Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,909 members, 7,848,673 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 08:29 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (18363) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10681732 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18360) (18361) (18362) (18363) (18364) (18365) (18366) ... (19343) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 2:57pm On Oct 24, 2023
popizaino:
And also Jao Felix but i doubt if he can be good as Kaka.

He is a good shout but I just thought that move to Atletico derailed his career. I watched him in Portugal and he was a talented kid

Looks like he is gradually getting back into form at Barcelona
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblemm: 3:19pm On Oct 24, 2023
šŸ˜¬ Only Neal Maupay (.8.) has had more shots on target without scoring a goal than Enzo Fernandez (6) in the Premier League this season

WhoScored

well well well,yes your primary work is not to score goal but I expect you to do when the opportunity presents itself.

when I talk one brainless fowl go say ,I no sabi watch ball.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 4:03pm On Oct 24, 2023
popizaino:
I had to download our highlights again to watch over and over again in other to see the fault of Enzo FernƔndez for Rice's goal as swiz123 opined but it seems the swiz123 actually watched a different game cause i don't understand and can't see his fault here. Pls good people should help me to see from 7:38mins and confirm.

You don't care about the fundamentals of midfield play beside forward and Hollywood passes. We have established that to be true.

A midfielder is much more than what you see. A midfielder's job is to control possession by helping his team ensure they keep the ball instead of going long all the time.

How do they do this?? It's simple, they cover a lot of ground in an effort to ensure they are always available to receive the ball even under pressure. Central midfielders with high passing volume do this a lot and hence, it becomes arguably the most important metric to judge a CM and DM.

When Sanchez received the ball from Colwill, Enzo should have opened up to receive that ball and if he did, he would have received the ball at the exact place Sanchez dropped the pass. Sanchez is blamed for not looking before dropping the pass ; he only relied on Enzo opening up to receive the pass.
Therefore, Sanchez made a mistake because Enzo let him down.

I will blame this on tired legs after the international break but this better not happen again. I only judge players based on their primary role and nothing more.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 4:11pm On Oct 24, 2023
Eagle-eyed people will also notice that Enzo's lack of legs limits ibime's dog from running into the box to cause overloads -- something he is a little decent at.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 4:44pm On Oct 24, 2023
swiz123:
Eagle-eyed people will also notice that Enzo's lack of legs limits ibime's dog from running into the box to cause overloads -- something he is a little decent at.

Every tongue shall confess about chaos causer

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 5:20pm On Oct 24, 2023
airmark:

I don't think anybody wanted Declan Rice more than I did.

Raumdeuter and his foolish crew were even mocking me that I was hyping a player that was playing for fvckin West Ham that no top club wanted.
They mocked me too. I initially preferred Rice but saw that our board donā€™t rate him too much before I settle for Caicedo. Caicedo is good too so..,
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 5:25pm On Oct 24, 2023
Ibime:

Yep he sabi run with ball till he enter box, then he go do nonsense

But his record for Brazil under 23s suggests there may be goals in him, maybe going through confidence issues
Brazil is overhyped now. If you notice since the emergence of Neymar Brazil started having unserious players. Is it a coincidence or someone dubbed as the next Pele actually affected the nation negatively. Before Neymar Brazilian players were not known for whining and sissy attitude. They werenā€™t known for lackadaisical attitude.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 5:30pm On Oct 24, 2023
swiz123:

You don't care about the fundamentals of midfield play beside forward and Hollywood passes. We have established that to be true.

A midfielder is much more than what you see. A midfielder's job is to control possession by helping his team ensure they keep the ball instead of going long all the time.

How do they do this?? It's simple, they cover a lot of ground in an effort to ensure they are always available to receive the ball even under pressure. Central midfielders with high passing volume do this a lot and hence, it becomes arguably the most important metric to judge a CM and DM.

When Sanchez received the ball from Colwill, Enzo should have opened up to receive that ball and if he did, he would have received the ball at the exact place Sanchez dropped the pass. Sanchez is blamed for not looking before dropping the pass ; he only relied on Enzo opening up to receive the pass.

