Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,767 members, 7,862,496 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 06:14 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1363) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10738600 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1360) (1361) (1362) (1363) (1364) (1365) (1366) ... (19404) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by UniqueGem(m): 6:58pm On Sep 25, 2015
I'm not engaging you for a shitty Terry vs Boateng arguement, because its a no-brainer(Terry shits on Boateng). My discuss with you is that Boateng was in no way Germany's best player at the 2014 world cup, neither did Germany win the world cup because of his involvement. Boateng made last ditch tackles to prevent 1-on-1s with Neuer, so did the Argentian defense produce masterclass to keep the germans at bay(so here, defending cancels defending). The only difference which decided the match was that Gotze came on and scored for Germany and Argentina couldn't score. If asked: Raumdeuter, what made Germany win the 2014 world cup? Will you say "because Boateng defended very well" or "Because Germany scored and Argentina couldn't score"? Oga no dey find excuses Jare. okay now, Which would you Agree with - Bayern where knocked out of the UCL last year because of Boateng shitty defending or because Messi and co produced a masterclass?

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 7:01pm On Sep 25, 2015
Headache dey worry me. Bastards.

FRANK LEBEOUF beasted 1998 World Cup final.

He is better than Terry.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 7:02pm On Sep 25, 2015
End of discussion
raumdeuter:

DId you watch the world cup or were told especially the finals?

Jérôme Boateng 9

Made a vital clearance after a surging run from Messi and was always quick to snuff out danger. Quick, calm and authoritative, his displays in Brazil have been a revelation and he was man of the match

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jul/13/germany-argentina-brazil-2014-worlds-cup-final-player-ratings

BOateng 9
Got better as the match progressed. Made a number of important tackles and clearances after initially being troubled by the pace of the Argentine counter-attacks. The Bayern centre-back was dominant and was Germany's star performer. Man of the match.
Rio Ferdinand's view: "Boateng was immense today."
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28286068

Without Boatengs performance in that world cup final, Germany would lose easily as he ate Messi and Aguero all through the game

If you have doubts I have videos and gifs to proove this
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by UniqueGem(m): 7:08pm On Sep 25, 2015
raumdeuter:
End of discussion
Its your trademark to always run away whenever you're cornered, but answer this first or Run and never return
UniqueGem:
I'm not engaging you for a shitty Terry vs Boateng arguement, because its a no-brainer(Terry shits on Boateng). My discuss with you is that Boateng was in no way Germany's best player at the 2014 world cup, neither did Germany win the world cup because of his involvement. Boateng made last ditch tackles to prevent 1-on-1s with Neuer, so did the Argentian defense produce masterclass to keep the germans at bay(so here, defending cancels defending). The only difference which decided the match was that Gotze came on and scored for Germany and Argentina couldn't score. If asked: Raumdeuter, what made Germany win the 2014 world cup? Will you say "because Boateng defended very well" or "Because Germany scored and Argentina couldn't score"? Oga no dey find excuses Jare. okay now, Which would you Agree with - Bayern where knocked out of the UCL last year because of Boateng shitty defending or because Messi and co produced a masterclass?
raumdeuter:
End of discussion
Its your trademark to always run away whenever you're cornered, but answer this first or Run and never return
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 7:10pm On Sep 25, 2015
UniqueGem:

What exactly is your point?

List them out
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 7:10pm On Sep 25, 2015
AirborneLacer:

Except that JT wasn't doing the defensive works alone. Carvalho and Gallas deserve a carbon-copy of the PFA award if JT won it by the virtue of Chelsea letting in just 15 goals that season.

john terry na english man naaa....
if he produces the same performance as 3 other guys, they would name him
as the man of the match.

in matches where rooney scores one goal and other players score goals as
well.....the media normally say rooney helps united to win the game. cheesy if a foreign
striker had no goals in 953 league minutes for united, he woulda been crucified by the media.

terry was the best CB in 2004/5 though....people forget that chelsea team was singlehandedly
the best squad in europe that year. petr cech back then was better than anything neuer has done
for germany. then you have the spine of terry-makelele-lampard-drogba. once chelsea score a goal,
that's the end of the game. you could hire messi and maradona that time and nothing would happen.

