Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,773 members, 7,862,533 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 06:55 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1445) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10738766 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1442) (1443) (1444) (1445) (1446) (1447) (1448) ... (19404) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:12pm On Oct 23, 2015
airmark:

grin grin grin grin
Dayo how far? Boatank dressed in suit as he came in for arsenal match to london exuding confidence as sammer's world best defender, i learnt he left in hijab abi na puddah. grin grin grin

Are you trying to tell us youhave no points for this argument again. If you wan talk about Boatank go to our thread I would meet you there

Boatank left London sitting top of his group which is all that matters in group stage
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 3:19pm On Oct 23, 2015
raumdeuter:

Are you trying to tell us youhave no points for this argument again. If you wan talk about Boatank go to our thread I would meet you there

Boatank left London sitting top of his group which is all that matters in group stage

I dont have anything to drag with you, your two representatives have been beaten by epl teams as against all the noise you have been making all this while. burnthisleaguedown is a one-horse yeye league. That has said it all . By december bayern would be crowned the winner and they would now focus on ucl with no distractions from the yeye teams that compete with them.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SIRcumalot: 3:36pm On Oct 23, 2015
raumdeuter:

Let EPL fans leave the big elephants in the room and be chasing the ants

La Liga is taking their best of the best E.g Modric, Bale, Suarez, Ronaldo Fabregas etc. See as Madrid come for Degea like say na dem right

Yet La Liga would send back its second tier players who couldnt make it in their top teams or not good enough to play in their top team like Sanchez, Fabregas, ozil Toure

When would La Liga send you their own Ronaldo, Benzema, Marcelo, Dani Alves Ramos, Messi, Xavi and Iniesta (at their prime)

Watch Madrid take away current EPL best player Hazard next and send them a player who couldnt make it into their team aka Isco and they celebrate him

Yet you wonder why you keep falling behind

Silva,Costa,Aguero,azpicuelta and bellerin(steal for gunners fans).
Are these not fine players too.
The talent drain isn't one side you it swings both ways.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:45pm On Oct 23, 2015
SIRcumalot:

Silva,Costa,Aguero,azpicuelta and bellerin(steal for gunners fans).
Are these not fine players too.
The talent drain isn't one side you it swings both ways.

Regardless of how you try to paint it most of those are second tier talents from La Liga.

And regarding Bellerin, I can guarantee that after Dani Alves retires he would find his way back to Spain if he keeps developing the way he is

They take the absolute best players from EPL

Bale Suarez and Ronaldo were official EPL best players and all under 25. Are these the ones you are comparing to Azpilicueta Costa?

Aguero and Silva re good players but at no time were they the best in Spain.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:46pm On Oct 23, 2015
airmark:

I dont have anything to drag with you, your two representatives have been beaten by epl teams as against all the noise you have been making all this while. burnthisleaguedown is a one-horse yeye league. That has said it all . By december bayern would be crowned the winner and they would now focus on ucl with no distractions from the yeye teams that compete with them.

The Bundesliga is a one man league yet 2 Buli teams are topping their groups, No single EPL team can say that.

This season UEFA ranking Bundesliga is already ahead of you. Keep yelling one man league till you drop to 4th in UEFA ranking
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 3:57pm On Oct 23, 2015
raumdeuter:

Bayern vs Arsenal return leg, what do you think the result will be sir, do u think ur boys have a chance to disgrace Arsenal?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 3:58pm On Oct 23, 2015
raumdeuter:

The Bundesliga is a one man league yet 2 Buli teams are topping their groups, No single EPL team can say that.

Sorry i did nt know the last matches in the group stage have been played. my bad. No wonder arsenal won bayern easily. grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:06pm On Oct 23, 2015
Chelseafan1:

Bayern vs Arsenal return leg, what do you think the result will be sir, do u think ur boys have a chance to disgrace Arsenal?

