Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,139 members, 7,818,431 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (19105) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10522742 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19102) (19103) (19104) (19105) (19106) (19107) (19108) ... (19159) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bluelines69: 6:34pm On Apr 25
swiz123:

Look at this guy's knees. Seems this guy was a phone snatcher back in Senegal.

Additionally, this dude is nothing less than 35.

Afrodoc2 can give us insight about the condition of that knee and how it relates to his true age.

I think he’s genuinely local, no wonder he acts like a tout
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 6:37pm On Apr 25
WhoDeyHause:

Yes then we started seeing better goalkeeping when he got injured and Petrovic came in compared to our attack that would sometimes want to leave all the whole work for palmer.

Neither here nor there. He was part of the defence that was underperforming.

If Nkunku was fit this season the attack would have been better as well.

Note, I am not saying the attack is okay o, but there is no way a historically bad defence does not have a large chunk of the blame.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 6:38pm On Apr 25
WhoDeyHause:

Even at that 7th best goals scored we all know we've heavily underperformed our expected goals this season not only Jackson. Many of our draws would have turned to victories if only the balls went more into the fvckin net.

Or if this was not statistically the worst Chelsea defence in premier league history.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 6:38pm On Apr 25
afrodoc2:

Even that 52 goals, how many times has Chelsea conceded 52 goals in a 38 game season? But you got there this time with 8 games to spare.

57 is very bad for Chelsea but 52 was already historically bad.

Manchester united conceded 57 goals 2 seasons ago and finished 6th. If we had just beaten Sheffield, Nottingham and Burnley..even with the 57 goals conceded, we would be 6th with a game in hand over United in 7th. We would be 6 points away from Villa would be playing us next, and we'd have a decent chance at cracking top 4....even after conceding 57 goals.

What I'm pissed off about isn't even about the 5-0 at Arsenal.

It's the 1-0 defeat to Forest. The 0-0 against Bournemouth. The draws against Burnley and Sheffield.

It's not like we were playing prime Barcelona. We played 3 games against 17th, 19th, and 20th and only took 2 points. That's diabolical.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 6:45pm On Apr 25
nihilistjnr:

Manchester united conceded 57 goals 2 seasons ago and finished 6th. If we had just beaten Sheffield, Nottingham and Burnley..even with the 57 goals conceded, we would be 6th with a game in hand over United in 7th. We would be 6 points away from Villa would be playing us next, and we'd have a decent chance at cracking top 4....even after conceding 57 goals.

What I'm pissed off about isn't even about the 5-0 at Arsenal.

It's the 1-0 defeat to Forest. The 0-0 against Bournemouth. The draws against Burnley and Sheffield.

It's not like we were playing prime Barcelona. We played 3 games against 17th, 19th, and 20th and only took 2 points. That's diabolical.

You even went to Manchester United and they only finished 5th. Let’s stay with the same Chelsea.

Chelsea scored 58 goals 3 seasons ago and finished 4th. Do you know why? Because they conceded only 36 goals.

So this “useless” Chelsea attack has already scored 3 more goals than a Top 4 Chelsea side. With 6 games to spare.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 6:45pm On Apr 25
popizaino:

You have time to be answering that one that Agenda has ba ti e je.

Remember how he avoided this your question before our shameful loss to Arsenal when our goal conceded was 52.

He waited till this moment to start talking about 57goals.

grin
If I switch tomorrow to blame only the defence, he will switch his criticism to our attack.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by andrewbaba44: 6:51pm On Apr 25
raumdeuter:

To be fair even though John Terry is overrated but I will be lying if I accuse him of running from challenge, he will go into it even if he gets dribbled, he doesn't hide

Okocha is not a top tier player he is just an entertainer the clubs he played for tells the whole story

Hummels is a tier 2 club defender. He will be great for a tier 2 club like Dortmund reason he dropped out of Bayern twice

Hazard is a good player for some level, espexially when ita not CL. If ots to do leaguw shakushaku drimbu then Hidden ia the man. His fans comparing him to Neymar was what brought his dragging

VVD is just a hype job, a coward who hides from his main job

John Terry is not overrated sha

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 6:56pm On Apr 25
raumdeuter:

