saying because Jordan henderson is the best English player for now then he should be world class

Or if neymar retires now and Oscar suddenly becomes Brazils best player he suddenly becomes world class
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 8:00pm On Sep 23, 2015
Dadehmola:
Exactly the main reason we keep telling you to stop the BoaTHONG rubbish.

Pique also falls into this category IMO
Neymar is rubbish compared to Messi

Boateng is rubbish compared to who? Terry or David Luiz or Cahill?

If we are comparing Boateng to Nesta, Maldini, Sammer, Kohler I can agree he is rubbish. But compared to terry and luiz? he is a god

No one has said Boateng is world class when compared to defensive greats but I would say he is one of the top 3 Central defenders currently
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 8:00pm On Sep 23, 2015
raumdeuter:

In my opinion there should be a bar for the term World class just like we have Hall of fame in Basketball

So it doesnt have to do with the period. If 10 players make it currently then they are all world class, if another time comes and no one makes that cut then no one is world class

We cant say Ronaldo Lima is world class and another time Gommis is the best striker due to lack of talent so we just make him world class

Thats my opinion and I think thats Fergusons thinking too

I will say that with caution. It will fast discredit many of the views you have previously stood by on here.

To the logic of the point; this would be akin to saying a particular player is not worth WPOTY because there is a dearth of quality players in the said period. You can see how quickly the logic would become extremely controversial.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 8:02pm On Sep 23, 2015
make una find link give us for these match
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by JigsawKillah(m): 8:03pm On Sep 23, 2015
A party at Barca's thread might be next
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 8:04pm On Sep 23, 2015
raumdeuter:

Oponu ni e
The poster was the one who claimed VDS had more individual achievements than Cech

You should have shut him down while using individual achievement to rate a player if you are not a party to it. I no get your time now. Na later things. I dey watch different matches now.

JigsawKillah:
Tval. . . Any link to livestream the Chelsea match, please?

lordfalcao:
make una find link give us for these match

http://www.fromrow.eu/watch-Walsall-vs-Chelsea-link-1-code-150921092041.html
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 8:05pm On Sep 23, 2015
Falcao unlucky.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 8:06pm On Sep 23, 2015
nateevs:
I will say that with caution. It will fast discredit many of the views you have previously stood by on here.

To the logic of the point, this would be akin to saying a particular player is not worth WPOTY because there is a dearth of quality players in the said period. You can see how quickly the logic would become extremely controversial.

WPOTY is considering a time frame and the available competition. Just like EPL best player where the finalists were Hazard Harry kane and coutinho.
In the late 2000 when the EPL was the top competition none of these would even make top 5-10.
Like someone who was first in a class with 65% compared to another class where the 4th was 70%

So thats why Ronaldo would be PFA player of the year and Hazard would also claim the same thing with a far inferior performance

E.g Iniesta, Robben, Ribery, Suarez would never win WPOTY, if they had played at this level in another year they would have won.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Tval(m): 8:09pm On Sep 23, 2015
JigsawKillah:
Tval. . . Any link to livestream the Chelsea match, please?
http://ifirstrow.eu/watch/373329/1/watch-walsall-vs-chelsea.html
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 8:13pm On Sep 23, 2015
raumdeuter:

VDS had poor spells Started with promise well above average in Ajax. Went full reetard in Juve and Fulham. Had good stints in Man utd especially around 2009-2010 and his weakness for shots on his Left hand side. Still had the experience to make it work in Man utd.

It can be argued that he might not have world class talent but his calmness and experience made him at least a very good keeper e.g Jens Lehmann

If most mention the top 5 keepers of the past 20yrs VDS might be omitted in many evaluations

But Schmeichel is world class by any method of evaluation
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 8:13pm On Sep 23, 2015
See as Lalkovic just zip past Ivanovic. Lalkovic seems determined to show Chelsea for selling him.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 8:14pm On Sep 23, 2015
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 8:14pm On Sep 23, 2015
airmark:

You should have shut him down while using individual achievement to rate a player if you are not a party to it. I no get your time now. Na later things. I dey watch different matches now.