A lot depends on what happens before that day. Sir

1.Robben needs to come back so he can take over the right and let Muller move centrally behind Lewandoski where he is more potent

2. Martinez needs to come back from Injury and play Central defence so Alaba can go back to his normal position on the left where he and Costa can combine to overload Bellerin and Oxlade

3. Hopefully Pep would have his sense back and not move Lahm to midfield, I thought The Lahm in midfield obssesion would stop since we have Vidal but Peps must just find a way even if it means playing Lewandoski at right back
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:08pm On Oct 23, 2015
airmark:
Sorry i did nt know the last matches in the group stage have been played. my bad. No wonder arsenal won bayern easily. grin grin grin

All teams have played same number of matches and the EPL is already trailing. Arsenal won Bayern and are still 3rd in the table

Thats how EPL teams celebrate meaningless things and leave the main issue which is how to salvage your leagues dwindling fortune
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SIRcumalot: 4:19pm On Oct 23, 2015
raumdeuter:

Regardless of how you try to paint it most of those are second tier talents from La Liga.

And regarding Bellerin, I can guarantee that after Dani Alves retires he would find his way back to Spain if he keeps developing the way he is

They take the absolute best players from EPL

Bale Suarez and Ronaldo were official EPL best players and all under 25. Are these the ones you are comparing to Azpilicueta Costa?

Aguero and Silva re good players but at no time were they the best in Spain.
Second tier because they didn't come from real madrid and barcelona ?
This is equal to saying bale is a 2nd tier talent because he came from spurs.
I'll give you Caesar but Costa was at least a big star.
As long as cr7 and messi still plays at these level its more exciting to see who is in 3rd place behind those two.Costa was at least the 3rd best in his last season in la liga.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:37pm On Oct 23, 2015
SIRcumalot:

As long as cr7 and messi still plays at these level its more exciting to see who is in 3rd place behind those two. Costa was at least the 3rd best in his last season in la liga.

Bale was EPL player of the season. Was any of Aguero Costa or Silva La Liga player of the year? Or would they have been top 3 at the time they left when Xavi, Dinho, Iniesta, Ramos, Casilas dey.

Even players like Deco, Michu, Cazorla Toure wouldnt say they are in the La Liga elite group

The top tier talents in La Liga for the past few years are Cassilas, Ronaldinho, Xavi, Iniesta, Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar, Ramos, and David Villa. These are the players that get mentioned when its Ballon D or time

Those ones rather than leave La Liga they would find a way to either Barca or Madrid. You know Costa and Aguero only scored >20 league goals just one season in their entire La Liga career

Costa just had one good season. actually that was the only season he scored more than 10 league goals. Like if Giroud who has been average for years scored 25goals this season

Some tier 2 stars that went from EPl to La Liga would be people like Song, Hleb, Vermalean, etc. You cant compare these class to Bale, Ronaldo and Suarez or Hazard(should he leave)
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Debroslink: 4:40pm On Oct 23, 2015
SIRcumalot:

As long as cr7 and messi still plays at these level its more exciting to see who is in 3rd place behind those two.Costa was at least the 3rd best in his last season in la liga.

But but but. .. Costa was a 1 season wonder before Chelsea came for him. So he was NOT the 3rd best player in La liga.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Debroslink: 4:45pm On Oct 23, 2015
Bimffo:

You are on a Long thing bro. And You should always wear your LASTMA jacket anytime you wanna comment on issues Like this.

Have You not heard about the new TV deal that will be offered to the EPL next season?
Oh, Dont worry, West Ham is gonna poach Neymar right under y'all noses. grin and it will be like Korean Film.

You berra sell him to United when you have the chance. cheesy

That's Nigerian mentality you are displaying. Even if Stoke or Westham have all the wealth of Europe, they cannot buy class.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 4:56pm On Oct 23, 2015
Bimffo:

Okay. I need a Review then.

I am waiting for your post, bro..

Since 99, there have been 4 EPL clubs to reach the UCL finals. Manyoo, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal.

Of these 4, only 2 have made the quarter finals more than 7 times (Chelsea-8 and Manyoo -10)

Only 1 club has won it twice - Manyoo.

So when you're talking about EPL success in Europe, you're really just speaking about Manyoo's success.

