Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,454 members, 7,843,386 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (16768) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10654787 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16765) (16766) (16767) (16768) (16769) (16770) (16771) ... (19311) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Expert17: 2:01pm On Jan 05, 2023
Jodera:
I see nobody is talking about Mbappe 2nd goal. Imagine with all the time and space to control that ball for a one on one instead he went for a volleyed placement shot. Imagine Martinez makes the save, we'll start reading how he doesn't have sense. But since he scored, he's world best.

I Still maintain it. The only thing Muani is not a hero now is because Martinez made that save and not because he made a wrong decision

100%

Chipping the ball would reduce the speed and it might be cleared by the defenders running back at full speed.

The other option was passing to Mbappe.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 2:01pm On Jan 05, 2023
Jodera:
Were you critical of Van Persie like this when he makes all those volleys during this scenario?

Show the gif of Van Persie's.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Joezinho: 2:02pm On Jan 05, 2023
airmark:

Martinez must have silently called him a fool, after that save. It was a big gift from god of soccer.

Hahahah. Muani wasn't even at full speed, he slowed down while waiting for the ball to come down after bouncing. The ball bounced and he had couple of seconds to chip it over Martinez. He decided to use all the power in the world.
PowerRangers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLiIuve5kMw

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblem2: 2:04pm On Jan 05, 2023
Chelsea will abandon traditional scouting i.e watching players live ,and will be more data driven.

@Theguardian
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblem2: 2:04pm On Jan 05, 2023
Chelsea will abandon traditional scouting i.e watching players live ,and will be more data driven.

@theguardian
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Joezinho: 2:07pm On Jan 05, 2023
Jodera:
You don even call pass to Mbappe as another option? Lol... Na so

Yes. He should have passed to him.

https://youtube.com/shorts/Myw97zkholM?feature=share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblem2: 2:10pm On Jan 05, 2023
Thomas Tuchel didn’t recognise Denis Zakaria on first meeting after board made late signing
Originally posted on Chelsea News | Last updated 1/5/23
Matt Law of The Telegraph has been away on holiday for a bit, but he’s returned today with a banger.
It’s all about Chelsea’s transfer business so far, and it starts with an eye opening anecdote.
Law claims that when Thomas Tuchel was introduced to Denis Zakaria after the midfielder’s deadline day move, the erstwhile Chelsea boss didn’t recognise him for a moment.
He was able to recall the Swiss international’s name before things got too embarrassing, but it’s used to illustrate the chaos of the summer. Tuchel had been heavily involved in recruiting players like Raheem Sterling, but when it came down to buying the central midfielder that the squad has been crying out for for years – the German coach wasn’t involved at all.
So unaware was he of the moves being made that Zakaria doesn’t seem to have been on his radar until the two met.
Let’s hope things have become a little more
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 2:11pm On Jan 05, 2023
airmark:

Ayew's was even more difficult to execute, as the ball was on the turf. Muani has no excuse not to chip the ball already off the ground.

Just fear God.

That's all i will advice you.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MorataFC: 2:13pm On Jan 05, 2023
Joezinho:

All he needed to do was chip, flick or pass to mbappe .. There's no defenders around to clear it off the line, goalie is 9 yards out.
Why is it difficult for you guys to praise the keeper?
I can only blame him for the bolded, aside that he played the ball well, keeper deserved all the praise.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 2:14pm On Jan 05, 2023
Joezinho:

Hahahah. Muani wasn't even at full speed, he slowed down while waiting for the ball to come down after bouncing. The ball bounced and he had couple of seconds to chip it over Martinez. He decided to use all the power in the world.
PowerRangers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLiIuve5kMw

Jodera even claimed that the ball didn't bounce. grin

Muani would be stupid, to fire shot if the exact opportunity presents itself in future. He must have learnt from it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 2:17pm On Jan 05, 2023
popizaino:

Just fear God.

That's all i will advice you.