You know the guys to ask this cheesy

i am asking you....

raumdeuter:

Germany won the world cup without the performance of BoaTANK in the final they wouldnt have
The aim of playing the world cup is to win the trophy not to make the team of tournament.
Boatanks performance delivere the world cup for his team
Give any player the option between winning the trophy and being named on the team of the tournament Let me know which they pick

i agree with you.
boateng won that game for germany.....without him, argentina woulda scored before
goetze came on to apply his acrobatic finish. boateng is the most improved defender
in the world right now. he's ahead of ramos and pique as we speak.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 7:12pm On Sep 25, 2015
coogar:

i agree with you.
boateng won that game for germany.....without him, argentina woulda scored before
goetze came on to apply his acrobatic finish. boateng is the most improved defender
in the world right now. he's ahead of ramos and pique as we speak.

Case closed. Na how you go sabi person wey know ball
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 7:13pm On Sep 25, 2015
timbros:
Who was the official man of the match in this final in question sef? Boateng?

Infact did Boateng win ANY man of the match award in Brazil 2014?

I learnt something new though. Supposing Goetze didn't score in that match and Boateng was busy beasting Messi and Aguero then the match ended 0-0, Germany would have won the cup.

SMH

I am always sad seeing Dayo making a f00l of himself on this section with senseless points. I don't think he would say all these things physically while among decent and educated soccer analysts. sad
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 7:22pm On Sep 25, 2015
Meanwhile this is Boateng beasting the final.. ..

grin grin grin

Man of the match indeed.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 7:24pm On Sep 25, 2015
raumdeuter:

Case closed. Na how you go sabi person wey know ball

you know it makes me laugh when people talk about boateng and
bring up the messi incident all the time. the fact is....no defender
in the world could have stopped messi in that situation. we should
be asking bayern's DM how he allowed messi to have a 1 v 1 with
a CB. would terry have stopped messi from that range? would rio?
would vidic? would thiago silva?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 7:25pm On Sep 25, 2015
If any of these chances were utilized, this thread wouldn't have been stinking like this.. .

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 7:27pm On Sep 25, 2015
airmark:

I am always sad seeing Dayo making a f00l of himself on this section with senseless points. I don't think he would say all these things physically while among decent and educated soccer analysts. sad

grin

That's the power of faceless forum.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by sinizia: 7:27pm On Sep 25, 2015
timbros:

grin grin grin

Man of the match indeed.

Like I said earlier, I blame all these megedefegede yarns by Dayo on the sitters Higuain the fool and others missed; if they had scored just ONE, these Boateng BS wouldn't have come up.

Only Boateng can beast a match and the opponent are missing sitters. gringrin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 7:28pm On Sep 25, 2015
timbros:
If any of these chances were utilized, this thread wouldn't have been stinking like this.. .

Thank you so much bro. I had told him in the past too, I even showed him video. he thought FIFA technical group are stvpid for not giving him man of the match. They study matches closely and technically. cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 7:28pm On Sep 25, 2015
coogar:

you know it makes me laugh when people talk about boateng and
bring up the messi incident all the time. the fact is....no defender
in the world could have stopped messi in that situation. we should
be asking bayern's DM how he allowed messi to have a 1 v 1 with
a CB. would terry have stopped messi from that range? would rio?
would vidic? would thiago silva?

Thats how they know people who watch football and people who understand

Messi in that situation would have every defender toast. This is Messi the greatest player active.

Its like saying because Torres caught Vidic out he isnt the greatest defender in EPL past 20yrs
I have seen Delvecchio catch Nesta in that same situation in Rome derby
I have seen ROnaldinho, Robben catch several defenders in such scenarios before
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 7:30pm On Sep 25, 2015
timbros:

grin grin grin

Man of the match indeed.