The only logical inference you can draw from UEFA coefficients is the decline of Manchester United...cos performance wise, absolutely nothing has changed.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 4:58pm On Oct 23, 2015
Debroslink:

That's Nigerian mentality you are displaying. Even if Stoke or Westham have all the wealth of Europe, they cannot buy class.

That's what they said about City. Now the squad is littered with World Cup winners, finalists, African Champions etc. If not for FFP, City would probably have signed Messi or Ronaldo a long time ago....

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 5:09pm On Oct 23, 2015
CorneliusSulla8

Didn't realise we had scholars of the empire on this board...

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 5:10pm On Oct 23, 2015
Nihilist:

Since 99, there have been 4 EPL clubs to reach the UCL finals. Manyoo, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal.

Of these 4, only 2 have made the quarter finals more than 7 times (Chelsea-8 and Manyoo -10)

Only 1 club has won it twice - Manyoo.

So when you're talking about EPL success in Europe, you're really just speaking about Manyoo's success.

The only logical inference you can draw from UEFA coefficients is the decline of Manchester United...cos performance wise, absolutely nothing has changed.

You are right but not completely.

As at 2010, In the UEFA club coefficient

Man Utd was 1st, Chelsea 3rd, Liverpool 5th Arsenal 6th, Barca 2nd, Madrid 7th, Atletico 23rd, Bayern 4th, Dortmund 86th

Today Chelsea is 4th, Arsenal is 9th City is 18th and Man Utd is 20th, Madrid 1st, Barca 3rd, Bayern 2nd Atletico 5th Dortmund 10th, Liverpool 54th

This shows that aside the decline in man Utd from 1st to 20th, All the others too have declined to varying degree and City isnt replacing Liverpool well enough

In that same time check the corresponding teams from other leagues and how they have made relative imporvement from where they were 5yrs ago

Summary Everyone from EPL except Chelsea declined, Everyone(I mean every top team) from other leagues except Barca improved (barca remained virtually the same)

You are free to criticize my point
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SIRcumalot: 5:11pm On Oct 23, 2015
raumdeuter:

Bale was EPL player of the season. Was any of Aguero Costa or Silva La Liga player of the year? Or would they have been top 3 at the time they left when Xavi, Dinho, Iniesta, Ramos, Casilas dey.

Even players like Deco, Michu, Cazorla Toure wouldnt say they are in the La Liga elite group

The top tier talents in La Liga for the past few years are Cassilas, Ronaldinho, Xavi, Iniesta, Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar, Ramos, and David Villa. These are the players that get mentioned when its Ballon D or time

Those ones rather than leave La Liga they would find a way to either Barca or Madrid. You know Costa and Aguero only scored >20 league goals just one season in their entire La Liga career

Costa just had one good season. actually that was the only season he scored more than 10 league goals. Like if Giroud who has been average for years scored 25goals this season

Some tier 2 stars that went from EPl to La Liga would be people like Song, Hleb, Vermalean, etc. You cant compare these class to Bale, Ronaldo and Suarez or Hazard(should he leave)

So I checked wikipedia costa came in 2nd in voting for best player behind Cr7

Aguero came in 2nd once too.

You can see that all the players you mentioned above though world class all played for the top 2 teams or at least later joined any of the big two this makes it look like no other World class player exist outside the big 2 spain which isn't true.

I never mentioned deco,or those ninjas you did.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 5:21pm On Oct 23, 2015
raumdeuter:

You are right but not completely.

As at 2010, In the UEFA club coefficient

Man Utd was 1st, Chelsea 3rd, Liverpool 5th Arsenal 6th, Barca 2nd, Madrid 7th, Atletico 23rd, Bayern 4th, Dortmund 86th

Today Chelsea is 4th, Arsenal is 9th City is 18th and Man Utd is 20th, Madrid 1st, Barca 3rd, Bayern 2nd Atletico 5th Dortmund 10th, Liverpool 54th

This shows that aside the decline in man Utd from 1st to 20th, All the others too have declined to varying degree and City isnt replacing Liverpool well enough

In that same time check the corresponding teams from other leagues and how they have made relative imporvement from where they were 5yrs ago

Summary Everyone from EPL except Chelsea declined, Everyone(I mean every top team) from other leagues except Barca improved (barca remained virtually the same)

You are free to criticize my point

Isn't there like a 3 year lag for the coefficients to catchup to reality?