I will blame this on tired legs after the international break but this better not happen again. I only judge players based on their primary role and nothing more.

Thank you, I blame it on tired legs too. Sanchez was supposed to pass that ball to Sylva. Silva even called for the ball but he chose the middle when he wasnā€™t in his goal, that was stupid of Sanchez. In training, goalkeepers are taught to play the ball side ways if he is out goal post.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 6:22pm On Oct 24, 2023
swiz123:

Unfortunately,your lengthy words doesn't depict what happened in the game/highlights above. You can not gaslight me with your beautiful prose.I have my eyes which cannot deceive me to do my own independent assessment.

How did Enzo make himself unavailable for Sanchez to pass to? Bear him mind Arsenal players were at his two sides. I believe he should have ran into Arsenal player same thing you and User09 usually criticise Mason Mount for that he was clogging the midfield paces.

The very first thing i said immediately we conceded that goal was to complain about our back passes. Often too many times at Chelsea, a players in Colwill situations will resort to passing behind rather than trying to be a little bit clever just by cutting it to pass to back to Enzo who had already scouted his surroundings to receive the pass? Our players are mentally lazy. OK,now let's assume the goalkeeper was the safest and only option for Colwill to pass to,he already got that right.

So what was the keeper supposed to do on getting the ball in that intense situation with the ball on his weaker foot? Try some fanciful pass in between ? Just before the highlights of Rice's goal there was also a similar scenario were the Arsenal goalkeeper tried to pass to Rice which eventually fell into the legs of Palmer. But we never see you telling us about how Rice didn't make himself available for pass but used Palmers miss to call him overrated.

I am all for fairness,replace Sanchez with Victor Valdez and Enzo with Xavi Hernandez in that highlights, and i am sure your narratives would have been different blaming valdez instead.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlewMahn: 6:35pm On Oct 24, 2023
Galatasaray outplaying Bayern is not what I expected.

Raumdeuter, is this surprising to you?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 6:38pm On Oct 24, 2023
BlewMahn:

Ramdeuter, is this surprising to you?

That is what Tuchel has turned us into

This first half draw really flattered us because we no play anything

Galatasaray all over us like a rash
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by WhoDeyHause: 6:43pm On Oct 24, 2023
Ibime:

Every tongue shall confess about chaos causer
grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 7:05pm On Oct 24, 2023
BlewMahn:

Ramdeuter, is this surprising to you?

A Galatasaray win today will be very bad for Man utd. Will that be a bad thing
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 7:13pm On Oct 24, 2023
popizaino:

Unfortunately,your lengthy words doesn't depict what happened in the game/highlights above. You can not gaslight me with your beautiful prose.I have my eyes which cannot deceive me to do my own independent assessment.

How did Enzo make himself unavailable for Sanchez to pass to? Bear him mind Arsenal players were at his two sides. I believe he should have ran into Arsenal player same thing you and User09 usually criticise Mason Mount for that he was clogging the midfield paces.

The very first thing i said immediately we conceded that goal was to complain about our back passes. Often too many times at Chelsea, a players in Colwill situations will resort to passing behind rather than trying to be a little bit clever just by cutting it to pass to back to Enzo who had already scouted his surroundings to receive the pass? Our players are mentally lazy. OK,now let's assume the goalkeeper was the safest and only option for Colwill to pass to,he already got that right.

So what was the keeper supposed to do on getting the ball in that intense situation with the ball on his weaker foot? Try some fanciful pass in between ? Just before the highlights of Rice's goal there was also a similar scenario were the Arsenal goalkeeper tried to pass to Rice which eventually fell into the legs of Palmer. But we never see you telling us about how Rice didn't make himself available for pass but used Palmers miss to call him overrated.

I am all for fairness,replace Sanchez with Victor Valdez and Enzo with Xavi Hernandez in that highlights, and i am sure your narratives would have been different blaming valdez instead.