What we are talking about is the historically shambolic defence that Chelsea is parading
Whatever your ambitions are as a club conceding 57 goals in 32 games is definitely not in the right direction

If your ambition is to win the league you have scored 61 goals after 32 games, you are on track to have the number of goals Leicester and Man utd had when they won the title in 2016 and 2009
So your offence at current rate can win the league in some seasons and made top 4 in many seasons

However when we check your defence

Your defence conceding 57 goals in 32 games is however not in line with anyone that has won the league

I looked back 20yrs and no team that made top 4 conceded 57 goals after 38 games Your team has conceded that number with 6 games to spare. Anyone here can confirm the last time a top 4 team conceded 57 goals in a season

If however your ambition as a club is to match Newcastle 7th or Spurs last season (8th) both top half of the table then I will say you are doing well

I’ve been using this phrase “fallen standards”.

Score 100 goals, that’s the business. It doesn’t matter if the defense is leaking in 200 goals.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 6:57pm On Apr 25
airmark:

grin
If I switch tomorrow to blame only the defence, he will switch his criticism to our attack.

You are not that important

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 6:59pm On Apr 25
afrodoc2:

You even went to Manchester United and they only finished 5th. Let’s stay with the same Chelsea.

Chelsea scored 58 goals 3 seasons ago and finished 4th. Do you know why? Because they conceded only 36 goals.

So this “useless” Chelsea attack has already scored 3 more goals than a Top 4 Chelsea side. With 6 games to spare.

Assignment for anyone

Find me the last time a Top 4 side conceded 57 goals in a season

That is we assuming that 57 is all Chelsea will concede this season

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 7:05pm On Apr 25
airmark:

grin

U support Tinubu and Raumdeuter did not because of that switch to support Atiku grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CaptainZubi: 7:05pm On Apr 25
WhoDeyHause:

See his head like komodo dragon.
Hopefully goal scoring breeze will enter this his fresh head now.
Is it just me but this weyrey wan resemble Drogba small.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 7:06pm On Apr 25
BlueRayDick:

U support Tinubu and Ramdeuter did not because of that switch to support Atiku grin

I support Haaland but because he doesnt wan to take another L he joined

Recall when he was shouting Decline Rice and Bayern upandan?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 7:07pm On Apr 25
Man city and Newcastle conceded 33 goals last season, but what gave Man city the Epl trophy and not Newcastle? Your guess is as good as mine.

Haaland and Mbappe are collecting salaries of 3 defenders each in a week, for a reason. Dey play.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 7:11pm On Apr 25
BlueRayDick:

U support Tinubu and Raumdeuter did not because of that switch to support Atiku grin

Strictly on football.

The list is long if I start. From Morata to Belotti that he tagged top 10 in the world to Fraudiola that he blasted in the past to Sterling that he called useless but later started supporting because of my criticisms. Forget.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 7:17pm On Apr 25
airmark:

Strictly on football.

The list is long if I start. From Morata to Belotti that he tagged top 10 in the world to Fraudiola that he blasted in the past to Sterling that he called useless but later started supporting because of my criticisms. Forget.

Maybe because the two of u founded two different sporting institutes with different philosophies grin

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 7:20pm On Apr 25
afrodoc2:

Nobody is disputing that a tighter defence is better for winning league. What I have very clearly pointed out is that even as bad as our defence is. If our attack was clinical, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Make no mistake, the only reason I even joined the attack vs defence conversation is because the people that were claiming attack is OK were failing to realise that our attack is really just Cole Palmer...and half of Cole Palmer's output itself is from set pieces (penalties and corners).

Thats why our own manager came out before Arsenal game to say the boys needed to prove that they were not Palmer FC, and promptly lost 5-0 to prove we are Palmer PLC.

Without Palmer, the boys don't even know how launch an attack. Don't k kW how to put 3 passes together. Don't know how to break the lines.

From a defensive perspective, we know the boys playing at the back are not the first choice ballers. Our first choice fullbacks (including our captain and best player) are injured. Our first choice Goalkeeper has been injured since last year.

Our 75 million pound Cb (Fofana) has been injured since last year. The 50 million DM(Lavia) we signed this season has been injured since last year. Badiashile was the understudy to Levi Colwill until he got injured.

we already know that the defensive problem is temporary, because most of those bums are our bench fodder anyway. Squad players at best.