'Pool last made quarter finals in 2008, so in my opinion the coeffiecients actually flatter them. The reason why I dont think Pool declined is because I believe that their European success between 05/06 and 08/09 was an anomaly that could be tied almost exclusively to one or two fanstatic players in the form of their lives and a tactically astute(at the time) manager. I think even ther UCL win was very fortuitous but thats a different story.

Arsenal have consistently been inconsistent - exemplified by crashing out in the round of 16 the year after the reached the final, and their current EPL campaign. So I don't they declined either.

The only team to have dropped so drastically is Manyoo. Everyone else has remained the same. I agree that Maybe if City had stepped up to take Manyoo or Pools place, this discussion might not being happening though...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 5:35pm On Oct 23, 2015
raumdeuter:

All teams have played same number of matches and the EPL is already trailing. Arsenal won Bayern and are still 3rd in the table

Teams would still qualify with last matches of the group, so what trash are you saying? All the 4 epl teams have chances of qualifying, while your mochegladyansh is not better than ashana astana fc rooted to the bottom of the table like almajiris.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 5:35pm On Oct 23, 2015
SIRcumalot:

So I checked wikipedia costa came in 2nd in voting for best player behind Cr7

Aguero came in 2nd once too.

You can see that all the players you mentioned above though world class all played for the top 2 teams or at least later joined any of the big two this makes it look like no other World class player exist outside the big 2 spain which isn't true.

I never mentioned deco,or those ninjas you did.

Surely there might be some one off performance e.g if Welbeck has a great season now it wouldnt make him one of the elite players of the EPL

As at 2014 when Costa left I would still consider Messi(despite the poor season) the top 2 player in La Liga

World class exist outside of the big 2, bt those big 2 find a way of poaching them e.g Ramos, Alvez, Alba, Rakitic were all poached
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 5:37pm On Oct 23, 2015
airmark:

Teams would still qualify with last matches of the group, so what trash are you saying? All the 4 epl teams have chances of qualifying, while your mochegladyansh is not better than ashana astana fc rooted to the bottom of the table like almajiris.

Arsenal is still rooted to the bottom of the table, while Chelsea and manure are battling with 3rd place

Mochengladbach still has a chance to qualify and there is a reason why Buli is already leading the EPL in UEFA coefficients for this season alone
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 5:39pm On Oct 23, 2015
raumdeuter:

Arsenal is still rooted to the bottom of the table, while Chelsea and manure are battling with 3rd place

I dont want to believe you still want to lie to us. I think the arsenal loss has caused alot of damage to your cornea. grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 5:48pm On Oct 23, 2015
Nihilist:

Isn't there like a 3 year lag for the coefficients to catchup to reality?

'Pool last made quarter finals in 2008, so in my opinion the coeffiecients actually flatter them. The reason why I dont think Pool declined is because I believe that their European success between 05/06 and 08/09 was an anomaly that could be tied almost exclusively to one or two fanstatic players in the form of their lives and a tactically astute(at the time) manager. I think even ther UCL win was very fortuitous but thats a different story.

Arsenal have consistently been inconsistent - exemplified by crashing out in the round of 16 the year after the reached the final, and their current EPL campaign. So I don't they declined either.

The only team to have dropped so drastically is Manyoo. Everyone else has remained the same. I agree that Maybe if City had stepped up to take Manyoo or Pools place, this discussion might not being happening though...