Thats because he is factually incorrect to say VDS has more individual honor than cech. You need a class in logic. You dont proceed with a discussion until you address the factual error.

E.g Someone says I think Neymar is a better player than Messi because Neymar is from Togo. Before going ahead with the argument you first correct the factual error else both would be arguing on a wrong premise
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 8:17pm On Sep 23, 2015
Ibime:

But Schmeichel is world class by any method of evaluation

I cant really argue against that because some of his displays in Euro 92 and beyond were out of this world
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Dadehmola: 8:17pm On Sep 23, 2015
raumdeuter:

If we are comparing Boateng to Nesta, Maldini, Sammer, Kohler I can agree he is rubbish. But compared to terry and luiz? he is a god

No one has said Boateng is world class when compared to defensive greats but I would say he is one of the top 3 Central defenders currently

By the same parameters you used to rate Neuer earlier, how is terry not head & shoulders above Boathong??

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 8:19pm On Sep 23, 2015
Nihilist:

Mutu was worldclass at Chelsea...He was at the zenith of his career when he got done for using fishscale.

How was Mutu world class at Chelsea? I think you was young then. I was fully 20 years old when Mutu played for Chelsea. He shone his first 5 games then disappeared. He scored only 10 goals in a full season under Ranieri before Jose came the next season and turfed him for cocaine use. He was nowhere near World Class, just decent. He wasn't even a guaranteed starter by the end of Ranieris reign.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 8:19pm On Sep 23, 2015
Dadehmola:
By the same parameters you used to rate Neuer earlier, how is terry not head & shoulders above Boathong??

Neuer has dominated a CL final, Neuer has been awarded the best keeper in recent times, Won a world cup and CL, redefined the game/keeping role

Terry has never dominated any final, When was the last time Terry was nominated for any award?

i showed a list of best players in Europe for last season and Boa was the highest ranked defender while No mention was made of terry
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 8:20pm On Sep 23, 2015
Ibime:

How was Mutu world class at Chelsea? I think you was young then. I was fully 20 years old when Mutu played for Chelsea. He shone his first 5 games then disappeared. He scored only 10 goals in a full season under Ranieri before Jose came the next season and turfed him for cocaine use. He was nowhere near World Class, just decent. He wasn't even a guaranteed starter by the end of Ranieris reign.

No blame Nihilist. Na for Igbo joint he sabi Mutu. The igbo still never clear for him eyes.

Mutu Ko Mutiu ni
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 8:22pm On Sep 23, 2015
raumdeuter:

I don't understand.
On one hand Boateng is world class but rubbish when compared with other greats. Still world class.
On the other hand, Hazard cannot be called world class because compared to other greats, he is rubbish.

There's a fault in this logic Dayo. Please address it.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 8:26pm On Sep 23, 2015
Goooall!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 8:26pm On Sep 23, 2015
Reeeeemy!!!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Dadehmola: 8:28pm On Sep 23, 2015
raumdeuter:

Neuer has dominated a CL final, Neuer has been awarded the best keeper in recent times, Won a world cup and CL, redefined the game/keeping role

Terry has never dominated any final, When was the last time Terry was nominated for any award?

i showed a list of best players in Europe for last season and Boa was the highest ranked defender while No mention was made of terry

Guy, Terry at his prime was has always been the crux of the matter - who's talking about his performance last season?

Let me even pretend I agree with you. However, you stylishly dodged the Stevie G question I asked earlier (based on the bolded)
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 8:30pm On Sep 23, 2015
Barcelona getting hammered 3-0 by Celta Vigo
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 8:30pm On Sep 23, 2015
nateevs:

I don't understand.
On one hand Boateng is world class but rubbish when compared with other greats. Still world class.
On the other hand, Hazard cannot be called world class because compared to other greats, he is rubbish.

There's fault in this logic Dayo. Please address it.

Nowhere today have i said Boateng is world class. Or can you quote it?