Popi grin grin

Even without trying, you could easily see that Palmer saw Rice and was intentional to intercept the pass. Go back and see if Nketiah even knew about Enzo nor tried to intercept the ball. Enzo simply was hiding by the periphery of Nketiah who had no intention of shadow marking him.

This situation is exactly what Enzo should have taken advantage of to open up behind Nketiah.

What I am saying shouldn't surprise you given that Sanchez was very mad at Enzo for selling him out cheaply.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 7:15pm On Oct 24, 2023
raumdeuter:

That would be very welcomed actually
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 7:16pm On Oct 24, 2023
BlueMann:

That would be very welcomed actually
You like chaos šŸ˜­
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlewMahn: 7:18pm On Oct 24, 2023
Unlimited22:

You like chaos šŸ˜­

Unfortunately I jinxed it embarassed
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlewMahn: 7:23pm On Oct 24, 2023
Bayern weathered a game-long storm, and have now surely put this one to bed.

Kane the provider this time, Musiala on the beat
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 7:23pm On Oct 24, 2023
Canā€™t believe Musiala was a Chelsea player.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 7:24pm On Oct 24, 2023
raumdeuter:

Very bad thing.

The gods will not allow it.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Incognito9: 9:20pm On Oct 24, 2023
Bellingham cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblemm: 10:28pm On Oct 24, 2023
Incognito9:
Bellingham cool

he is delivering,but if I ask the same from my 120m midfielder I'm a hater

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Android17: 10:35pm On Oct 24, 2023
swiz123:

When Rodri was suspended, I watched Kalvin Phillips keenly in the few moments he played and was surprised he was not receiving the ball enough to the degree Rodri was. City did not lack possession, but for some reason the stat could not be translated to Mr. Phillips.

Your post contains the reason why. He was never positioning himself rightly to receive the ball.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Android17: 10:41pm On Oct 24, 2023
zeusis:

Guardiola likes technical security and control and grealish gives him all that. Doku at best should be a second half sub when city finds it difficult to break down low block teams.
If I had my way I'll do that. Or better yet freaking play Grealish in his rightful position which is in midfield. He has better retention than Alvarez, wins more fouls than Foden and has more gravity than anyone not named KdB or Haaland.

That was what made him special at Villa. Jack needs runners ahead of him but Pep is playing him on the wings like he is Iniesta - which he is not. Imagine playing Zidane as a winger (Jack is not on Zidane's level).
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:15pm On Oct 24, 2023
I never even watch one UCL highlight this season.

Boehly do me strong ting
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by drisham(m): 12:29am On Oct 25, 2023
swiz123:
Cause chaos you meanšŸ˜
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblemm: 1:35am On Oct 25, 2023
people don't know what boehly and co are creating,they want to the best in every position .

a super team,the ones who failed will be sold of course.

Although some might flourish later and haunt us like kdb and Salah ,musialašŸ˜,it is inevitable anyways.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblemm: 1:37am On Oct 25, 2023
Chelsea are looking for a new CB and LB
the CB will replace Silva .
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Amoto94(m): 6:30am On Oct 25, 2023
Ballzproblemm:
Chelsea are looking for a new CB and LB

the CB will replace Silva .

They should sign Antonio Silva of Benfica and the defence is sorted
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlewMahn: 10:07am On Oct 25, 2023
Just watched highlights of Brentford vs Burnley and Omo, dem be wan kill Burnley that day. If not for Trafford, the scoreline would've been extremely ugly.

It's not looking good for Kompany at all.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 10:47am On Oct 25, 2023
A 5 game win run will change things. We can still do this. cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblemm: 11:41am On Oct 25, 2023
Amoto94:

They should sign Antonio Silva of Benfica and the defence is sorted

ousmane diomande and Boca Juniors left back Valentin barco are the two names I have head so far

(1) (2) (3) ... (18360) (18361) (18362) (18363) (18364) (18365) (18366) ... (19343) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: cephasdultimate, potland, Jamiuokolaa, Amoto94(m), swiz123(m), popizaino(m), timbros(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.