Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,623 members, 7,816,563 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (18973) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10504369 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18970) (18971) (18972) (18973) (18974) (18975) (18976) ... (19148) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Silentgroper(m): 6:15am On Apr 07
A40:
Shadow marking? When no be Noob Saibot dey for pitch grin
grin
Noob saibot .. my favorites character in mortal Kombat after sub zero ..

You dey play p.s?? If you do .. you'd see what van dijk is doing is similar.. it is strategic .. He might be the last defender at those point and would be foolish to just lunge at the opponent to avoid being dribbled past .. Instead he shadow marks him till back up comes or waits for to hit the ball then position himself to block the ball . It help frustrates the opponent at times thereby causing confusing especially when the opponent is just expecting he(vvd) marks him head on so he would just dribble past him .. it is strategic .. Boathand or whatever they calling him, if he has employed this in his defending days no go dey chop grass easily as exposed in the pictures above ..

The funny thing is everyone does it .. So I do not know why oga ramdeuter finds it strange ... Even for street sef, we dey do am when we dey play ball for area.. na common thing nw..

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Silentgroper(m): 6:20am On Apr 07
iamoyindamola:

He will do well in LFC
I have seen his blueprint injuries ruined Brighton season
They beat our press with ease imagine mitoma and Ferguson fit
okay then, give us arteta and take de zerbi ...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 6:35am On Apr 07
Silentgroper:
grin

You dey play p.s?? If you do .. you'd see what van dijk is doing is similar.. it is strategic .. He might be the last defender at those point and would be foolish to just lunge at the opponent to avoid being dribbled past .. Instead he shadow marks him till back up comes or waits for to hit the ball then position himself to block the ball . It help frustrates the opponent at times thereby causing confusing especially when the opponent is just expecting he(vvd) marks him head on so he would just dribble past him .. it is strategic .. Boathand or whatever they calling him, if he has employed this in his defending days no go dey chop grass easily as exposed in the pictures above ..

The funny thing is everyone does it .. So I do not know why oga ramdeuter finds it strange ... Even for street sef, we dey do am when we dey play ball for area.. na common thing nw..

Boateng with his style won the world cup and 2 trebles which VVD has not won in his career

What VVD does by hiding and showing nyansh for ball will never make him a top defender. Good defenders like Vidic Ramos Carvalho Maldini Nesta are not scared of dribbles and won't be pointing to other defenders to go collect on their behalf, rather they face the situation
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:35am On Apr 07
Silentgroper:
okay then, give us arteta and take de zerbi ...
If I talk now it will be as if I am insulting you
I have an honest review of the man go and drag your club management for shortlisting him
Make una grow up from this take and collect, LFC no know you arsenal no send me btw de zerbi is still a Brighton coach
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AdisaOwala: 7:11am On Apr 07
Silentgroper:
grin

The pictures below would give you a clue as to how that kpon kpon Useless defender came about that name...

Even his manager was shocked.

Me believe say na mental problem sha, cos how person go just intentionally become a volleyball/Basketball player in his own 18yard box all of a sudden?

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Silentgroper(m): 7:17am On Apr 07
AdisaOwala:

The pictures below would give you a clue as to how that kpon kpon Useless defender came about that name...

Me believe say na mental problem sha, cos how person go just intentionally become a volleyball/Basketball player in the 18yard box all of a sudden?

grin grin .. I no fit laugh abeg..
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 7:49am On Apr 07
raumdeuter:

Is that not what VVD dey do? Will Gabriel Ramos Vidic Boateng be in that defence and be pointing at someone to do defending
It just epitomises that Man u are indisciplined. They don't have followers.

How can everybody point and nobody is taking action. That's abuse of "pointing" grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by andrewbaba44: 8:02am On Apr 07
Silentgroper:
grin

I get mortal kombat book when I was in primary school with all their moves on sega and nitendo

I can still remember the keys for noob saibot and liu kang brutality grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 8:14am On Apr 07
By the way, Nico Williams dropped a masterclass in the Copa del Rey final against Mallorca, helping Athletic Bilbao to their first trophy in 40 years.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 8:44am On Apr 07
Hmm.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 9:15am On Apr 07
AdisaOwala:

Me believe say na mental problem sha, cos how person go just intentionally become a volleyball/Basketball player in his own 18yard box all of a sudden?

Does he want to dunk or what?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 9:32am On Apr 07
BlueMann:
By the way, Nico Williams dropped a masterclass in the Copa del Rey final against Mallorca, helping Athletic Bilbao to their first trophy in 40 years.
Sign him. Him Nkunku Palmer and a striker.

Sign a good CB and LB.

Get a better coach.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 9:32am On Apr 07
popizaino:

Does he want to dunk or what?
'I believe I can fly'
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 9:37am On Apr 07
BlueMann:

β€œI have many years left here, I am calm and happy. I can’t wait to get to Bilbao to celebrate.”

He is surely staying for at least one more season.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 10:20am On Apr 07
Arteta has a squad that are out to set the records straight.

Impressive!

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Trevor012(m): 11:07am On Apr 07
Griffon:
Arteta has a squad that are out to set the records straight.

Impressive!
Only to end up trophy less.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by drisham(m): 11:29am On Apr 07
Pulisic hitting 10goals for milan

No longer battling injuries is seriously making me question Chelsea medical team

Look at my king James fr

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by drisham(m): 11:31am On Apr 07
raumdeuter:

You can't underestimate what bragging rights a world cup gives to players who won it

Na why Ronaldo wan play till next world cup and Messi dey sleep like baby

See even Dybala wey hardly play dey get mouth because of borrow pose world cup
I need Enzo to this πŸ˜‚
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 11:48am On Apr 07
oliverano:

Okay, fair enough!

Raumdeuter don deceive this one.