The problem with this useless attack, is that these bums are our 1st choice attackers (with the exception of Nkunku who's also injured.

That bomboclaat Jackson is our 1st choice striker. The ediots Mudryk/Sterling are battling for 1st choice at LW.

Attack vs defence originally came from the argument over which area to prioritise strengthening - a second string defensive line who are only seeing shirt due to injuries to key players, or a hopeless 1st choice attack who are being carried by a 21 year old seemingly penalty merchant in his debut season.

A capable attacking force would have mitigated the impact of the injury crisis by doing the Lords work in front of goal, especially against the utterly useless relegation dross we've failed to beat or even manage to score against this season.

Samchez, James, Colwill, Chilwell and Lavia will all return and no doubt improve that defence....and then what the absolute fück are we going to do with Jackson?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 7:38pm On Apr 25
nihilistjnr:

Nobody is disputing that a tighter defence is better for winning league. What I have very clearly pointed out is that even as bad as our defence is. If our attack was clinical, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Make no mistake, the only reason I even joined the attack vs defence conversation is because the people that were claiming attack is OK were failing to realise that our attack is really just Cole Palmer...and half of Cole Palmer's output itself is from set pieces (penalties and corners).

Thats why our own manager came out before Arsenal game to say the boys needed to prove that they were not Palmer FC, and promptly lost 5-0 to prove we are Palmer PLC.

Without Palmer, the boys don't even know how launch an attack. Don't k kW how to put 3 passes together. Don't know how to break the lines.

From a defensive perspective, we know the boys playing at the back are not the first choice ballers. Our first choice fullbacks (including our captain and best player) are injured. Our first choice Goalkeeper has been injured since last year.

Our 75 million pound Cb (Fofana) has been injured since last year. The 50 million DM(Lavia) we signed this season has been injured since last year. Badiashile was the understudy to Levi Colwill until he got injured.

we already know that the defensive problem is temporary, because most of those bums are our bench fodder anyway. Squad players at best.

The problem with this useless attack, is that these bums are our 1st choice attackers (with the exception of Nkunku who's also injured.

That bomboclaat Jackson is our 1st choice striker. The ediots Mudryk/Sterling are battling for 1st choice at LW.

Attack vs defence originally came from the argument over which area to prioritise strengthening - a second string defensive line who are only seeing shirt due to injuries to key players, or a hopeless 1st choice attack who are being carried by a 21 year old seemingly penalty merchant in his debut season.

A capable attacking force would have mitigated the impact of the injury crisis by doing the Lords work in front of goal, especially against the utterly useless relegation dross we've failed to beat or even manage to score against this season.

Samchez, James, Colwill, Chilwell and Lavia will all return and no doubt improve that defence....and then what the absolute fück are we going to do with Jackson?

Very good points. I accept some of those mitigating factors. However No be your GK person just call Gbanchez abi, wetin? 😀

The other one is that your captain. I am sorry to say, I saw him on Medical school campus just last week. Na doctor una get not captain.

Then your 1st, 2nd, and 3rd choice LBs are all otu oshi. Nothing good can come out of that Israel.

I accept Colwill and Lavia. Those 2 will make a big difference.

The truth is that even purely on eye test, that defence is as bad as the attack. Na just tomahtoes and tomaytoes.

Using statistics though, everything points to the defence being worse, and IMO it needs as much work as the attack if not more.

If you guys swap only Jackson for a proper CF whose destiny is not under the care of village people, your attack will elevate to a whole new level. Jackson personally has aborted at least 10 league goals this season.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblem2: 7:45pm On Apr 25
Enzo surgery done , Reece James back in training
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 7:47pm On Apr 25
afrodoc2:

Very good points. I accept some of those mitigating factors. However No be your GK person just call Gbanchez abi, wetin? 😀

The other one is that your captain. I am sorry to say, I saw him on Medical school campus just last week. Na doctor una get not captain.

Then your 1st, 2nd, and 3rd choice LBs are all otu oshi. Nothing good can come out of that Israel.

I accept Colwill and Lavia. Those 2 will make a big difference.

The truth is that even purely on eye test, that defence is as bad as the attack. Na just tomahtoes and tomaytoes.

