Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,949 members, 7,863,362 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 04:19 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (16643) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10743305 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16640) (16641) (16642) (16643) (16644) (16645) (16646) ... (19413) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 1:07pm On Dec 21, 2022
The Soviet Union team that played 1958 World Cup was mainly made up of the players that won 1956 Olympic Games (2 yrs before) and the 1960 Euros (2yrs after).

This public service announcement is for indomie generation and TikTok generation. grin

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by forgiveness: 1:09pm On Dec 21, 2022
A40:
Imagine thinking Pele won't dominate this era as well.

I don't want to get into these GOAT arguments anymore. They are forever subjective

If you say it's Messi. Fine

If you say it's Pele. Fine

If you say it's Ronaldo. Fine

Not fine to say Messi is goat of goats. cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 1:12pm On Dec 21, 2022
TLona1:

I'm pretty sure you'd find it offensive if a players like Gavi says Bundesliga is less competitive.
I won't do this sha. You people holla Burndisleague down everyday on this thread. I didn't hang effigy of anybody when we wiped you 8-2

https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/1605263919907479568?t=9B4oom7QkWMyNsD0gDWSzw&s=19
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 1:14pm On Dec 21, 2022
A40:

I don't want to get into these GOAT arguments anymore. They are forever subjective

Which Ronaldo? You mean De Lima Ronaldo because cr7 didn’t kill it for national team at international competition, he didn’t win best player in any international tournament for Portugal.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 1:18pm On Dec 21, 2022
hensben:
Which Ronaldo? You mean De Lima Ronaldo because cr7 didn’t kill it for national team at international competition, he didn’t win best player at any international tournament for Portugal.
CR7 is why you even have expectations of Portugal performing at international competitions in the first place

From 1930 to 2002 Portugal only made 3 World Cups. 3! Let that sink in
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Afobear: 1:23pm On Dec 21, 2022
Press their oesophagus, if e no gree press , break am throway

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by TLona1: 1:23pm On Dec 21, 2022
A40:
I won't do this sha. You people holla Burndisleague down everyday on this thread. I didn't hang effigy of anybody when we wiped you 8-2

https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/1605263919907479568?t=9B4oom7QkWMyNsD0gDWSzw&s=19

No dey shift goalpost.

We all know you'll find it offensive if any professional player disrespects the Bundesliga.

Anyone would.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ebukacute(m): 1:25pm On Dec 21, 2022
lordfalcao:
jorgiboy..

Ever present as a starter in club and country , not like some that was carried from the bench and stands..

Nwa mmanu, atana afufu nwa eze.. ya gazie.

Udo!
A big menwulu Ife!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 1:30pm On Dec 21, 2022
TLona1:

In 1958, Brazil had to face Soviet Union and Austria in the group stage.

In 1962, Czech Republic and Mexico

In 1970, Romania and Czech Republic.

How are these countries different from the modern day Poland, Iran, Mexico, Bosinia and co?

Abeg abeg cheesy

I don't like discussing nonsense with ignorant people

You have already shown enough ignorance for one day

Czech Republic reached the final in 1962

Soviet Union knocked out England in Group stage in 1958, beating them 2-0, why didn't you mention that. They were Olympic Champions and Euro Champions. So you have Brazil, England, Soviet Union and Austria in the group.

All you need to know is these were the top 16 teams that came through qualifying. If anybody is better than them, they would have qualified ahead of them. They are nothing like Iran, Bosnia and Nigeria.

We will not go into history lesson to satisfy your ignorance.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 1:31pm On Dec 21, 2022
oliverano:

grin grin grin

He said it...but watch out in the future!

I’ve always wished he didn’t win it so that it’ll be easier to troll him. I no dey do rubbish trolling, there’s always truth in the trolling wey go pain, that’s why I didn’t want Messi to win World Cup make trolling him no come hard.

But then, e don be, make una enjoy the moment, after these few days, you bums will know that agendas to troll Messi still choke, properly stacked so long as I’m not a core Ronaldo fan. grin cheesy grin grin

No player is above trolling here.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Expert17: 1:32pm On Dec 21, 2022
TLona1:

In 1958, Brazil had to face Soviet Union and Austria in the group stage.

In 1962, Czech Republic and Mexico

In 1970, Romania and Czech Republic.

How are these countries different from the modern day Poland, Iran, Mexico, Bosinia and co?

Abeg abeg cheesy

You are disturbing yourself walahi cheesy cheesy

Allow this ex-penaldians to cry in peace.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 1:32pm On Dec 21, 2022
Ibime:

I don't like discussing nonsense with ignorant people

You have already shown enough ignorance for one day

Czech Republic reached the final in 1962

Soviet Union knocked out England in Group stage in 1958 beating them 2-0, why didn't you mention that, so you have Brazil, England, Soviet Union and Austria in the group

All you need to know is these were the top 16 teams that came through qualifying. If anybody is better than them, they would have qualified ahead of them. They are nothing like Iran, Bosnia and Nigeria.

We will not go into history lesson to satisfy your ignorance.

Soviet Union that won Euros in 1960 and Olympics in 1956 is what the guy is comparing to Iran. grin

Ignorance in low places. Imagine having to educate someone in order to debate him.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Arizoner: 1:34pm On Dec 21, 2022
afrodoc2:
The Soviet Union team that played 1958 World Cup was mainly made up of the players that won 1956 Olympic Games (2 yrs before) and the 1960 Euros (2yrs after).

This public service announcement is for indomie generation and TikTok generation. grin
coming from a prodigal indomian who went and scooped it from the library

11 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 1:34pm On Dec 21, 2022
afrodoc2:

Soviet Union that won Euros in 1960 and Olympics in 1956 is what the guy is comparing to Iran. grin

Ignorance in low places. Imagine having to educate someone in order to debate him.