The defender Dayo lied that he carried Germany to win the World cup, couldn't make the tournament's best 11, while his mates in the team, made the list. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 12:26pm On Apr 07
Jodera:

It just epitomises that Man u are indisciplined. They don't have followers.

How can everybody point and nobody is taking action. That's abuse of "pointing" grin

If Gabriel was to be in that defense I know he will donate himself to Palmer in that move and not point to others to do it for him

If your most experienced defender is jumping in front of shots you won't be pointing
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:28pm On Apr 07
VVD went down for 2 years following his ACL injury. He had no sharpness as you'd expect from someone returning from ACL. His body was too large and he couldn't get close to players

This season he is back and one of, or the best defender in EPL with Saliba

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 12:29pm On Apr 07
AdisaOwala:

What type of mental problems made Vidic to do this

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 12:32pm On Apr 07
raumdeuter:

grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 12:53pm On Apr 07
raumdeuter:

If Gabriel was to be in that defense I know he will donate himself to Palmer in that move and not point to others to do it for him

If your most experienced defender is jumping in front of shots you won't be pointing
That move is outside the box when everything is inside. I doubt Gabriel would do that. Instead it's either Rice, Odegaard or anyone would offer himself.

That just tells how indisciplined and non-chalant Man U were on that day
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 1:01pm On Apr 07
Jodera:

That move is outside the box when everything is inside. I doubt Gabriel would do that. Instead it's either Rice, Odegaard or anyone would offer himself.

That just tells how indisciplined and non-chalant Man U were on that day

I mean if Gabriel was in that Man utd defense where everyone was pointing

What will he do
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ThierryJay: 1:07pm On Apr 07
raumdeuter:

You actually have a point which is that there've been great defenders known not to shy away from robust challenges.

But there is something you are missing: Effectiveness.

At the end of it all, the hallmark of a great defender is how well he's able to prevent opponents from scoring or creating dangerous situations. It is not necessary that all great defenders have to employ the same style so long as whatever style they adopt is effective.

And it isn't a matter of argument that VVD was the EPL's most effective defender between 2018 - 2021. He had some 2-year downtime afterwards due to injury but has come back strongly since 2023 and the results for Liverpool are there for all to see.

It doesn't matter that VVD avoids lunging into tackles while Vidic and Nesta are tackling warriors. At the end of the day, they are all elite defenders that have helped their teams challenge and win league and UCL titles. What more evidence do you require?

No be only one road enter market.

Btw, Boateng no dey VVD's level.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 1:13pm On Apr 07
raumdeuter:

I mean if Gabriel was in that Man utd defense where everyone was pointing

What will he do

He will be marking Disasi, tall man to tall man. It's for the short men to close stuff outside the box
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Vischy: 1:16pm On Apr 07
AdisaOwala:

Wtf,Chelsea thread must be the funniest thread on nairalandπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Vischy: 1:17pm On Apr 07
hensben:
Hmm.

It was Bellingham until a certain cole palmer appeared on the scene πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 1:20pm On Apr 07
ThierryJay:

You actually have a point which is that there've been great defenders known not to shy away from robust challenges.

At the end of it all, the hallmark of a great defender is how well he's able to prevent opponents from scoring or creating dangerous situations. It is not necessary that all great defenders have to employ the same style so long as whatever style they adopt is effective.

And it isn't a matter of argument that VVD was the EPL's most effective defender between 2018 - 2021. He had some 2-year downtime afterwards due to injury but has come back strongly since 2023 and the results for Liverpool are there for all to see.

It doesn't matter that VVD avoids lunging into tackles while Vidic and Nesta are tackling warriors. At the end of the day, they are all elite defenders that have helped their teams challenge and win league and UCL titles. What more evidence do you require?

Give this man a trophy.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 1:24pm On Apr 07
ThierryJay:

It doesn't matter that VVD avoids lunging into tackles while Vidic and Nesta are tackling warriors. At the end of the day, they are all elite defenders that have helped their teams challenge and win league and UCL trophies. What more evidence do you require?

Effectiveness in that these great defenders do the work themselves and throw themselves into tackles

Or effectiveness in pointing others to do the work and you flee from the hardwork.

VVD all through his career has been known to run away from dangerous situations while pushing others to do it for him because he knows once he attempts he fails

We saw how in the CL final he was trying to avoid Valverde until that one disgraced him

You are claiming 2018 to 2021 when it was in October 2020 he was getting disgraced by Aston Villa and they lost 7-2 in one game

The results at Liverpool is as a result of Klopps style where he presses high neutralized all attacks and the defence mops up. When it gets to dangerous 1v1 situation it's Konate and Matip who go for those while VVD points. I have seen Klopp for over 15yrs and he achieved the same thing with below average defenders like Hummels Matip and Subotic

VVD is a product of hype. We saw how he avoided Sissoko who shot off target and was hailed for making Sisoko shoot off target, when you start seeing intangibles like leadership, communication used to praise a defender know that he is just forming activity

Everyone who has played ball before would have encountered one defender thatbwill benforming seniorman for field wey no fit play and whose job will be to shout and point to others to do their jobs

Boateng cannot be in VVD level when Boateng won 2 trebles and a world cup. He won a CL and world cup by age 25 as a starter in those defence. What has VVD done close to that at his current age?

Pointing will always show up in big games when everyone is busy doing work and marking opponents and no one has time to be protecting a traffic warden defender. Similar to Thiago Silva

As much as I don't like John Terry, I can say he is not a pointing defender he does the hard work

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by fredoooooo: 1:24pm On Apr 07
No Assnal fan can say Awusubilahi mina shaitan Rojeem today..
They're all embracing the devil cheesy grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (18970) (18971) (18972) (18973) (18974) (18975) (18976) ... (19148) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Thazard(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.