Using statistics though, everything points to the defence being worse, and IMO it needs as much work as the attack if not more.

If you guys swap only Jackson for a proper CF whose destiny is not under the care of village people, your attack will elevate to a whole new level. Jackson personally has aborted at least 10 league goals this season.
Colwill, James, and Chilly + Sanchez + Lavia is an entirely new defence.

There is literally no replacement in the current squad for Jackson, Mudryk, and as we saw Palmer. We have nothing to offer there.

So when you say 57 goals conceded is historically bad, I agree..but I will also remind you that 57 goals is not necessarily bad enough for us to be languishing in 9th place - like I said, you guys conceded 57 2 years ago and still went to Europe.

Newcastle with 54 conceded are still very comfortably ahead of us right now. West Ham with 63 conceded are still somehow ahead of us. If we swapped ONLY Jackson for a competent striker, even with this shïtty defence, we would still be a lot better off this season.

Games that we have failed to score this season

Chelsea 0 Forest 1
Bournemouth 0 Chelsea 0
Chelsea 0 Villa 1
Chelsea 0 Brentford 2

Let's even assume that none of these teams managed to score, and everything was a 0-0 draw, we would have picked 4 points max from our defenders.

But our useless attackers couldn't even put the ball into the net, and so we only picked 1 point from the 12 on offer in these games.

Diabolical.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamoyindamola(m): 8:04pm On Apr 25
raumdeuter:

Preventing a goal is dirty work. Fine boy no dey inside unless you are passing the work to other people
Saliba no they hide yet he hasn't been dribble past this season
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by WhoDeyHause: 8:06pm On Apr 25
afrodoc2:

Neither here nor there. He was part of the defence that was underperforming.

If Nkunku was fit this season the attack would have been better as well.

Note, I am not saying the attack is okay o, but there is no way a historically bad defence does not have a large chunk of the blame.
No one is absolving the defence of blame. Both are bad but why I would always hammer on the attack being more problematic is we waste more chances than chances allowed. If you cannot paste 10 men Burnley and Sheffield wetin no good then what's the use of the players you call attackers? Even tottenham that had 2 red cards that wasted 1-4 we all saw the number of chances missed in that game and also against apari in the second leg when the defence decided to turn up.
Just one good CB in the transfer market with the return of Fofana, Colwill and Chalobah might take us back to our strong defensive seasons but unless Jackson, sterling and co suddenly repent and start reducing the burden on palmer we'll still have the same attacking problems of last season when we had harvertz and Felix misfiring two.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by WhoDeyHause: 8:09pm On Apr 25
CaptainZubi:

Is it just me but this weyrey wan resemble Drogba small.
He should also try and resemble drogba small in goal scoring too.
Even he self knows the way he has shit for church that's why he went to barb molo.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by fredoooooo: 8:18pm On Apr 25
Kdb
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 8:19pm On Apr 25
Debruyne just height keeper with header from afar
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 8:21pm On Apr 25
That was some header from KDB
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by WhoDeyHause: 8:22pm On Apr 25
Injuries have finished this Brighton.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by fredoooooo: 8:27pm On Apr 25
Foden
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 8:28pm On Apr 25
Foden scores from a free kick via a deflection!

Brighton will be fuming, that was not a free kick; Foden slipped and fell!

Big mistake from the ref.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by WhoDeyHause: 8:31pm On Apr 25
Brighton don finally cast. That's how we'll have foolishly gone for De nonsense who might not even have done better at the club. Let's see who and how tony Bloom will scam anybody this summer.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by fredoooooo: 8:35pm On Apr 25
Foden
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 8:37pm On Apr 25
Big mistake by Valentin Barco, and Foden duly punishes Brighton.

As the commentator said, there's a time and a place for fancy passing out from the back, and this wasn't it. Brighton overdid it, they should've gotten the ball far away from their box long before the error.

(1) (2) (3) ... (19102) (19103) (19104) (19105) (19106) (19107) (19108) ... (19159) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: DeadPresidents, andrewbaba44, Leyqute(m), NinjaMetahuman, Unlimited22, airmark(m), KingAzubuike(f), dostr4(m), fredoooooo, BlueMann, nateevs(m), Bluelines69 and 19 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.