I have been asked at least twice and I stated he is among the best Central defenders today but is World class yet. Maybe in some years

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 8:32pm On Sep 23, 2015
Dadehmola:

Let me even pretend I agree with you. However, you stylishly dodged the Stevie G question I asked earlier (based on the bolded)

I told you Steven gerard has fuckedd up probably more big games than he has helped

He played 3 World cups and 3 Euro cups for England and no memorable match

Thats why I asked what is his best role? I think Ibime has done justice to the myth of Gerrard on this pages already
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Dadehmola: 8:34pm On Sep 23, 2015
raumdeuter:

I told you Steven gerard has fuckedd up probably more big games than he has helped

He played 3 World cups and 3 Euro cups for England and no memorable match

Thats why I asked what is his best role? I think Ibime has done justice to the myth of Gerrard on this pages already

Then why do you keep hammering on Boathong's performance at the worldcup final but when asked to use the same metrics to rate Gerrard based on his exploits in instanbul in 2005, you run away??
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 8:40pm On Sep 23, 2015
Dadehmola:
Then why do you keep on hammering on Boathong's performance at the worldcup final but when asked to use the same metrics to rate Gerrard based on his exploits in instanbul in 2005, you run away??

How many big games has Gerard played and how many has he ruined? I can give you on top of my head Vs France in Euro, Vs Chelsea 2014, Vs Arsenal where he was passing to Henry

He lacks discipline on the field which was why he was always shunted away from there

A player who is that indisciplined cant be called world class
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 8:41pm On Sep 23, 2015
raumdeuter:

Thats because he is factually incorrect to say VDS has more individual honor than cech. You need a class in logic. You dont proceed with a discussion until you address the factual error.

Stop muddling things up t,wat. You addressed no factual error, mister. You often forget I am not one of the dullards you engage and serve bullsh1ts. Did you need to list individual awards Neuer won before you corrected his factual error on VDS and cech? By next week I will start series on your mumu thread to expose all gibberishes you have been serving on this section.

raumdeuter:
Before 2014 World cup Neuer was already the best keeper in Europe. He was UEFA keeper of the year 2013. he was world best keeper of 2013

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 8:44pm On Sep 23, 2015
airmark:

Stop muddling things up t,wat. You addressed no factual error, mister. You often forget I am not one of the dullards you engage and serve bullsh1ts. Did you need to list individual awards Neuer won before you corrected his factual error on VDS and cech? By next week I will start series on your mumu thread to expose all gibberishes you have been serving on this section.

You be mumu. Someone said VDS had more indiv awards than cech. which was factually wrong but because of your feyingbole Grammar school background you wouldnt know how to address that situation mumu
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 8:47pm On Sep 23, 2015
airmark:

So you also believe that individual achievements of players is crucial to determine which player is better than the other? I love this. cool cool cool

cc: chelseafan1, hensben, mourinholic,airbornelacer, nihilist

Who doesn't know raumdeuter to be 'sentimental analyst' huh. I only pity nonsoroyalty who thinks he's the best thing after Martin Tyler and Alan Smith.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 8:53pm On Sep 23, 2015
RLC has not well today
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 8:55pm On Sep 23, 2015
raumdeuter:

You be mumu. Someone said VDS had more indiv awards than cech. which was factually wrong but because of your feyingbole Grammar school background you wouldnt know how to address that situation mumu

Addressing VDS and cech individual awards issue has nothing to do with telling us individual awards neuer has won, if not that you also believe in individual awards. Don't shy away from your mess. You are senseless.

raumdeuter:
Before 2014 World cup Neuer was already the best keeper in Europe. He was UEFA keeper of the year 2013. he was world best keeper of 2013

raumdeuter:

Boateng a god to terry? Please show me any non-german great player in the league of Xavi and Ronaldinho that has ever praised boateng for being influential in Bayern team over the years? If you cant do it, then ciao.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1353) (1354) (1355) (1356) (1357) (1358) (1359) ... (19436) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.