Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,608 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (17582) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10514261 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17579) (17580) (17581) (17582) (17583) (17584) (17585) ... (19151) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 2:22am On Apr 18, 2023
Ibime:

Tuchel complained that the preseason tour to America was disorganised and did not allow him to build the players fitness. That much was seen in our 4-0 hammering to Arsenal in preseason and the 3-0 loss to Leeds in August

Last time we had such a disjointed preseason tour was 2015/16, the players were clearly unfit and Mourinho tried to fit preseason into 2 weeks

I remember the 15/16 season. Poor preseason, and everything went left.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 2:32am On Apr 18, 2023
nateevs:

You can see time and again, that when we come up against a top team, we were always second best at every metric, especially at everything that had to do with running and reflexes. It points to sub-optimal fitness levels.

I imagine that if Potter told the fitness coaches to relax the fitness intensity, then they wouldn't defy.

As a team hoping to win the league when the season starts, we should not be at the bottom of the league in any meaningful metric. Not especially the yards put in by every participant. We should be out-running every team from 4th downwards......but it seems we are not even close.

It could also be the reason why our top players are picking up injuries left right and centre when they get into duels. See CSO pulling a hammy the other day because he dared to run for 40 yards at full speed.

Something is fundamentally wrong.
Yep @ bolded. This has always been my stance.

What I fail to understand is this - even if a coach tells the fitness manager to relax the intensity, there is still the minimum required of every player and unless they are not even doing the minimum then problem is even bigger. Besides, Boli hired all sorts of coaches to boost the overall performance of the team. What happened to that?

The other question is this - Is Brighton now a top team? They outplayed us in every single department and not just on fitness level, they played some orgasmic purposeful football.

If this is a fitness related issue, then there is no hope against Real Madrid.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by zeusis(m): 5:06am On Apr 18, 2023
kingBolton:

Season boehly single handedly destroyed himself. Sacked a coach you just gave millions to spend and hired a coach that has never managed any big club in his entire career.
And waited till gw 30 to sack the coach

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 5:20am On Apr 18, 2023
kingBolton:

Season boehly single handedly destroyed himself. Sacked a coach you just gave millions to spend and hired a coach that has never managed any big club in his entire career.
true talk.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Amoto94(m): 7:39am On Apr 18, 2023
FBS, kingbolton, nateevs and popizaino

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qap1nCYolg
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Amoto94(m): 7:49am On Apr 18, 2023
According to The Times, Todd Boehly asked the Chelsea players [after losing to Brighton] why they were not performing to the standard their transfer fees and reputations suggested they should be capable of.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Amoto94(m): 8:02am On Apr 18, 2023
Thibaut Courtois: “Honestly, I don’t understand how Chelsea are failing in the Premier League. They have players of a world level who are able to achieve success — although I hope the bad run continues on Tuesday. Chelsea maybe in crisis but they are always a difficult rival."
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 8:08am On Apr 18, 2023
FBS, was there hope before to beat Madrid?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MorataFC: 8:47am On Apr 18, 2023
Amoto94:
Thibaut Courtois: “Honestly, I don’t understand how Chelsea are failing in the Premier League. They have players of a world level who are able to achieve success — although I hope the bad run continues on Tuesday. Chelsea maybe in crisis but they are always a difficult rival."
Hmmm

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dostr4(m): 8:51am On Apr 18, 2023
FBS:

Yep @ bolded. This has always been my stance.

What I fail to understand is this - even if a coach tells the fitness manager to relax the intensity, there is still the minimum required of every player and unless they are not even doing the minimum then problem is even bigger. Besides, Boli hired all sorts of coaches to boost the overall performance of the team. What happened to that?

The other question is this - Is Brighton now a top team? They outplayed us in every single department and not just on fitness level, they played some orgasmic purposeful football.

If this is a fitness related issue, then there is no hope against Real Madrid.
Q[code][/code]

Fitness issue? We were 4th best at chances converted last season & we got way worse this season. The squad is bloated with unhappy players (senior mostly) & potter didn't help matters with his mediocre tactics . Everything is just wrong at the moment & it's all poor planning.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A001: 9:31am On Apr 18, 2023
Amoto94:

Insightful analysis. If Boli can get it right with appointing a manager and allowing him to do his job, Chelsea can improve dramatically next season.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A001: 9:33am On Apr 18, 2023
The Madrid game is on the horizon. Hopefully, our players give us their A-game. We know say coach no dey
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Capaldi: 9:52am On Apr 18, 2023
nateevs:

To be fair to him on this one, he might not be wrong.

