Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,126 members, 7,863,927 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 09:02 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (17679) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10747558 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17676) (17677) (17678) (17679) (17680) (17681) (17682) ... (19423) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibunkun1(m): 10:20pm On May 09, 2023
raumdeuter:
One of my friends a Liverpool fan use to yab me say Bayern dey Bleep up as we dey always lose to Madrid

Now Madrid don beat am in their last 3 meetings 2 finals, 1 2nd round. He don call to apologize say he underestimated the pacts Madrid signed with Satan

grin grin grin In Olugbenga abefe's voice them be "ab'esu pinle"
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 10:21pm On May 09, 2023
raumdeuter:
Rudiger is such a warrior.. At Chelsea some wey no know ball dey yab am

Airmark and Ibime are the 2 main culprits, with the latter claiming that it was Tuchel's community defending.

13 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 10:24pm On May 09, 2023
raumdeuter:
One of my friends a Liverpool fan use to yab me say Bayern dey Bleep up as we dey always lose to Madrid

Now Madrid don beat am in their last 3 meetings 2 finals, 1 2nd round. He don call to apologize say he underestimated the pacts Madrid signed with Satan

Actually na 4. The year Madrid lost to Chelsea 2021. Them also knack Liverpool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:25pm On May 09, 2023
swiz123:

Airmark and Ibime are the 2 main culprits, with the later claiming that it was Tuchel's community defending.

No be we call am kpon kpon or akpola shoe

Search that phrase on NL and you'll see his performances from 2017 to 2021, 4 years of dross

8 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by monerozi5590: 10:29pm On May 09, 2023
liveLongNprospa:
Lmao.. Militao is an even bigger agbero than rudiger when he needs to be and still a better goal scoring threat.

Na mancity should be worried about today.

The last 5 mins, I noticed they actually sat back and pep was barking orders

More than that sir.

Ancelotti removed them twice in the second stages of the UCL and defeated them in the final also.

Zidane removed them once in the second stages of the UCL and defeated them in the final also.

Modified. Is for raumdeuter. Ignore.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:29pm On May 09, 2023
Ibime:

What did Ronaldinho do better than Henry in 2004, let's focus on that

Henry won EPL undefeated, European Golden shoe, got knocked out of UCL quarters by Chelsea

What did Dinho win in 2004?

Let's focus on that particular year before we talk about 2003 where Henry broke assist record that stands till this day.

So you don delete 2003 out of it? Okay Henry no get mouth for 2003

In 2004 Henry crashed out of CL, had an embarrassing Euros which was enough to seal his fate as the choker of European football a tag he never shed till he retired

In 2004 EPL no get levels and no one send what you did in the EPL. It was not as highly rated as Spain or Italy. Most top players will consider going to EPL an insult unless they are about to retire and looking for big payday.

Na the eye wey every dey take look EPL when be say na retirement Weah Vialli Lombardo Ivan Campo Okocha and rehab for flops from Serie A like Kanu and Henry full there
It was until Roman came and they started buying lite players in their prime that people considered whatever was done inside EPL without adding Europe to it

Kevin Phillips wasnt rated despite scoring 30 goals in an EPL season, but nowadays if Kane scores 30 EPL goals he will make Balon dor top 15 at least
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 10:30pm On May 09, 2023
Ibime:

No be we call am kpon kpon or akpola shoe

Search that phrase on NL and you'll see his performances from 2017 to 2021, 4 years of dross

Was that why you refused to acknowledge that he had improved even when I told you repeatedly that he has.

8 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kilishihunter: 10:32pm On May 09, 2023
Agadinaagwuofe:

I really want to know where the advantages will come from. A team as formidable as this madrid team will always show their mettle if e like make dem play the ball for moon cheesy grin grin grin grin
Real madrid have lost their last two meetings at the Etihad, Militao their best city will be back but I don't think he can hold off Haaland like rudiger wey be agbero, Courtois would have to be on top form once again if madrid are going to get anything in England, This draw pays city more than Madrid

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kimbeast: 10:34pm On May 09, 2023
Milan Derby is the match of the semi final. Can't wait for tomorrow.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by OhBritannia(m): 10:35pm On May 09, 2023
Watching haaland today made me realize how good Messi and Ronaldo were at 22.