Jérôme Boateng 9

Made a vital clearance after a surging run from Messi and was always quick to snuff out danger. Quick, calm and authoritative, his displays in Brazil have been a revelation and he was man of the match

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jul/13/germany-argentina-brazil-2014-worlds-cup-final-player-ratings

BOateng 9
Got better as the match progressed. Made a number of important tackles and clearances after initially being troubled by the pace of the Argentine counter-attacks. The Bayern centre-back was dominant and was Germany's star performer. Man of the match.
Rio Ferdinand's view: "Boateng was immense today."
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28286068

Go and ask Rio ferdinand BBC and Guardian what they saw to give Boateng MOTM
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by sinizia: 7:32pm On Sep 25, 2015
timbros:
I'd have said "thunder fire Higuain" for giving Dayo the impetus to claim that Boateng won Germany the WC, but I was rooting for Germany to win, so I'm glad Higuain fùcked up. cheesy

LOL. You beast final that you were extremely lucky to win? A defender beasted a final that the opponents were missing goals like it's a training? Hahaha. The word "beasting a final has gotten a new meaning". gringrin

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 7:35pm On Sep 25, 2015
sinizia:

I'd have said "thunder fire Higuain" for giving Dayo the impetus to claim that Boateng won Germany the WC, but I was rooting for Germany to win, so I'm glad Higuain fùcked up. cheesy

LOL. You beast final that you were extremely lucky to win? A defender beasted a final that the opponents were missing goals like it's a training? Hahaha. The word beasting a final has gotten a new meaning. gringrin

This is how you beast a final
Molest Messi

Add Aguero to it

SHow me ANY defender who has performed like this in a major final

Without Boateng tell me 2 of those chances above wont have scored or at least one

So how would Germany have made it to extra time?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 7:37pm On Sep 25, 2015
Sinizia, it's annoying how Dayo uses English words recklessly. Beasting, dominating etc. grin I would be wondering, was it not the same game everyone of us watched. Neuer was so exposed at a point he had to come out himself and knock the ball off higuain.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by UniqueGem(m): 7:39pm On Sep 25, 2015
raumdeuter:

What exactly is your point?

List them out
Is it that you can no longer read or you developed comprehension problem, which is your case?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by sinizia: 7:41pm On Sep 25, 2015
raumdeuter:

Molest Messi

Add Aguero to it

Without Boateng tell me 2 of those chances above wont have scored or at least one

So how would Germany have made it to extra time?

Without the group stages where the likes of Kroos, Hummels and Muller were saving Germany how would Germany reach the final? Or was Germany automatically placed in the final?

Without all those misses will you be here typing that Boateng beasted the finals?

He's were non-existent in group stages and played better in the finals and won Germany the cup? You got jokes.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 7:41pm On Sep 25, 2015
raumdeuter:

Thats how they know people who watch football and people who understand

Messi in that situation would have every defender toast. This is Messi the greatest player active.

Its like saying because Torres caught Vidic out he isnt the greatest defender in EPL past 20yrs
I have seen Delvecchio catch Nesta in that same situation in Rome derby
I have seen ROnaldinho, Robben catch several defenders in such scenarios before

i saw yakubu(middlesboro) completely destroy john terry in 2005/6.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by sinizia: 7:44pm On Sep 25, 2015
airmark:
Sinizia, it's annoying how Dayo uses English words recklessly. Beasting, dominating etc. grin I would be wondering, was it not the same game everyone of us watched. Neuer was so exposed at a point he had to come out himself and knock the ball off higuain.

You dey mind am? Rating Boateng over iron-clad Terry because he "beasted" a WC final and yet he can't show me where Boateng has ever won POTY or conceded 15 goals for an entire season. Joker!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by sinizia: 7:45pm On Sep 25, 2015
UniqueGem:
Is it that you can no longer read or you developed comprehension problem, which is your case?

He's a master of post-shifting. gringrin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 7:51pm On Sep 25, 2015
Posts on Nairaland during the world cup final for those who didnt watch

None of the posters was a Bayern fan

chic2pimp:
Anyone that calls the names Boateng and Luiz in the same sentence ever again will have me to answer to.