There was a report released some weeks ago about running stats for all PL teams. It pointed out that we were either the team with the least collective distance covered or one of the worst, at best.

It pointed to a relaxed team training regime over several months (perhaps also from pre-season preparation), with severe lack of running during training, resulting in sub-optimal fitness for what should be an elite team. I read it at the time and ignored.

If this is resurfacing, then it means that the story was indeed true. It also means that if the story is true, then Lampard is correct and truly, he cannot fix it.

Lampard is looking for excuses to cover up his ineptness. Distance covered doesn't mean anything or correlate to performance or league position. The best teams usually cover the less distance.

Teams distance covered 2022/23 (back in November )
Team Distance (km)

Spurs 1,683.9

Leicester 1,656.8

Southampton 1,647.8

Newcastle 1,644.1

AFC Bournemouth 1,635.1

Brentford 1,632.3

West Ham 1,630.6

Everton 1,626

Fulham 1,589.5

Nott'm Forest 1,584.9

Aston Villa 1,570.6

Wolves 1,562.1

Leeds 1,562.1

Man City 1,552.6

Liverpool 1,537.6

Arsenal 1,526.7

Man Utd 1,486.7

Brighton 1,484.2

Chelsea 1,466.4

Crystal Palace 1,438.5

That indicate it is possible to play smart and let the ball do the running. This is what we are struggling with. Lampard should keep shut.

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by kingBolton: 10:48am On Apr 18, 2023
Amoto94:

Quite insightful, tuchel came and was able to set up the team in a way which hide their flaws and the team played well. Everyone thought getting a striker in the summer would have solved our goal scoring problem but it rather created other problems. Lukaku's profile didn't just fit into the system( couldn't press) and this is where I think Tuchel's problems at Chelsea started. He was a good tactician( never wanted him sacked and will still take him back in an heartbeat) but most of his transfer decisions were poor.

Boehly cannot also be exempted in how we found ourselves in this terrible situation, if he knew he was going to revamp the teams scouting and transfer network, why sack the manager and then replace him with a total fraud?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:48am On Apr 18, 2023
Imagine in April barely a month to the end of the most grueling football season ever seen a coach is saying players are not fit?

After 8months of football plus world cup between

Assuming they weren't fit in 1month pre season so 10 months of football is not enough?

Some of them went to the world cup and did well for their country, they played multiple internationals yet we are to believe they are not fit in April when other coaches are complaining of player fatigue

There is no excuse a clueless coach will not come up with sha

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 10:56am On Apr 18, 2023
Capaldi:

Lampard is looking for excuses to cover up his ineptness. Distance covered doesn't mean anything or correlate to performance or league position. The best teams usually cover the less distance.

Teams distance covered 2022/23 (back in November )
Team Distance (km)

Spurs 1,683.9

Leicester 1,656.8

Southampton 1,647.8

Newcastle 1,644.1

AFC Bournemouth 1,635.1

Brentford 1,632.3

West Ham 1,630.6

Everton 1,626

Fulham 1,589.5

Nott'm Forest 1,584.9

Aston Villa 1,570.6

Wolves 1,562.1

Leeds 1,562.1

Man City 1,552.6

Liverpool 1,537.6

Arsenal 1,526.7

Man Utd 1,486.7

Brighton 1,484.2

Chelsea 1,466.4

Crystal Palace 1,438.5

That indicate it is possible to play smart and let the ball do the running. This is what we are struggling with. Lampard should keep shut.

Two things here.

1. Not even Lampard is saying it is 'only' a fitness issue. He said there is a fitness issue which is a huge contributing factor to our lack lustre performances. That's not to say there are no other issues.

The video posted by Amoto is a combination of several issues posted by several of us at different times on here. All this are contributing issues as well and Lampard has not said they are not.

One of the most dangerous decisions by Potter is killing the directness, pressing intensity and combative strength that a forward line of Mudryk, Fofana, and Madueke could have brought. Instead sticking with ninnies like Felix, Havertz and Sterling....even worse, playing them all together time after time.

To dig ourselves out of this mess, we need players who can get stuck in and fight. Park the bus, and play on the counter if you will......unfortunately, all the players who can do that have barely played all season.....and sorry, you cannot fix that with just 8 games to go.