It's obvious you never played football as a forwarder. It's easier to chip a ball on air, than the one on the ground. If you defend him by saying his head was full, good. You don't tell me he took the best decision.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Joezinho: 2:19pm On Jan 05, 2023
airmark:

Jodera even claimed that the ball didn't bounce. grin

Muani would be stupid, to fire shot if the exact opportunity presents itself in future. He must have learnt from it.

The ball bounced, Muani even had a second or two before firing the shot.

See how gutted mbappe was when he missed it. He was like, “pass the ball”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pimvdy3skFo
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MorataFC: 2:23pm On Jan 05, 2023
airmark:

It's obvious you never played football as a forwarder. It's easier to chip a ball on air, than the one on the ground. If you defend him by saying his head was full, good. You don't tell me he took the best decision.
Muani was on full speed, if he tries to chip the ball, I bet you the ball will be over the bar.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Itsrm(m): 2:24pm On Jan 05, 2023
Joezinho:

All he needed to do was chip, flick or pass to mbappe.. There's no defenders around to clear it off the line, goalie is 9 yards out.

The pass to Mbappe made more sense. Except he pulls up an Aboubakar, the chip is too risky. With how close the keeper was to him, I doubt he can get enough power on the chip to get it in without someone clearing it off the line

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 2:25pm On Jan 05, 2023
Joezinho:

The ball bounced, Muani even had a second or two before firing the shot.

See how gutted mbappe was when he missed it. He was like, “pass the ball”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pimvdy3skFo

Firing a shot against a keeper that had narrowed the post, wasn't even the 2nd best option for him. A pass to Mbappe should have sufficed truly, but probably he was scared of being caught offside.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 2:26pm On Jan 05, 2023
MorataFC:
Muani was on full speed, if he tries to chip the ball, I bet you the ball will be over the bar.

Because he is Muani, right? Same would have been said to many players who scored chipped goals, if they had fired a shot and got saved.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Itsrm(m): 2:27pm On Jan 05, 2023
airmark:

Ayew should have fired a thunderous shot according to Popizaino, Lordfalcao, Jodera, itsrm and Raumdeuter.

You don't need to be a Messi before knowing the best option in that moment. Not a rocket science.

If na like that you dey chip am when you were playing football, maybe we would have been watching you at the world cup cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 2:30pm On Jan 05, 2023
Itsrm:

If na like that you dey chip am when you were playing football, maybe we would have been watching you at the world cup cheesy

This is a stupid post. No offence.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblem2: 2:32pm On Jan 05, 2023
hear from the horses mouth ,Enzo Fernandez deal was going through until we decided to switch mouth, so journalist aren't at fault

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Sportsweb: 2:33pm On Jan 05, 2023
Joezinho:

All he needed to do was chip, flick or pass to mbappe.. There's no defenders around to clear it off the line, goalie is 9 yards out.
Messi de use this kind opportunity chop food. Sweet chip

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Expert17: 2:39pm On Jan 05, 2023
airmark:

Firing a shot against a keeper that had narrowed the post, wasn't even the 2nd best option for him. A pass to Mbappe should have sufficed truly, but probably he was scared of being caught offside.

Against a keeper? Or the keeper got down quickly and made the block?

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamoyindamola(m): 2:39pm On Jan 05, 2023
Jodera:
Were you critical of Van Persie like this when he makes all those volleys during this scenario?
Different scenario, martinez is out of line chip the guy and france will celebrate
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Itsrm(m): 2:41pm On Jan 05, 2023
airmark:

This is a stupid post. No offence.

No it's not. You are asking him to execute a very difficult skill at the dying minutes of a world cup final.

If you had the ability to execute it yourself, maybe you would have been playing in the world cup cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Itsrm(m): 2:44pm On Jan 05, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Different scenario, martinez is out of line chip the guy and france will celebrate

The closer the keeper is, the more difficult the chip will be.