The bolded is when debate will turn to insult, and he will be wondering why

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by oliverano: 1:40pm On Dec 21, 2022
donstan18:

I’ve always wished he didn’t win it so that it’ll be easier to troll him. I no dey do rubbish trolling, there’s always truth in the trolling wey go pain, that’s why I didn’t want Messi to win World Cup make trolling him no come hard.

But then, e don be, make una enjoy the moment, after these few days, you bums will know that agendas to troll Messi still choke, properly stacked so long as I’m not a core Ronaldo fan. grin cheesy grin grin

No player is above trolling here.

LMAO... grin grin grin grin grin Na hia we dey.....

Not when....

1 world cup>>>>>>infinity stones

Gotze>>>>>>Messi

Where is his world cup?

Oya see world cup cool

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by oliverano: 1:43pm On Dec 21, 2022
Arizoner:
coming from a prodigal indomian who went and scooped it from the library

grin grin grin grin grin

Choi....

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 1:45pm On Dec 21, 2022
oliverano:

LMAO... grin grin grin grin grin Na hia we dey.....

Not when....

1 world cup>>>>>>infinity stones

Gotze>>>>>>Messi

Where is his world cup?

Oya see world cup cool

A time will come when you won’t even bring World Cup again to defend Messi because it’ll become boring then. grin grin cheesy

Just enjoy the moment.

If Boateng can be trolled despite winning everything Maldini couldn’t even win, then Messi who was saved and carried by Aston Villa keeper can be trolled.

Just enjoy the moment, we dey come. grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Arizoner: 1:47pm On Dec 21, 2022
A40:

thank you very much. Instead of calling sb the GOAT, i rather call him GIHT (greatest in his time)

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Expert17: 1:47pm On Dec 21, 2022
GOAT doings cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by oliverano: 1:50pm On Dec 21, 2022
donstan18:

A time will come when you won’t even bring World Cup again to defend Messi because it’ll become boring then. grin grin cheesy

Just enjoy the moment.

If Boateng can be trolled despite winning everything Maldini couldn’t even win, then Messi who was saved and carried by Aston Villa keeper can be trolled.

We dey wait oooo

Not when.....

1 world cup>>>>>>>Infinity stones

Gotze>>>>>Messi

Why do you think Boateng is >>>>>John Terry, VVD, Ferdinand, Vidic, Carvalho.

Na this infinity stone something cause am oo

Where is his world cup?

Oya see world cup cool

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by forgiveness: 2:00pm On Dec 21, 2022
TLona1:
Ibime, forgiveness and Bimffo so World cup 1958 and 1962 had just 16 participating countries?? Lmao.

Just shows how less the competition was then compared to now.

Another Reason Messi is the GOAT.

You are only grasping at straws.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 2:00pm On Dec 21, 2022
A40:
CR7 is why you even have expectations of Portugal performing at international competitions in the first place

From 1930 to 2002 Portugal only made 3 World Cups. 3! Let that sink in
Modric led Croatia to wc final and semi final. Let that sink and no room for such excuse.

8 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 2:06pm On Dec 21, 2022
donstan18:

Just enjoy the moment.

Messi carried yet was the best player of the tournament. Pele wasn’t even the best player in two wc he won, he was carried.

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 2:07pm On Dec 21, 2022
Expert17:
GOAT doings cheesy

Lol they have nothing on Messi. They should let it go while we continue to fist.

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 2:08pm On Dec 21, 2022
hensben:
Messi carried yet was the best player of the tournament. Pele wasn’t even the best player in two wc he won, he was carried.
What’s my business with Pele?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 2:09pm On Dec 21, 2022
donstan18:

What’s my business with Pele?

Then who are you trolling Messi against. grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 2:09pm On Dec 21, 2022
Ibime:

They play Group stage, then straight to QF

No 2nd round

Of course the less teams in a World Cup, the stiffer the opposition

Or you mean to tell me it will be more difficult to perform when FIFA expand to 48 teams and start giving people like New Zealand automatic entry from Australasia, probably 7 teams from Africa and Asia, reducing the quality of opponents

The less teams in the world cup the less hurdles to cross to win.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 2:11pm On Dec 21, 2022
See as Messi debate Dey sweet me. grin. Messi you do this one. cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 2:12pm On Dec 21, 2022
Ibime no relevant person or organization puts Pele above Messi

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 2:14pm On Dec 21, 2022
Ibime:

Did he beat them in 90 mins or with help of penaltying Goalkeeper

If he faced them in Group stage instead of Poland and Mexico, he will be out with 2 points from Group stage

Yes that is because there is also no golden goal in this era. Golden goal would have won messi the world cup earlier in the finals.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by oliverano: 2:16pm On Dec 21, 2022
kokaneprodigy:
Ibime no relevant person or organization puts Pele above Messi

He's now with all the stones cool

grin grin grin grin grin grin

1World Cup>>>>>>>Infinity Stones!

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 2:19pm On Dec 21, 2022
popizaino:

Yes that is because there is also no golden goal in this era. Golden goal would have won messi the world cup earlier in the finals.

What are you talking about?

What's golden goal got to do with 90 min group stage football. If France and Holland were in Argentina group, Argentina would have gone out in group stage after losing to Saudi, simple

FYI, Golden goal rule only lasted from 1996 to 2000. I watched football before Golden goal rule.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (16640) (16641) (16642) (16643) (16644) (16645) (16646) ... (19413) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Bluelines69, fredoooooo, Ihebu4chelsea(m), AbokiWam, SirAce, stulp16, iamoyindamola(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.