It will take another decade for we to see players with the level of Messi and Ronaldo.

Haaland and Mbappe can't and will never fill in their shoes, it's impossible.

Now imagine a Young 22 years old Messi in this current team of Manchester city or a young 22 years old Ronaldo.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kilishihunter: 10:35pm On May 09, 2023
City wey dey like rush opponents for Etihad, When last have they lost there even with all their bottling?

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:35pm On May 09, 2023
raumdeuter:

So you don delete 2003 out of it? Okay Henry no get mouth for 2003

In 2004 Henry crashed out of CL, had an embarrassing Euros which was enough to seal his fate as the choker of European football a tag he never shed till he retired

Ok what did the 2004 winner do in 2004 except crash out of UEFA league early to Celtic

Henry 2004 - European Golden boot, Premier League winner, didn't lose a single premier league game as part of the Invincibles

Ronaldinho 2004 - no title anywhere, no individual record anywhere

Ok, let's rule out anyone from Euro 2004 or UCL 2004 challenging these two for the crown:

Euro 2004 best players - Zagorakis, Katsouranis and Charisteas (not contenders)

UCL 2004 best players - Benni McCarthy and Deco (not contenders)

So no need talking about those tournaments as no players from those tournaments can win

So now it's face me, I face you - Henry Vs Ronaldinho, who deserves 2004 WPOTY?

12 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:36pm On May 09, 2023
Ibime:

Ok what did the 2004 winner do in 2004 except crash out of UEFA league early to Celtic

Henry 2004 - European Golden boot, Premier League winner, didn't lose a single premier league game as part of the Invincibles

Ok, let's rule out anyone from Euro 2004 or UCL 2004 challenging these two for the crown:

Euro 2004 best players - Zagorakis, Kottaridis and Katsouranis and Charisteas (not contenders)

So no need talking about those tournaments as no players from those tournaments can win

So now it's face me, I face you - Henry Vs Ronaldinho, who deserves 2004 WPOTY?

In 2004 EPL no get levels and no one send what you did in the EPL. It was not as highly rated as Spain or Italy. Most top players will consider going to EPL an insult unless they are about to retire and looking for big payday.

Na the eye wey every dey take look EPL when be say na retirement Weah Vialli Lombardo Ivan Campo Okocha and rehab for flops from Serie A like Kanu and Henry full there
It was until Roman came and they started buying lite players in their prime that people considered whatever was done inside EPL without adding Europe to it

Kevin Phillips wasnt rated despite scoring 30 goals in an EPL season and winning European golden show, but nowadays if Kane scores 30 EPL goals and wins golden shoe he will make Balon dor top 15 at least
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 10:38pm On May 09, 2023
raumdeuter:

Madrid is the most dangerous team you can face in the CL even when you think you are comfortable they will spring something out on you

100% true.

That team is extremely dangerous.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblem2: 10:40pm On May 09, 2023
both Madrid an man city were equally matched
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:40pm On May 09, 2023
raumdeuter:

Kevin Phillips wasnt rated despite scoring 30 goals in an EPL season, but nowadays if Kane scores 30 EPL goals he will make Balon dor top 15 at least

Help us with UEFA Coefficient in 2004 please

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Trevor012(m): 10:41pm On May 09, 2023
OhBritannia:
Watching haaland today made me realize how good Messi and Ronaldo were at 22.

It will take another decade for we to see players with the level of Messi and Ronaldo.

Haaland and Mbappe can't and will never fill in their shoes, it's impossible.

Now imagine a Young 22 years old Messi in this current team of Manchester city or a young 22 years old Ronaldo.
You did not realize anything. Nor go allow copy and paste kill you o. You didn't even watch the match 😂 😂

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Trevor012(m): 10:41pm On May 09, 2023
Ibime:

Help us with UEFA Coefficient in 2004 please
England was 2nd

https://kassiesa.net/uefa/data/method3/crank2004.html
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:42pm On May 09, 2023
swiz123:

Was that why you refused to acknowledge that he had improved even when I told you repeatedly that he has.