Martinez was quite close to him already. Getting a goal from a chip will require something as brilliant as Aboubakars.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Expert17: 2:45pm On Jan 05, 2023
Itsrm:

The pass to Mbappe made more sense. Except he pulls up an Aboubakar, the chip is too risky. With how close the keeper was to him, I doubt he can get enough power on the chip to get it in without someone clearing it off the line

Very risky.

Otamendi was close to Muani, he will likely make the clearance.

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Itsrm(m): 2:48pm On Jan 05, 2023
Expert17:

Very risky.

I don't know why Agenda will not make people see the obvious.

The wisest thing to do was to pass to Mbappe. Next was the one time volley. If to say na Mendy dey post and the guy scored, you would have been hearing how brilliant the volley was.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by amo123: 2:54pm On Jan 05, 2023
na wa o, no tactical analysis against mancity, na muani miss were analyzing, abegi forget muani and focus our energy on mancity this evening, the tactical,individual battles. is it 343 or 4231 formation for potter?. azpilicueta for right means city kill us with foden and cancelo, so who negates them in the right? for me play (4231) chalobah and hutchinson in right flanks, this provides pace,defence, and directness to the counter, pushes cancelo back and relieves pressure. in central defence haaland fit kill us, so Silva as usual, just confirmed we've signed badiashile, that means koulibaly should be benched, or subbed if he do nonsense at halftime. for left flank to be honest, I'll play vale and cucu, cucu plays 11, bench sterling, for the the same balance. in midfield, potter doesn't dare start jorginho, city high press is disaster for him, play kovacic,Gallagher double pivot or the swiss guy. control,strenght and marking there. limits debruyne. for attack, no option except aubameyang, if only broja was fit, city play high line pressing game so aubameyang better get his running boots on, any nonsense from him, datro fofana should replace him halftime. for the central midfield role i prefer mount, box to box midfielder, and focus and energetic, bench havertz, with this formation I think, were balanced, won't get hammered and can actually counter. what do you say to this?, don't criticize, instead offer your own tactics suggestion.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Excallibur(m): 2:55pm On Jan 05, 2023
I remember how Courtois comfortably save a whole Messi chip shot for 2014 world cup
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamoyindamola(m): 2:57pm On Jan 05, 2023
Itsrm:

The closer the keeper is, the more difficult the chip will be.

Martinez was quite close to him already. Getting a goal from a chip will require something as brilliant as Aboubakars.
Wrong the closer the keeper, the closer he is on the floor
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamoyindamola(m): 3:01pm On Jan 05, 2023
amo123:
na wa o, no tactical analysis against mancity, na muani miss were analyzing, abegi forget muani and focus our energy on mancity this evening, the tactical,individual battles. is it 343 or 4231 formation for potter?. azpilicueta for right means city kill us with foden and cancelo, so who negates them in the right? for me play (4231) chalobah and hutchinson in right flanks, this provides pace,defence, and directness to the counter, pushes cancelo back and relieves pressure. for left flank to be honest, I'll play vale and cucu, cucu plays 11, bench sterling, for the the same balance. in midfield, potter doesn't dare start jorginho, city high press is disaster for him, play kovacic,Gallagher double pivot or the swiss guy. control,strenght and marking there. limits debruyne. for attack, no option except aubameyang, if only broja was fit, city play high line pressing game so aubameyang better get his running boots on, any nonsense from him, datro fofana should replace him halftime. for the central midfield role i prefer mount, box to box midfielder, and focus and energetic, bench havertz, with this formation I think, were balanced, won't get hammered and can actually counter. what do you say to this?, don't criticize, instead offer your own tactics suggestion.
What is dead can never die
That is the name of your formation grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamoyindamola(m): 3:02pm On Jan 05, 2023
Expert17:

Very risky.

Muani can still move close to martinez as he's already on the floor the chip will be easy to execute then
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblem2: 3:03pm On Jan 05, 2023
chelsea present, Benoit badiashile

(1) (2) (3) ... (16765) (16766) (16767) (16768) (16769) (16770) (16771) ... (19311) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: AirBay, airmark(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.