Dhelake:
Boateng And Neuer Deserves Two Medals Each

This is too cagey!

Boateng is just out of this world, MOTM performance from the ninja!

Go Die Maanschaft, we can do it!

chic2pimp:
MOTM......BOATENG AND BOSSTIAN!

Katsumoto:
Boateng is no passenger and he certainly was one of the best players at the WC.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 7:56pm On Sep 25, 2015
sinizia:

Without the group stages where the likes of Kroos, Hummels and Muller were saving Germany how would Germany reach the final? Or was Germany automatically placed in the final?

Without all those misses will you be here typing that Boateng beasted the finals?

He's were non-existent in group stages and played better in the finals and won Germany the cup? You got jokes.

Without Boateng in the final Germany would never be champions!!

He was the only central defender who started all games for Germany in the world cup
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 7:57pm On Sep 25, 2015
coogar:

i saw yakubu(middlesboro) completely destroy john terry in 2005/6.

That was steady. He was Yakubus main squeeze until Van persie took over

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by sinizia: 8:05pm On Sep 25, 2015
raumdeuter:

Without Boateng in the final Germany would never be champions!!

He was the only central defender who started all games for Germany in the world cup

So Boateng's surname is Gotze the goal scorer?

And Germany didn't play in group stage, round of 16, quarter-final, semi-final BEFORE the FINAL?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 8:10pm On Sep 25, 2015
sinizia:

So Boateng's surname is Gotze the goal scorer?

And Germany didn't play in group stage, round of 16, quarter-final, semi-final BEFORE the FINAL?

Boateng was the only Central defender who started all those games and contributed to Germany getting the final. Playing Right Back and central defence until the final when he now laid the marker

If Boateng hadnt prevented the goals would Gotze even be therein extra time to score?

Question is show us ANY major Final Terry has dominated like that in his whole career

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by sinizia: 8:24pm On Sep 25, 2015
raumdeuter:

Boateng was the only Central defender who started all those games and contributed to Germany getting the final. Playing Right Back and central defence until the final when he now laid the marker

If Boateng hadnt prevented the goals would Gotze even be therein extra time to score?

Question is show us ANY major Final Terry has dominated like that in his whole career

Did I say he didn't contribute to getting on the final? All that played for Germany did even Schurrle , not only Boateng, I'm saying he had NO major contribution!! Question is, how do a defender beast a match the opponents were missing sitters like it's a training?

Which goals did he prevent? Or you can't see Timbros' pics of Argentina's misses? If Goetze didn't score would Germany have won?

Questions are, show me anytime Boa Constrictor won POTY and conceded a mere 15 goal all season.

Also going by your analogy, Boateng is better than Sergio Ramos who didn't beast the finals he played in? grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by JigsawKillah(m): 8:26pm On Sep 25, 2015
Why is Dayo so desperate to make our thread's pages equal Manure's?

Oga, your thread is about 1000pages behind Manure's, take it there, please!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 8:37pm On Sep 25, 2015
raumdeuter:

Molest Messi

Add Aguero to it

I'm not impressed with any of these last ditch challenges. This is the worst thing you can show me to prove a defender played well.

These are all challenges brought about by poor positioning and poor organization.

See that one where Schweinsteiger is escorting the man down the line into a cul de sac. He has nowhere to go. The last thing I would expect is anyone to make a reckless slide tackle in that position. Like why in the fork would you go to ground to win the ball here. That's the kind of challenge I expect from Taribo West or Saliou Lassisi, not from a cultured defender.

These gifs are examples of the poor positioning that made Boateng chop 5 goals and other cricket scores against Madrid and Barca.

When a good defender is playing, I don't expect to see highlights. Highlights are the preserve of poor defenders making saving challenges because they are poorly positioned or cannot organise their defence to prevent leakages.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1360) (1361) (1362) (1363) (1364) (1365) (1366) ... (19404) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Realtord43, andrewbaba44 and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.