We need to see it outside of 3 man defence

He let Tuchel down when Tuchel tried to change formation

Still letting Germany down

On bench for Madrid most times

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:43pm On May 09, 2023
Trevor012:

England was 2nd

https://kassiesa.net/uefa/data/method3/crank2004.html

That's right

Where was Italy?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 10:44pm On May 09, 2023
raumdeuter:

With what Pep and City saw of Madrid today they should be very afraid

Militao is coming back. But I think Rudiger agbero style handles Haaland better

Hopefully Ake is back too

Na person wey never face Madrid won't know they've sworn an oath with the devil

Everything is still up for grabs.

Ake has been injured twice in the last 6 weeks. That's not good. Plus they travel to Everton next weekend (which is shaping up to be a tough game). If Mahrez and Foden don't show up, na wahala. They cannot afford to rest too many players.

Ancelotti, on the other hand, can afford to rest his whole starting XI vs Getafe.

It's not looking very good for City. Things will get tougher. Pep needs his whole squad for the run in.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Sportsweb: 10:45pm On May 09, 2023

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Android17: 10:45pm On May 09, 2023
Crap Crap Crap.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Agadinaagwuofe: 10:49pm On May 09, 2023
Ibime:

Euro 2004 best players - Zagorakis, Katsouranis and Charisteas (not contenders)

So now it's face me, I face you ;- Henry Vs Ronaldinho, who deserves 2004 WPOTY?

grin grin grin cheesy grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 10:54pm On May 09, 2023
Sportsweb:
Ramu can lie sha

Dayo is actually kinda right about the coefficient thing.

The 2004 coefficient was calculated AFTER all UCL games were concluded.

In 2003, England was 3rd behind Spain and Italy. And they were ranked lower the further you go back.

Doesn't mean Henry isn't worth the ballon d'or in 2004 tho.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblem2: 11:03pm On May 09, 2023
vinixius is slowly turning into one of my favorite players ,when he came newly he was playing total rubbish ,Madrid were patient with I swear.

top scouting from their chief scout calafat
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 11:15pm On May 09, 2023
Leyqute:

In 2003, England was 3rd behind Spain and Italy. And they were ranked lower the further you go back.

Na someone wey no dey watch ball those times na him go deny my claims

EPL then was like Serie A now where the rejected and old players from other league go to

Going on an unbeaten run in the EPL in 2004 means as much as going unbeaten in Serie A this season
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Capaldi: 11:20pm On May 09, 2023
Agadinaagwuofe:

At the bolded Man city can still win at Bernabau had it been the first leg was played at etihad and ended 1:1
Who will be the favorite
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 11:28pm On May 09, 2023
swiz123:

Airmark and Ibime are the 2 main culprits, with the later claiming that it was Tuchel's community defending.

Why didn't you add your moniker too? grin

swiz123:
Apart from Rudiger making that school boy error against arsenal, I think Christensen also made a bigger one.

Well, we all know who Rudiger was, before Thiago Silva came to put sense into his head. We will never forget.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 11:39pm On May 09, 2023
Kilishihunter:
City wey dey like rush opponents for Etihad, When last have they lost there even with all their bottling?
After all these years you think Madrid knows difference between home and away. Ok ohh

You see Kroos, Modric, Alaba, Benz and Vini and you're mentioning stadium like it matters to these guys
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Capaldi: 11:41pm On May 09, 2023
Leyqute:

Is it supposed to be calculated before all the games were concluded? It's a 2004 ranking so it will definitely contain the performances of the 2003/2004 season. 2023 ranking will contain this current champions league performance as well.

You are basically telling us the season arsenal went unbeaten in the league Epl teams performance in the champions league pushed them from 3rd to the 2nd best league in Europe meaning the league was strong.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblem2: 11:42pm On May 09, 2023
now they're comparing vinicius to Neymar, recency bias SMH 🤦

(1) (2) (3) ... (17676) (17677) (17678) (17679) (17680) (17681) (17682) ... (19423) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ouzo1(m), cephasdultimate, Bill8012(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.