Liverpool crashed out to Chelsea in 2009 CL. Regardless of your opinion about how Liverpool got there, you cant take away the fact that they Pool declined. Between 05 and 09 they won 1, Lost 1 final, lost a semi and others made knockouts. That is as consistent as Man Utd even in their finest 5yr period. The same reason you want to use to excuse Liverpools 05-10 form can be used for man utd or for Chelsea or for any football team sef even bayern, Madrid and Barca

Arsenal pre 2010 made a final, made a semi and several quarters In the recent 5 yrs Arsenal has crashed out of second round almost every single season. So moving from runner up, semi finalists and quarter finalists to perenial second rounders is surely a decline. Even in the past 5yrs I dont think they've even topped their group most of the time

Also you cant ignore the fact that other teams from other leagues have grown, caught up and overtaken the PL sides. Atletico, Dortmund madrid
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 5:49pm On Oct 23, 2015
airmark:

I dont want to believe you still want to lie to us. I think the arsenal loss has caused alot of damage to your cornea. grin grin grin

Oh. Arsenal are joint bottom with Zagreb? Is that an improvement?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 6:14pm On Oct 23, 2015
raumdeuter:

Oh. Arsenal are joint bottom with Zagreb? Is that an improvement?

Keep bringing new arguments when caught dishing wrong info to garnish your arguments. You are pathetic. You wont see me being mischievous saying olympiakos is joint number 1 on the table, since having same point with bayern. I am not irresponsible.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 6:15pm On Oct 23, 2015
Debroslink:

Stories! Without money, Stoke bought Shakiri, Payer left Lille. Di Maria Left Madrid! Pedro left Barca. Tell us another thing called "Class" please.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Debroslink: 6:50pm On Oct 23, 2015
Bimffo:

Stories! Without money, Stoke bought Shakiri, Payer left Lille. Di Maria Left Madrid! Pedro left Barca. Tell us another thing called "Class" please.

Poor analysis my Bro.

Save Di Maria; Shakiri, Pedro and Payer are not classy. We are talking about movers and icons of their clubs such as Rakitic (winner of Europa league best player 2014) going to Barcelona, Vidal to Bayern, Arda Turan, Suarez, etc

Too much money flowing in EPL would make players like Rooney, who is not as good as Aduriz of Bilbao be earning more than Ronaldo. And Sterling who is not better than Oliver Torres be worth 40m pounds.

The classy players know the clubs to join when they come calling.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 7:09pm On Oct 23, 2015
Debroslink:

Poor analysis my Bro.

Save Di Maria; Shakiri, Pedro and Payer are not classy. We are talking about movers and icons of their clubs such as Rakitic (winner of Europa league best player 2014) going to Barcelona, Vidal to Bayern, Arda Turan, Suarez, etc

Too much money flowing in EPL would make players like Rooney, who is not as good as Aduriz of Bilbao be earning more than Ronaldo. And Sterling who is not better than Oliver Torres be worth 40m pounds.

can you please explain how Adruriz is better than Rooney?

Because I don't understand that statement at all.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SIRcumalot: 7:31pm On Oct 23, 2015
Debroslink:

Poor analysis my Bro.

Otamendi cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Debroslink: 7:55pm On Oct 23, 2015
Nihilist:

can you please explain how Adruriz is better than Rooney?

Because I don't understand that statement at all.

This is not even a debate. Aduriz has been heads and shoulders better than Rooney in the past 2 seasons or so.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 8:09pm On Oct 23, 2015
Debroslink:

This is not even a debate. Aduriz has been heads and shoulders better than Rooney in the past 2 seasons or so.

I dont exactly get your point. You're talking about movers and shakers and then saying Aduriz is better than Rooney.

My head hurts trying to understand your argument.

What has Aduriz won in his life? What has Rakitic achieved in his life? Vidal? Arda Turan?

Are you genuinely trying to compare a Wayne Rooney who is now in decline after winning almost everything there is to win at club level, to an Aduriz who is a football nobody?

My head hurts.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1442) (1443) (1444) (1445) (1446) (1447) (1448) ... (19404) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ucsquare(m), BlueMann, SirAce, Agadinaagwuofe, toluxe0075, zeusis(m), youngZee23, odizeey(m), lordfalcao(m), chidekings(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.