2. I think this is wrong application of stats. Distance covered as at November, in a world cup year tells nothing. I want to see the stats as at last week to make meaningful assessments of your position.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by kingBolton: 11:05am On Apr 18, 2023
Amoto94:

One point I noted again is the strikers not attacking the box, Wonder if that was why tuchel played sterling as a striker.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 11:41am On Apr 18, 2023
Amoto94:

Very decent analysis, but shied away from criticising Lampard, because the 70-80% of the recommended changes could theoretically be implemented tonight if Lpard wasn't such a terrible coach

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by akwesenana: 11:47am On Apr 18, 2023
Chelsea will shock the world tonight. Read my lips. cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 11:52am On Apr 18, 2023
kingBolton:

Quite insightful, tuchel came and was able to set up the team in a way which hide their flaws and the team played well. Everyone thought getting a striker in the summer would have solved our goal scoring problem but it rather created other problems. Lukaku's profile didn't just fit into the system( couldn't press) and this is where I think Tuchel's problems at Chelsea started. He was a good tactician( never wanted him sacked and will still take him back in an heartbeat) but most of his transfer decisions were poor.

Boehly cannot also be exempted in how we found ourselves in this terrible situation, if he knew he was going to revamp the teams scouting and transfer network, why sack the manager and then replace him with a total fraud?
Boli. Boli and Boli again. Plus a little of the British obviously. haha.

The man single handedly destroyed the season for reasons best known to him.

But season ain't over yet. We will find out very soon.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 11:54am On Apr 18, 2023
Amoto94:

Insightful video though I am not convinced about the false 9 thing. We definitely need a striker.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 11:56am On Apr 18, 2023
Skimpledawg:
FBS, was there hope before to beat Madrid?
So the mountain wey you go, you no see anything positive there? grin

There is always hope bro until the final whistle.

Even when I say there is no hope, there is still hope. That has always been my default mode. cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 11:58am On Apr 18, 2023
raumdeuter:
Imagine in April barely a month to the end of the most grueling football season ever seen a coach is saying players are not fit?

After 8months of football plus world cup between

Assuming they weren't fit in 1month pre season so 10 months of football is not enough?

Some of them went to the world cup and did well for their country, they played multiple internationals yet we are to believe they are not fit in April when other coaches are complaining of player fatigue

There is no excuse a clueless coach will not come up with sha
Na the thing wey I no understand be that. Like fitness should be on the list of issues. The players just look lost and have no idea what to do.

Why Boli waited this long is anyone's guess.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 12:40pm On Apr 18, 2023
More of this. You can't be collecting 300k and be playing poorly like Loftus Cheek.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by atiku07(m): 1:15pm On Apr 18, 2023
ItisHi:
better shut that trap. What do you expect him to do there?
U are an idiot for not been civil enough
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Incognito9: 1:43pm On Apr 18, 2023
My EPL best XI of the season, picking the attack was really challenging for me, would have opt in for 424 if an option to choose formation was included.

Picked saka ahead of martinelli was another challenge too.

Salah or Kane deserve a place if I choose 424 formation.

Vote yours here 👇
https://www.ea.com/games/fifa/fifa-23/ultimate-team/tots/premier-league

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by kingBolton: 1:45pm On Apr 18, 2023
FBS:

Boli. Boli and Boli again. Plus a little of the British obviously. haha.

The man single handedly destroyed the season for reasons best known to him.

But season ain't over yet. We will find out very soon.
I am sure he is also regretting some of his decisions now.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 3:05pm On Apr 18, 2023
Who Boehly cast like this? Sterling?

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ItisHi: 3:16pm On Apr 18, 2023
atiku07:
U are an idiot for not been civil enough
Ogun kee you
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FirstbornWds: 3:23pm On Apr 18, 2023
akwesenana:
Chelsea will shock the world tonight. Read my lips. cool

Yes.. They will lock the Stamford Bridge and claim that they couldn't find the keys.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 3:29pm On Apr 18, 2023
swiz123:
CC Popizaino

What should i do with this?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 3:32pm On Apr 18, 2023
Leyqute:

Jowo Felix is the Portuguese version of Pogba.

Man will dazzle in one or two games and will have moments of brilliance here and there. But if examine his general performance, the bad times will outweigh the good times.

Use another example not Pogba as i believe the Felix is a very inferior version of Pogba.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17579) (17580) (17581) (17582) (17583) (17584) (17585) ... (19151) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: A001, andrewbaba44, Unlimited22, WhoDeyHause and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.